PDA

View Full Version : Missouri/Northwestern

JohnStOnge
December 29th, 2008, 10:47 PM
In overtime now. I hope Northwestern wins. They're the big underdog and they've physically outplayed Missouri; which ended regulation with 286 total yards. Huge play happened just before half when Northwestern's punter was supposed to punt it out of bounds but didn't and Missouri got a TD punt return.

It'd be a shame to see the underdog lose this game given the way Northwestern's played.

UNHWildCats
December 29th, 2008, 10:51 PM
What is it with these teams becoming very respectable after UNH players.....errrr beats them?

First Rutgers, now Northwestern.... Marshall next and then I guess it will be Army's turn....

Maybe UNH should use this to entice teams into a game...

"Give us $400,000, we'll come to your house, beat u azz and then a couple years later you will be a decent team"

lol

UNHWildCats
December 29th, 2008, 10:59 PM
oh well

UNHWildCats
December 29th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Missouri wins 30-23

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 29th, 2008, 11:44 PM
I'm not sure what Northwestern has coming back next year but if it's anything decent they could be a top 15 team. No one gave them a chance against Missouri yet they stould toe-to-toe with them for 60 minutes. I was really impressed with their defense. They made big plays all game. They got hammered against the the best teams they played but with a little more experience there's surprising talent. I was impressed.

JohnStOnge
December 30th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Really a shame. They haven't won a bowl game since like when dinosaurs roamed the earth and they really played well last night. Really too bad the punter didn't punt the ball out of bounds before halftime like the coach told him to. That not only tied the game but really changed the momentum. I don't the punter meant to do what he did but it still really hurt. The kicker missing an extra point was pretty unfortunate as well.

JohnStOnge
December 30th, 2008, 08:29 AM
Also unfortunate for the Big 10 in that it'll contribute to the "Big 10 is weak" talk even though Northwestern physically outplayed Missouri. They held one of those vaunted Big 12 offenses to 17 points and 286 total yards during regulation. But all most people are going to see is the final score.