PDA

View Full Version : SB Commercial Promoting Extramarital Affairs

TexasTerror
February 2nd, 2009, 09:06 PM
For those in the Houston market...the second-lowest of the major markets as far as Super Bowl viewership...

Wonder if any men (or women) got interested when they saw the advertisement and headed over to AshleyMadison.com...?

On the local advertising front, I was surprised to see that KPRC (Channel 2) accepted an advertisement for AshleyMadison.com, the Web site that helps arrange extra-marital affairs for married men and women.

AshleyMadison.com bought time last year on KILT (610 AM) and the Houston Texans radio network, but the ads were dropped after the Texans objected.

I’m not sure how much Channel 2 was paid to shill for AshleyMadison.com Maybe I should call Larry Blackerby, the station’s general manager, and find out how much money you get paid these days for 30 seconds of encouraging people to cheat on their spouse.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6241823.html

93henfan
February 3rd, 2009, 05:21 AM
I'd love to see a married couple both use the service and end up getting placed with each other. Having a camera there would be priceless.

JayJ79
February 3rd, 2009, 06:04 AM
If someone is able to be convinced into having an affair by a TV ad, they already have issues.

Superbowl ads also promote the robbing of vending machines, grevious injury via snow globe, and all kinds of other inappropriate behavior!

Terrible.

mcveyrl
February 3rd, 2009, 07:16 AM
Other Things promoted by super bowl ads:

Disrobing Women By Biting A Chip
Shrinking Policemen into Monkeys by Doing the Same
Putting a Moose Rectum in your inferior's office
Hitting a bong (no wait, that's only promoted by Michael Phelps, who was oddly absent from Super Bowl ads)
Training Helpless Monkeys to Work on your car

Others can feel free to add to this list...

93henfan
February 3rd, 2009, 07:18 AM
Other Things promoted by super bowl ads:

Disrobing Women By Biting A Chip
Shrinking Policemen into Monkeys by Doing the Same
Putting a Moose Rectum in your inferior's office
Hitting a bong (no wait, that's only promoted by Michael Phelps, who was oddly absent from Super Bowl ads)
Training Helpless Monkeys to Work on your car

Others can feel free to add to this list...

You forgot:

Making an ATM spit out money by biting a chip
Getting hit by a bus by running out of said chips

andy7171
February 3rd, 2009, 07:52 AM
Don't forget punching the glasses off a Koala bear drinking coffee with an English accent.

TexasTerror
February 3rd, 2009, 08:42 AM
Here's more on it...

Football fans are used to outrageous ads on Super Bowl Sunday, but a 30-second pitch for adultery had Monday-morning quarterbacks buzzing.

“Infidelity is a form of betrayal, and the idea of portraying betrayal as an answer to relationship problems is mind-boggling,” said family therapist Tim Louis in Houston.

He was referring to the $250,000 spot for AshleyMadison.com, an online dating service for married folk.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6243271.html

ASUG8
February 3rd, 2009, 09:04 AM
Amazing when a station manager throws his personal scruples out the window to fill a :30 spot. I can only imagine the outroar that would occur if our local affiliate ran an ad here with the proliferation of bible thumpers......xsmhx

slycat
February 3rd, 2009, 04:45 PM
Surprises me its second lowest. I watched it. Maybe it means we have more watch parties.

coover
February 4th, 2009, 10:56 PM
No one is going to mention the commercial advocating destroying private property in order to steal 99 cents packages of Doritos?