View Full Version : Owens skips minicamp

polsongrizz
April 29th, 2005, 12:09 PM
Nothing most didn't expect to happen... :( :confused:

Owens skips minicamp
By ROB MAADDI, AP Sports Writer
April 29, 2005

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- T.O. is a no-show.

All-Pro wide receiver Terrell Owens skipped the Philadelphia Eagles' first minicamp practice on Friday, presumably because he wants a new contract.

Owens said several times this month he wants to renegotiate the seven-year deal he signed last March. The Eagles have refused to redo the contract worth nearly $49 million.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-eagles-owens&prov=ap&type=lgns

ISUMatt
April 29th, 2005, 12:54 PM
what a prick!!! Without Philly, hed be miserable in San Fran, play your contract out you friggin signed it!!!

Bronco
April 29th, 2005, 01:45 PM
I agree ISUMatt

Trade the ungrateful idiot.

ChickenMan
April 29th, 2005, 01:59 PM
As Philly's other "problem child" star athlete was quoted...

http://bendji.skyblog.com/pics/51399294.jpg

"practice...we talkin about practice"...

I have no doubt that TO will be back and ready to play in September... :nod:

LacesOut
April 29th, 2005, 02:54 PM
He'll be back. Corey Simon is not there either due to being franchised, and Freddie Mitchell was excused (Reid told him not to show up) and also, Villanova's own, Brian Westbrook, ain't there either.

Marcus Garvey
April 29th, 2005, 07:10 PM
I think there is one certainty about Owens: He won't be an Eagle in '06. He may or may not play for them this year, but after this year, the Birds can cut him loose without taking much of a salary cap hit. Even Duece wasn't kept after finally being a man about his contract and becomming a team player. It's pretty unlikely T.O. will show any contrition for his comments. That makes him a liability on this team no matter how good a receiver he is!

ngineer
April 29th, 2005, 09:52 PM
Hey, Terrell--Go Deeeeep!

Gil Dobie
April 30th, 2005, 07:09 AM
Green Bay has the same problem with Javon Walker. Walker just hooked up with Mike McKenzie's agent this year. I expect the same tactics as the McKenzie situation. Now we know why the Pack drafted a WR in the second round.

Ivytalk
May 2nd, 2005, 12:45 PM
And he even pulled the "gotta feed my family" line. TO, go long, turn right at Pittsburgh, and don't stop until you get to Buffalo.

eaglefan452
May 2nd, 2005, 01:17 PM
Terrell Owens is the epitome of everything that is wrong with today's pro athletes. Who the hell wants to re-negotiate after the first year of a 7-year deal? He wants to beleive that he was the "missing link" that the Eagles needed to get them over the hump and into the Super Bowl, but what he seems to forget is that they were in the same situation 3 years in a row before he got there, and he didn't even play in the NFC championship. Donovan McNabb needs to pimp slap TO a little and tell him to shape up or ship out.