PDA

View Full Version : Weber State @ Montana game thread

Pages : 1 [2]

Grizaholic17
December 6th, 2008, 04:49 PM
actually I am watching JMU kick the snot out of Nova,

xeekx does that mean um will have to play an AWAY game.

yes, and we seem to do pretty well with those too.

DuckDuckGriz
December 6th, 2008, 04:50 PM

xeekx does that mean um will have to play an AWAY game.

Yes. Not quite as easy as blowing out the Cats in the litter box, but it'll have to do.

bobbythekidd
December 6th, 2008, 04:50 PM
Those Griz amazed me today. What a defensive effort! And our offense actually looked alive in the first half. xbowx xbowx
Wow. Your seats blow.

j/k You are lucky to have a seat to begin with.

uofmman1122
December 6th, 2008, 04:51 PM

xeekx does that mean um will have to play an AWAY game.I'll take whoever, whenever, wherever. xnodx

Grizaholic17
December 6th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Wow. Your seats blow.

j/k You are lucky to have a seat to begin with.

Student section. 2nd row up. BEST place to be.

GrizDen
December 6th, 2008, 04:52 PM
I'll take whoever, whenever, wherever. xnodx

Ditto xthumbsupx

cats2506
December 6th, 2008, 04:53 PM
yes, and we seem to do pretty well with those too.

Check your "away" record in the playoffs xnodx

cats2506
December 6th, 2008, 04:56 PM
So next friday I will be less than 100 miles away from JMU, I may have to delay my flight a day and go to the game,

wear my cat gear and teach the JMU fans to chant ESG GDG hahaha.

mtgrizfan4life
December 6th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Check your "away" record in the playoffs xnodx

It is nice to have a record to check for xthumbsupx Sorry that Bobcats have very little to check for.

srgrizizen
December 6th, 2008, 04:59 PM
wow - all Cats2506 needs to make him happy is to see the Griz season end with a loss. Let's see, that happens every time they don't win a NC. SO even though he endures seeing his team get the snot beat out of them by the Griz year after year after, he almost always winds up happy. Any Griz fans want to trade places with such a demented tool?

Grizaholic17
December 6th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Why check the away record in the playoffs? Different team, different season. Cumulative playoff away games mean nothing. This team has handled away games and that's what you should focus on. It will be a daunting task however.

mlbowl
December 6th, 2008, 05:00 PM
So next friday I will be less than 100 miles away from JMU, I may have to delay my flight a day and go to the game,

Uh...last time I checked the JMU/Nova game was still being playedxnonox

DuckDuckGriz
December 6th, 2008, 05:01 PM

All I care is that you teach them how to roll-over like your team does to us year after year xthumbsupx

Seriously dude, you're just making your fellow Cats look more and more pathetic and Griz-obsessed.

BTW we have 2 road playoff wins - with rings to accompany them xcoolx. I'm no math major, but I believe that's more wins in any playoff setting than MSU has had in 1/4th of a century. Now run along.

cats2506
December 6th, 2008, 05:02 PM
All I care is that you teach them how to roll-over like your team does to us year after year xthumbsupx

Seriously dude, you're just making your fellow Cats look more and more pathetic and Griz-obsessed.

BTW we have 2 road playoff wins - with rings to accompany them xcoolx. I'm no math major, but I believe that's more wins in any playoff setting than MSU has had in 1/4th of a century. Now run along.

I think those 2 lone wins are at a nuteral field though xsmiley_wix

DuckDuckGriz
December 6th, 2008, 05:03 PM
I think those 2 lone wins are at a nuteral field though xsmiley_wix

I believe a "nuteral" field is not Missoula, genius.

uofmman1122
December 6th, 2008, 05:04 PM
I think those 2 lone wins are at a nuteral field though xsmiley_wixYeah, winning a Championship against Marshal at Marshal was so neutral....Oh sorry, "nuteral."

cats2506
December 6th, 2008, 05:06 PM

If I gotta explain it to ya PDX its not worth it

DuckDuckGriz
December 6th, 2008, 05:07 PM
If I gotta explain it to ya PDX its not worth it

FWIW I am not PDX. Also uofmman just kinda shot 50% of your argument by pointing out that one game was in front of 35,000 Marshall fans in West Virginia.

cats2506
December 6th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Yeah, winning a Championship against Marshal at Marshal was so neutral....Oh sorry, "nuteral."

at least your brighter than PDX,

Technically it was a nuteral field xsmiley_wix

DuckDuckGriz
December 6th, 2008, 05:10 PM
at least your brighter than PDX,

Technically it was a nuteral field xsmiley_wix

Technically it was on their home field. That is not nuteral. At least you're brighter than the cup of coffee sitting next to my computer.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 6th, 2008, 05:48 PM

xoutofrepx

CrazyCat
December 6th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Good game Griz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhTiJEYqqY8

and no I will not use a Griz helmet as an avatar.

