PDA

View Full Version : Defense Dominates in UCA's Purple-White Game

CSN Log
April 18th, 2009, 10:00 PM
04-18-2009 09:51 PM

Defense Dominates in UCA's Purple-White Game

CONWAY, Ark _ As it has for most of the spring, the University of Central Arkansas defense was dominant in the Bears’ Purple-Gray Game on Friday night at First Security Field at Estes Stadium.

The UCA offensive units, attempting to replace two All-Americans and three starting offensive linemen, scored a combined 13 points as the Purple beat the Gray 10-3. The Purple totaled 129 yards of offense, while the Gray finished with 113.

Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/04/18/defense-dominates-in-uca-s-purple-white?blog=2#more4746)

TexasTerror
April 18th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Is Bobo going to share duty with Grimes in the backfield? Or was this a spring-time thing and not a good glimpse of what we'll see?

And what was the general thought on the passing game? Does Park hold the ball too long or does the offensive line not up to speed yet? Three sacks? And Nathan Dick - were you guys expecting more from him right off the bat?

BEAR
April 18th, 2009, 10:31 PM
TT,

Spring ball is reserved for the defenses. It always has been. Thought you knew that!

The defense was very good last year. It is light years ahead of that team! We've got CC kids who have come in with experience and very few teams will be able to stop their rush. That will make the pass games of most teams either quick or the QB will have to be running to keep from getting sacked. I would say this is the best defense we have ever had on a field..and that's saying something!

As for our offense, Robbie is the one with the experience. He's got the system down pretty good. Nathan is still learning the schemes and will understand much more by the Fall. He wouldn't have been recruited by an SEC school if that weren't so. I attended nearly every practice and can tell you that the first practice the offense was very sloppy. The last scrimmage the offense was more in sync with ND hitting the receivers more on a regular basis and Robbie doing it too! ND can run! Running QB is a weapon we've not had since Stallworth. The oline is the biggest question so far but I can tell you after looking at those big hoss' that coach recruited for the fall, when they hit the field the oline will be huge! Barrell chested, horses with cut muscles and one focus, protect the qb.

The biggest thing I saw out there for the defense was the "klingon" like battle mentality they possess. They're huge and they never quit coming at you. I concede that that will cost us some penalties, but the opposing qb will be shaken.

The offense is still learning but if we can get a decent chemistry going, the defense should take care of the rest...ala Valdosta. (yeah, Hatcher was there. )

I don't think we will go 10 and 2 again, but it will be close to that with the defenses help. This year will prove that it's Conques system and not the QB that will prove successful. He did it at La. Tech and now here. xthumbsupx But since this is our last year of transition, it doesn't matter about our record. We go home after 12 games anyway. This is a season of learning for the newcomers on offense and defense. A winning season is likely, a great record is possible, another championship on the field would be fantastic! But a victory in Hawaii, the Hole and at SHSU would be incredible!

TexasTerror
April 19th, 2009, 08:24 AM
Spring ball is reserved for the defenses. It always has been. Thought you knew that!

Trying to incite response - got to take my notes on all the SLC teams and try to stir a ruckus if I have to in order to get it! xnodx