OG Cornelius Lewis Tennessee Stae Senior
RB Javarris Williams Tennessee State Texas vs. Nation
C Cecil Newton Tennessee State Shrine
DT John Faletoese UC Davis Shrine
OLB Jason Williams Western Illinois Shrine

Corrected! LOL xlolx

CatMom07
December 26th, 2008, 01:25 AM
Interesting that TXSt had 4 guys on first team all SLC and can't get a one invited to any of these games.
I know I'm partial and I have read the speed issue with Luke but come on... Luke led the nation (FCS) for a great deal of the season and ended up 6th, this Edison was 19th?

And I agree with my fellow Bobcat Fan on here. He's faster than what they have listed him and he does get separation. Plus the guy has intangibles you can not teach.

smallcollegefbfan
December 26th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Corrected! LOL xlolx

He is only attending the Senior Bowl, according to someone I know close to him.

smallcollegefbfan
December 26th, 2008, 09:30 AM
WIU LB Jason Williams has a Shrine invite.

TexasTerror
December 27th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Bomar's got two dates...

Officially from GoBearkats.com...

Sam Houston State senior quarterback Rhett Bomar has accepted an invitation to play in the Under Armour Senior Bowl January 24, 2009 at Ladd-Peebles Stadium in Mobile, AL.

The contest will be the second of two college all-star games in which the Bearkats' all-time total offense and passing leader will appear in January. Bomar earlier accepted an invitation to appear in the East-West Shrine All-Star Game on January 17, 2009, in Houston, Texas.

http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=19900&ATCLID=3637657

smallcollegefbfan
December 27th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Bomar's got two dates...

Officially from GoBearkats.com...

http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=19900&ATCLID=3637657

Bomar is only going to the Senior Bowl, though.

TexasTerror
December 27th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Bomar is only going to the Senior Bowl, though.

You are right. Apparently, GoBearkats.com is not.

http://www.shrinegame.com/rosters/84th_West_Alphabetical_Roster.pdf

smallcollegefbfan
December 27th, 2008, 05:44 PM
You are right. Apparently, GoBearkats.com is not.

http://www.shrinegame.com/rosters/84th_West_Alphabetical_Roster.pdf

He did accept an invite to the Shrine but got the SB invite later on so he took it and declined the Shrine invite.

TexasTerror
December 27th, 2008, 05:45 PM
He did accept an invite to the Shrine but got the SB invite later on so he took it and declined the Shrine invite.

Makes sense. I am confused why the GoBearkats.com release includes a quote from Bomar re: both bowl games. xconfusedx

smallcollegefbfan
December 27th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Makes sense. I am confused why the GoBearkats.com release includes a quote from Bomar re: both bowl games. xconfusedx

Because he did accept invites to both. They just haven't done a release to say he pulled out of the Shrine.

BEAR
December 27th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Because he did accept invites to both. They just haven't done a release to say he pulled out of the Shrine.

Same issue with Nathan Brown. xthumbsupx

Lionsrking
January 1st, 2009, 05:37 AM
Interesting that TXSt had 4 guys on first team all SLC and can't get a one invited to any of these games.
I know I'm partial and I have read the speed issue with Luke but come on... Luke led the nation (FCS) for a great deal of the season and ended up 6th, this Edison was 19th?

And I agree with my fellow Bobcat Fan on here. He's faster than what they have listed him and he does get separation. Plus the guy has intangibles you can not teach.

For my money, Cameron Luke was the best player in the SLC this year, and I think he can play on Sunday; but in terms of what NFL teams are looking for - and choosing guys for an All-Star game - I can see why they invited Dominique Edison over him...would be nice if both could go though.

smallcollegefbfan
January 2nd, 2009, 12:55 PM
Here is an updated list of players I could find online.

