PDA

View Full Version : Who will win: Weber or Monana (Part Dos)

Pages : 1 [2]

Silenoz
December 2nd, 2008, 01:07 PM
Yes, Montana's defense is much stronger than Cal Poly's but their offense isn't nearly that of the Mustangs and WSU held them at bay for the most part. If WSU can stay turnover free, and not let penalties kill them (as the maroon and black striped officials in Missoula usually do to away teams) I don't think Montana can overcome Higgins, Smith, Toone and company.

Bergquist is a solid and smart quarterback, and Reynolds is coming on strong, but in the end I don't think the Griz have the depth or the momentum to match WSU's.
Of course, this game could go either way, but I have to go with WSU. It wont be the nailbiter everybody expects.

Weber State 41, Montana 31. xthumbsupx

xlolx

Gil Dobie
December 2nd, 2008, 01:12 PM
Mona loses this time xoopsx

montanafan
December 2nd, 2008, 01:13 PM
I could care less if you ever root for us, I might consider pulling for you sometime if they get rid of that classless coach you have, but then again, I'm glad you have him there even with his record.

You know you sound very familiar. Are you Wolfman in disguise? xlolx xlolx xlolx

AZGrizFan
December 2nd, 2008, 03:29 PM
Grizzies, after watching highlights of both teams, I don't think you have any idea of about what's about to hit you.

That's the way to man-up polecat. Don't be a stranger! xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

cats2506
December 2nd, 2008, 03:32 PM
You know you sound very familiar. Are you Wolfman in disguise? xlolx xlolx xlolx

Sorry, I dont play those games, I have one name and it is the same on all boards.

Peems
December 2nd, 2008, 03:34 PM
I'm surprised so many folks have picked UM so far. I was one of them, but in reality it seems to me that Weber has all the decided advantages except one, homefield.

AZGrizFan
December 2nd, 2008, 03:48 PM
If Montana doesn't commit a turnover, I'll cut off my p....

No I won't. xlolx

Either way, I'd wager money that Montana commits at least one turnover. It's what they do! xthumbsupx

Griz are last in the league in sacks allowed.
Griz are last in the league in FG percentage made.
Griz are last in the league in PAT percentage made.
Griz are last in the league in kickoff return yardage allowed (but then again, being second in the league in scoring, we kick off a LOT)
Griz are last in the league in red zone offense (#TD's as a percentage of opportunites)...again, we get a LOT of opportunities ;)

On the other hand, the Griz have thrown the fewest # of interceptions in the league, and lead the league in turnover margin (as has been pointed out before). We have 18 turnovers total, and 9 of those game in a 2-game stretch of Central Washington and Weber.

There are things that will beat the Griz. Turnovers aren't typically one of them.

cats2506
December 2nd, 2008, 04:01 PM
Griz are last in the league in sacks allowed.
Griz are last in the league in FG percentage made.
Griz are last in the league in PAT percentage made.
Griz are last in the league in kickoff return yardage allowed (but then again, being second in the league in scoring, we kick off a LOT)
Griz are last in the league in red zone offense (#TD's as a percentage of opportunites)...again, we get a LOT of opportunities ;)

On the other hand, the Griz have thrown the fewest # of interceptions in the league, and lead the league in turnover margin (as has been pointed out before). We have 18 turnovers total, and 9 of those game in a 2-game stretch of Central Washington and Weber.

There are things that will beat the Griz. Turnovers aren't typically one of them.

The Cal Poly QB only had one interception for the year before they played Weber.

GolfingGriz
December 2nd, 2008, 04:08 PM
The Cal Poly QB only had one interception for the year before they played Weber.

Cal Poly by design will have more turnovers than we will

mvemjsunpx
December 2nd, 2008, 05:13 PM
I'm surprised so many folks have picked UM so far. I was one of them, but in reality it seems to me that Weber has all the decided advantages except one, homefield.

