PDA

View Full Version : Positional Rankings

smallcollegefbfan
February 11th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Glad to see someone ranking the UNI DL. Although I do think he will be a DT. Some draft website has him at DE and he is projected as a DT by NFL teams.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/02/nfp-prospect-position-rankings-2/

Hoyadestroya85
February 11th, 2009, 11:18 AM
well a 3-4 defensive end is for all intensive purposes a 3 technique defensive tackle with a little more edge responsibilities.

smallcollegefbfan
February 11th, 2009, 12:08 PM
well a 3-4 defensive end is for all intensive purposes a 3 technique defensive tackle with a little more edge responsibilities.

That is right but as of now he is considered a 5.20 40 guy and a 3-4 DE has to run faster than that. If he runs a 4.8-5.0 range he will then be classified as a 3-4 end. I actually project him to end up there but I won't move him until he does what is necessary in workouts or else many teams will keep him inside as a 3 tech DT or 4-3 NG because of his mammoth size.

Hoyadestroya85
February 11th, 2009, 12:29 PM
but is he fast enough to be a three technique either? i'm sure that if he has good enough hand movement etc. he may be able to make due.. don't 3-4 teams usually have a guy who's a pass rusher and a guy who's more of a run stuffer? Jarvis Green and Richard Seymour for example.

smallcollegefbfan
February 11th, 2009, 01:33 PM
but is he fast enough to be a three technique either? i'm sure that if he has good enough hand movement etc. he may be able to make due.. don't 3-4 teams usually have a guy who's a pass rusher and a guy who's more of a run stuffer? Jarvis Green and Richard Seymour for example.

They often have one who specializes in that but Everette is a very good pass rusher and a player that I suspect will be projected as a 3-4 DE because of his ability to rush the passer and clog the interior at the same time.

Hoyadestroya85
February 11th, 2009, 05:48 PM
well if he's good at both, and the size he has i hope my Giants take a serious look at him

smallcollegefbfan
February 11th, 2009, 07:09 PM
well if he's good at both, and the size he has i hope my Giants take a serious look at him

I would be shocked if about 25 teams weren't looking at him seriously. I think he could be a 4-3 DT or a 3-4 DE or DT.

already123
February 14th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Im suprised to not see Robbie Dehaze as a K/P on the list...

smallcollegefbfan
February 14th, 2009, 10:43 PM

Dehaze seems like a sure fire free agent signing so I am somewhat surprised as well.

Native
April 19th, 2009, 10:14 PM
Dehaze seems like a sure fire free agent signing so I am somewhat surprised as well.

DeHaze is being looked at as a potential free agent by the Kansas City Chiefs.

He doesn't necessarily have to replace the Chiefs' incumbent at field goals to get picked for the squad, either. With his 19 touchbacks and 67.2-yard conference average on kickoffs, Robbie would be an easy choice to replace Barth's measley 45-yard KO average for Kansas City.

Even discounting the altitude at Flagstaff's Walkup Stadium by 5-10 yards, that's still an impressive differential!

Native
April 19th, 2009, 11:09 PM

Robbie is listed #10 among placekickers by "NFL Draft Scout."

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/players.php?genpos=K&draftyear=2009&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC