PDA

View Full Version : NFL Combine

smallcollegefbfan
February 21st, 2009, 03:11 PM
Here are some official results I was able to track down.

Central Arkansas TE Marquez Branson ran a 4.71 40, 22 reps, 35 vertical,
Furman OT Joel Bell ran a 5.07 and 5.15 40, 9'1 broad jump, and 7.55 3-cone.

smallcollegefbfan
February 22nd, 2009, 12:22 AM
Rashad Jennings- 29 reps
Quinten Lawrence- 20 reps
Ramses Barden- 17 reps
Javarris Williams- 25 reps

JohnStOnge
February 22nd, 2009, 06:59 AM
I've been wondering when they were going to start. Want to see if Quinten Lawrence has been able to come far enough back from the broken ankle he suffered in the 5th game of the 2008 season to run at his best. NFLDraftScout has his "central" 40 time at 4.35 with a range of 4.26 to 4.46. Want to see if he can get a time consistent with those numbers. He was also a state champion high jumper (7.0 feet) in high school and is supposed to have a 40 inch verticle. Want to see how he does in the leaping tests.

smallcollegefbfan
February 22nd, 2009, 07:57 AM
I've been wondering when they were going to start. Want to see if Quinten Lawrence has been able to come far enough back from the broken ankle he suffered in the 5th game of the 2008 season to run at his best. NFLDraftScout has his "central" 40 time at 4.35 with a range of 4.26 to 4.46. Want to see if he can get a time consistent with those numbers. He was also a state champion high jumper (7.0 feet) in high school and is supposed to have a 40 inch verticle. Want to see how he does in the leaping tests.

Not sure where they got the 4.26 and 4.46 from. I heard NFLDraftScout makes up the high and low times. Lawrence ran all 4.3s at his junior pro day so not sure where they are getting the 4.46 from. I doubt Lawrence runs or if he does he probably won't be at full strength. I expect him to run for sure and at least be at full strength at his pro day. From what I heard, he is getting close to full strength and might be now but he hasn't had the time to train like others due to rehab.

Syntax Error
February 22nd, 2009, 10:07 AM
SCFF, thanks for posting combine stuff about the former FCS players. Keep it up! xthumbsupx

smallcollegefbfan
February 22nd, 2009, 10:39 AM
WR Dominique Edison of SFA was timed in the 4.37-4.40 range on clocks thus far.
Ramses Barden ran 4.57 in the 40.
Rhett Bomar ran 4.71-4.74 in the 40.

smallcollegefbfan
February 22nd, 2009, 10:40 AM
SCFF, thanks for posting combine stuff about the former FCS players. Keep it up! xthumbsupx

Thanks! I will post the official results as soon as I get them compiled in one document. Until then I am posting the tidbits I am able to collect.

JohnStOnge
February 22nd, 2009, 11:23 AM
Not sure where they got the 4.26 and 4.46 from. I heard NFLDraftScout makes up the high and low times. Lawrence ran all 4.3s at his junior pro day so not sure where they are getting the 4.46 from. I doubt Lawrence runs or if he does he probably won't be at full strength. I expect him to run for sure and at least be at full strength at his pro day. From what I heard, he is getting close to full strength and might be now but he hasn't had the time to train like others due to rehab.

He didn't run. I'm watching the wideouts run right now on the NFL network and he scrolled at the top as "DNP."

I know it's not FCS, but how about the guy from Abeline Christian running 4.25. Wow.

smallcollegefbfan
February 22nd, 2009, 11:34 AM
He didn't run. I'm watching the wideouts run right now on the NFL network and he scrolled at the top as "DNP."

I know it's not FCS, but how about the guy from Abeline Christian running 4.25. Wow.

We were talking about times he ran previously. Lawrence is waiting to run for the pro day because of rehabbing for his injury.

BEAR
February 22nd, 2009, 12:47 PM

If that's Bernard Scott, he's a former UCA Bear that got into a little trouble and had to leave. Conque knows how to pick 'em. xthumbsupx (guess that could be taken either way..xconfusedxxlolx)

smallcollegefbfan
February 22nd, 2009, 12:47 PM
UPDATE: Rhett Bomar ran a 4.82 official 40.

smallcollegefbfan
February 22nd, 2009, 01:49 PM
Unofficial 40s

Javarris Williams- 4.53
Rashad Jennings- 4.49

JohnStOnge
February 22nd, 2009, 05:45 PM
If that's Bernard Scott, he's a former UCA Bear that got into a little trouble and had to leave.

A guy named Johnny Knox. However, his official time is 4.34. I was watching them on NFL.com and they said 4.25. I guess that's another manifestation of how the NFL combine "official" times tend to be conservative. They'd also said Deon Butler of Penn State was 4.26 but his official tiem is listed at 4.38. I wonder what Ramses Barden's official time turned out to be. While I was watching they called his at 4.57.

already123
February 22nd, 2009, 09:21 PM
How did bomar throw? Brown?

smallcollegefbfan
February 22nd, 2009, 11:28 PM
How did bomar throw? Brown?

Bomar was solid. Did not see Nathan Brown yet. Would be surprised if Brown gets drafted because he is not a player that looks great in workouts or practices. He is a gamer and will make a roster because of how quickly he picks up a system with little reps and what he does late in preseason games.

