PDA

View Full Version : Carpenter Named to All-Rookie Team

grizband
January 22nd, 2009, 01:00 AM
Former Montana Griz kicker Dan Carpenter was named to the Pro Football Writers All Rookie team.

Congratulations Dan!!!

http://www.billingsgazette.net/articles/2009/01/21/sports/local/20-carpenter.txt

th0m
January 22nd, 2009, 06:13 AM
Congrats indeed!

Not trying to be an a-hole or anything, but how many rookie kickers are there in the NFL this year?

BlueHen03
January 22nd, 2009, 07:10 AM
Congrats! He had a great season on one of the best team turn-arounds ever.

smallcollegefbfan
January 22nd, 2009, 07:20 AM
Congrats to Carpenter!

CopperCat
January 22nd, 2009, 08:19 PM
Congrats indeed!

Not trying to be an a-hole or anything, but how many rookie kickers are there in the NFL this year?

Not very many, and that's because there are few who are as good/consistent as Carpenter. That guy won more games for the griz than any player they have ever had. I'm almost certain he holds the record for most points by any griz player over his career.

Syntax Error
January 23rd, 2009, 12:23 AM
I remember his first college game! huzza

grizband
January 23rd, 2009, 01:01 AM
Not very many, and that's because there are few who are as good/consistent as Carpenter. That guy won more games for the griz than any player they have ever had. I'm almost certain he holds the record for most points by any griz player over his career.
Carpenter holds the career record for all FCS kickers - not sure about all players, though. I still can't believe he pulled that kick agains Wofford...

CopperCat
January 25th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Carpenter holds the career record for all FCS kickers - not sure about all players, though. I still can't believe he pulled that kick agains Wofford...

It was quite ironic how that game turned out. I felt kinda bad for the guy.

Cleets
January 25th, 2009, 11:13 PM
The dude has a leg...
I saw a replay of that missed Wofford kick - my guess is he kicked that ball about 70 yards xlolx