CB Don Carey Norfolk State
TE Brian Mandeville Northeastern
DE Lawrence Sidbury Jr. Richmond
QB Rhett Bomar Sam Houston State
WR Dominique Edison Stephen F. Austin
RB Javarris Williams Tennessee State
OT Cornelius Lewis Tennessee State
FB Marcus Mailei Weber State

How do these numbers compare to past years?

smallcollegefbfan
February 2nd, 2009, 11:01 AM
How do these numbers compare to past years?

It's about what I would expect in terms of numbers. Only 3 or 4 players that I thought might get one and didn't.

smallcollegefbfan
February 2nd, 2009, 11:03 AM
no app state players... :(

There are none for this year. Next year there might be two, depending on how well they run for the scouts.

Appfan_in_CAAland
February 6th, 2009, 01:39 PM
no app state players... :(

They'll all still be in Boone next season. xnodx

smallcollegefbfan
February 6th, 2009, 04:53 PM
They'll all still be in Boone next season. xnodx

Funny you guys from App ask that because there are a hand full of prospects that will be seniors and juniors next year who have a shot. QB Armanti Edwards will be looked at like Pat White has been and likely get a combine invite as a WR. CB Cortez Gilbert has good enough size and can run well. Don't be shocked to see him get looks. I know that LB Jacque Roman has been a guy that ASU wants the NFL to look at but he lacks the speed to be more than a tryout type player. LB DJ Smith is a good player who could get looks with a big junior year and a 4.6 or better 40 at his pro day. CoCo Hillary is an Antwan Randle El type who has a long way to go based on last year's film but will get a look with some improvement next year. Probably the best shot is S Mark LeGree who has the size, speed, and ball skills you look for. He also won't shy away from contact.

smallcollegefbfan
February 6th, 2009, 04:54 PM
OLB Lee Robinson Alcorn State
WR Ramses Barden Cal Poly
FB Marquez Branson Central Arkansas
QB Nathan Brown Central Arkansas
OT Joel Bell Furman
DT Chris Baker Hampton
CB Domonique "DJ" Johnson Jackson State
RB Rashad Jennings Liberty
WR Quinten Lawrence McNeese State
OT Kyle Link McNeese State
CB Lardarius Webb Nicholls State
CB Don Carey Norfolk State
TE Brian Mandeville Northeastern
DE Lawrence Sidbury Jr. Richmond
QB Rhett Bomar Sam Houston State
WR Dominique Edison Stephen F. Austin
RB Javarris Williams Tennessee State
OG Cornelius Lewis Tennessee State
FB Marcus Mailei Weber State

Interesting stat that I thought I would point out. The 3 teams with more than 1 player on this list were not in the playoffs this past year.

BEAR
February 6th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Interesting stat that I thought I would point out. The 3 teams with more than 1 player on this list all failed to make the playoffs this past year.

Hate to destroy your moment of glory..but only 2 teams with multiple players failed to make the playoffs...Central Arkansas wasn't eligible..therefore they didn't fail at anything. :D

JohnStOnge
February 6th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Hate to destroy your moment of glory..but only 2 teams with multiple players failed to make the playoffs...Central Arkansas wasn't eligible..therefore they didn't fail at anything. :D

That's true. Central Arkansas would've been the Southland's automatic bid had the Bears been eligible.

JohnStOnge
February 6th, 2009, 07:50 PM
The sad thing about the two McNeese guys is that both had injuries that will influence their participation. My understanding is that Link won't participate due to recovery and I'm not real certain about how well Lawrence can do after having suffered a broken ankle that put him out for the season against South Dakota State.

smallcollegefbfan
February 6th, 2009, 08:02 PM

Typo mistake. I fixed it. You know what I meant though! xthumbsupx

smallcollegefbfan
February 6th, 2009, 08:03 PM
The sad thing about the two McNeese guys is that both had injuries that will influence their participation. My understanding is that Link won't participate due to recovery and I'm not real certain about how well Lawrence can do after having suffered a broken ankle that put him out for the season against South Dakota State.

