PDA

View Full Version : FCS National Championship Game: University of Montana vs. University of Richmond

Pages : 1 [2]

UncleSam
December 19th, 2008, 11:10 AM
I doubt that Montana will be lucky enough to get another boatload of turnovers in this game. Richmond will take care of the football and UM won't be getting the short fields that JMU provided. As a result they will have a tough time driving the ball on the UR defense. Richmond's better defense will be the difference in this one.

Richmond 27
Montana 17

Grizalltheway
December 19th, 2008, 11:38 AM
I doubt that Montana will be lucky enough to get another boatload of turnovers in this game. Richmond will take care of the football and UM won't be getting the short fields that JMU provided. As a result they will have a tough time driving the ball on the UR defense. Richmond's better defense will be the difference in this one.

Richmond 27
Montana 17

...and cue the board's biggest CAA homer. xrolleyesx

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 19th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Griz: 17
Spidahs: 13

Attendance: 8,900 :(

ASUMountaineer
December 19th, 2008, 11:47 AM
Griz: 100
CAA's Last Hope: 21

Nah, all kidding aside, I just hope it's a good game and no one gets injured. May the best team win--and hopefully that team will be Montana (now I have to go get some Listerine to wash out my mouth...that tasted quite nasty coming out.) xnodx

madisonfan87
December 19th, 2008, 11:50 AM
It is pretty clear that the CAA is not strong enough to produce a NC.

On what assumption do you base that on? You still have to beat the Spiders tonight to prove that. Don't let that come back to haunt you, the game is still up for grabs IMO.

ASUMountaineer
December 19th, 2008, 11:51 AM
On what assumption do you base that on? You still have to beat the Spiders tonight to prove that. Don't let that come back to haunt you, the game is still up for grabs IMO.

I'd venture to say Citdog's brother is trying to get some CAA fans riled up...it's all about conference after all, or at least that's what I hear. xpeacex

Flathead Griz
December 19th, 2008, 01:49 PM
And the final season records are:

One team finishes 15 - 1
The other finishes 12 - 4

both had a great season.

URMite
December 19th, 2008, 02:01 PM
And the final season records are:

One team finishes 15 - 1
The other finishes 12 - 4

both had a great season.

Is it still possible both finish 13-2 in FCS?

Flathead Griz
December 19th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Is it still possible both finish 13-2 in FCS?

Actually that is likely to happen sometime in the next ten years.

DuckDuckGriz
December 19th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Are you OK? do you really think that fat ass,slow,all white boy team is gonna take down the best team in the CAA? tonight will be a reality check for ALL of Montana. Spiders 28, Fat asses 14.xlolx

I hope I am frantically searching for this post later tonight xlolx

DuckDuckGriz
December 19th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Bring it!xrotatehx

Ok Ok page 27 just wrote it down.

I will see you tonight in smack my friend.

JMU DJ
December 19th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Smack thread pediction:

DDG : HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH [bdfan quote]
ElCid96: The CAA is garbage, JMU is the worst school ever. The CAA is the worst conference ever.
Griz Nation: We win.
Everyone Else: Congrats Griz, good season Spiders
Alexale: Something about inbreeding

... That should about sum up the smack thread later.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 19th, 2008, 03:01 PM
Are you OK? do you really think that fat ass,slow,all white boy team is gonna take down the best team in the CAA? tonight will be a reality check for ALL of Montana. Spiders 28, Fat asses 14.xlolx

I hope I am frantically searching for this post later tonight xlolx

Bring it!xrotatehx

Ok Ok page 27 just wrote it down.

I will see you tonight in smack my friend.

Smack thread pediction:

DDG : HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH [bdfan quote]
ElCid96: The CAA is garbage, JMU is the worst school ever. The CAA is the worst conference ever.
Griz Nation: We win.
Everyone Else: Congrats Griz, good season Spiders
Alexale: Something about inbreeding

... That should about sum up the smack thread later.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

GO GRIZ!!!

Screamin_Eagle174
December 19th, 2008, 03:03 PM
"Good Game Grizzlies" 24, "Scared Spidey Sense" 17.

BigPapi
December 19th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Either team have any important injuries?

Grizalltheway
December 19th, 2008, 03:54 PM

1. Aren't you a Rhode Island fan? xlmaox

2. We already beat the undefeated CAA champ in their house, what makes you think we aren't good enough to beat Richmond? xconfusedx

RE/MAXGriz
December 19th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Either team have any important injuries?

Montana's three guys that got hurt in the JMU game both came back and played (Anderson, Lebsock, & Jace Palmer).

The Griz have had many guys that have been healing and seeing more play time, I'd think we're actually the most healthy we've been in the last 2 months, with Russum, Mariani, Ty Palmer, and others returning.