DuckDuckGriz
December 6th, 2008, 06:19 PM
Good game Griz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhTiJEYqqY8

How did that get 63k views??

CrazyCat
December 6th, 2008, 06:21 PM
ha ha I didn't notice that.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 6th, 2008, 06:24 PM
How did that get 63k views??

63k and ONE.

xlolx xlolx xlolx

I actually thought it was pretty funny. xsmileyclapx

Peems
December 6th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Just got back from the game a bit ago, first off what an atmosphere today!!!! Second, congrats to Weber on a great season and a great team, I'm not looking forward to playing most of those guys next year too!!! I'll be honest, I didn't think the Griz were going to win, but I was very surprised by how well the D played. To only give up one touchdown to one of the most efficient offenses in the country is great.

Met quite a few Weber fans and all were very cordial, unfortunately at the end of the game there was a drunk UM fan in a suite who was hassling the Weber fans and when he left his suite some other Griz fans confronted him and shoving ensued and his wife got knocked over. It was an ugly scene, there was arguing between Weber and UM fans and it was a sour ending to a great day.

Sad to see that there won't be another home game, but very excited that we get a chance to play the #1 team in the country. Can't wait till next week, GO GRIZ!

Silenoz
December 6th, 2008, 08:09 PM
The Griz will get worked next round.

I've seen a few of your posts, and they all bash the Griz

SeattleGriz
December 6th, 2008, 08:13 PM
Just got back from the game a bit ago, first off what an atmosphere today!!!! Second, congrats to Weber on a great season and a great team, I'm not looking forward to playing most of those guys next year too!!! I'll be honest, I didn't think the Griz were going to win, but I was very surprised by how well the D played. To only give up one touchdown to one of the most efficient offenses in the country is great.

Met quite a few Weber fans and all were very cordial, unfortunately at the end of the game there was a drunk UM fan in a suite who was hassling the Weber fans and when he left his suite some other Griz fans confronted him and shoving ensued and his wife got knocked over. It was an ugly scene, there was arguing between Weber and UM fans and it was a sour ending to a great day.

Sad to see that there won't be another home game, but very excited that we get a chance to play the #1 team in the country. Can't wait till next week, GO GRIZ!

Screw you Peems, and I wasn't drunk.

placidlakegriz
December 6th, 2008, 08:59 PM
Count on cats2506 guaranteeing another Griz loss.

It sucks rooting for losers week in and week out. Poor kitties.

CrazyCat
December 6th, 2008, 09:32 PM
It sucks rooting for losers week in and week out. Poor kitties.

EastCoast is that you? What really sucks is being so unimaginative that you post the same exact thing on two different message boards.

cats2506
December 6th, 2008, 10:14 PM
EastCoast is that you? What really sucks is being so unimaginative that you post the same exact thing on two different message boards.

He denied it, but yes he is the same one that likes to use pretty colors.

grizbeer
December 6th, 2008, 10:16 PM
just so you feel a little love 2506 I did hear a poooooor wiiilcaaats chant at the end of the game - pretty sure that was directed at your team, though.

cats2506
December 6th, 2008, 10:19 PM
just so you feel a little love 2506 I did hear a poooooor wiiilcaaats chant at the end of the game - pretty sure that was directed at your team, though.

Great, no matter who you team is playing I'm glad that your fans are still thinking about us. xlolx

grizbeer
December 6th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Great, no matter who you team is playing I'm glad that your fans are still thinking about us. xlolx
I hope every down, every play, no matter who the Griz are playing, all they see are 'Cats (even when they are 'Dogs).xlolx xpeacex

cats2506
December 6th, 2008, 10:26 PM
I hope every down, every play, no matter who the Griz are playing, all they see are 'Cats (even when they are 'Dogs).xlolx xpeacex

Thats what makes it a great rivalry xnodx

FTG xpeacex

SunCoastBlueHen
December 6th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Go, Montana!!!