I know the goal for Lawrence was to be ready to go for the combine. FYI, both had Texas vs. the Nation invites had they been healthy and Link was still offered because it was believed he might be able to play. Hopefully they both recover quickly and are able to workout at the combine.

magman919
February 13th, 2009, 11:27 AM
No Pierre Banks from App. State?

smallcollegefbfan
February 13th, 2009, 11:31 AM
No Pierre Banks from App. State?

Not even close to getting an invite from what I heard.

This is what I got from some people I know who are in the know. Banks is a 4.78 40 guy at 5'11 205 pounds. Way too small for LB in the NFL. Now, he could play SS but his speed is not quite fast enough. He could be an excellent CFL player since the players aren't quite as fast or as big as they are in the NFL.

SideLine Shooter
February 13th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Not even close to getting an invite from what I heard.

This is what I got from some people I know who are in the know. Banks is a 4.78 40 guy at 5'11 205 pounds. Way too small for LB in the NFL. Now, he could play SS but his speed is not quite fast enough. He could be an excellent CFL player since the players aren't quite as fast or as big as they are in the NFL.

Exactly, he would be great in the CFL. He's a gamer.xnodx

Hood
February 16th, 2009, 09:53 AM
I'm getting annoyed. Ladarius Webb's name isn't coming up on the NFL.com Combine website.

magman919
February 16th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Acoording to some people who are in the know....

Pierre Banks is 5'11'' 215 And he just ran a 4.46 last week.
Three weeks prior to him gaining those 15 pounds of muscle he clocked a 4.38.

That 4.78 was clocked when he was nursing a leg injury in the off season.
Apps Pro day is 3/24/09. Wake Forest is 3/23/09.
Seeing is believing!!!

smallcollegefbfan
February 16th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Acoording to some people who are in the know....

Pierre Banks is 5'11'' 215 And he just ran a 4.46 last week.
Three weeks prior to him gaining those 15 pounds of muscle he clocked a 4.38.

That 4.78 was clocked when he was nursing a leg injury in the off season.
Apps Pro day is 3/24/09. Wake Forest is 3/23/09.
Seeing is believing!!!

Was that downhill with a 10pmh wind? :) Just messing with you. Seriously though, I have seen Banks play and that time does not translate on to the field. Even if he runs that nobody will believe it and I would be willing to bet he runs 4.65-4.70 range. I'm not putting him down because 4.6s are fast and he is a good player. That time would have teams considering him as a possible SS and definitely get him a free agent deal. I would say he is a fringe guy as of now.

smallcollegefbfan
February 16th, 2009, 12:44 PM
I'm getting annoyed. Ladarius Webb's name isn't coming up on the NFL.com Combine website.

I see his name listed. It has always been listed as well. It is also spelled Lardarius, which could be why you haven't found it.

magman919
February 16th, 2009, 01:01 PM
SmallCollegeFBFan...
Banks played in an NCAA record 62 games. He made 43 consecutive starts to end his career.
You get banged up with all that field time.

When you train with Ex-NFL wideout Terrance Mathis, and multiple gold medal winner Gail Devers good things happen.

I'm in the know and I know for a fact he is running in the 4.4's.

smallcollegefbfan
February 16th, 2009, 01:58 PM
SmallCollegeFBFan...
Banks played in an NCAA record 62 games. He made 43 consecutive starts to end his career.
You get banged up with all that field time.

When you train with Ex-NFL wideout Terrance Mathis, and multiple gold medal winner Gail Devers good things happen.

I'm in the know and I know for a fact he is running in the 4.4's.

Hopefully he does. I'm not trying to rain on your parade but I have seen several linebackers better than Banks who have not made it in the NFL who were bigger and played as fast or faster than Banks. Hopefully I'm wrong but I don't see him getting a legit NFL shot. I really think he ends up in the CFL and could have a great career up there.

already123
February 16th, 2009, 05:57 PM
what happened with Barden?
I was watching the NFL network's coverage of the senior bowl and they were saying that he wasnt living up to expectations....I believe they cited footwork and route running as an issue...

any thoughts?

smallcollegefbfan
February 16th, 2009, 05:59 PM
what happened with Barden?
I was watching the NFL network's coverage of the senior bowl and they were saying that he wasnt living up to expectations....I believe they cited footwork and route running as an issue...

any thoughts?