The only two guys that I don't know will play much will be Trumaine Johnson our CB that hasn't played since mid-Nov and Kevin Klaboe who does long snaps but didn't play at FB in the last few games.

As for Richmond, their only big injury was the leg injury to their big-play WR, but I'd presume he'll play 2nite.

Grizalltheway
December 19th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Yes and what conf, does Rhody play in?Ah JMU beat themselves, also tough to play without the star.If the QB does not go down it would have been an all CAA NC game.Your in by default.Just like Obama.xsmiley_wix

Wrong, we forced everyone of those turnovers by hitting them like they weren't used to getting hit in the soft CAA. And JMU's backup played just as well, if not better than Landers. xrulesx

Grizalltheway
December 19th, 2008, 04:09 PM
By the way, Rhody could beat most of the scrubs you clowns play.xnonox

They could beat two BSC teams for sure, the rest are toss ups at best. xcoffeex

Silenoz
December 19th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Yes and what conf, does Rhody play in?Ah JMU beat themselves, also tough to play without the star.If the QB does not go down it would have been an all CAA NC game.Your in by default.Just like Obama.xsmiley_wix

This is seriously like a Mississippi State fan trashing Oklahoma or Ohio State. Riding your conference's coattails because your team can't accomplish anything xrolleyesx

LehighFan11
December 19th, 2008, 04:46 PM
This is seriously like a Mississippi State fan trashing Oklahoma or Ohio State. Riding your conference's coattails because your team can't accomplish anything xrolleyesx
I don't see anything wrong with that, rep your conference.

Mountain Panther
December 19th, 2008, 04:47 PM

Uhhhhhhhh.....the Griz already beat the "best team in the CAA" when they beat JMU.

Grizalltheway
December 19th, 2008, 04:47 PM

There's a difference between supporting other teams from your conference in the playoffs (which I gladly do), and acting like their success somehow gives your team bragging rights.

LehighFan11
December 19th, 2008, 04:48 PM
I'm very surprised to see either of these teams in the championship game because both lost a good amount from last years squad. However, this should be a great one. I'm still not sure Richmond is the best team in their own conference but o well. If Montana plays smart on offense and defense like they did last week and don't get fancy, they should win by 4-7 points.

Montana 24 Richmond 17

Silenoz
December 19th, 2008, 04:51 PM

If you say so

Agree to disagree, even if I'm the right one!

:p

LehighFan11
December 19th, 2008, 04:53 PM
If you say so

Agree to disagree, even if I'm the right one!

:p
Sometimes thats the best thing to do.

Henny
December 19th, 2008, 05:02 PM
I have to give Montana alot of credit for the support of their team and respect them as a traditional FCS power much like Delaware where there is alot of pride and state interest in your team.

Unfortunately, that wont get you past Richmond. Dave Clawson put this thing together starting in '04 and the've been improving each year. The Spiders are the most balanced team in the entire FCS save kickoff and punt returns. Great D , strong o-line and excellent skill position players (Grayson's status?)

That said, the back breaker is Eric Ward. Just when you think you have Richmond's passing and running game stopped, he will break a few for 10-20 yards and there is no one on Montana that will contain him.

Congratulations Montana on a fine season.

Spiders - 31
Montana - 17

Mountain Panther
December 19th, 2008, 05:04 PM
I have to give Montana alot of credit for the support of their team and respect them as a traditional FCS power much like Delaware where there is alot of pride and state interest in your team.

Unfortunately, that wont get you past Richmond. Dave Clawson put this thing together starting in '04 and the've been improving each year. The Spiders are the most balanced team in the entire FCS save kickoff and punt returns. Great D , strong o-line and excellent skill position players (Grayson's status?)

That said, the back breaker is Eric Ward. Just when you think you have Richmond's passing and running game stopped, he will break a few for 10-20 yards and there is no one on Montana that will contain him.

Congratulations Montana on a fine season.

Spiders - 31
Montana - 17

All depends on which UR team shows up - the 1st half team that played UNI or the second half team. Have a feeling it will be the latter.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 19th, 2008, 05:05 PM
There's a difference between supporting other teams from your conference in the playoffs (which I gladly do), and acting like their success somehow gives your team bragging rights.

I'm completely fine with acting like you have bragging rights if your conference brethren win. However, it looks a lot better if you bring up valid points to argue... which bdfan hasn't. xpeacex

Screamin_Eagle174
December 19th, 2008, 05:06 PM

Damn straight.

Congrats to Greg Peach, 2008 winner of the Buck Buchanan!

Go Griz!!! Beat them spiderchildren!

FurmanPaladins4138
December 19th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Richmond about to join Furman as the second private school National Champion.

