PDA

View Full Version : Davidson College Basketball...

ASUMountaineer
March 7th, 2009, 02:18 PM
chode-rrific. Discuss.

http://craig.purplestateofmind.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/davidson-wildcats.jpg

Reign of Terrier
March 7th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Wha?

TwinTownBisonFan
March 7th, 2009, 02:53 PM
up 8 on app with 6 mins to go... those chodes are beating your squad... not that it has anything to do with your comment ;-)

ASUMountaineer
March 8th, 2009, 01:59 PM
up 8 on app with 6 mins to go... those chodes are beating your squad... not that it has anything to do with your comment ;-)

It goes back farther than just this year. Including the little Davidson intern at Howard Coble's office back in 2003. He was a chode too. :) I live 5 miles from Davidson College...I hate that place. xnodx

Hansel
March 8th, 2009, 08:17 PM
no more Curry's for espn

Baldy
March 8th, 2009, 10:22 PM
no more Curry's for espn

They still have the NIT. xcoffeex

JMU Newbill
March 9th, 2009, 06:09 AM
They are so overrated. I am sick of them getting so much publicity. If you look at a majority of Curry's stat lines... he has to throw up 20 shots to score 20 points. That's not efficient at all, particularly for a jump/range shooter.

OL FU
March 9th, 2009, 07:35 AM
Pulling for the football playing school

GO MOCsxthumbsupx

PhoenixPhan06
March 9th, 2009, 08:39 AM
I think they still have an outside shot at getting in depending on how the rest of the conference tourny's end up. The NIT's looking like the strongest possibility though.

proasu89
March 9th, 2009, 08:59 PM
They are so overrated. I am sick of them getting so much publicity. If you look at a majority of Curry's stat lines... he has to throw up 20 shots to score 20 points. That's not efficient at all, particularly for a jump/range shooter.

This year, yes they are overrated. Not so last year.

LehighFan11
March 9th, 2009, 09:39 PM

Are you attempting to call Davidson overrated or Curry overrated?

JMU Newbill
March 10th, 2009, 08:08 AM
Are you attempting to call Davidson overrated or Curry overrated?

Since Curry is Davidson, yea, I'd go ahead and say they are both overrated. The press tried oh so hard to sell them as a top 25 team early this year. That ended quickly.

I mean come on, if they played in any decent basketball conference... not even the big dogs like the Big East or the ACC.... they would be a .500 team at best.

They finished the season 26-7, 18-2. Look at those numbers... they look ok right? Well until you look at the fact that they are only 8-5 outside of the SoCon. 8-5? Ok... lets look into that further, since only ONE SoCon team makes the big dance every year.

Against RPI top 200 teams, they are an "average at best" 11 - 7, which includes only 1 RPI top 100 win. OK, Ill give them some credit, they are 14-0 against RPI 200+ teams. One last fact, they are 6-4 in their last 10 games. Supposedly how "hot" your team is factors into the selection process.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/rpi/DAVID

Who have they beaten??? They beat WVA... wow... big deal. Bottom line is they have not beaten anyone worth talking about. If they make the tournament, it will be solely based on publicity.

OL FU
March 10th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Since Curry is Davidson, yea, I'd go ahead and say they are both overrated. The press tried oh so hard to sell them as a top 25 team early this year. That ended quickly.

I mean come on, if they played in any decent basketball conference... not even the big dogs like the Big East or the ACC.... they would be a .500 team at best.

They finished the season 26-7, 18-2. Look at those numbers... they look ok right? Well until you look at the fact that they are only 8-5 outside of the SoCon. 8-5? Ok... lets look into that further, since only ONE SoCon team makes the big dance every year.

Against RPI top 200 teams, they are an "average at best" 11 - 7, which includes only 1 RPI top 100 win. OK, Ill give them some credit, they are 14-0 against RPI 200+ teams. One last fact, they are 6-4 in their last 10 games. Supposedly how "hot" your team is factors into the selection process.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/rpi/DAVID

Who have they beaten??? They beat WVA... wow... big deal. Bottom line is they have not beaten anyone worth talking about. If they make the tournament, it will be solely based on publicity.

I wonder how badly they would kick JMU's assxsmiley_wix

OL FU
March 10th, 2009, 08:29 AM
Oh wait 99-64:p

JMU Newbill
March 10th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Oh wait 99-64:p

Below the belt!!!!!!!!

JMU DJ
March 10th, 2009, 09:37 AM
Meh, who couldn't beat JMU? At least in the time I was there... Me and some guys I knew played them to a score of 21-20 in a pick up game.

WVU is a big win, they're one of the hottest teams in the nation right now... 8 of their 10 loses come from within their conference, and if you look a their conference, it's not the CAA or SoCon. It's UConn, Nova, Marquette, Louisville, Syracuse... all top 25 teams. Aside from beating WVU, Davidson is garbage this year

JMU Newbill
March 10th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Yea... I just don't think you can make an argument for a team that has only beaten ONE top 100 team this year. JMO

JMU Newbill
March 10th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Escpecially since they did not win their conference tournament.

bluehenbillk
March 10th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Cmon guys, even lowly Delaware throttled JMU, not that big of an accomplishment. Davidson will be in the NIT.

Appfan_in_CAAland
March 10th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Cmon guys, even lowly Delaware throttled JMU, not that big of an accomplishment. Davidson will be in the NIT.

They will be in the NIT because they will get an autobid to the NIT, but they will get the throttled on the road in the first round. SoCon basketball is garbage. And what does it say about App's basketball team?xsmhx

At least Mrs. Appfan_in_CAALand's alma mater won the CAA last night! xnodx

JMU Newbill
March 10th, 2009, 11:37 AM

Completely off topic... but just thought I would point out...

JMU's record (19-14) > Delaware's record (13-19)

LehighFan11
March 10th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Davidson is overrated as a tournament team, but in no way is Curry overrated. He deserves all the attention and press he gets. He will be a high pick in the NBA draft for a reason, kid can score.

HiHiYikas
March 10th, 2009, 08:42 PM
They will be in the NIT because they will get an autobid to the NIT, but they will get the throttled on the road in the first round. SoCon basketball is garbage. And what does it say about App's basketball team?xsmhx

At least Mrs. Appfan_in_CAALand's alma mater won the CAA last night! xnodx
Mrs. HiHi went to VCU, too. Since the Rams are something like 0-5 all-time when I'm in attendance, I did the wise thing and didn't buy CAA tourney tickets again this year.

gr8ness97
March 10th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Pulling for the football playing school

GO MOCsxthumbsupx

LOL Davidson plays FB

just not in the Socon xrotatehx