I think people were hoping he would also look like a 4.5 guy and they thought he looked in the 4.6 range. I still think Barden goes 3rd or 4th round.

magman919
February 17th, 2009, 08:07 AM
Hopefully he does. I'm not trying to rain on your parade but I have seen several linebackers better than Banks who have not made it in the NFL who were bigger and played as fast or faster than Banks. Hopefully I'm wrong but I don't see him getting a legit NFL shot. I really think he ends up in the CFL and could have a great career up there.

Banks will be making the transition to strong safety.
He played the Bandit position at App, which is basically SS in their system.
We shall see my friend.
I'll let you know where he'll be playing when I'm privy to that info.

Hood
February 17th, 2009, 08:28 AM
I see his name listed. It has always been listed as well. It is also spelled Lardarius, which could be why you haven't found it.

Well I was looking in the W section under 'Webb' but I will go investigate further.

All Southland conference invitees:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/Y2Hood/byconference.jpg

List of colleges (No Nicholls State):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/Y2Hood/bycollege.jpg

All Safeties:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/Y2Hood/bysafteys.jpg

And just for good measure in case they listed him as a CB:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/Y2Hood/bycorners.jpg

So, as I said, I'm not seeing him.

smallcollegefbfan
February 17th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Banks will be making the transition to strong safety.
He played the Bandit position at App, which is basically SS in their system.
We shall see my friend.
I'll let you know where he'll be playing when I'm privy to that info.

Oh at 5'11 210 he has to play SS because he is just too small for LB. I figured that. My guess off film is that he will run 4.60-4.65 for NFL teams. Hopefully he proves me wrong because I know he is extremely intelligent and a great leader.

Just curious, are you related to Banks, a friend, family member, or his agent? Nobody else here has access to Banks and knows where he is training or with who or even what his results have been. Always good to have someone who has access to that info to share it.

smallcollegefbfan
February 17th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Well I was looking in the W section under 'Webb' but I will go investigate further.

All Southland conference invitees:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/Y2Hood/byconference.jpg

List of colleges (No Nicholls State):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/Y2Hood/bycollege.jpg

All Safeties:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/Y2Hood/bysafteys.jpg

And just for good measure in case they listed him as a CB:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/Y2Hood/bycorners.jpg

So, as I said, I'm not seeing him.

What website did you get that from? I went to the NFL Combine official website and his name is there.

magman919
February 17th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Oh at 5'11 210 he has to play SS because he is just too small for LB. I figured that. My guess off film is that he will run 4.60-4.65 for NFL teams. Hopefully he proves me wrong because I know he is extremely intelligent and a great leader.

Just curious, are you related to Banks, a friend, family member, or his agent? Nobody else here has access to Banks and knows where he is training or with who or even what his results have been. Always good to have someone who has access to that info to share it.

Lets just say I'm close to him as to not sound biased. I'm not his agent.

SmallCollegeFBFan, I feel like were semi-website friends now so I guess I can leak some info.

He is in Atlanta getting ready for Apps and Wake Forest Pro day.
I won't name the agency he is signed with but it is very legit. Several BCS big name players are also signed to this agency
He trains with Terrance Mathis (Atlanta Falcons WR 1994-2001) and Gail Devers (gold medal 100 meters 1992 and 1996 olympics) M-F.

The NFL Pundits put Puts extreme amounts of stock in 40yard dash times. Never understood that. If a player can play then he can do hust that, play.
If not for his less than steller time for a scout in the summer of 08' he would have been invited to the combine. Pierre is working ridiculously hard to clock a great time. Some NFL team is going to get a steal. Count on it.

Hood
February 17th, 2009, 01:25 PM
What website did you get that from? I went to the NFL Combine official website and his name is there.

http://www.nfl.com/combine

EDIT: On a whim, I looked in Wide receivers... He's listed there which is strange. He might have had a handful of plays at wide out in 2 seasons.

smallcollegefbfan
February 17th, 2009, 11:45 PM
http://www.nfl.com/combine

EDIT: On a whim, I looked in Wide receivers... He's listed there which is strange. He might have had a handful of plays at wide out in 2 seasons.