Pos. First Last School Game
ILB Lee Robinson Alcorn State Texas vs. Nation
WR Ramses Barden Cal Poly Senior
TE/FB Marquez Branson Central Arkansas Texas vs. Nation
QB Nathan Brown Central Arkansas Senior
OT/OG Nick Hennessey Colgate Texas vs. Nation
CB Domonique Johnson Jackson State Senior
RB Rashad Jennings Liberty Senior
FS Lardarius Webb Nicholls State Texas vs. Nation
TE Brian Mandeville Northeastern Shrine
OG Tim Henderson NW State Texas vs. Nation
ILB Andy Schantz Portland State Texas vs. Nation
DE Lawrence Sidbury Richmond Texas vs. Nation
QB Rhett Bomar Sam Houston State Senior
WR Dominique Edison Stephen F. Austin Texas vs. Nation
C Cecil Newton Tennessee State Shrine
RB Javarris Williams Tennessee State Texas vs. Nation
DT John Faletoese UC Davis Shrine
OLB Jason Williams Western Illinois Shrine

KleinTx05
January 3rd, 2009, 03:43 AM
For my money, Cameron Luke was the best player in the SLC this year, and I think he can play on Sunday; but in terms of what NFL teams are looking for - and choosing guys for an All-Star game - I can see why they invited Dominique Edison over him...would be nice if both could go though.

*Cameron Luke
TxSt
13 games*
73 catchs
1268 total yds
97.5 yds/game
17.4 yd/catch
70 longest TD
17 TD's

Awards:
All SLC WR RECORDS
All American 3rd team
CSN top 50 FAB
6th ranked FCS WR
no invites

Dominique Edison
SFA
12 games*
67 catchs
1016 total yds
84.7 yds/game
15.2 yds/catch
76 longest TD
18 TD's

Awards:
Invited to Tx Vs Nations All Star Game

Now even tho CL avgerage over 100 yds/game for most of the season, has defended the #1 WR slot for 2 straight yrs, broken nearly every WR record known to the SLC, is on a BALANCED offense (not a PASS EVERY DOWN cause we can't run offense), got shafted the last 4 games because the TX ST coachs wouldn't throw him the ball BUT STILL had almost had 300 total yds at the end of the season ... can someone please explain to me why does DE get invited to a bowl game and possibly a combine and CL gets overlooked? I know DE is a lil faster than CL but its not by much. Speed is the ONLY arguement anyone can have but STILL how can CL Be overlooked ...? Don't get me wrong DE is a very nice talent, im not knocking his season cause he does deserve to be there also ... but at the end of the Year when its all said and done, CL Finish 6th out of ALL FCS WR's ...IMO he deserves more attention Vs none. Please enlighten me ...

TexasTerror
January 3rd, 2009, 06:48 AM
Guessing this means Edison was ranked higher than Luke as far as the rating system that the Texas vs the Nation folks use. I've told you Bobcat fans, that the rule of thumb for that all-star game is they start with the top 15 heading into the NFL draft at each position before working their way down.

CL must not be thought of too highly as far as an NFL prospect if he continues to get "snubbed".

smallcollegefbfan
January 3rd, 2009, 11:14 AM
*Cameron Luke
TxSt
13 games*
73 catchs
1268 total yds
97.5 yds/game
17.4 yd/catch
70 longest TD
17 TD's

Awards:
All SLC WR RECORDS
All American 3rd team
CSN top 50 FAB
6th ranked FCS WR
no invites

Dominique Edison
SFA
12 games*
67 catchs
1016 total yds
84.7 yds/game
15.2 yds/catch
76 longest TD
18 TD's

Awards:
Invited to Tx Vs Nations All Star Game

Now even tho CL avgerage over 100 yds/game for most of the season, has defended the #1 WR slot for 2 straight yrs, broken nearly every WR record known to the SLC, is on a BALANCED offense (not a PASS EVERY DOWN cause we can't run offense), got shafted the last 4 games because the TX ST coachs wouldn't throw him the ball BUT STILL had almost had 300 total yds at the end of the season ... can someone please explain to me why does DE get invited to a bowl game and possibly a combine and CL gets overlooked? I know DE is a lil faster than CL but its not by much. Speed is the ONLY arguement anyone can have but STILL how can CL Be overlooked ...? Don't get me wrong DE is a very nice talent, im not knocking his season cause he does deserve to be there also ... but at the end of the Year when its all said and done, CL Finish 6th out of ALL FCS WR's ...IMO he deserves more attention Vs none. Please enlighten me ...

