PDA

View Full Version : EWU at UNI Predictions

Screamin_Eagle174
November 23rd, 2005, 02:48 AM
Pick your favorite, and also who you actually think is going to win. Might as well restart this one, because I can't find the other one and it's going to be a tough, hard fought, great game. It was 37-35 EWU when I played it on NCAA 2006. I got cocky and went for and made a pair of 2 point conversions. ****, you wouldn't believe how many turnovers happened in that game by both teams, it was rediculous!

nmatsen
November 23rd, 2005, 07:11 AM
Pick your favorite, and also who you actually think is going to win. Might as well restart this one, because I can't find the other one and it's going to be a tough, hard fought, great game. It was 37-35 EWU when I played it on NCAA 2006. I got cocky and went for and made a pair of 2 point conversions. ****, you wouldn't believe how many turnovers happened in that game by both teams, it was rediculous!

I just think that Panthers have too balanced of an offense to lose this game,that and coupled with the in-experience (getting better though I hear) of your offensive line and the way that our D-Line is playing right now it will give us an opportunity to keep our backers at home and still put pressure on your beloved quarterback. Not what I wanted to say for a first round home game but this could be an "epic" battle in the dome on Saturday.

UNI-24
EWU-21

bluehenbillk
November 23rd, 2005, 07:21 AM
UNI wins & then gets smoked in Durham next weekend.

mlbowl
November 23rd, 2005, 07:26 AM
Might as well restart this one, because I can't find the other one

The other thread was moved to the smack board

HensRock
November 23rd, 2005, 07:56 AM
I think EWU takes this one. That sets up a game of Dynamic Duos for teh quarterfinal in Durham.

nmatsen
November 23rd, 2005, 08:27 AM
The other thread was moved to the smack board

I can't imagine why?

nmatsen
November 23rd, 2005, 08:31 AM
Not saying this to start smack, I was just thinking it this morning and though someone might be able to help.

Question: Has a 7-4 team ever won in the 1-AA playoffs?

eagle1
November 23rd, 2005, 11:42 AM
I seriously doubt that UNI's defense will hold the Eagles to 21. I mean seriously, your pass defense is not that good. I think that Meyer very well could have over 400 yds passing. Go Eagles!!!

PantherMan
November 23rd, 2005, 12:01 PM
I seriously doubt that UNI's defense will hold the Eagles to 21. I mean seriously, your pass defense is not that good. I think that Meyer very well could have over 400 yds passing. Go Eagles!!!

The only team to throw at will was ILSU, and that was a complete letdown game for the Panthers. Our defense can be described as a "bend, but does not break" sort of unit. With their backs against the wall, they have a way of forcing a big turnover or putting a QB on his back.

PantherMan
November 23rd, 2005, 12:02 PM
UNI wins & then gets smoked in Durham next weekend.

You heard it here first, the winner of UNI-EWU upsets the 1 seed next week.

Cap'n Cat
November 23rd, 2005, 12:04 PM

Meyer may be good, but he's gotta be able to hear himself think. My concern is pass rush. Seemed lacking for most of the SIU game and it also seemed like we didn't send any backers or corner until the middle of the third quarter.

UNI 31
EWU 21

Then, a whitewash of Colgate at the UNIDome in the quarters, 33-0.

:)

FargoBison
November 23rd, 2005, 12:05 PM
I think it will be a high scoring game and UNI will take it in the final minutes.

UNI-42
EWU-35

I wish this game was on tv becuase it is probably the game I would like to see most out of all the playoff match ups.

Obzerver
November 23rd, 2005, 12:05 PM

I agree with that...look out #1.

Tom W
November 23rd, 2005, 01:03 PM
The Gateway has never seen on offense like the one that is coming to town on Saturday! If Easterns scores less that 45 I would be surprised. After Saturday UNI fans will leave saying to themselves, "So thats what an NFL quarterback looks like in College!

crunifan
November 23rd, 2005, 01:13 PM
The Gateway has never seen on offense like the one that is coming to town on Saturday! If Easterns scores less that 45 I would be surprised. After Saturday UNI fans will leave saying to themselves, "So thats what an NFL quarterback looks like in College!