That is just NFL.com's website. There is a website for the NIC, also known as the Scouting Combine. They have him correct on there.

smallcollegefbfan
February 17th, 2009, 11:56 PM
Lets just say I'm close to him as to not sound biased. I'm not his agent.

SmallCollegeFBFan, I feel like were semi-website friends now so I guess I can leak some info.

He is in Atlanta getting ready for Apps and Wake Forest Pro day.
I won't name the agency he is signed with but it is very legit. Several BCS big name players are also signed to this agency
He trains with Terrance Mathis (Atlanta Falcons WR 1994-2001) and Gail Devers (gold medal 100 meters 1992 and 1996 olympics) M-F.

The NFL Pundits put Puts extreme amounts of stock in 40yard dash times. Never understood that. If a player can play then he can do hust that, play.
If not for his less than steller time for a scout in the summer of 08' he would have been invited to the combine. Pierre is working ridiculously hard to clock a great time. Some NFL team is going to get a steal. Count on it.

Thanks for the update! I really wish him well. I just happen to know some people in the NFL and know that they expect him to run 4.6s at the pro day. For him to get drafted I think he also needs impressive results in a couple other drills such as the 3-cone, short shuttle, vertical, broad jump, or bench press.

What is your pro day prediction for him in size, 40, strength, and 3-cone drills? Also, curious to see if you think he gets drafted or not and if so, which round you predict?

Hood
February 18th, 2009, 05:58 AM
That is just NFL.com's website. There is a website for the NIC, also known as the Scouting Combine. They have him correct on there.

Well glad we got that all straightened out xsmiley_wix

magman919
February 18th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Thanks for the update! I really wish him well. I just happen to know some people in the NFL and know that they expect him to run 4.6s at the pro day. For him to get drafted I think he also needs impressive results in a couple other drills such as the 3-cone, short shuttle, vertical, broad jump, or bench press.

What is your pro day prediction for him in size, 40, strength, and 3-cone drills? Also, curious to see if you think he gets drafted or not and if so, which round you predict?

I anticipate him turning heads.
I'll let you know SmallCollegeFBFan.
He will run for the Scouts on 3/23/09 and 3/24/09
Wake Forest and his alma mater App. State.

JohnStOnge
February 19th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Was that downhill with a 10pmh wind? :) Just messing with you. Seriously though, I have seen Banks play and that time does not translate on to the field. Even if he runs that nobody will believe it and I would be willing to bet he runs 4.65-4.70 range. I'm not putting him down because 4.6s are fast and he is a good player. That time would have teams considering him as a possible SS and definitely get him a free agent deal. I would say he is a fringe guy as of now.

I tend to agree with you. In my experience NFLDraftScout.com is usually pretty close on what players run in the combine and the 4.78 is what they have his middle. They have Banks' range of 40 times as 4.67 to 4.89. Of course he's not going to go to the combine so he's not going to get timed like they time them there. But if I had to bet I'd bet that if he's seriously timed by competent people who really want to know how fast he is he isn't going to get into the 4.5s unless, like you say, there's strong wind behind him or something.

magman919
February 20th, 2009, 09:41 AM
I tend to agree with you. In my experience NFLDraftScout.com is usually pretty close on what players run in the combine and the 4.78 is what they have his middle. They have Banks' range of 40 times as 4.67 to 4.89. Of course he's not going to go to the combine so he's not going to get timed like they time them there. But if I had to bet I'd bet that if he's seriously timed by competent people who really want to know how fast he is he isn't going to get into the 4.5s unless, like you say, there's strong wind behind him or something.

Another doubter.
He will runs in the 4.5's at least.
I have witnessed it myself in the last 2 weeks.
Come 03/23 and 03/24 you'll see what I've been talking about.

PantherRob82
February 20th, 2009, 01:50 PM

Webb is going to do big things. xnodx