The NFL is known as the fastest league so I am sure you would agree that speed has to be a major factor. However, you are forgetting some awards that Edison has won this year. Edison ran a LOT faster for scouts than Edison as well. Here are the measurables and some awards you missed when you posted.

Dominique Edison- 6'2 1/4, 190, 4.40 40
Cameron Luke- 6'0 5/8, 207, 4.75 40

.35 is not just a little faster but a lot faster. I do think Luke is more of a 4.65 type when you watch him but that is not what people have on Luke.

While he does not have the stats that Luke has he has better measurables and the NFL teams seem to have him rated higher. People on here fall in love with nfldraftscout rankings and they even have Edison much higher.

Only time will tell who the better player is when they get into NFL camps but you have to remember that stats mean nothing when it comes to the NFL. If that were the case then every 1st team All-American would be selected and we all know that is not the case.

Do you think a 6'0 260 pound center who earns 1st team AA honors is big enough to last in the NFL? Not likely so why should a receiver who has slightly better stats be automatically considered over a player much faster and bigger than him?

KleinTx05
January 3rd, 2009, 04:23 PM
The NFL is known as the fastest league so I am sure you would agree that speed has to be a major factor. However, you are forgetting some awards that Edison has won this year. Edison ran a LOT faster for scouts than Edison as well. Here are the measurables and some awards you missed when you posted.

Dominique Edison- 6'2 1/4, 190, 4.40 40
Cameron Luke- 6'0 5/8, 207, 4.75 40

.35 is not just a little faster but a lot faster. I do think Luke is more of a 4.65 type when you watch him but that is not what people have on Luke.

While he does not have the stats that Luke has he has better measurables and the NFL teams seem to have him rated higher. People on here fall in love with nfldraftscout rankings and they even have Edison much higher.

Only time will tell who the better player is when they get into NFL camps but you have to remember that stats mean nothing when it comes to the NFL. If that were the case then every 1st team All-American would be selected and we all know that is not the case.

Do you think a 6'0 260 pound center who earns 1st team AA honors is big enough to last in the NFL? Not likely so why should a receiver who has slightly better stats be automatically considered over a player much faster and bigger than him?

Its unfortunate for Luke because he's not 6'0 & doesn't run a 4.75 nor a 4.65 ... its incredible how every stat that NFL draft scout has is incorrect. Im 6'0 1/2 and i know he has me about 2 inch's . I run a 4.6 40 and have never beaten him in a foot race since i was a sophmore and he was a freshman. We went to the same high school and it seems as if those stats listed were his stats comming out of high school. Luke now is a legit 6'2 215lbs with a 4.58 speed. I heard as we speak he is working with a guy to improve his starts. I think after this session, if given an opportunity, LOTS of people will b amazed and would realize that he was never a 4.78 nor a 4.68 to begin with. Don't get me wrong in the conversation, i think Edison is a heck of a ball player, im just trying to get Luke some recognition.

smallcollegefbfan
January 3rd, 2009, 04:35 PM
Its unfortunate for Luke because he's not 6'0 & doesn't run a 4.75 nor a 4.65 ... its incredible how every stat that NFL draft scout has is incorrect. Im 6'0 1/2 and i know he has me about 2 inch's . I run a 4.6 40 and have never beaten him in a foot race since i was a sophmore and he was a freshman. We went to the same high school and it seems as if those stats listed were his stats comming out of high school. Luke now is a legit 6'2 215lbs with a 4.58 speed. I heard as we speak he is working with a guy to improve his starts. I think after this session, if given an opportunity, LOTS of people will b amazed and would realize that he was never a 4.78 nor a 4.68 to begin with. Don't get me wrong in the conversation, i think Edison is a heck of a ball player, im just trying to get Luke some recognition.

