PDA

View Full Version : American's Slipper Just Didn't Quite Fit

Lehigh Football Nation
March 20th, 2009, 11:27 AM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2009/03/americans-slipper-just-didnt-quite-fit.html

I'm pretty proud of this one. I think I speak for a fan of every David out there trying to beat Goliath.

TheValleyRaider
March 20th, 2009, 11:35 AM
It's certainly disappointing given how many seniors were on AU's roster. They were a team tailor-made to pick up a first round upset. Playing in Philly (Nova never uses the Sixers' place as their home court xrolleyesx) certainly didn't help, nor did the disparity in offciating. Not that AU should have gotten much more, but they let stuff go for the Wildcats. Nature of the beast, really, but still not fun to watch

AU just ran out of gas at the end. They needed those 3s, but just couldn't get them to fall. Too bad, but a great effort

UNH_Alum_In_CT
March 20th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Absolutely a great effort! AU controlled the tempo of that game for a very long time, much longer than most thought feasible. But once Villanova cranked up the defense, the Eagles just couldn't get the same quality of shot. Significantly more time spent breaking the press and more difficulty running their offense. AU also didn't have the inside presence to slow down Villanova nor the depth to keep their stars fresh.

I heard the announcers say that Nova played the maximum number of games allowed by the NCAA on that court -- three. One more and they couldn't have played there. It was definitely a venue where those rooting for the underdog were outnumbered.

Hoyadestroya85
March 21st, 2009, 04:11 PM
UCLA sold their ticket allotment to American for the first round game. Thank god the slipper didn't fit either. American put up a great effort, but in the end talent and depth wins. Regardless of how questionable the officiating.. it still wouldn't cover a 13 point spread.

Mr. C
March 21st, 2009, 06:33 PM
It's certainly disappointing given how many seniors were on AU's roster. They were a team tailor-made to pick up a first round upset. Playing in Philly (Nova never uses the Sixers' place as their home court xrolleyesx) certainly didn't help, nor did the disparity in offciating. Not that AU should have gotten much more, but they let stuff go for the Wildcats. Nature of the beast, really, but still not fun to watch

AU just ran out of gas at the end. They needed those 3s, but just couldn't get them to fall. Too bad, but a great effort
Actually, Villanova played THREE regular season games at the Wachovia Center this year. It's a farce they were allowed to play two more there in the NCAAs. They also played another next door at the Spectrum.

Hoyadestroya85
March 24th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Actually, Villanova played THREE regular season games at the Wachovia Center this year. It's a farce they were allowed to play two more there in the NCAAs. They also played another next door at the Spectrum.

how about how UNC plays in Greensboro like every freaking year... This is not a farce.. Villanova had a great season and got what they deserved

ISUMatt
March 24th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Thats one reason why I have Nova in my Final 4