Kurt Warner, UNI graduate. We know damn well what one looks like.

rcny46
November 23rd, 2005, 01:21 PM

We'll see.If UNH were to go down at the hands of either UNI or EWU,I don't know if I'd call it an upset though.They're both quality teams capable of beating anyone on a given day.

Pantherpower
November 23rd, 2005, 02:14 PM

Do some research, Tom. Btw, Warner didn't start until his senior year. We have a fine tradition of QB's here and many others who went on to successful or are having successful careers in the NFL. :rolleyes:

Bronco
November 23rd, 2005, 02:19 PM
Capt'n
I was on the N Iowa site and didn't see any posts from you...thought you'd be all over it.

Montana coach is AM was asked who he thought would win and he picked N Iowa...surprised me... this after I heard him say earlier in teh year that he thought the EWU team that came into Wash Griz stadium could beat anybody in the nation. Maybe that was before they got hit by the injury bug.

Still wish I could see this game....

Tom W
November 23rd, 2005, 02:30 PM
Kurt Warner, thats a good one! He's one of my favorites and a great man as well!

PantherMan
November 23rd, 2005, 03:35 PM

If Eastern scores 45 or more points, I will proclaim them the best team to EVER play in the UNI-Dome. We've seen some good teams, and I can't recall any of them scoring 45 points in the Dome. Any UNI fans out there that can provide an example of the Panthers giving up 45 or more at home?!? Honestly, EWU should be happy to get in the end zone 2 or 3 times, let alone 6 or more... :confused:

bcrawf
November 23rd, 2005, 04:36 PM
Whichever team wins this game will be in great shape to go win in New Hampshire next week. The atmosphere will be such a downer out there though :(

To this game:
With Eric Sanders out this team is average, with him in this team might be more special than both the '92 and '96 teams that had every opportunity to head to the national title game.

The Playmaking ability of Sanders, the mental toughness of this team, and the best homefield advantage in the nation (Attendance may be up around 14,000) all equals:

UNI 42
EWU 24

And if UNI picks up this win, don't be surprised if the margin out east is bigger next week. I just have a feeling this may be the best UNI team EVER!!!

Killsback
November 23rd, 2005, 05:53 PM
SIU beat UNI 52-9 in 1983..the year they won the National Championship.

Wellington
November 23rd, 2005, 05:58 PM
EWU- 41
UNI- 27
After watching how well EWU did vs Montana (my team) and Montana State, I believe they will take this one.

crunifan
November 23rd, 2005, 06:34 PM
SIU beat UNI 52-9 in 1983..the year they won the National Championship.

And what is the point of this? That was also the last time you won in the dome, 22 years ago.

PantherMan
November 23rd, 2005, 06:36 PM
And what is the point of this? That was also the last time you won in the dome, 22 years ago.

I asked if anyone could recall UNI giving up 45 or more in the Dome. The SIU fan was just pointing out what I thought was the case, it'd been a while... ;) I don't see EWU getting anywhere near 45 on Saturday.

skinny_uncle
November 23rd, 2005, 07:52 PM
Meyer is good, but Sanders ain't too shabby. I think UNI wins in the Dome.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 23rd, 2005, 08:14 PM
...and the best homefield advantage in the nation (Attendance may be up around 14,000) all equals:

UNI 42
EWU 24

And if UNI picks up this win, don't be surprised if the margin out east is bigger next week. I just have a feeling this may be the best UNI team EVER!!!
Best homefield advantage in the nation? Hardly. Perhaps in I-AA, but then again, not even that. Here's your record in the UNI-Dome:

145-36-1
=80.11% Wins
Here's Montana's record in Washington-Grizzly Stadium:

120-17 (Including this year's loss to EWU and all playoff games
=87.59% Wins

The UNI Dome record is impressive, but definitely not the best "advantage," and just remember, UM's advantage didn't stop Erik Meyer and company.

As for UNI holding our offense to 24... I doubt it. EWU put up 24 in the first half alone before we took Meyer out vs UC-Davis, who at the time was only allowing a 16.6 point average per game.