I can confirm that the measurement I put is what he is and not just an estimate. Most people aren't as tall as they think because they measure themselves with shoes on and don't stand how the NFL people make these players do when they measure them.

The only way he will get more recognition is by measuring and running what you just said when the NFL scouts measure and time him at the pro day.

KleinTx05
January 3rd, 2009, 04:56 PM
Guessing this means Edison was ranked higher than Luke as far as the rating system that the Texas vs the Nation folks use. I've told you Bobcat fans, that the rule of thumb for that all-star game is they start with the top 15 heading into the NFL draft at each position before working their way down.

CL must not be thought of too highly as far as an NFL prospect if he continues to get "snubbed".

Yeah Yeah TT ...We all know Rhett Bomar is goin off his name... My bad, his former name as OU's QB. Quite frankly i wasn't too impressed with him while at Sam ... Throws way too many picks to be a "former" FBS player. He shouldn't make as many mistakes as he does ..Especially having a 28-0 lead and blowing it ... Not a good feild general & his game should be more polished than it is. If he never got his Year in at OU ... trust me he would be "snubbed" as well as he should be. He's not what he's cracked up to be at all ...but he gets looks. Im dying to see how he will preform when he has top defensive prospects in his passing lanes and not the bottom ranked TxSt defense that he couldn't quite figure out. I know it was poor coaching but coachs don't play the game. Its just ludicrous ...thanks for ur input tho. Im just trying to get a better understanding of how things work in order to help my buddy.

KleinTx05
January 3rd, 2009, 05:01 PM
I can confirm that the measurement I put is what he is and not just an estimate. Most people aren't as tall as they think because they measure themselves with shoes on and don't stand how the NFL people make these players do when they measure them.

The only way he will get more recognition is by measuring and running what you just said when the NFL scouts measure and time him at the pro day.

well i guess all i can do is wait and see. Hey mallCollegeFBFan thanks for all the helpful info ... & TT i give u ALOT of crap but you are very informative also ... Thanks you guys!!

smallcollegefbfan
January 3rd, 2009, 05:50 PM
well i guess all i can do is wait and see. Hey mallCollegeFBFan thanks for all the helpful info ... & TT i give u ALOT of crap but you are very informative also ... Thanks you guys!!

No problem. It is good people ask those questions. It is a good way to find answers. xthumbsupx

smallcollegefbfan
January 4th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Add Tennessee State RB Javarris Williams to the Shrine roster.

CatMom07
January 4th, 2009, 07:06 PM
So just for the hell of it, check my sig pic. I'm 5'3" and Cam is leaning to his left. You tell me if he straightened up he wouldn't be more than 9 inches taller than me? From the base of my neck to the top of my head is 8 1/2 inches alone. His has to be more. Even accounting for cleats he has to be over 6 ft even. I came to just above his arm pit, which I thought I was going to be tucked under when this was being set up.
My daughter is 5'6" and has sunglasses on top of her head. So, in actuality, she came to the top of his shoulder. Unless his head (from neck at shoulders to top) is only 6" (would be weird to see wouldn't it?) he has to be above that listed 6ft.

smallcollegefbfan
January 4th, 2009, 07:28 PM
So just for the hell of it, check my sig pic. I'm 5'3" and Cam is leaning to his left. You tell me if he straightened up he wouldn't be more than 9 inches taller than me? From the base of my neck to the top of my head is 8 1/2 inches alone. His has to be more. Even accounting for cleats he has to be over 6 ft even. I came to just above his arm pit, which I thought I was going to be tucked under when this was being set up.
My daughter is 5'6" and has sunglasses on top of her head. So, in actuality, she came to the top of his shoulder. Unless his head (from neck at shoulders to top) is only 6" (would be weird to see wouldn't it?) he has to be above that listed 6ft.