Since UD sucked this year, I have become a Griz fan!

uofmman1122
December 6th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Great, no matter who you team is playing I'm glad that your fans are still thinking about us. xlolxConsidering your fans do "ESG, GCG" at least 4 or 5 times every home game, you should look who's talking. xcoffeex

CrazyCat
December 6th, 2008, 10:52 PM
Considering your fans do "ESG, GCG" at least 4 or 5 times every home game, you should look who's talking. xcoffeex

What are you doing at our home games? xeekx

GOKATS
December 6th, 2008, 11:03 PM

Yep, I called him on it a while back but he wasn't man enough to fess up.

GOKATS
December 6th, 2008, 11:05 PM
What are you doing at our home games? xeekx

He's never been to wa/griz, but he flies to Bozeman from Japan for every Cat game.................xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex

uofmman1122
December 6th, 2008, 11:19 PM
He's never been to wa/griz, but he flies to Bozeman from Japan for every Cat game.................xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlexGood thing your season was so short. I don't think I could have afforded any more. xlolxxlolxxlolx

uofmman1122
December 6th, 2008, 11:43 PM
Quick question...

What was written on Trevyn Smith's arms? In pictures I'm looking at, it looks like "MON-something" on his left arm, and "AIR" on his right...

Anyone know? xconfusedx

cats2506
December 6th, 2008, 11:47 PM
I saw "PA" on one guys arm, and "ADAM" on another.

I have no idea what it was about

uofmman1122
December 7th, 2008, 12:21 AM
I saw "PA" on one guys arm, and "ADAM" on another.

I have no idea what it was aboutDefinitely wasn't a tattoo, and if it was, Smith should pummel whoever did tattoo that on his arms. xlolx

I'd ask our two resident Weber fans, but it seems they've taken some time off.

cats2506
December 7th, 2008, 12:45 AM
What I saw was written on with marker.

Native
December 7th, 2008, 01:52 AM
FUMBLE!!!!!

Griz ball!

It wasn't a fumble. He was down.

BUT CONGRATS to the Grizz, who won fair and square as far as I'm concerned.xthumbsupx

Grizaholic17
December 7th, 2008, 01:58 AM
It wasn't a fumble. He was down.

BUT CONGRATS to the Grizz, who won fair and square as far as I'm concerned.xthumbsupx

HAHA. It was questionable. But I think refs are a little partial when the crowd in on your back...literally!

Native
December 7th, 2008, 02:13 AM
I wonder if Native is gonna come back to AGS anytime soon. xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Just got back to Ogden after the grueling 8 hour bus ride from Missoula. Not as pleasant a ride as it might have been, but I am very proud of the lads and we'll see the Grizz in Missoula again next season.

In the meantime, KICK SOME EAST COAST BUTT and bring that national championship to the BIG SKY!

Native
December 7th, 2008, 02:15 AM
Definitely wasn't a tattoo, and if it was, Smith should pummel whoever did tattoo that on his arms. xlolx

I'd ask our two resident Weber fans, but it seems they've taken some time off.

I'll ask my youngster what was written on Trevyn's forearms, but maybe tomorrow. He is in a mighty foul mood tonight.

uofmman1122
December 7th, 2008, 02:15 AM
Just got back to Ogden after the grueling 8 hour bus ride from Missoula. Not as pleasant a ride as it might have been, but I am very proud of the lads and we'll wee the Grizz in Missoula again next season.

In the meantime, KICK SOME EAST COAST BUTT and bring that national championship to the BIG SKY!Like I said before, you guys deserved to play a few east coast teams, instead of two of the best teams in the west.

You played a great game, and deserve to hold your heads up. You guys'll be a force in the BSC in the years to come. xthumbsupx

Native
December 7th, 2008, 02:17 AM
HAHA. It was questionable. But I think refs are a little partial when the crowd in on your back...literally!

I noticed it seemed to be the ONLY play the Montana crew failed to replay on the jumbotron...xrotatehx

Grizaholic17
December 7th, 2008, 02:23 AM
I noticed it seemed to be the ONLY play the Montana crew failed to replay on the jumbotron...xrotatehx

HA, about that....

Proud Griz Man
December 7th, 2008, 02:26 AM

Weber was good. Good. No smack.

Native
December 7th, 2008, 02:29 AM
Weber was good. Good. No smack.

...and Montana was "great!"

