PDA

View Full Version : Tresolini: Believe it or not, UD went out of its way to schedule DSU

CSN Log
March 1st, 2009, 08:50 AM
03-01-2009 09:41 AM

Tresolini: Believe it or not, UD went out of its way to schedule DSU

The University of Delaware’s stubborn reluctance to play Delaware State in football has been chronicled on these pages for many years, often in less-than-flattering terms.

But in the wake of Tuesday’s historic announcement that Delaware would, at last, cast aside years of willful and pointless disregard and play Delaware State in four regular-season football games, it’s very important to note: The University of Delaware’s persistence and generosity made this happen.

Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/03/01/tresolini-believe-it-or-not-ud-went-out?blog=2#more4350)

eaglesrthe1
March 1st, 2009, 07:00 PM
UD gets a 3.5 to .5 home and home with DSU? Their generosity knows no bounds.xrolleyesx

93henfan
March 1st, 2009, 07:42 PM
UD gets a 3.5 to .5 home and home with DSU? Their generosity knows no bounds.xrolleyesx

We let you barefoot hillbillies into our stadium for a home-n-home and for the playoffs. You should be thankful!

But seriously, Delaware's stadium has 15,000 more seats than DelState's. It would be financial suicide for either team to have the game in Dover. That leaves Newark only. This year's game is not part of the series. It was a replacement for Furman, so that shouldn't be part of the equation. That leaves the three games in question, of which financial terms were not disclosed. Many speculate that DelState will be getting a sweeter payout than other visitors to Delaware Stadium and as the article states, DelState will be getting far greater ticket allotments than other visitors and for one game will get 50% of the tickets at Delaware Stadium.

I'd say Delaware's generosity is quite remarkable in this case.

Hood
March 1st, 2009, 11:41 PM
I have no dog in this fight but as a football fan in general, I am glad to see the teams playing each other.

93henfan
March 2nd, 2009, 09:51 AM
That one game where DelState gets 50% of the tickets is going to be one hell of an atmosphere with 11,000+ in blue and 11,000+ in red. xthumbsupxxbowxxthumbsupxxbowxxthumbsupx

OhioHen
March 2nd, 2009, 11:59 AM
That one game where DelState gets 50% of the tickets is going to be one hell of an atmosphere with 11,000+ in blue and 11,000+ in red. xthumbsupxxbowxxthumbsupxxbowxxthumbsupx

I'll believe it when we see it.

GannonFan
March 2nd, 2009, 01:26 PM

I'll believe it when we see it.

Agreed - I'm not sure how you'll be able to verify someone's rooting interest prior to selling them tickets. Just having control of 11k tickets won't guarantee 11k red-clad fans in the stands.

DSUrocks07
March 2nd, 2009, 01:46 PM
Agreed - I'm not sure how you'll be able to verify someone's rooting interest prior to selling them tickets. Just having control of 11k tickets won't guarantee 11k red-clad fans in the stands.

Well I'll have one of them...xthumbsupx