It will be a great game, but don't think because you're undefeated in your dome this season that we're not capable of or going to come in there and earn a W. We did it vs. SIU last year whom you narrowly beat; they screwed up a 14 point lead and gave up the win.

Mountain Panther
November 23rd, 2005, 08:25 PM
Best homefield advantage in the nation? Hardly. Perhaps in I-AA, but then again, not even that. Here's your record in the UNI-Dome:

145-36-1
=80.11% Wins
Here's Montana's record in Washington-Grizzly Stadium:

120-17 (Including this year's loss to EWU and all playoff games
=87.59% Wins

The UNI Dome record is impressive, but definitely not the best "advantage," and just remember, UM's advantage didn't stop Erik Meyer and company.

As for UNI holding our offense to 24... I doubt it. EWU put up 24 in the first half alone before we took Meyer out vs UC-Davis, who at the time was only allowing a 16.6 point average per game.

It will be a great game, but don't think because you're undefeated in your dome this season that we're not capable of or going to come in there and earn a W. We did it vs. SIU last year whom you narrowly beat; they screwed up a 14 point lead and gave up the win.

Leave Montana out of this (for once). What is YOUR all-time record at home?

GrizSweeper
November 23rd, 2005, 08:31 PM
Leave Montana out of this (for once). What is YOUR all-time record at home?
EWU home record is not the point, bcrawf stated that UNI had the best homefield advantage in the nation, why would you leave Montana out of that? If EWU can win in Missoula they can win anywhere. The noise in the dome will not slow them down.

EWU 38
UNI 31

Killsback
November 23rd, 2005, 08:45 PM
If Eastern scores 45 or more points, I will proclaim them the best team to EVER play in the UNI-Dome. We've seen some good teams, and I can't recall any of them scoring 45 points in the Dome. Any UNI fans out there that can provide an example of the Panthers giving up 45 or more at home?!? Honestly, EWU should be happy to get in the end zone 2 or 3 times, let alone 6 or more... :confused:

SIU 52 UNI 9 in 1983..That was my point. Read other posts before slamming. Who cares when it was, it happened and I was simply answering his question.

Mountain Panther
November 23rd, 2005, 08:50 PM
EWU home record is not the point, bcrawf stated that UNI had the best homefield advantage in the nation, why would you leave Montana out of that? If EWU can win in Missoula they can win anywhere. The noise in the dome will not slow them down.

The fact that they beat a Montana team in Missoula (a team that is obviously a little down compared to past years) seems to creep into EVERY one of his posts. The name of this thread is EWU AT UNI PREDICTIONS.

skinny_uncle
November 23rd, 2005, 09:24 PM
SIU 52 UNI 9 in 1983..That was my point. Read other posts before slamming. Who cares when it was, it happened and I was simply answering his question.
Easy, guys.
I remember that game. The fellow who slammed you may not. In 1983 SIU had an incredible team that won a National Championship. I doubt if anyone has scored that much there since (although someone may prove me wrong as I have not researched it).
This may be one of the best matchups in the opening round if you like to watch good QBs work. When you look at passing efficiency numbers, Eric Sanders ranks second in the country and Erik Meyer ranks fifth. These guys know how to get the job done. UNI has a better running game, which could be the difference. UNI runs for about 177 yds/game, whereas EWU only runs for about 140. If UNI can control the clock with their running game, they will win. Of course, this could just turn into a shootout with these QBs, which would be a coin flip ( whoever has the ball last will win).

PantherMan
November 23rd, 2005, 09:54 PM
Easy, guys.
I remember that game. The fellow who slammed you may not. In 1983 SIU had an incredible team that won a National Championship. I doubt if anyone has scored that much there since (although someone may prove me wrong as I have not researched it).
This may be one of the best matchups in the opening round if you like to watch good QBs work. When you look at passing efficiency numbers, Eric Sanders ranks second in the country and Erik Meyer ranks fifth. These guys know how to get the job done. UNI has a better running game, which could be the difference. UNI runs for about 177 yds/game, whereas EWU only runs for about 140. If UNI can control the clock with their running game, they will win. Of course, this could just turn into a shootout with these QBs, which would be a coin flip ( whoever has the ball last will win).