BEAR
February 23rd, 2009, 07:13 AM
(Warning: homer alert..lol)

Brown will get drafted. Forget the negatives the 4-letter is putting on him, he can play. Coaches are desperate to see a qb that can play no matter his negs. He might not be picked top rounds and may have to hold the clipboard his first year, but any kid who can read a defense in one visual pass, catches onto a system so quickly, has a relentless work ethic, outstanding character, completes nearly 70 % of his passes, has thrown for 10,000+ yards and 100 TDs in college isn't something you pass up on too long. Plus observers are saying what Bear fans have said for years, when he's in the game the team just plays better. He's got that "it" that very few players have. Is he perfect, no. Can he lead an NFL team down the field...YES! He should have had 3 TDs in that Senior Bowl game if the WR hadn't quit on his route(the announcer even said that)! Don't believe everything the media tells you about a player, just do what Nathan says in his interviews, "just give me a chance." xthumbsupx

By the way, did you see the commercial for the QBs before the combine yesterday? Brown said "You might never have heard of me before, but now you will." Pretty cool to see from a fan's perspective! xlolx

BEAR
February 23rd, 2009, 07:15 AM
A guy named Johnny Knox. However, his official time is 4.34. I was watching them on NFL.com and they said 4.25. I guess that's another manifestation of how the NFL combine "official" times tend to be conservative. They'd also said Deon Butler of Penn State was 4.26 but his official tiem is listed at 4.38. I wonder what Ramses Barden's official time turned out to be. While I was watching they called his at 4.57.

ACU with 2 RBs in the combine! Wow! Talk about losing a stable of talent! xeekx

Purple Pride
February 23rd, 2009, 07:42 AM

Brown will get drafted. Forget the negatives the 4-letter is putting on him, he can play. Coaches are desperate to see a qb that can play no matter his negs. He might not be picked top rounds and may have to hold the clipboard his first year, but any kid who can read a defense in one visual pass, catches onto a system so quickly, has a relentless work ethic, outstanding character, completes nearly 70 % of his passes, has thrown for 10,000+ yards and 100 TDs in college isn't something you pass up on too long. Plus observers are saying what Bear fans have said for years, when he's in the game the team just plays better. He's got that "it" that very few players have. Is he perfect, no. Can he lead an NFL team down the field...YES! He should have had 3 TDs in that Senior Bowl game if the WR hadn't quit on his route(the announcer even said that)! Don't believe everything the media tells you about a player, just do what Nathan says in his interviews, "just give me a chance." xthumbsupx

By the way, did you see the commercial for the QBs before the combine yesterday? Brown said "You might never have heard of me before, but now you will." Pretty cool to see from a fan's perspective! xlolx

The NFL.com page on Knox prior to the Combine had this to say:

"Negatives: Lacks elite speed or quickness, but had enough to be special at the FCS level."

smallcollegefbfan
February 23rd, 2009, 08:45 AM
The NFL.com page on Knox prior to the Combine had this to say:

"Negatives: Lacks elite speed or quickness, but had enough to be special at the FCS level."

The people who wrote that are NFLDraftScout.com. Makes you wonder if they actually watch the tape or if they simply copy the grades that the NFL Scouting Services give. That would make sense since the 40 times and sizes they use are straight from those pro days. Anyone who saw Knox would say he is a 4.3 or at the worst a low 4.4 guy and he proved he is without a doubt a 4.3 guy.

smallcollegefbfan
February 23rd, 2009, 08:46 AM
Lee Robinson did 24 reps of 225 pounds.

smallcollegefbfan
February 23rd, 2009, 08:59 AM

I think he gets drafted late (6th-7th) and if he goes undrafted it will be due to a poor workout at the Combine. I will have to ask some people I know there to see what they say. Brown had an outstanding career and deserves to get drafted but we all know how that is. NFL teams don't care about the stats as they look at them and it helps but at the end of the day if a player doesn't have NFL potential in their eyes they won't draft them. I remember guys like Germaine Race and a few others from the small schools who they passed on, despite many people thinking they would get drafted.

Like you said, Brown just needs a chance. Very smart kid and is a winner. Hopefully he gets drafted but just know that feel he goes late and if he went undrafted I would not be totally shocked.

smallcollegefbfan
February 23rd, 2009, 10:58 AM
Lawrence Sidbury ran a 4.53 unofficial 40 time. If he holds up with an official 4.60 or faster he will definitely go in the 2nd or 3rd round in my opinion. 4.5s for a DE is insanely fast.

smallcollegefbfan
February 23rd, 2009, 12:19 PM
Anyone see Lawrence Sidbury's workout? Very athletic and a 4.5 40. He is moving up. I would say 2nd round or early 3rd round as of now. Most teams had him as a 4.7 guy and he was a 4th rounder entering the combine. .2 on the 40 gets you another round or better.

malibudude
February 23rd, 2009, 12:54 PM
4.57 is Barden's official time.

JohnStOnge
February 23rd, 2009, 07:30 PM
Anyone see Lawrence Sidbury's workout? Very athletic and a 4.5 40. He is moving up. I would say 2nd round or early 3rd round as of now. Most teams had him as a 4.7 guy and he was a 4th rounder entering the combine. .2 on the 40 gets you another round or better.

Sidbury's official time ended up at 4.64; but that's still the fastest D lineman time.

smallcollegefbfan
February 23rd, 2009, 10:38 PM
He ran 4.5s on hand helds and a 4.64 electronic time. Teams usually use their own hand helds so I would say that many consider him a high 4.5 guy. Coaches are creatures of habit and they don't trust anything but their own watches. Just remember that for every run there are 35 times as each team has their own plus the two hand helds by the NFS staff and their electronic time.

smallcollegefbfan
February 24th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Lardarius Webb ran 4.36-4.40 on his 40 the first time, unofficially. The electronic time was 4.46 and the fastest among CBs. Congrats to Webb! I think it is safe to guess mid rounds for sure now.

Hood
February 24th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Yes just came here to post that :) Can't track down any video at the present and coworkers won't let me put the combine on the Telly due to them wanting to watch mardi gras on it instead.

But yes I'm sure I'll find more stuff tomorrow.

Added:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/Y2Hood/lardariuswebb.jpg