USA USA USA USA
USA USA USA USA
USA USA USA USA
USA USA USA USA
USA USA USA USA
USA USA USA USA

I Bleed Purple
March 18th, 2009, 12:36 AM
Man, that bottom of the ninth was great to watch.

bluehenbillk
March 18th, 2009, 06:58 AM
Who else is more than ready for opening day??? Looking for a repeat parade down Broad St!!!

gmoney55
March 18th, 2009, 07:42 AM
Nice to see DWright come up with a hit in the clutch for once!

mcveyrl
March 18th, 2009, 07:46 AM
That was incredible to watch!! Playoff atmosphere for sure.

Too bad it was on channel 320 on my system...

89Hen
March 18th, 2009, 08:49 AM
USA
You're just lucky China wasn't involved. :p

appfan2008
March 18th, 2009, 08:52 AM
congrats to the baseball team... i enjoy the wbc.... i wish more people cared bc it is exciting

UNHWildCats
March 18th, 2009, 08:53 AM
You're just lucky China wasn't involved. :p
xeyebrowx why's that.... Country before C***

well unless we're talking about a realllll cute guy xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

UNHWildCats
March 18th, 2009, 08:56 AM
congrats to the baseball team... i enjoy the wbc.... i wish more people cared bc it is exciting
I think more people would care if it was in November and not just before the start of a long season....

A lot of people despise it because of the risk of injury to players before an important season....

89Hen
March 18th, 2009, 08:59 AM
xeyebrowx why's that.... Country before C***
Not that. It just seemed that anytime gets all patriotic, China seems to be dragged into the discussion. xwhistlex

UNHWildCats
March 18th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Not that. It just seemed that anytime gets all patriotic, China seems to be dragged into the discussion. xwhistlex
xlolxxlolxxlolx but in baseball the Chinese National Team couldnt even carry a t-ball teams jock straps xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

There so desperate for recognition they force the international sports community to recognize Taiwan as Chinese Taipei in these events xlolxxlolx

gmoney55
March 18th, 2009, 09:14 AM

Definitely agree with that, I was into the USA/Canada game last week and that was just the opener. Talked with a few others at work who said they would have liked to watch last night as well. I'm sure ESPN has their various NIT contracts but they would have done better last night to have the WBC on ESPN2 and the NIT games on ESPNU or something.

mcveyrl
March 18th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Definitely agree with that, I was into the USA/Canada game last week and that was just the opener. Talked with a few others at work who said they would have liked to watch last night as well. I'm sure ESPN has their various NIT contracts but they would have done better last night to have the WBC on ESPN2 and the NIT games on ESPNU or something.

To give my cable system credit, they opened up MLB Network to everybody (as long as you could get channel 320 on your box [that's what she said])

LacesOut
March 18th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Too bad it was on channel 320 on my system...

Ahh, so that's why I couldn't find it on ESPN or ESPN2.

mcveyrl
March 18th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Ahh, so that's why I couldn't find it on ESPN or ESPN2.

Yea, it was an MLB Network game...Pretty ridiculous that nothing could get worked out to show it.

93henfan
March 18th, 2009, 09:30 AM
I take it the USA won?

mcveyrl
March 18th, 2009, 09:32 AM
I take it the USA won?

Down 5-3, they scored three runs in the bottom of the 9th to win. High drama.

813Jag
March 18th, 2009, 09:39 AM
USA USA USA USA
USA USA USA USA
USA USA USA USA
USA USA USA USA
USA USA USA USA
USA USA USA USA
USA USA USA USA

USA USA USA USA
USA USA USA USA
USA USA USA USA

the white "S" makes it look like you're cheering for Arizona. xlolx

appmaj
March 18th, 2009, 11:18 AM
Is tonight's game on TV?

TheValleyRaider
March 18th, 2009, 11:43 AM
According to the website, tonight's game (USA-Venezuela) is ESPN Deportes and MLB Network

ESPN2 will have Japan-Cuba, an elimination game matchup between the 2 finalists from the first edition

ESPN360 might have them both as well

GannonFan
March 18th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Still can't seem to care about this event. 19 days until Opening Day, and just 1 Day until March Madness. They couldn't pick a worse time to stage this thing. xnodx

bandl
March 18th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Still can't seem to care about this event. 19 days until Opening Day, and just 1 Day until March Madness. They couldn't pick a worse time to stage this thing. xnodx

I agree. xpeacex

Plus we're smack in the middle of the UEFA Champions League, oh wait... xeyebrowx xsmiley_wix

And MLS starts up tomorrow...sonofa.... xoopsx

I Bleed Purple
March 18th, 2009, 01:26 PM
And once again, Korea is overlooked. 2-1 against the champion in '06, 2-1 against them this year. Olympic champs. Hope we get 'em in the final and not semifinal.

mcveyrl
March 18th, 2009, 01:30 PM

The timing is definitely awful. But I can usually get up for any international competition.

bandl
March 18th, 2009, 01:36 PM
The timing is definitely awful. But I can usually get it up for any international dude.

Nice mcvegan, nice. xthumbsupx

slycat
March 18th, 2009, 05:49 PM
I agree. xpeacex

Plus we're smack in the middle of the UEFA Champions League, oh wait... xeyebrowx xsmiley_wix

And MLS starts up tomorrow...sonofa.... xoopsx

Thats what I care about. Seattles fans are going to look great in the kick off to the season tomorrow.