PDA

View Full Version : All-Combine Snub Team

smallcollegefbfan
March 7th, 2009, 12:13 PM
With some of the recent pro day performances and non combine invites I saw in the bowl games, here is the list I compiled. Any names I am forgetting? Before you point out a name make sure they played in an all-star game or have already posted impressive pro day numbers. That is what I went off of when compiling this list because the combine list was based purely on performances during the season and not bowl games or pro days.

OFFENSE
QB Brock Smith, Liberty
RB Devin Moore, Wyoming
RB Aaron Brown, TCU
RB/FB Frank Summers, UNLV
WR Dudley Guice, NW State
WR Dobson Collins, Gardner-Webb
WR Greg Carr, Florida State
TE Darius Hill, Ball State
OT Sebastian Vollmer, Houston
OT Brandon Pearce, Memphis
OG T.J. Lang, Eastern Michigan
OG Jonathan Compas, UC Davis
C Blake Schlueter, TCU

DEFENSE
DE Everette Pedescleaux, Northern Iowa
DE Pierre Walters, Eastern Illinois
DT Nader Abdallah, Ohio State
DT Clinton McDonald, Memphis
DT Rashaad Jackson, Clemson
LB Jason Williams, Western Illinois
LB Frantz Joseph, Florida Atlantic
LB Dan Skuta, Grand Valley State
LB Ashlee Palmer, Ole Miss
CB Greg Toler, St. Paul’s
CB D.J. Clark, Idaho State
S Colt Anderson, Montana
S Trimane Goddard, North Carolina

SPECIAL TEAMS
K Ryan Succop, South Carolina
P T.J. Conley, Idaho
LS Mark Estermyer, Pittsburgh

Lehigh Football Nation
March 9th, 2009, 11:58 AM
DEFENSE
S Colt Anderson, Montana

These two stand out to me. Anderson probably isn't getting the nods due to his height, but Pedescleaux' exclusion baffles me.

smallcollegefbfan
March 9th, 2009, 12:01 PM
These two stand out to me. Anderson probably isn't getting the nods due to his height, but Pedescleaux' exclusion baffles me.

Colt is a player who could easily go in the 6th or 7th round because I know some insiders who actually expected him to have a combine invite. I could see both getting drafted in the 6th or 7th round very easily, especially with solid pro days. If Anderson runs 4.5s and Pedescleaux runs sub 5.10 then I definitely think they do.

The Tank
March 9th, 2009, 12:07 PM
San Diego had their pro day on Friday 3/6, any word on how John Matthews performed?

Lehigh Football Nation
March 9th, 2009, 12:08 PM
Acutally, I see LB Jason Williams, too, on the "excluded" list. He's another one who should get a shot - again, is height the issue?

smallcollegefbfan
March 9th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Acutally, I see LB Jason Williams, too, on the "excluded" list. He's another one who should get a shot - again, is height the issue?

There are a lot of people who thought he would get in but NFL scouts think he is a better athlete than football player. Coming from a small school you have to be considered good at both to go high. That is why I think Williams goes in the late 5th-early 7th round range and I only think that because his workouts were lights out and would have been the best among all LBs at the combine. If he goes mid 5th round or higher then I believe that is a home run for him and the FCS.

clenz
March 9th, 2009, 02:48 PM
The fact Big E wasn't invited/isn't being talked about is a joke.

smallcollegefbfan
March 9th, 2009, 03:53 PM
The fact Big E wasn't invited/isn't being talked about is a joke.

He has a slight buzz and I would be surprised if he does not get drafted with a solid pro day workout.

clenz
March 9th, 2009, 04:01 PM
He has a slight buzz and I would be surprised if he does not get drafted with a solid pro day workout.
I know he has some buzz, but the man signed with a B10 school up front...I know that doesn't mean his is better than the FCS guys but he is.

If he put the season he had at UNI up at Iowa, or Minnesota where he signed first, he would be a first day pick.

mtgrizfan4life
March 10th, 2009, 06:41 PM
FYI regarding Colt Anderson and our OL. Solid performance from Colt.

The University of Montana held its pro day Monday, with three schools represented and 11 players participating — five from Montana, four from Montana State and two from Carroll College.

The pro day was held indoors and players ran on a rubber track, though they braved the chilly temperatures outside for the three-cone drill.

Montana, traditionally a powerhouse in what is now the Football Championship Subdivision (or FCS, formerly Division I-AA), has played in four FCS title games since 2000, winning it all in 2001. In fact, Brandon Fisher, the son of Tennessee Titans coach Jeff Fisher, plays linebacker for the Grizzlies and will be a senior next season.