All I am saying is that he is 6'1 by NFL standards. 6'0 5/8 is rounded up to 6'1. Now he might be 6'1 1/8 or something when they remeasure him because they tend to measure a little short at their junior pro day, however, as of now he is slightly under 6'1 and 6'1 1/8 would be the max of what I could see him measuring out at. If I had to bet I would say 6'1 even or 6'0 7/8.

JoeNeck90
January 5th, 2009, 10:35 PM
WIU LB Jason Williams has a Shrine invite.

Anybody got a link to this. We have nothing on the WIU website that he was invited. I checked out the Shrine Bowl site and couldn't find him on there. Word is that he could go as high as the 4th round. He is the reason that a walk on RS Soph led the team in tackles. Opposing offenses did a nice job on him this year with his tackles being held to 67 from 107 last year. He did set the FCS record for career forced fumbles, though.
The defensive coordinator says that "he will do some things that you wouldn't think could be done, schematically."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQW9MXK1hXc

smallcollegefbfan
January 5th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Anybody got a link to this. We have nothing on the WIU website that he was invited. I checked out the Shrine Bowl site and couldn't find him on there. Word is that he could go as high as the 4th round. He is the reason that a walk on RS Soph led the team in tackles. Opposing offenses did a nice job on him this year with his tackles being held to 67 from 107 last year. He did set the FCS record for career forced fumbles, though.
The defensive coordinator says that "he will do some things that you wouldn't think could be done, schematically."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQW9MXK1hXc

Haven't seen it. I expect 5th-6th round. I do know he has been invited to the Shrine. They are just behind in posting names it sounds like.

JoeNeck90
January 5th, 2009, 11:19 PM
Haven't seen it. I expect 5th-6th round. I do know he has been invited to the Shrine. They are just behind in posting names it sounds like.

Thanks. I'm sure we will hear something soon.

BEAR
January 6th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Have you ever noticed that these "bowl" sites are horribly updated? No rosters, etc...and full of last years news. Maybe it's me but you'd think to get a fanbase for these kind of games that you'd keep the public informed. :)

smallcollegefbfan
January 6th, 2009, 05:05 PM
Norfolk State CB Don Carey has an invite to the East-West Shrine Game and thus has backed out of the Texas vs. Nation game.

smallcollegefbfan
January 6th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Richmond DE Lawrence Sidbury has been invited to the East-West Shrine Game as well.

danefan
January 12th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Saw his invite, but didn't see this acceptance posted:

Northeastern football senior tight end Brian Mandeville has accepted an invitation to play in the 84th annual East-West Shrine Game...

http://www.gonu.com/football/2008/mandeville010509.htm

Thumper250
January 13th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Dobson Collins, WR, Gardner-Webb is heading to the Texas/Nation game per his former position coach at GWU.

Talented kid.

CatMom07
January 15th, 2009, 01:20 AM

Just an FYI - Luke runs a 4.55/40 (taken at the end of a practice on grass). He is not being touted by our coaching staff and they are not correcting the inaccurate info that is out there.

TexasTerror
January 15th, 2009, 08:19 AM
Just an FYI - Luke runs a 4.55/40 (taken at the end of a practice on grass). He is not being touted by our coaching staff and they are not correcting the inaccurate info that is out there.

When is Pro Day, CatMom? Figure it's sometime around the start of spring football. That'll be when Luke can catch the eyes of NFL, CFL, etc scouts.

CatMom07
January 15th, 2009, 07:10 PM
When is Pro Day, CatMom? Figure it's sometime around the start of spring football. That'll be when Luke can catch the eyes of NFL, CFL, etc scouts.

I'll ask someone who knows him personally, see if I can find out.

KleinTx05
January 15th, 2009, 07:56 PM
I'll ask someone who knows him personally, see if I can find out.
I think its sometime in March ...ill check on it