PDA

View Full Version : UNH Beats Albany, Plays Stony Brook Sunday For 4th Seed

UNHWildCats
February 26th, 2009, 11:00 PM
The New Hampshire Wildcats improved to 7-8 in conference this season with a 64-56 win over Albany in America East play Thursday, the win moved the Wildcats into 5th place just a game behind the 8-7 Seawolves of Stony Brook who they play Sunday to close out the season.

If New Hampshire wins the game they will lock up the four seed in the upcoming tournament.

Stony Brook can finish no worse then fifth so in almost all scenerios New Hampshire and Stony Brook will play again the following Saturday in the opening round of the America East Torunament.

Should New Hampshire lose they will need Albany to beat Maryland-Baltimore County.

Earlier this season New Hampshire beat Stony Brook 71-60 while Albany beat Maryland-Baltimore County 80-71.

Seawolf97
February 27th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Should be a good game!

UNH_Alum_In_CT
February 27th, 2009, 08:22 PM
The New Hampshire Wildcats improved to 7-8 in conference this season with a 64-56 win over Albany in America East play Thursday, the win moved the Wildcats into 5th place just a game behind the 8-7 Seawolves of Stony Brook who they play Sunday to close out the season.

If New Hampshire wins the game they will lock up the four seed in the upcoming tournament.

Stony Brook can finish no worse then fifth so in almost all scenerios New Hampshire and Stony Brook will play again the following Saturday in the opening round of the America East Torunament.

Should New Hampshire lose they will need Albany to beat Maryland-Baltimore County.

Earlier this season New Hampshire beat Stony Brook 71-60 while Albany beat Maryland-Baltimore County 80-71.

The UA-UMBC game is in MD on Senior Day when they honor Jay Greene and Daryl Proctor who led them to the AE regular season and tournament championships last season. I'm not counting on Albany winning on Sunday. If UNH wants to play in the #4-#5 game, then they better beat Stony Brook.

YorkCounty and I were joking that you would probably start a thread on this. xrolleyesx You're officially back on jinx observation. :p :p :p :p xrotatehx ;)

UNHWildCats
February 27th, 2009, 08:31 PM
The UA-UMBC game is in MD on Senior Day when they honor Jay Greene and Daryl Proctor who led them to the AE regular season and tournament championships last season. I'm not counting on Albany winning on Sunday. If UNH wants to play in the #4-#5 game, then they better beat Stony Brook.

YorkCounty and I were joking that you would probably start a thread on this. xrolleyesx You're officially back on jinx observation. :p :p :p :p xrotatehx ;)
i promise no hockey threads...deal :p

danefan
February 28th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Anybody heading to Albany for the AEast tourney? Should be fun. The MAAC tourney is right down the street too.

WWII
February 28th, 2009, 10:33 AM
i'll be at the games.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
February 28th, 2009, 08:50 PM
i promise no hockey threads...deal :p

You're probably going to be shocked, but I care more about hoop than hockey. xnodx :D

WWII
February 28th, 2009, 08:53 PM
unh alum, are you going to be there Friday night?

UNHWildCats
February 28th, 2009, 08:56 PM
You're probably going to be shocked, but I care more about hoop than hockey. xnodx :D
i like em all evenly.... i just know we have a better chance to make noise in the national hockey tourney then we would in the NCAA BB tourney so i dont feel as bad jinxing the bb team.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
February 28th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Anybody heading to Albany for the AEast tourney? Should be fun. The MAAC tourney is right down the street too.

I'm going to all four sessions of the AE tournament. Have to miss the football banquet though. xmadx

xtwocentsx I could care less about the MAAC tourney. I'd rather watch the AE PIG. I'd rather watch an AE women's game. xtwocentsx

UNH_Alum_In_CT
February 28th, 2009, 09:03 PM
unh alum, are you going to be there Friday night?

Yes I will. Most likely will be with two posters from the AE Forum, Chet (Maine) and lsbal (Hartford). Unfortunately, they're playing in the PIG so I'll probably sit between them and referee! ;) xrotatehx xlolx xlolx

Danefan, UAalum72 are you going to the tourney? Going Friday night? I should be there fairly early Friday, maybe we can all meet somewhere in the arena?

UNH_Alum_In_CT
February 28th, 2009, 09:12 PM
i like em all evenly.... i just know we have a better chance to make noise in the national hockey tourney then we would in the NCAA BB tourney so i dont feel as bad jinxing the bb team.

That's very true and I do jump on the hockey bandwagon, but hockey has more than enough fans. Besides I've always been a hoop guy, even when I was in school. The hoop team needs the support more and they most assuredly need some good karma! Only eight winning seasons since WWII, none since 1994-5, never played in the conference championship game, never finished 1st outright in the regular season (tied once in the early 80's when the schedule was unbalanced), etc. They don't need any jinxes thrown at them!! ;)

UNHWildCats
February 28th, 2009, 09:25 PM
That's very true and I do jump on the hockey bandwagon, but hockey has more than enough fans. Besides I've always been a hoop guy, even when I was in school. The hoop team needs the support more and they most assuredly need some good karma! Only eight winning seasons since WWII, none since 1994-5, never played in the conference championship game, never finished 1st outright in the regular season (tied once in the early 80's when the schedule was unbalanced), etc. They don't need any jinxes thrown at them!! ;)
ok... not one word on them until after next season :p