One of the more impressive performers at the pro day was Montana S Colt Anderson. Anderson, who measured 5-foot-9 5/8 and 194 pounds, turned in 40-yard dash times of 4.53 and 4.56. He had a very good three-cone drill time of 6.88 seconds and posted a 4.22 time in the 20-yard shuttle on a bad surface. His vertical leap was 36 1/2 inches and his broad jump measured 10-3. He had 15 repetitions on the bench press at 225 pounds.

Other notables from Montana’s pro day:

» Montana G J.D. Quinn: He measured in at 6-3 1/4 and 299 pounds. He posted times of 5.26 and 5.22 in the 40. He had 19 reps on the bench press and a 27 1/2-inch vertical. He ran a 4.90 20-yard shuttle on a bad surface and an 8.09 three-cone drill, with an 8-0 broad jump.

» Montana C Colin Dow: Dow, who measured 6-5 and 305 pounds, ran 40 times of 5.23 and 5.20. He put up 22 reps on the bench press and had a 26-inch vertical leap. He ran a 4.92 20-yard shuttle on a bad surface and an 8.13 three-cone drill, with an 8-7 broad jump.

» Montana State G Louis Saucedo: He measured 6-4 3/4 and 332 pounds and did 22 reps on the bench press. Saucedo, who has been training in Atlanta, recently suffered a hamstring injury and as a result he wasn’t able to work out.

SandMountainDemon
March 19th, 2009, 10:09 AM
With some of the recent pro day performances and non combine invites I saw in the bowl games, here is the list I compiled. Any names I am forgetting? Before you point out a name make sure they played in an all-star game or have already posted impressive pro day numbers. That is what I went off of when compiling this list because the combine list was based purely on performances during the season and not bowl games or pro days.

OFFENSE
QB Brock Smith, Liberty
RB Devin Moore, Wyoming
RB Aaron Brown, TCU
RB/FB Frank Summers, UNLV
WR Dudley Guice, NW State
WR Dobson Collins, Gardner-Webb
WR Greg Carr, Florida State
TE Darius Hill, Ball State
OT Sebastian Vollmer, Houston
OT Brandon Pearce, Memphis
OG T.J. Lang, Eastern Michigan
OG Jonathan Compas, UC Davis
C Blake Schlueter, TCU

DEFENSE
DE Pierre Walters, Eastern Illinois
DT Nader Abdallah, Ohio State
DT Clinton McDonald, Memphis
DT Rashaad Jackson, Clemson
LB Jason Williams, Western Illinois
LB Frantz Joseph, Florida Atlantic
LB Dan Skuta, Grand Valley State
LB Ashlee Palmer, Ole Miss
CB Greg Toler, St. Paul’s
CB D.J. Clark, Idaho State
S Colt Anderson, Montana
S Trimane Goddard, North Carolina

SPECIAL TEAMS
K Ryan Succop, South Carolina
P T.J. Conley, Idaho
LS Mark Estermyer, Pittsburgh

Guice has probably shot himself in the foot. He was a LSU's pro day and refused to run the 40, on the advice of his agent. He was also at NSU's pro day and is doing nothing but running the 40, again on the advice of his agent. Hearing that those two moves really pissed off a lot of scouts, GM's, and Pro Player Directors who came out to see him at both pro days.

smallcollegefbfan
March 19th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Guice has probably shot himself in the foot. He was a LSU's pro day and refused to run the 40, on the advice of his agent. He was also at NSU's pro day and is doing nothing but running the 40, again on the advice of his agent. Hearing that those two moves really pissed off a lot of scouts, GM's, and Pro Player Directors who came out to see him at both pro days.

That is not good. Agents don't realize that if a player is unknown and he has a good first pro day that he needs to follow that up with a second impressive workout because these GMs and directors want to see him live with their own eyes.

appfan2008
March 19th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Pierre Banks?

TexasTerror
March 19th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Let me ask it for the fans in San Marcos...

"NO CAMERON LUKE?"

Luke was a solid FCS player. I was a big fan of his and he was truly one of those players (for opposing schools), that you could not wait to graduate. He has Pro Day to make the most of things in San Marcos.

smallcollegefbfan
March 19th, 2009, 11:56 AM
Pierre Banks?

Really has no chance at getting drafted so he wouldn't make this team. I'm curious to see what the NFL reports as his 40 time.

smallcollegefbfan
March 19th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Let me ask it for the fans in San Marcos...

"NO CAMERON LUKE?"

Luke was a solid FCS player. I was a big fan of his and he was truly one of those players (for opposing schools), that you could not wait to graduate. He has Pro Day to make the most of things in San Marcos.

He needs to show he is faster than what people think or else he might not even get in a camp. Hopefully he does that because he is a great person from what I have heard.