PDA

View Full Version : RUMORS?: Notre Dame To Fire Weis Following Player Signings

UNHWildCats
January 20th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Apparently there's rumors that Charlie Weis will be fired once his incoming recruitting class is officially signed.

Jon Gruden would be hired to take over.

Seems to me that would be a very classless move by Notre Dame to mislead recruits.

Of course this would be good news for the Patriots as they could bring back Weis to fill a major hole on their coaching staff.

Skjellyfetti
January 20th, 2009, 02:04 PM
I doubt it's true... but if it is I dislike Notre Dame more than I ever dreamed I could.

SunCoastBlueHen
January 20th, 2009, 02:10 PM
I don't know if the rumors or true or not, but I have been predicting this.

Gruden, next coach of Notre Dame. You heard it hear first. xthumbsupx

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55445

Tampa Bay ain't too enamoured with Jon Gruden these days, and I understand that the money people in South Bend wanted him instead of Weis after Willingham got the boot. I wouldn't be surprised...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54964&page=2&highlight=Weis

mcveyrl
January 20th, 2009, 02:14 PM
I heard this on the radio this morning. If you were Gruden, would you want to inherit a bunch of recruits that just got the ultimate shaft??

Besides that, you would probably still lose a lot that would try to transfer. I also think the NCAA would also give them an extra hardship year if it came to that.

ngineer
January 20th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Notre Dame lost its class in the way it screwed Willingham. I lost all respect for that institution that day and could give a damn about Notre Dame anymore. Holier than thou my azz....xmadx

CollegeSportsInfo
January 20th, 2009, 10:17 PM
Interesting. I thought Notre Dame had every right to fire TW since the team was not performing to expectations. I lost respect for Notre Dame more because of the contract to Weiss...who hasn't done a thing.

Spiderbite10
January 21st, 2009, 09:10 PM
ESPN just said that a report came from the director of football media relations at ND and John Gruden is not being hired as the New Head Football Coach...all rumors.