I'm just about 100% sure that you are correct, and that is the most points allowed in the Dome. Teams have come to the Dome and won since, but no one has scored that many points. I have a hard time believing that we will give up 45 points as many BSC posters seem to think. Iowa scored 45 against our D, and that was at Kinnick, and at the beginning of the season when the defense looked very suspect.

Chi Panther
November 23rd, 2005, 10:28 PM
I'm just about 100% sure that you are correct, and that is the most points allowed in the Dome. Teams have come to the Dome and won since, but no one has scored that many points. I have a hard time believing that we will give up 45 points as many BSC posters seem to think. Iowa scored 45 against our D, and that was at Kinnick, and at the beginning of the season when the defense looked very suspect.

Alright....i went to the trouble of dusting off the ol'football program.....

Under Quick UNI-DOME facts.....The record for Most Opponent Points goes to Southern Illinois as they beat UNI 52 to 9 in 1983.....they year SIU was Nat Champs.....

Screamin_Eagle174
November 23rd, 2005, 10:54 PM
The fact that they beat a Montana team in Missoula (a team that is obviously a little down compared to past years) seems to creep into EVERY one of his posts. The name of this thread is EWU AT UNI PREDICTIONS.
Obviously. My point was that UNI doesn't have the best home-game advantage, and the fact that you guys have an impressive home record isn't going to impact the game like you guys think versus the 2005 EWU squad. I mentioned UM's home record because I believe they have the best home game advantage in I-AA (I could be wrong though). I'm sorry if Montana holds a lot of bests and precedents, and that EWU hasn't played all of the other top teams in the nation yet so as to compare EWUs performance against them with UNI stats. Right now, the EWU-UM game gives a great example of Eastern playing at their prime this season, so if you want to know how we'll play at the UNI dome, watch the video of how we did in Missoula.

No need to get offended dude.

kalm
November 24th, 2005, 12:00 AM
This game is probably a toss up. Home field for UNI is worth 3. Both teams give up 21 points/game defensively. EWU scores 35/game, while UNI scores 30. UNI gives up 16 less yards/game, while EWU out-gains UNI 399-477/game. All of these stats versus similar competition.

As always, turnovers play a role. Aside from that, 3rd down conversions are huge for both teams. Both defenses appear to have a bend but not break - keep the game in front of you mentality, with minimal blitzing. Meyer is phenomenal at converting 3rd and long - often times with his feet. Which ever team does the better job of getting the opposing offense off the field in these situations has a clear advantage.

For poetic justice, I say a Shelden Weddle field goal at the end wins it for EWU, 34-31.

Hoss8091
November 24th, 2005, 09:07 AM
Should be a great game. My observation has been that passing teams tend to have a hard time being consistent. A few great catches and one defensive breakdown and the next thing you know they have scored twenty one points against you. Of course the other end of the spectrum is when a few easy passes get dropped and a deflected ball gets intercepted, the running team gains the advantage.

Here are the questions for Northern Iowa:

1. Are their defensive backs solid? If UNI has one weak defensive back, it will be a long day for the UNI defense.

2. Can the UNI defensive front get a good pass rush? Defensive backs cannot cover good receivers all day.

3. Can the UNI offense maintain long time consuming drives? The best place to put an opposing offense that likes to pass is on the sidelines. This makes them think about dropping passes and making bad passes.

I think Vince Dooley at the University of Georgia once said that if you have a good defensive backfield and a good offensive line, you are probably going to have a good year.

Here are the questions for Eatern Washington University:

1. Can their defense stop the run and force UNI to pass? Running teams and teams with a balance offense do not like to be forced to pass.

2. Can EWU run the ball enough to keep UNI's defense honest? Keeping UNI defense off-balance will probably result in a track meet for EWU.

3. Will EWU score touchdowns in the red zone? When the field shrinks, passing teams have a harder time making plays. The defensive backs have less ground to defend.

