PDA

View Full Version : Texas vs. the Nation Rosters

smallcollegefbfan
January 13th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Over 40 players in the game are going to the combine. Lots of FCS talent such as Webb, Schantz, Robinson, Matthews, Edison, Middleton, Bell, Anderson, etc.

http://texasvsthenation.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/2009-rosters.html

Thumper250
January 13th, 2009, 02:33 PM
That is a good group of talent. Did D. Collins get an invite to the combine? What are his prospects right now. I had heard 5th-6th round back a month or so ago.

danefan
January 13th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Watch Jason Boluts on the Nation Team.

QB from Hartwick (DIII). He transferred out of Albany. He's big, fast and has a cannon. And he's a good kid.

Franks Tanks
January 13th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Why is Jordan Norwood on the Texas team??? He went to Penn State and is from State College PA (his dad was a Penn State coach). Can you get on team Texas if you once had a layover at the Houston airport???

TexasTerror
January 13th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Why is Jordan Norwood on the Texas team??? He went to Penn State and is from State College PA (his dad was a Penn State coach). Can you get on team Texas if you once had a layover at the Houston airport???

This is nothing new. Seems they fill some of the Team Texas spots with individuals from outside of Texas if they can not find an appropriately rated player from Texas.

smallcollegefbfan
January 13th, 2009, 10:18 PM
That is a good group of talent. Did D. Collins get an invite to the combine? What are his prospects right now. I had heard 5th-6th round back a month or so ago.

I think a lot depends on what he does at Texas. Collins did not receive a combine invite as of yet. There are a lot of people impressed with the fact they have 43 combine invites attending the game.

smallcollegefbfan
January 13th, 2009, 10:19 PM
Watch Jason Boluts on the Nation Team.

QB from Hartwick (DIII). He transferred out of Albany. He's big, fast and has a cannon. And he's a good kid.

Jason Boltus is a heck of a player. He is attending the NFL Combine, which shows how good he truly is to come from a D3 program and beat the odds. He is a great story and as you said, a good person.

Franks Tanks
January 14th, 2009, 06:53 AM
This is nothing new. Seems they fill some of the Team Texas spots with individuals from outside of Texas if they can not find an appropriately rated player from Texas.

Then they need to change the name of this farce of a game.xlolx I liked the old Blue -Gray game with the North-South rivalry. That one should come back.

danefan
January 14th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Jason Boltus is a heck of a player. He is attending the NFL Combine, which shows how good he truly is to come from a D3 program and beat the odds. He is a great story and as you said, a good person.

Last I saw they had him listed at 6'3", 225lbs with 4.5 speed. That will look great at the combine.

The one thing that will hurt his draft status is his mechanics. Something that is very hard to break a QB from is mechanics. He has a very long windup and he drops his arm way too low when he throws. He's always done this. Its fine in DIII and even in FCS to throw that way, but when you're throwing a 18 yard comeback in the NFL, you have to have the quickest possible release. He'll need to work on that before the combine and his pro-days.

Purple Pride
January 14th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Then they need to change the name of this farce of a game.xlolx I liked the old Blue -Gray game with the North-South rivalry. That one should come back.
North/South is the Senior Bowl.

http://www.seniorbowl.com/index.asp

smallcollegefbfan
January 21st, 2009, 09:53 PM
http://texasvsthenation.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/2009-rosters.html

Several FCS players will be in the game such as Cornelius Lewis, Jovan Belcher, Lardarius Webb, Dominique Edison, Will Middleton, Joel Bell, etc.