PDA

View Full Version : Draft Guys TV Profile on Dudley Guice

smallcollegefbfan
March 19th, 2009, 11:29 AM
http://draftguys.com/index.php/articles/dgtv_1/dudley_guice_video/

SandMountainDemon
March 19th, 2009, 02:03 PM
You have got to be kidding me? The final week of the regular season and one week in El Paso has these guys clamoring about Guice?

Two pro days (LSU and NSU) killed just about any shot Guice had of going to the league. First, he doesn't run the 40 at LSU, then he runs the 40 at NSU but doesn't do any other drills. Agent's advice or not, when the scouts tell you that it is in your best interest to do all the drills, do the drills and keep your mouth shut, and to add insult to everything that he didn't do, apparently his father got into a heated arguement with several of the scouts both during and after the pro day.

smallcollegefbfan
March 19th, 2009, 03:31 PM
You have got to be kidding me? The final week of the regular season and one week in El Paso has these guys clamoring about Guice?

Two pro days (LSU and NSU) killed just about any shot Guice had of going to the league. First, he doesn't run the 40 at LSU, then he runs the 40 at NSU but doesn't do any other drills. Agent's advice or not, when the scouts tell you that it is in your best interest to do all the drills, do the drills and keep your mouth shut, and to add insult to everything that he didn't do, apparently his father got into a heated arguement with several of the scouts both during and after the pro day.

The scouts told him they didn't need him to run at the pro day today and he still did, clocking 4.3s. Then he did position drills at the LSU pro day. The scouts are very high on him right now. I would be surprised if he does not get drafted with his postseason so far.

Not sure where you are getting the information. Without giving a specific name did you talk to a scout or director yourself who told you that or did you get it from a media member or another agent?

SandMountainDemon
March 19th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Information acquired through a scout who was there today.

smallcollegefbfan
March 19th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Information acquired through a scout who was there today.

From what I heard through Guice's people they were told by scouts that he did not need to do the full workout. That scout you talked to needs to tell his agent of his complaint. They are hearing nothing but good things from what I was told. We will find out on draft day for sure.

SandMountainDemon
March 19th, 2009, 10:19 PM
Not sure where your information is coming from either, but I was at LSU's pro day, and Guice did not run the 40. He did run at the first NSU pro day and ran a 4.39 and a 4.41, but he did NOT run at LSU.

smallcollegefbfan
March 19th, 2009, 10:41 PM
Not sure where your information is coming from either, but I was at LSU's pro day, and Guice did not run the 40. He did run at the first NSU pro day and ran a 4.39 and a 4.41, but he did NOT run at LSU.

Sorry for the typo. I meant to say he ran at both NW State pro days and just did position drills at LSU. He only ran routes and cause passes from a QB at the LSU pro day.

He has run at two pro days and did a full workout at one. He did position drills at all 3 of them and played very well in the bowl game. Maybe that guy just wanted to see him workout live after hearing what he did and is one of those who doesn't like hearing it from someone and prefers to see it live? Guice has several private workouts scheduled so that is a good sign.

From what I have been able to gather he hasn't hurt himself so I hope that scout was just frustrated because he assumed Guice would workout and his stock really isn't dropping. Let's put it this way, I would be SHOCKED if Guice is not drafted. He had the scouts enamored today after doing position drills and clocking 4.3s for them.

One thing to remember that I think most fans don't realize is that just because one person doesn't like a player doesn't mean he isn't good. There are 32 teams and 32 opinions on each player and it just takes one team to draft the player.

JohnStOnge
March 20th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Interesting to me because I never perceived him as a star player in the Southland. Not somebody I as a fan thought of as really dangerous players on the other team. That doesn't mean he won't be a pro. It could be that the scheme of the team he was playing for or maybe not having good quarterbacks or something is the reason. But it'd be really something if somebody who didn't kind of obviously stand out in Southland play turned out to be a true NFL caliber player.

SandMountainDemon
March 23rd, 2009, 07:54 AM
Sorry for the typo. I meant to say he ran at both NW State pro days and just did position drills at LSU. He only ran routes and cause passes from a QB at the LSU pro day.

