PDA

View Full Version : CAA Season Continues.........in the NFL

aust42
January 16th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Paul Woody
Richmond Times Dispatch
January 15, 2009

NFL coaches and personnel directors want as many outstanding players as they can find. And they have learned they can find good players and coaches in the Colonial Athletic Conference.

Sunday, seven players and five coaches who have CAA connections will be on the field and sidelines for the four teams in the AFC and NFC championship games.

JMU DJ
January 16th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Nice little blurb about Westbrook at the end of that article... xnutsx

jmufan999
January 16th, 2009, 11:03 AM
uh-oh, here come the CAA/Mickey haters! something about the CAA being overrated, Mickey is a terrible coach, something along those lines.

JMU Newbill
January 16th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Great to see the CAA representing so well! I'll be rooting for the Eagles and Akeem Jordan to win it all. Not because of you JMU DJ... just for Akeem.

CatMom07
January 16th, 2009, 04:48 PM
And don't forget the Great West... Gocong from Cal Poly
And the SLC....Bryan Smith from McNeese
And Joe Mays - NDSU

I know the article is about the CAA, but I would like to see us praise the other FCS talent also.

I'm a big Westbrook fan, so don't take this as any form of bash on the CAA. If more teams would take more time to check out the FCS I think they would find more "gems"

RadMann
January 17th, 2009, 04:51 AM
Paul Woody
Richmond Times Dispatch
January 15, 2009

NFL coaches and personnel directors want as many outstanding players as they can find. And they have learned they can find good players and coaches in the Colonial Athletic Conference.

Sunday, seven players and five coaches who have CAA connections will be on the field and sidelines for the four teams in the AFC and NFC championship games.

link to article?

YoUDeeMan
January 17th, 2009, 11:30 AM
link to article?

Looks as though the post was edited by the Mod Squad. Perhaps it was a Penthouse NFL article? xlolx

blukeys
January 17th, 2009, 09:02 PM
link to article?

Richmond Times Dispatch is easy to find and easy to navigate.

spdram
January 18th, 2009, 02:42 PM
http://www.timesdispatch.com/rtd/sports/college/college_football/article/CAFB15_20090114-222930/178605/

Here's the link, remember this is written by a guy that normally writes about CAA teams.

Old Cat Fan
January 18th, 2009, 03:05 PM
With. Westbrook,Warner Flacco etc... all having giant roles in the Championships can these scouts, espn gurus sportcasters finally put to rest the G damm comment " well he played against lesser competition in college that being the FCS so we don't know if he will be able to play on sundays. I can't stand it when that comment is always used around draft time. enough already..

aust42
January 19th, 2009, 01:56 PM
link to article?

I just cut-n-pasted the entire article. For some reason the Mods cut it?

JohnStOnge
January 19th, 2009, 03:43 PM
I just cut-n-pasted the entire article. For some reason the Mods cut it?

I think they cut it because it's a "no no" to just post the whole article or a substantial portion of it. The thing to do is paste in a link to the article then quote one of the more interesting paragraphs or so out of it. I think that if you post the whole thing or too much of the whole thing it's a copyright infringement.