I think the teams were pretty evenly matched this season. Both are young, so it should be pretty interesting competition over the next couple of years.

Great job Montana! Bring the NC home to the Big Sky!

Grizo406
December 7th, 2008, 02:48 AM
I'll ask my youngster what was written on Trevyn's forearms, but maybe tomorrow. He is in a mighty foul mood tonight.

From what I saw, Trevyn had "Mom" on one arm, and "Air" on the other. I don't have a clue what it meant.

gbhmt
December 7th, 2008, 10:40 AM

Yeah they actually did. Cause I remember being at the game and watching the replay and going "Ohhh man that there was a gift."

Although going home and watching it on ESPN made it look like it could have gone either way, ball started comin out before he was down. But when they showed it at the game, it sure looked like it was the wrong call.

srgrizizen
December 7th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Watching at home, I agreed it was questionable at first. But after watching the replay a couple times, he clearly lost control of the ball before he went down. Same with the fumbled pass -- if his arm was going forward, the ball wouldn't have continued backwards.

But Weber is a really scary team, and as good as the Griz defense was, I think Higgins had an off day. He missed a number of throws all on his own. With him and Smith back, they might well get their revenge next year. I too wish they could have played some East Coast teams instead of us. Great year anyway.

Native
December 7th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Watching at home, I agreed it was questionable at first. But after watching the replay a couple times, he clearly lost control of the ball before he went down. Same with the fumbled pass -- if his arm was going forward, the ball wouldn't have continued backwards.

But Weber is a really scary team, and as good as the Griz defense was, I think Higgins had an off day. He missed a number of throws all on his own. With him and Smith back, they might well get their revenge next year. I too wish they could have played some East Coast teams instead of us. Great year anyway.

Great year for both teams, thanks! Congrats again to Montana!

I am not complaining about the Grizz themselves, they played a great game and we made enough mistakes to seal our own fate. That's what it comes down to at the highest levels of competition - who makes the fewest mistakes.

As a (soccer) referee, I do reserve the right to complain about the calls from time to time. Even though I did not like a couple of the calls Saturday, I think the refs did a pretty good job of calling the game evenly and letting the kids play. As hard as it is for the refs to call a perfect game, that's probably the best anyone can hope for.

Cheers!

Native
December 7th, 2008, 02:10 PM
From what I saw, Trevyn had "Mom" on one arm, and "Air" on the other. I don't have a clue what it meant.

The lad told me this morning that Trevyn puts his wife and kids' names on his arms. Pretty cool.

...and he's coming back NEXT year, along with Higgins, Toone, and a host of others.

I sure hope Mac has strong JC and BCS transfer recruiting success for that defense, though!

fencer24
December 7th, 2008, 05:44 PM
The lad told me this morning that Trevyn puts his wife and kids' names on his arms. Pretty cool.

...and he's coming back NEXT year, along with Higgins, Toone, and a host of others.

I sure hope Mac has strong JC and BCS transfer recruiting success for that defense, though!

No chance that they might go for an early Draft????? :D

Silenoz
December 7th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Did anyone get a good look at the 2nd Weber fumble? I couldn't see the ball on the replay, but the Weber fans didn't seem too happy with that call.

gbhmt
December 7th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Did anyone get a good look at the 2nd Weber fumble? I couldn't see the ball on the replay, but the Weber fans didn't seem too happy with that call.

When I was at the game the replay made it look like his knee was down but it looked like he lost control before the knee hit the ground when I watched it again on TV.

I Bleed Purple
December 7th, 2008, 06:24 PM
I guess I have returned from my self inflicted...um...seance to return to post here.

Maybe it's destiny, destined to return and whine and piss and moan about the game my team could've won.

xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx :( xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

Grizo406
December 8th, 2008, 11:26 PM
I guess I have returned from my self inflicted...um...seance to return to post here.

Maybe it's destiny, destined to return and whine and piss and moan about the game my team could've won.

xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx :( xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

Thanks for sackin' up, IBP, and comin' back!

I got nothing but respect for the Weber program, and look forward to seeing your team in Washington/Grizzly Stadium next season!!

gbhmt
December 9th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Please tell me I'm not the only one that noticed that on the ESPN coverage of the game, the African-American announcer always referred to ASU as Appyxlolx

I Bleed Purple
December 9th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Thanks for sackin' up, IBP, and comin' back!

