PDA

View Full Version : Get Your Joe Flacco Merchandise - While It Lasts

SunCoastBlueHen
January 13th, 2009, 07:25 AM
Maybe Joe will be able to afford a car now. :)

Flacco, others cashing in as Ravens keep Super Bowl dreams alive

Those who made the early bet on Flacco’s success are now reaping the rewards. Craig Pfeifer, owner of Maryland Screen Printers Inc., contracted with AMG in the fall to purchase the rights to Flacco’s name for his printing business. By early December his company was printing “I [heart] Joe” and “Joe Cool” T-shirts, the Flacco No. 5 sweatshirt and similar items, before Baltimore had clinched its playoff berth.

While Pfeifer said he did make a considerable investment in the licensing fee — the details of the agreement are private — the gamble has more than paid off.

“Sales have been great,” he said, estimating he’s sold well over 10,000 shirts and sweatshirts, which retail for between $15 and $35. “The shirts are flying off the shelves as fast as I can print them.”

According to the licensing agreement, Flacco receives a percentage of every T-shirt Pfeifer sells to his approximately 25 distributors in the area.

Katz said the level of demand for Flacco apparel had reached an incredible level that impressed even him. AMG represents 42 other players in the NFL — he declined to release any names besides Smith and Lewis — and Katz said none of their other clients have created this much consumer demand in the company’s four years of existence.

“We’re astonished by the public consumption of Joe Flacco-related merchandise,” he said. “No other rookies to date have generated that kind of adoration.”

“He’s a week away from being Elvis,” said Joe Linta, Flacco’s agent and president of Connecticut-based JL Sports.

Pfeifer, who has been in the business for more than 20 years, said this is the biggest demand for any one player that he can recall.

http://www.mddailyrecord.com/article.cfm?id=10489&type=UTTM

813Jag
January 13th, 2009, 08:44 AM
Maybe Joe will be able to afford a car now. :)

Flacco, others cashing in as Ravens keep Super Bowl dreams alive

http://www.mddailyrecord.com/article.cfm?id=10489&type=UTTM
I want a shirt to wear around town if the Ravens make the Super Bowl. xlolx

Support the FCS!

Blue Hen 53
January 13th, 2009, 10:31 AM
I was in a mall in Baltimore a few days after Christmas with my son looking for what else but a Joe Flacco jersey, there was Flacco "stuff" every where! He is a rock star in MD!

Go Joe!!