PDA

View Full Version : Football In DC: American, Catholic To Restore Rivalry In Division I

CSN Log
April 1st, 2009, 10:00 AM
04-01-2009 09:50 AM

Football In DC: American, Catholic To Restore Rivalry In Division I

Coming in 2013, you might be seeing something that hasn’t been seen since the 1940s: an old-fashioned grudge match between Catholic and American on the gridiron.

If Catholic University archbishop Donald Wuerl and American University president Cornelius M. Kerwin have their way, the Eagles and Cardinal will be fielding football teams in the Patriot League in four years. In a joint statement yesterday both university presidents proclaimed their intentions to do what few thought was possible: bring not one, but two, Division I programs to the district in the next four years.

Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/04/01/football-in-dc-american-catholic-to-rest?blog=2#more4586)

danefan
April 1st, 2009, 10:03 AM
Nice april fools joke.

Franks Tanks
April 1st, 2009, 10:03 AM
04-01-2009 09:50 AM

Football In DC: American, Catholic To Restore Rivalry In Division I

Coming in 2013, you might be seeing something that hasn’t been seen since the 1940s: an old-fashioned grudge match between Catholic and American on the gridiron.

If Catholic University archbishop Donald Wuerl and American University president Cornelius M. Kerwin have their way, the Eagles and Cardinal will be fielding football teams in the Patriot League in four years. In a joint statement yesterday both university presidents proclaimed their intentions to do what few thought was possible: bring not one, but two, Division I programs to the district in the next four years.

Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/04/01/football-in-dc-american-catholic-to-rest?blog=2#more4586)

APRIL FOOLS-- I call BS here

TexasTerror
April 1st, 2009, 10:49 AM
I was believing it until the very end...

“These details will need to be worked out while we work on our plan for a stadium,” Kerwin said. “Building an on-campus field is not feasible, but we’re negotiating with RFK, Howard, and Johns Hopkins for possible venues for home games,” he said.

“We’d be fools not to consider RFK,” Kerwin added.

Of course, I could have looked at their athletic web sites and realized as much as well...

mcveyrl
April 1st, 2009, 10:50 AM
I was believing it until the very end...

Of course, I could have looked at their athletic web sites and realized as much as well...

That, plus the Wash. Times link is to something on emissions. We can only hope this causes a firestorm at both these schools! :D

TexasTerror
April 1st, 2009, 10:52 AM
That, plus the Wash. Times link is to something on emissions. We can only hope this causes a firestorm at both these schools! :D

That would certainly be nice - especially considering all the teams in the area from different conferences. Lots of budding out of conference rivalries in the area would be great...

ngineer
April 1st, 2009, 09:39 PM
Would have been more credible if they included Galludet!:D

Libertine
April 2nd, 2009, 09:42 AM
April Fool's Day: The Most Annoying Day of the Year

andy7171
April 2nd, 2009, 10:33 AM
Oh snap! I fell hard for this. My wife and a whole S load of her brothers and sisters went to Catholic.

GD it. I was about to call her too.