Last year I watched Western Kentucky play four Gateway Conferecne games, and this year I watched two games. I believe the Gateway Conference was a better conference last year. Southern Illinois was a very good team last year, and I was surprised they got beat in the first round. They are not nearly as good this year. I have not seen Northern Iowa play this year, but they needed two overtimes to beat Western Kentucky. On the radio it sounded like a great game. After slipping by Eastern Kentucky, I did not believe Western was as good as their ranking. As the season went on my initial thoughts were unfortunately proved correct. I will be rooting for Northern Iowa since they are from the Gateway conference, but I think EWU will probably with this one.

Good luck Panthers!!!

elkmcc
November 24th, 2005, 09:26 AM

With all due respect to a good football program and some great fans why is it that I always sense this lack of respect for the Griz and the BSC coming from many UNI fans?

Just because the Griz lost to EWU and MSU doesn't necessarily mean that Montana is down from last year. Moreso it means that that BSC was more competitive than in previous years. In the BSC a win against Montana makes a successful season (see MSU's missing goal posts). Montana gets everyone's best effort week in and week out.

Eastern Washington is a damn good football team and you will find that out for yourself shortly. The Brawl, is a toss up even in the years that Montana dominates and the Bobcats struggle.

If anything I would be very respectful and wary of any team that won in Wa/Griz this year. IMO EWU is a much better team this year than they were last year when they upset #1 SIU. EWU is not coming into the UNI Dome thinking anything less than win and if you are betting against it your wallet will be a little thinner in a few days. EWU is not going to be awed by the UNI Dome. If anything EWU will be more pumped by a great atmosphere.

The BSC's second best team has beaten the Gateways' champion the last 2 years in a row. This year UNI will be playing the BSC's #1 team. Hard for this Griz fan to admit but true nonetheless. Like i said earlier, IMO UNI got the worst draw in the playoffs this year.

Finally, Montana creeps into every post in this thread and most every thread on AGS because like it or not Montana is the bench mark that all other I-AA programs compare themselves to and aspire to emulate. No chest thumping here, just fact.

kalm
November 24th, 2005, 09:32 AM
Here are the questions for Eatern Washington University:

1. Can their defense stop the run and force UNI to pass? Running teams and teams with a balance offense do not like to be forced to pass.

2. Can EWU run the ball enough to keep UNI's defense honest? Keeping UNI defense off-balance will probably result in a track meet for EWU.

3. Will EWU score touchdowns in the red zone? When the field shrinks, passing teams have a harder time making plays. The defensive backs have less ground to defend.

1. We've given up some yards rushing, especially to Cal Poly's option, and UM's Lex Hilliard and PSU's Joe Ruben - all solid running attacks. We may need to committ more men to the box which our pass defense allows us to do. Too bad Trufant might be out though, with him we have two shut down corners. One way to neutralize a potent ground game is to get up early like we did in Missoula. Could be key.

2. Yep, that's what we do, although Ryan Cole also has some break away potential. Meyer's feet will require at least one defender to stay at home, and if he breaks a couple early, the threat of Meyer running may work as effectively as play action.

3. In the Weber St. loss we moved the ball up and down the field in the 1st half, but settled for just one TD and 3 field goals. That kept Weber in the game going into half. Other than that we've been good. Sometimes I wonder if we get a little too conservative in the red zone.

Great Questions!

Pantherpower
November 24th, 2005, 10:20 AM
I'm not much into predictions anymore. As I can only ascertain what I've read about EWU and heard when I tuned into the EWU-ISU game, it didn't sound like their O-line was real strong, but a lot can change over the course of a season with the unit getting the chance to gel. EWU's D-line may be a little suspect also, but not as much as the O-line. I'm very excited to have a quality ooc opponent come to the UNI-Dome. Should be a great game! Go Panthers!!

Reed Rothchild
November 24th, 2005, 10:27 AM
Too bad Trufant might be out though, with him we have two shut down corners.

What are the chances of that?

EWURanger
November 24th, 2005, 10:56 AM
What are the chances of that?

I'd like to know his status as well. But even with Trufant out, we've got some good corners.

