PDA

View Full Version : Citadel destroys Appy 78-73 OT

ElSissy
February 12th, 2009, 08:17 PM
It was the second Citadel win over crAppy in 8 days.

proasu89
February 12th, 2009, 08:27 PM
We must be better than I thought because ya'll rushed the floor for this victory. Don't blame you though. Before last Thursday we had won 17 STRAIGHT from youxwhistlex

UNHWildCats
February 12th, 2009, 08:46 PM
5 point win in.... I assume basketball = destroys??????

appmaj
February 12th, 2009, 09:14 PM
You need to work on the definiton of "destoy"

47-21 seems more relevant to that word.

SideLine Shooter
February 12th, 2009, 09:17 PM

For The Citadel it ='s DESTROYS.xlolx

crunifan
February 12th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Destroying? You guys escaped. UNI on the other hand did destroy SIU, 81-56.

Ivytalk
February 12th, 2009, 09:47 PM

I agree UNHWC...in OT yet...new semantic combo...gotta call Cleets...xsmiley_wix

ElSissy
February 12th, 2009, 11:41 PM
I agree UNHWC...in OT yet...new semantic combo...gotta call Cleets...xsmiley_wix

It's called literary license -- or spin -- or a big fat "W".

Way to blow a 15-point lead, crAppy.

bandl
February 13th, 2009, 08:12 AM
If a game goes into overtime....then the winner did not "destroy" the loser.

I guess that's the kind of thing they teach at THE School for G.I. Joe's. :)

OL FU
February 13th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Military lexicon. The same stuff I got from citdog over Citadels 3 pointOT victory over FU in 07 football. Hell usually citdog thinks The Citadel has destroyed Furman simply by having the balls to show up for the game:pxsmiley_wix

AshevilleApp2
February 13th, 2009, 08:51 AM
[QUOTE=El Cid;1301832]It's called literary license -- or spin -- or a big fat "W".

Or simple desperation from a school with an inferior athletic program. xlolx

FCS_pwns_FBS
February 13th, 2009, 08:55 AM
It's been an unusual year in SoCon basketball...Appy losing to El Cid, GSU losing to Appy, Furple, and El Cid...Davidson actually losing a SoCon game...what a season.

citdog
February 13th, 2009, 09:21 AM
when you were the youngest team in the country last year and went 1-19 in the SoCon and this year you are 11-4 in the SoCon you will understand our exuberance.....

THE 'DOGS ARE THRUSTING!

ASUG8
February 13th, 2009, 09:38 AM
App isn't a good team, Citadel is fielding their best team in years and they beat App in Boone by 2 and it took OT in Chucktown to beat us? Methinks El Cid is not all that, but congrats on an improved team xsmiley_wix

ElSissy
February 13th, 2009, 10:22 AM
[QUOTE=El Cid;1301832]It's called literary license -- or spin -- or a big fat "W".

Or simple desperation from a school with an inferior athletic program. xlolx

How many SoCon or SoCon tournament titles has Appy won in baseball?

AshevilleApp2
February 13th, 2009, 10:33 AM
[QUOTE=AshevilleApp2;1301997]

How many SoCon or SoCon tournament titles has Appy won in baseball?

Couldn't tell you about baseball. How about overall strength of programs?

(From the Southern Conference web-site)

Southern Conference Commissioner’s & Germann Cups

The Southern Conference annually awards the Commissioner’s Cup and Germann Cup to the top men’s and women’s program in the league based on a points system. Each school receives points based on their finish during the regular season and is awarded two extra points for winning the conference tournament. In sports where there is not a regular season champion (golf, track & field, cross country), the final results at the championship determine the points for those schools.

The Commissioner’s Cup was inaugurated in 1970. Only six member institutions have won the cup, with Appalachian State holding the most with 26. Chattanooga broke Appalachian State’s streak of 13 straight when it won the 2004-05 cup. William & Mary (5), East Carolina (4), East Tennessee State (1) and Furman (1) have all won the Commissioner’s Cup.

Gee, I don't see Citadel in the mix. xnodx

ASUG8
February 13th, 2009, 10:40 AM
[QUOTE=El Cid;1302100]

Couldn't tell you about baseball. How about overall strength of programs?

(From the Southern Conference web-site)

Southern Conference Commissioner’s & Germann Cups

The Southern Conference annually awards the Commissioner’s Cup and Germann Cup to the top men’s and women’s program in the league based on a points system. Each school receives points based on their finish during the regular season and is awarded two extra points for winning the conference tournament. In sports where there is not a regular season champion (golf, track & field, cross country), the final results at the championship determine the points for those schools.

The Commissioner’s Cup was inaugurated in 1970. Only six member institutions have won the cup, with Appalachian State holding the most with 26. Chattanooga broke Appalachian State’s streak of 13 straight when it won the 2004-05 cup. William & Mary (5), East Carolina (4), East Tennessee State (1) and Furman (1) have all won the Commissioner’s Cup.

Gee, I don't see Citadel in the mix. xnodx

Cue the "we don't have women's progams" response in 5,4,3.......

AshevilleApp2
February 13th, 2009, 10:43 AM
[QUOTE=AshevilleApp2;1302108]

Cue the "we don't have women's progams" response in 5,4,3.......

