Oct. 3 Elon - home
10 Open
17 Samford - home
24 @ The Citadel
31 App. State - home
Nov. 7 @ Auburn
14 @ Georgia Southern
21 Wofford - home

Paladins hit the road for most of the first part of the season. Last season's nasty road schedule helps out in 2009 as ASU, Elon, Samford, and Wofford all come to Greenville.

Looks like a fun schedule. Big season for Bobby Lamb and Co. Need to really right the ship a little bit after back to back playoff misses.

catamount man
January 26th, 2009, 08:44 PM
September 26 will be packed in Cullowhee since that will be Mountain Heritage Day at WCU as well. BIG CROWD!!! Hope most of them will stick around for the game.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

hippy@GSU
January 26th, 2009, 08:48 PM
Nov. 14th!!! Welcome to Statesboro.

PaladinFan
January 26th, 2009, 08:52 PM
Nov. 14th!!! Welcome to Statesboro.

Will appreciate returning the favor after that choke-fest of a game we played last year.

SoCon is going to be nasty hard this year. The schedule helps us out a little bit though. If we consider that App is returning the farm and Wofford will be running a close second, then it may be a drag out between Samford, Elon, Furman, and GSU for a possible third playoff bid. I'm also not writing off Western. They gave us a tussle last year.

hippy@GSU
January 26th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Will appreciate returning the favor after that choke-fest of a game we played last year.

SoCon is going to be nasty hard this year. The schedule helps us out a little bit though. If we consider that App is returning the farm and Wofford will be running a close second, then it may be a drag out between Samford, Elon, Furman, and GSU for a possible third playoff bid. I'm also not writing off Western. They gave us a tussle last year.

That game was my first SoCon away game. I enjoyed the ride and being able to see Furman's beautiful campus. I carried a jug of Beautiful Eagle Creek Water to the stadium only to be told to pour it out. The poor fellow didnt understand that the power of Eagle Creek Water is in the action of pouring it out... needless to say he spelled doom for the Furman football team that day.

The SoCon will be another crazy one. Heres to a good year for GSU and FU (only if GSU>FU). GO EAGLES!! GATA!!

FightinBlue
January 26th, 2009, 09:46 PM
I will be there on the 9/19. Looking forward to a great game!!

PaladinFan
January 26th, 2009, 09:47 PM
That game was my first SoCon away game. I enjoyed the ride and being able to see Furman's beautiful campus. I carried a jug of Beautiful Eagle Creek Water to the stadium only to be told to pour it out. The poor fellow didnt understand that the power of Eagle Creek Water is in the action of pouring it out... needless to say he spelled doom for the Furman football team that day.

The SoCon will be another crazy one. Heres to a good year for GSU and FU (only if GSU>FU). GO EAGLES!! GATA!!

Glad you enjoyed the visit. Was a nice place to spend four years.

MplsBison
January 26th, 2009, 10:05 PM
September 26 will be packed in Cullowhee since that will be Mountain Heritage Day at WCU as well. BIG CROWD!!! Hope most of them will stick around for the game.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Mountain Heritage?

What are you related to a piece of granite?

T-Dog
January 27th, 2009, 01:37 AM
UTC on 9/12? That's a very early conference game. Heck, App didn't have their's this past year until the first week of October.

Although that's probably the easiest game on the schedule so it might as well be in September. xnodx

catamount man
January 27th, 2009, 06:24 AM
Mountain Heritage?

What are you related to a piece of granite?

http://www.wcu.edu/mhd/ Enjoy!

Ud1Hens
January 27th, 2009, 07:22 AM
Enjoy the trip up to Delaware this year. Looks like we'll have a QB who can complete a pass or two...BTW it's ridiculous to have 3 roads games in a row like that.

ASUG8
January 27th, 2009, 07:27 AM
Maybe I'll make the ASU/FU game in Greenville this year. Two years ago my wife and I were on our way, traffic was stopped on 85 North of Charlotte, and traffic stopped. The guy behind me didn't, smashing us into the car in front of us. I had to ride a tow truck back to Greensboro (where I was living then) with two tickets to the Furman game in my wallet and my car (with $7K in damage) in tow. Too bad I couldn't get his insurance to take care of that "damage" also.

Now I'm only 15 minutes from campus - hopefully nothing bad will happen this year.

OL FU
January 27th, 2009, 07:47 AM
Maybe I'll make the ASU/FU game in Greenville this year. Two years ago my wife and I were on our way, traffic was stopped on 85 North of Charlotte, and traffic stopped. The guy behind me didn't, smashing us into the car in front of us. I had to ride a tow truck back to Greensboro (where I was living then) with two tickets to the Furman game in my wallet and my car (with $7K in damage) in tow. Too bad I couldn't get his insurance to take care of that "damage" also.

Now I'm only 15 minutes from campus - hopefully nothing bad will happen this year.

Hopefully you won't have a car wreck but hopefully you are sad and I am happy when we leave the gamexsmiley_wix

ASUG8
January 27th, 2009, 07:49 AM
Hopefully you won't have a car wreck but hopefully you are sad and I am happy when we leave the gamexsmiley_wix

If it goes that badly you may have to drive us home...xlolx

PaladinFan
January 27th, 2009, 08:05 AM
UTC on 9/12? That's a very early conference game. Heck, App didn't have their's this past year until the first week of October.