I'm more worried about how our D-Line is going to play than our secondary going into this game. Looks like UNI is a run oriented team, and we tend to have problems with teams that run the ball very well.

Chi Panther
November 24th, 2005, 11:44 AM
I'd like to know his status as well. But even with Trufant out, we've got some good corners.

I'm more worried about how our D-Line is going to play than our secondary going into this game. Looks like UNI is a run oriented team, and we tend to have problems with teams that run the ball very well.

Hope the CBs are quick.....Hunter and Goodwin ran on the 4X100 Nat Championships qualifying team.

Mountain Panther
November 24th, 2005, 12:52 PM
With all due respect to a good football program and some great fans why is it that I always sense this lack of respect for the Griz and the BSC coming from many UNI fans?

Just because the Griz lost to EWU and MSU doesn't necessarily mean that Montana is down from last year. Moreso it means that that BSC was more competitive than in previous years. In the BSC a win against Montana makes a successful season (see MSU's missing goal posts). Montana gets everyone's best effort week in and week out.

Eastern Washington is a damn good football team and you will find that out for yourself shortly. The Brawl, is a toss up even in the years that Montana dominates and the Bobcats struggle.

If anything I would be very respectful and wary of any team that won in Wa/Griz this year. IMO EWU is a much better team this year than they were last year when they upset #1 SIU. EWU is not coming into the UNI Dome thinking anything less than win and if you are betting against it your wallet will be a little thinner in a few days. EWU is not going to be awed by the UNI Dome. If anything EWU will be more pumped by a great atmosphere.

The BSC's second best team has beaten the Gateways' champion the last 2 years in a row. This year UNI will be playing the BSC's #1 team. Hard for this Griz fan to admit but true nonetheless. Like i said earlier, IMO UNI got the worst draw in the playoffs this year.

Finally, Montana creeps into every post in this thread and most every thread on AGS because like it or not Montana is the bench mark that all other I-AA programs compare themselves to and aspire to emulate. No chest thumping here, just fact.

OK, but the question still stands - what is EWU's all-time home record? A simple question that may never be answered with all the Montana chest-beating. :bang: :bang: :bang:

Chi Panther
November 24th, 2005, 01:05 PM
Weather conditions in Cedar Falls this weekend.....
Today
Nov 24 Partly Cloudy / Wind
23°/13° 0%
23°F

Fri
Nov 25 Snow Shower
27°/23° 40%
27°F

Sat
Nov 26 Mostly Sunny
45°/36° 0%
45°F

Weather in the DOME....DRY, AND 85 DEGREES.....90 WITH FANS IN THE STANDS.......

The best thing about this....4 of the last 5 UNI games have been at home....lots of practice in a HOT DOME!!!!

Hopefully your D-Line is in good shape.....

Chi Panther
November 24th, 2005, 01:18 PM
http://www.wcfcourier.com/articles/2005/11/24/sports/local/doc43853aa66afa1328246972.txt

Nice Article on Meyer and Kimble in the Waterloo/Cedar Falls Courier today....enjoy!

Screamin_Eagle174
November 24th, 2005, 01:30 PM
OK, but the question still stands - what is EWU's all-time home record? A simple question that may never be answered with all the Montana chest-beating. :bang: :bang: :bang:
Montana has nothing to do with our home record. And our home record has nothing to do with saturday's game- we're not playing at home, remember? All that matters is how our team is performing right now and how the panthers are performing right now. But if you must know, Eastern's home record at good ol' Woodward field is not good, at a measley 96-46 or 67% win percentage. Two days and counting, I can't wait for this one. I hope your boys are ready and your fans scream at the top of their lungs. And please don't be mad if our fans that make it over scream louder than you do and participate in your cheers and chants! ;)

Mountain Panther
November 24th, 2005, 01:38 PM
Montana has nothing to do with our home record. And our home record has nothing to do with saturday's game- we're not playing at home, remember? All that matters is how our team is performing right now and how the panthers are performing right now. But if you must know, Eastern's home record at good ol' Woodward field is not good, at a measley 96-46 or 67% win percentage. Two days and counting, I can't wait for this one. I hope your boys are ready and your fans scream at the top of their lungs. And please don't be mad if our fans that make it over scream louder than you do and participate in your cheers and chants! ;)