He has run at two pro days and did a full workout at one. He did position drills at all 3 of them and played very well in the bowl game. Maybe that guy just wanted to see him workout live after hearing what he did and is one of those who doesn't like hearing it from someone and prefers to see it live? Guice has several private workouts scheduled so that is a good sign.

From what I have been able to gather he hasn't hurt himself so I hope that scout was just frustrated because he assumed Guice would workout and his stock really isn't dropping. Let's put it this way, I would be SHOCKED if Guice is not drafted. He had the scouts enamored today after doing position drills and clocking 4.3s for them.

One thing to remember that I think most fans don't realize is that just because one person doesn't like a player doesn't mean he isn't good. There are 32 teams and 32 opinions on each player and it just takes one team to draft the player.

Sounds to me like you are his agent.

smallcollegefbfan
March 23rd, 2009, 12:52 PM
Sounds to me like you are his agent.

I don't even know who his agent is. I just know that NFL teams like Guice and that with his 3 pro day workouts and bowl game appearance that he is on draft boards.

One thing to remember as well is that one scout may be unhappy but there are over 800 personnel so that doesn't mean much. If several teams were unhappy then I could see that. The reports I heard from his pro day were the opposite from what you heard. Hopefully it was just one scout that was upset and not the entire group. Guice is a hard worker and I hope that he makes it.

KleinTx05
March 23rd, 2009, 05:06 PM
Interesting to me because I never perceived him as a star player in the Southland. Not somebody I as a fan thought of as really dangerous players on the other team. That doesn't mean he won't be a pro. It could be that the scheme of the team he was playing for or maybe not having good quarterbacks or something is the reason. But it'd be really something if somebody who didn't kind of obviously stand out in Southland play turned out to be a true NFL caliber player.

I 2nd that ...

SandMountainDemon
March 23rd, 2009, 05:33 PM
One thing to remember as well is that one scout may be unhappy but there are over 800 personnel so that doesn't mean much. If several teams were unhappy then I could see that. The reports I heard from his pro day were the opposite from what you heard. Hopefully it was just one scout that was upset and not the entire group. Guice is a hard worker and I hope that he makes it.

I know for a fact, it wasn't just one scout, it was several. It was also reported that Guice was to have a workout with the Jaquars sometime this week, but due to the "incident" and the lack of participation in the drills (after he had told the pro day director that he was doing everything), the workout had been cancelled by the Jaquars.

On another note, there is supposedly another "pro day" of sorts at NSU again in the coming weeks to make up for those who did not get to finish the workouts due to the "incident" last week.

smallcollegefbfan
March 24th, 2009, 09:32 AM
I know for a fact, it wasn't just one scout, it was several. It was also reported that Guice was to have a workout with the Jaquars sometime this week, but due to the "incident" and the lack of participation in the drills (after he had told the pro day director that he was doing everything), the workout had been cancelled by the Jaquars.

On another note, there is supposedly another "pro day" of sorts at NSU again in the coming weeks to make up for those who did not get to finish the workouts due to the "incident" last week.

Who reported this stuff?

I asked someone around the school who would have to know if they are having another pro day and he had no clue when I asked him.

SandMountainDemon
March 24th, 2009, 10:47 AM
I have sources inside the department, family sources.

smallcollegefbfan
March 24th, 2009, 11:03 AM
I have sources inside the department, family sources.

I asked around and nobody knew about that. I still think he gets drafted. His pro day results and position drill performance is too good to pass up after what he did in the bowl game.

They got a little upset he didn’t do agility drills but he came in mentally expecting to just mingle and run routes. Scouts asked why he didn’t do agility drills and he explained it.

Scouts will try to get in a player’s head sometimes and don’t really mean what they are saying. I really think what you are hearing is not as big as it seemed to you. The same scouts who were messing with him still gave him questionnaires and gave their numbers to him and his people. Several of them called him after the pro day.

I really think this is a misunderstanding and he is just fine. His workout with the Jaguars is still on for April 13th and Green Bay is another possibility for a workout later this week.