PDA

View Full Version : Nicholls State starts spring practice

CSN Log
March 23rd, 2009, 04:40 PM
03-23-2009 04:02 PM

Nicholls State starts spring practice

Nicholls football will officially begin the 2009 season this afternoon with its first spring practice at 2 p.m. on the grass practice fields adjacent to Ray E. Didier Field.

“This is always an exciting time of year for every program,” said head coach Jay Thomas. “I know the student-athletes are looking forward to it, along with the coaching staff. We have some key areas that we have to replace some players, and have a lot of guys looking to prove themselves.”

Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/03/23/nicholls-state-starts-spring-practice?blog=2#more4471)

TexasTerror
March 23rd, 2009, 06:15 PM
Those 24 redshirt freshmen are going to have to contribute right away if the Colonels are going to have a successful year. With the offense that Jay Thomas oversees in Thibodaux, they are going to always be a threat for the 'W'.

I do like their OOC games - Jax St and Duquesne - against FCS competition. Should be a fun year down in Colonel Country.

Hood
March 29th, 2009, 03:17 PM
I know I'm excited for it. I have a feeling we might not win too many but it'll be some close fun games.

But who knows, it was a trial by fire last year so these younger guys might be ready to contribute right away!