PDA

View Full Version : NHL Goal Of The Year?

UNHWildCats
February 18th, 2009, 11:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6EJ5Iwnv9w

TheValleyRaider
February 19th, 2009, 12:31 AM
ESPN's video has a piece of his postgame interview where he was asked where he ranks that goal in his mind amongst his career

Ovechkin: Eh, top ten xeekx

bluehenbillk
February 19th, 2009, 06:36 AM
Well the one they showed against Phoenix was even better.

89Hen
February 19th, 2009, 04:57 PM
The pass to himself off the boards to get into the zone was far more impressive than the actual goal IMO. xbowx

seantaylor
February 19th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Ovechkin is an absolute beast, and maybe the best athlete in pro sports right now.

bluehenbillk
February 20th, 2009, 06:57 AM
Ovechkin is an absolute beast, and maybe the best athlete in pro sports right now.

He's no Kobe

bandl
February 20th, 2009, 07:00 AM
The pass to himself off the boards to get into the zone was far more impressive than the actual goal IMO. xbowx

Agreed...that was simply amazing. xbowx

93henfan
February 20th, 2009, 07:24 AM
Props to Ovechkin, but I haven't seen anyone mention how horrible the goalkeeping was on that play. The netminder must have been as wowed by the self-pass as everyone else and stopped playing.

bandl
February 20th, 2009, 07:34 AM
Props to Ovechkin, but I haven't seen anyone mention how horrible the goalkeeping was on that play. The netminder must have been as wowed by the self-pass as everyone else and stopped playing.

True...he also got schooled in the shoot-out xreadx

I can imagine him saying to himself "Man, did he really just deflect the puck off the wall AND do a 360??? That was awesome. Whew....at least he wiped out. I can't wait to score with that zambone chick after the game. Ah man, WTF was that that just flew past my face?!?!?!