Ok, ok, ok...in the spirit of Thanksgiving, I'm swallowing my pride (which is like swallowing a turkey). This is game will be close...too close to call. Therefore I am not making a prediction. Good luck to both teams. Good luck SIU. And yes, good luck Montana. GO PANTHERS xprost2x

Screamin_Eagle174
November 24th, 2005, 01:56 PM
"We were hit by more injuries in one year than we had the previous three years combined," said Wulff. "That took so much out of this football team. But we had a few key guys stay healthy and keep this team going."
That's for whoever made the comment a while back (forgot where) that "you'd think EWU was the only team to catch the injury bug yada yada yada, all teams have to overcome injuries..."

I highly doubt most other teams have had to overcome as many injuries, and especially starters as EWU has. Just thought I'd point that out.

Anyways, I hope everyone has a great and safe Thanksgiving, and I'll be looking forward to Saturdays game. GO EAGLES!

CowboyUp
November 25th, 2005, 02:44 AM
Not saying this to start smack, I was just thinking it this morning and though someone might be able to help.

Question: Has a 7-4 team ever won in the 1-AA playoffs?

Actually I think UNI was 7-4 the year they upset undefeated Troy State in the first round of the playoffs a few years. Seems like they score was 35-34.

Reed Rothchild
November 25th, 2005, 06:02 AM
I highly doubt most other teams have had to overcome as many injuries, and especially starters as EWU has. Just thought I'd point that out.

We lost our quarterback for 3 games and had we not done that we would be 9-2. Plus, we also lost our starting center for the season. Our starting tailback has been injured all year but we've filled in for him nicely. Our starting DT is playing on 1 leg and sat out the NAU game to rest his knee. I just thought I'd point that out.

skinny_uncle
November 25th, 2005, 02:31 PM
Most teams deal with some injuries during the course of the season. We are always more conscious of the ones affecting our own team.

Cap'n Cat
November 25th, 2005, 03:22 PM
Most teams deal with some injuries during the course of the season. We are always more conscious of the ones affecting our own team.

True and well put, uncky!

kalm
November 25th, 2005, 04:25 PM
Yeah, I wish the Patriots and Steelers would quit bitching about injuries since everyone knows that every team has to deal with them and injuries really don't matter. :rolleyes:

I'm sure an injury had nothing to do with why you lost 2 games w/out Sanders :cool:

Pantherpower
November 25th, 2005, 04:48 PM
I'm sure an injury had nothing to do with why you lost 2 games w/out Sanders

Kind of proving the point with your post, Kalm. Injuries are part of the game. Haven't seen a lotta bitchin' on UNI's part here with Sanders being out and it affecting our record. EWU apparantly has healed up and now has the opportunity to prove what they can do full or near-full strength. Looking forward to what should be a great game tommorrow. :nod:

Mountain Panther
November 25th, 2005, 06:37 PM
Kind of proving the point with your post, Kalm. Injuries are part of the game. Haven't seen a lotta bitchin' on UNI's part here with Sanders being out and it affecting our record. EWU apparantly has healed up and now has the opportunity to prove what they can do full or near-full strength. Looking forward to what should be a great game tommorrow. :nod:

If everyone from both teams is healthy it will be an accurate measure of which team is truley better.

kalm
November 25th, 2005, 09:19 PM

I did see some questions as to how certain people (EWU, Griz, MSU fans in general) could be so cocky about a 7-4 team. Those who don't know the program we're ignorant as to why. Injuries are a reality, for some teams more than others. Not bitchin', just explainin'. Good Luck!

jonsoup
November 27th, 2005, 12:01 AM
Fargo: You were right on the target with UNI winning in the final minutes. :hurray:

DuckDuckGriz
November 27th, 2005, 01:18 AM
Fargo: You were right on the target with UNI winning in the final minutes. :hurray:
go here (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?p=110728#post110728)