I tried to spare them that. They don't have any Germann Cup's either.

ElSissy
February 13th, 2009, 10:49 AM
You know, it is quite possible to win the Commissioner's Cup without winning a championship in any sport. I'd rather see a basketball program turn around (with 4 sophs starting) or win a baseball regular season or tournament championship than get a Commissioner's Cup or Germann Cup (neither of which I had heard of until this thread).

AshevilleApp2
February 13th, 2009, 10:52 AM
You know, it is quite possible to win the Commissioner's Cup without winning a championship in any sport. I'd rather see a basketball program turn around (with 4 sophs starting) or win a baseball regular season or tournament championship than get a Commissioner's Cup or Germann Cup (neither of which I had heard of until this thread).

I'm glad for you. How about football?

ElSissy
February 13th, 2009, 11:13 AM
I'm glad for you. How about football?

Our QB can speak English.

SideLine Shooter
February 13th, 2009, 11:17 AM

I didn't know The Citadel had a QB.xnodx

AshevilleApp2
February 13th, 2009, 11:27 AM

Ours can play football. xthumbsupx

ElSissy
February 13th, 2009, 11:55 AM
AshevilleApp2, I think you have just unintentionally summed up the fundamental difference between The Citadel and Appalachian St.

appmaj
February 13th, 2009, 12:04 PM
AshevilleApp2, I think you have just unintentionally summed up the fundamental difference between The Citadel and Appalachian St.

In football.......only

The fundamental difference is that we have girls.

AshevilleApp2
February 13th, 2009, 12:16 PM

Nothing unintentional about it. You have scholars. We have scholar/athletes.

Apps03
February 13th, 2009, 12:23 PM
The old academic argument shows up again. It usually happens when somebody realizes they're outmatched. They're both great schools for what they set out to do. If one wants to learn how to play cowboys and indians, The Citadel is a fine place to go to school. If one wants to be an accountant or teacher, Appalachian State is a fine place to go to school.

ASUG8
February 13th, 2009, 12:30 PM
It's kind of the "tradition" vs. "winning tradition" argument. xrolleyesx

citdog
February 13th, 2009, 12:52 PM
In football.......only

with no teeth who curse like sailors.....can't count the amount of times last football season i had to say the following "excuse me miss would you mind not using gutter profanity we have children with us"

REAL MAIDENS

citdog
February 13th, 2009, 12:53 PM
The old academic argument shows up again. It usually happens when somebody realizes they're outmatched. They're both great schools for what they set out to do. If one wants to learn how to play cowboys and indians, The Citadel is a fine place to go to school. If one wants to be an accountant or teacher, Appalachian State is a fine place to go to school.

I'LL PUT MY DEGREE IN SECONDARY EDUCATION FROM THE CITADEL UP AGAIST ONE FROM APPY STATE TEACHERS COLLEGE FOR V@GINAS, WHITE RASTAS AND OTHER MOUNTAIN TRASH , ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.....AND TWICE ON THE SHABBAT

citdog
February 13th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Nothing unintentional about it. You have scholars. We have scholar/athletes.

HAVE YOU EVER HEARD YOUR QUARTERBACK ATTEMPT TO SPEAK THE QUEENS ENGLISH? HE MAKES CAROLINE KENNEDY SEEM LIKE JAMES KILPATRICK.

ASUG8
February 13th, 2009, 12:56 PM
HAVE YOU EVER HEARD YOUR QUARTERBACK ATTEMPT TO SPEAK THE QUEENS ENGLISH? HE MAKES CAROLINE KENNEDY SEEM LIKE JAMES KILPATRICK.

Hey, he's from your home state....xnodx

As long as the players can understand the play he's calling, I'm OK with it.

ASUG8
February 13th, 2009, 12:57 PM
with no teeth who curse like sailors.....can't count the amount of times last football season i had to say the following "excuse me miss would you mind not using gutter profanity we have children with us"

REAL MAIDENS

I'll pass that along to the Mrs., dog.....xlolx (but you are right about her use of profanity)

AshevilleApp2
February 13th, 2009, 12:58 PM

About time you showed up here!

CID1990
February 14th, 2009, 12:51 PM
In football.......only

We had a couple men with vaginas when I was there. Come to think of it, most of our gals are men with vaginas.

We do have one sistah on our cheer squad who has it going on, though.

CID1990
February 14th, 2009, 12:55 PM
We are currently on our longest conference winning streak since 1927 (I think) when we won 13 league games in a row. I am excited about these kids, especially since the whole team is still pretty much knobs and sophomores. We might well lose today against cofc on their court, but I think this team has served notice on the rest of the SoCon for the next couple years. Heck, I think the only team we haven't beaten in the SoCon so far this year is Davidson, and they have proven to be vulnerable.

Skjellyfetti
February 14th, 2009, 01:47 PM
What is basketball?

I have seen Citadel's football team play the last couple of years... and I was pretty shocked that a military school developed football players to be such pussies.

CID1990
February 14th, 2009, 05:03 PM
What is basketball?

I have seen Citadel's football team play the last couple of years... and I was pretty shocked that a military school developed football players to be such pussies.

That's called irony.... when one of AGS's biggest flapping twats calls others pussies.