PDA

View Full Version : Who has players playing in Post Season All Star Games

WOCO
December 2nd, 2008, 11:12 AM
I saw that ramses barden is going to play in the East West Shrine Game. Is anyone else?

th0m
December 2nd, 2008, 11:20 AM
From the FCS and the Pros board:

Rashad Jennings (Liberty RB) to the East-West, and apparently a Senior Bowl bid awaiting.
Nathan Brown (Central Arkansas QB) to the East-West Shrine game as well.
Rhett Bomar (SHSU QB) to the Senior Bowl.

TexasTerror
December 2nd, 2008, 02:56 PM
Bomar is also doing the Shrine Game.

SandMountainDemon
December 2nd, 2008, 06:56 PM
Northwestern State offensive lineman Tim Henderson (#70) will be playing in the Texas vs. the Nation game.

BEAR
December 2nd, 2008, 07:00 PM
Three UCA seniors have been invited to post season games!

Senior quarterback Nathan Brown has been invited to the East-West Shrine Game

Senior offensive lineman Brad Gordon received an invitation to the East Coast Bowl.

Senior tight end Marquez Branson has been invited to the The Texas vs. Nation All-Star Game.

Way to go seniors and we are going to miss your talents! xthumbsupx xbowx

smallcollegefbfan
December 2nd, 2008, 08:15 PM
Here is what I have so far from the FCS. Note: I am just listing the games the players will participate in so far.

ILB Lee Robinson Alcorn State Texas vs. Nation
WR Ramses Barden Cal Poly Shrine
QB Nathan Brown Central Arkansas Shrine
TE/FB Marquez Branson Central Arkansas Texas vs. Nation
OT/OG Nick Hennessey Colgate Texas vs. Nation
WR Jeremy Gilchrist Hampton Shrine
CB Domonique Johnson Jackson State Senior Bowl
RB Rashad Jennings Liberty Shrine
S Lardarius Webb Nicholls State Texas vs. Nation
OG Tim Henderson NW State Texas vs. Nation
QB Rhett Bomar Sam Houston State Senior
WR Dominique Edison Stephen F. Austin Texas vs. Nation
RB Javarris Wiliams Tennessee State Texas vs. Nation

PhoenixPhan06
December 3rd, 2008, 09:47 AM
Our P Brandon Lane (6'5 258) has been invited to the NFL Combine. Its doubtful that he'll be drafted since teams rarely draft punters but he'll be picked up as a free agent and make some team happy for 10-15 years.

smallcollegefbfan
December 3rd, 2008, 11:25 AM
Our P Brandon Lane (6'5 258) has been invited to the NFL Combine. Its doubtful that he'll be drafted since teams rarely draft punters but he'll be picked up as a free agent and make some team happy for 10-15 years.

What combine? NFL Combine invites have not gone out yet. Players usually get them late in December. Some of the top players such as Bomar, Johnson, Barden, etc. have not received them yet and I know those guys are getting invites.

PhoenixPhan06
December 3rd, 2008, 01:39 PM
What combine? NFL Combine invites have not gone out yet. Players usually get them late in December. Some of the top players such as Bomar, Johnson, Barden, etc. have not received them yet and I know those guys are getting invites.

The invites may not be public knowledge yet, but I was told by someone who grew up with him that he received an invite by phone just before Thanksgiving.

smallcollegefbfan
December 3rd, 2008, 02:19 PM
The invites may not be public knowledge yet, but I was told by someone who grew up with him that he received an invite by phone just before Thanksgiving.

From what I know about how the NFL Combine works they don't even vote on who goes until late in November and they send official invites through the mail. Hopefully he gets an invite through the mail officially. I asked around and none of the top players have informed anyone that they received an invite to the NFL Scouting Combine. You sure there is not some other type of combine he was invited to?

PhoenixPhan06
December 3rd, 2008, 03:51 PM
From what I know about how the NFL Combine works they don't even vote on who goes until late in November and they send official invites through the mail. Hopefully he gets an invite through the mail officially. I asked around and none of the top players have informed anyone that they received an invite to the NFL Scouting Combine. You sure there is not some other type of combine he was invited to?

It could be another combine. Since I didn't hear it directly from him, all I know is what his friend told me and that was an invite to the NFL Combine. I'll follow up with details when I receive them.

smallcollegefbfan
December 3rd, 2008, 08:29 PM
It could be another combine. Since I didn't hear it directly from him, all I know is what his friend told me and that was an invite to the NFL Combine. I'll follow up with details when I receive them.

Yeah I would be curious to hear. While the NFL Combine invites are not public knowledge when they are sent out the official invites have not even been sent to the players from what I heard.