JMU DJ
December 19th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Wrong, we forced everyone of those turnovers by hitting them like they weren't used to getting hit in the soft CAA. And JMU's backup played just as well, if not better than Landers. xrulesx

Precisely... Montana's defense has been known for their stripping abilities...

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 19th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Precisely... Montana's defense has been known for their stripping abilities...

We do have damn fine strippers.....Fred's comes to mind.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 19th, 2008, 06:24 PM
We do have damn fine strippers.....Fred's comes to mind.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

That's sad I know about that place... and I've been to Missoula twice. Pretty sure one of 'em had just had a C-section for one of her kids, but I couldn't tell; her rolls were covering the scar! xthumbsdownx :pumpuke:

MTGrizzFan
December 19th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Almost gametime!!!!
Lets Do This!!!!!

SoDakState
December 19th, 2008, 08:11 PM
i have been very impressed with the spiders throughout the playoffs

Mountain Panther
December 19th, 2008, 09:48 PM
All depends on which UR team shows up - the 1st half team that played UNI or the second half team. Have a feeling it will be the latter.

Never quoted myself before....but doggone it I was right!

GaSouthern
December 19th, 2008, 09:49 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a96/josephs2k/untitled-9.jpg

Griz girls are still hotter xthumbsupx

Cleets
December 19th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Richmond is absolutely DOMINATING this game..!!! xnodx

~

Silenoz
December 19th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Normally I wouldn't waste the time to point out spelling mistakes, but you've earned an exception:

Its too

And no excuses, because I'm very drunk right now

Grizaholic17
December 19th, 2008, 10:19 PM
How about Montana being to fat, to slow and to white, is that valid enough for you? I'm spot on and you know it.xnonox

xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x

14-2 xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

who's better than that?

93henfan
December 19th, 2008, 10:27 PM
So without rereading all 30+ pages, did anyone guess the correct score?

crossfire07
December 19th, 2008, 10:33 PM
64% of the people that voted thought Montana was going to win. why that was I have no idea. guess they had not been paying attention to the D Richmond had been playing.

UNIFanSince1983
December 19th, 2008, 10:40 PM
I know I didn't pick the right score. I picked Montana for selfish reasons. I had them in my pool and had they won I would have won. Since they didn't I didn't.

YoUDeeMan
December 19th, 2008, 10:42 PM
How about Montana being to fat, to slow and to white, is that valid enough for you? I'm spot on and you know it.xnonox

xnutsx

How'd that work out for them against JMU?

uofmman1122
December 20th, 2008, 09:50 AM
Jmu lost there QB,And to many turn overs, and they almost came back to win.Congratulations to James Madison University!

Almost NCAA Division I 2008 National Champions!!

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

paward
December 20th, 2008, 09:54 AM
In the other poll I was one of the three people that voted UR would win by 14 plus. Do I get a prize?

MacThor
December 20th, 2008, 09:56 AM
In the other poll I was one of the three people that voted UR would win by 14 plus. Do I get a prize?

I hope your prize was a big hug on the field last night!

MightyMightyGriz
December 23rd, 2008, 05:05 PM
14-2 thats real tough to do in the Big Fluff Conf.xeyebrowx

And what college did you play football for? Maybe you have a complex issue we need to talk about "BIG FLUFF"

bobbythekidd
December 23rd, 2008, 07:06 PM
I just voted. Looks like I picked the winner. I'm a genius!

paward
December 23rd, 2008, 07:09 PM
I am still baffled by the number that picked us to lose. I did not expect to be up in the poll just did not expect to be 100 plus votes behind. Oh well it was a good bump. More entertaining than last week.

uofmman1122
December 23rd, 2008, 07:28 PM
I am still baffled by the number that picked us to loose.Well, it sure is easy to say that after the fact. xrolleyesx

Wolfman
December 23rd, 2008, 07:58 PM
I guess the national FCS fan base did not realize that they were voting for a Bobby "can't win the big one" Hauck-coached team

GATA
December 23rd, 2008, 08:29 PM
Well, it sure is easy to say that after the fact. xrolleyesx

It's amazing the amount of people who spell "lose" with two O's..."loose."

I see that all the time.

bobbythekidd
December 23rd, 2008, 08:33 PM
I guess the national FCS fan base did not realize that they were voting for a Bobby "can't win the big one" Hauck-coached team
It's Bob dammit!!

Ohh, sorry he's Bobby.:o

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 23rd, 2008, 09:29 PM
It's Bob dammit!!

Ohh, sorry he's Bobby.:o

OK, "Bob dammit" xthumbsupx

P.S. I'd rather be wtching BSU vs TCU but I'm too cheap to pay for cable :D