I got nothing but respect for the Weber program, and look forward to seeing your team in Washington/Grizzly Stadium next season!!

xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx :D

We'll win that game.

Grizalltheway
December 9th, 2008, 02:43 PM
xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx :D

We'll win that game.

And we'll win the rematch when it counts. ;)

Screamin_Eagle174
December 9th, 2008, 03:14 PM

And this thread will live on. xlolx

I Bleed Purple
December 9th, 2008, 07:29 PM

Ah, but it'll be at our house for the rematch..

Hellgate60
December 9th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Ah, but it'll be at our house for the rematch..

Only if you can win the conference outright.....

Native
December 9th, 2008, 10:12 PM
Only if you can win the conference outright.....

It could happen! xnodx xnodx xnodx

mtgrizfankb
December 9th, 2008, 11:00 PM
could happen, but it wont...montana will once again be the Big Sky Champs.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 9th, 2008, 11:01 PM

Not if EWU has anything to say about it. You're lucky enough as it is to get it this year... we were feelin' nice.

fencer24
December 9th, 2008, 11:24 PM
Thank you. We will remember next year what you did.

mtgrizfankb
December 9th, 2008, 11:35 PM
Not if EWU has anything to say about it. You're lucky enough as it is to get it this year... we were feelin' nice.

LOL ok so you were feeling NICE the last ten years?? what about the last 16 that you let us get in the playoffs?? LOL E.Wash is in wa/griz next year....GOOD LUCK

I Bleed Purple
December 10th, 2008, 12:22 AM

Quiet, you Griz fan. :p

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 10th, 2008, 12:24 AM

Nice to see you back on your feet IBP xpeacex

I Bleed Purple
December 10th, 2008, 12:26 AM
Nice to see you back on your feet IBP xpeacex

xcoolx

And you do realize I'm only continuing posting in this thread in a desperate attempt to keep being relevant.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 10th, 2008, 12:38 AM
xcoolx

And you do realize I'm only continuing posting in this thread in a desperate attempt to keep being relevant.

Well, I hope to not join you next week :D

Grizalltheway
December 10th, 2008, 03:00 AM
xcoolx

Props for admitting it, unlike our crybaby little sisters to the east. xlolx

Screamin_Eagle174
December 10th, 2008, 04:00 AM
LOL ok so you were feeling NICE the last ten years?? what about the last 16 that you let us get in the playoffs?? LOL E.Wash is in wa/griz next year....GOOD LUCK

That's better for us. We have the most wins of any team other than the Griz in WA-Griz. :D xthumbsupx

Screamin_Eagle174
December 10th, 2008, 04:00 AM

Griz supporter. No need for insults! xnonox :D

And it's only for the playoffs anyway.

Native
December 10th, 2008, 09:10 AM

xeyebrowx Aw, c'mon. The BS board is another thread. You can make a better contribution than that, grizkub! Step up, man step up!

Actually, our teams played pretty evenly in both games this year. It so happens that the Griz won when Weber lost three net turnovers, and the Wildcats won when the Griz lost four(?) net turnovers.

Montana was the best defense we played at the FCS level - probably better than Hawaii but not better than Utah. Weber was the best or second best (perhaps behind Cal Poly) offense Montana played this year.

What do you think? If not Grizkub, does anyone want to talk about football?

uofmman1122
December 10th, 2008, 09:20 AM
xeyebrowx Aw, c'mon. The BS board is another thread. You can make a better contribution than that, grizkub! Step up, man step up!

Actually, our teams played pretty evenly in both games this year. It so happens that the Griz won when Weber lost three net turnovers, and the Wildcats won when the Griz lost four(?) net turnovers.

Montana was the best defense we played at the FCS level - probably better than Hawaii but not better than Utah. Weber was the best or second best (perhaps behind Cal Poly) offense Montana played this year.

What do you think? If not Grizkub, does anyone want to talk about football?I would, but we're a little busy preparing for another team that likes to prance around in purple. xlolx:pxsmiley_wix

I Bleed Purple
December 10th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Griz supporter. No need for insults! xnonox :D

And it's only for the playoffs anyway.

I don't know...I've heard if you go Grizz, you never go back. Or is that something else?

Screamin_Eagle174
December 10th, 2008, 09:20 PM
I don't know...I've heard if you go Grizz, you never go back. Or is that something else?

See, I didn't go griz though. This is just camoflauge! Shhhhh, I'm hunting Dukes! xlolx