Although that's probably the easiest game on the schedule so it might as well be in September. xnodx

Furman opened up conference play in the second week of the season with Western for a couple of years (I vividly remember the debacle that was 2005 in Cullowhee). I kind of like it that way though, go ahead, get a conference game under your belt.

I don't necessarily like the three road games in a row, but its still better than playing Colgate, Delaware, and VT in consecutive weeks. And as usual, it will balance itself out. Hitting the road most of the first half means you get to sit in on your home field most of the second.

I'm sure the Hens will be more than happy to repay us for the game last season. For the life of me I cannot figure out how your record was so bad, y'all were a big, strong, physical football team.

MplsBison
January 27th, 2009, 08:06 AM

Couldn't get his insurance?

1) write down his licence plate number
2) call the police

How could you not possibly get it?

appfan2008
January 27th, 2009, 08:11 AM
nice schedule... to me it looks like you guys could get off to a great start bc the majority of the difficult part of your schedule will be at the end of the year...

ASUG8
January 27th, 2009, 08:11 AM

2) call the police

It's OK - it's fixed and his insurance paid for it. The "damage" he didn't pay for was the two unused Furman tickets in my wallet, and it was apparently a poor joke. He did, however, get the opportunity to fix my car, the one in front of me, and his own on his policy, probably along the lines of $15K or more with rental cars for a month, etc. Give me a little credit xsmiley_wix

OL FU
January 27th, 2009, 08:34 AM

2) call the police

Hit and run, where you can't see the license tag. don't reall know but geezxrolleyesx

OL FU
January 27th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Big year for Lamb and crew. I, unlike a lot of uffp'ers, have been supportive. But another 6-5 season would be troublexnodx

Hoseinexile07
January 27th, 2009, 09:13 AM
I have a premonition that this year's opener against Furman will be as ugly as the one in 2007. xsmhxxbawlingx

OL FU
January 27th, 2009, 09:32 AM
I have a premonition that this year's opener against Furman will be as ugly as the one in 2007. xsmhxxbawlingx

But if you are lucky, ESPN will report the wrong winner againxsmiley_wix

OL FU
January 27th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Sorry I think it was 2004 when they reported the wrong winner and that one was uglier.

appfan2008
January 27th, 2009, 09:34 AM

sorry to hear about that incident... hope all is well with you the wife and the car...

ASUG8
January 27th, 2009, 09:38 AM
sorry to hear about that incident... hope all is well with you the wife and the car...

Oh yeah, everything was fine - no injuries, except to my vehicle (and it's almost like new). The guy who hit me was nearly injured until his wife told him to shut up xlolx

Imagine this - stopped traffic as far as the eye can see, rainy day. I'm at a dead stop in a straightaway along with dozens of other cars and get smacked at 20mph. Me and the guy in front of me get out and check on everybody, and the guy who hits us says "What the hell were you guys stopped in the middle of the road for?" I nearly came unglued.

OL FU
January 27th, 2009, 10:03 AM
wrong thread but we actually won a basketball game last night:o

Hoseinexile07
January 27th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Sorry I think it was 2004 when they reported the wrong winner and that one was uglier.

I was at that game, too. xsmhx

MplsBison
January 27th, 2009, 11:30 AM
It's OK - it's fixed and his insurance paid for it. The "damage" he didn't pay for was the two unused Furman tickets in my wallet, and it was apparently a poor joke. He did, however, get the opportunity to fix my car, the one in front of me, and his own on his policy, probably along the lines of $15K or more with rental cars for a month, etc. Give me a little credit xsmiley_wix

lol, OK I see it now on 2nd read.

PaladinFan
January 27th, 2009, 11:37 AM

Who knows who'll win or the score, but at least we won't be subjected to Bobby Bentley's drivel on a blog post-game. xsmiley_wix

Hoseinexile07
January 27th, 2009, 08:00 PM
Who knows who'll win or the score, but at least we won't be subjected to Bobby Bentley's drivel on a blog post-game. xsmiley_wix

I'd like to volunteer my opinion: Furman, by a lot. And no, no Bentley blog anymore.

walliver
January 27th, 2009, 09:32 PM
Sept. 5 Presbyterian - home
12 @ UTC
19 @ Delaware
26 @ Western Carolina
Oct. 3 Elon - home
10 Open
17 Samford - home
24 @ The Citadel
31 App. State - home
Nov. 7 @ Auburn
14 @ Georgia Southern
21 Wofford - home

It's good you have a winnable game against Auburn to break up that difficult end of season schedule.

PaladinFan
January 27th, 2009, 09:35 PM
It's good you have a winnable game against Auburn to break up that difficult end of season schedule.

Truth be known, I don't think that game will be as easy as AU fans would like it to be. The Tigers get us right after Ole Miss and right before Georgia. If UT-Martin was able to go to Jordan-Hare and play them tough, I don't see why the Paladins can't. Auburn has hit a bit of a skid with new coaches, new scheme, etc.

In 2007 Furman came out slow and finished hot. In 2008 came out hot and finished slow. Maybe we can just string it all together in 2009.