Not really…

Scoring Defense - UM: 16.9 ppg; WSU: 22.5 ppg

Pass Defense - UM: 203.9 ypg; WSU: 217.2 ypg

Net Punting - UM: 36.4 ypp; WSU: 33.8 ypp

Turnovers Committed - UM: 18; WSU: 21

Turnover Margin - UM: +11; WSU: +10

Rushing Offense - UM: 176.4 ypg; WSU: 132.2 ypg

Run Defense - UM: 116.2 ypg; WSU: 142.2 ypg

Total Defense - UM: 320.2 ypg; WSU: 359.5 ypg

Punt Returns - UM: 16.1 ypr (2 TDs); WSU: 10.5 ypr (0 TDs)

1st. Downs Allowed - UM: 215; WSU: 253

Sacks - UM: 30; WSU: 29

Penalties/Yards - UM: 6.2 pg for 64 ypg; WSU: 7.8 pg for 70 ypg

4th. Down % - UM: 62.5% (15/24); WSU: 60% (9/15)

4th. Down Defense - UM: 33.3% (8/24); WSU: 54.5% (12/22)

Redzone Defense - UM: 3.82 points per trip; WSU: 4.91 points per trip

3rd. Down Defense - UM: 33.1%; WSU: 37.1%

Time of Possession - UM: 32:10 pg; WSU: 29:38 pg

Kick Coverage - UM: 19.6 ypr; WSU: 22.5 ypr

Weber leads in many stats, too, but they don't have anywhere near every advantage (other than homefield).

cats2506
December 2nd, 2008, 05:22 PM
Cal Poly by design will have more turnovers than we will

Turnover Margin

Cal Poly +14
um +11

Another theory shot to hell

apppackdad
December 2nd, 2008, 05:26 PM
Weber wakes up Sat. morn and realizes they are in the quarterfinals at Wa-Griz. They say a collective" Holy Sh*% what are we doing here." By the time they come to their senses UM has a 21 point lead. Weber rallies, but loses 35-31.

C'mon Weber, prove me wrong!xsmiley_wix

Hellgate60
December 2nd, 2008, 06:36 PM
Weber wakes up Sat. morn and realizes they are in the quarterfinals at Wa-Griz. They say a collective" Holy Sh*% what are we doing here." By the time they come to their senses UM has a 21 point lead. Weber rallies, but loses 35-31.

C'mon Weber, prove me wrong!xsmiley_wix

C'mon Weber, prove him right!

elkmcc
December 2nd, 2008, 06:49 PM
Hey cats2056. I suggest you go back to bobcatcounty.com and cry and whine all you want. Don't worry. No one will call you a whiner and cry baby because No one will even notice..... because no one is even there.

R3TRO
December 2nd, 2008, 07:04 PM
Hey cats2056. I suggest you go back to bobcatcounty.com and cry and whine all you want. Don't worry. No one will call you a whiner and cry baby because No one will even notice..... because no one is even there.

http://www.joelogon.com/images_temp/successoryinternet400.jpg

Screamin_Eagle174
December 2nd, 2008, 07:22 PM
Man this thread has gotten huge. And we're not even at midweek yet!

ursus arctos horribilis
December 2nd, 2008, 07:26 PM
Man this thread has gotten huge. And we're not even at midweek yet!

Not only that but the voting is coming around as well. It was over a 2 to 1 margin on Suday/Monday and it's closing the gap now. Plus 275 votes seems like quite a few.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 2nd, 2008, 07:29 PM
There is about 100 more votes on the App/Richmond thread though so maybe not.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 2nd, 2008, 07:30 PM
There is about 100 more votes on the App/Richmond thread though so maybe not.

Yeah, but we have more thread posts. :D

Screamin_Eagle174
December 2nd, 2008, 07:31 PM
Hell, I probably have 20 or 30 (one) posts in this thread alone! :D

T-Dawg95
December 2nd, 2008, 07:35 PM
I wish I could say I have seen either team play this season, but alas I have not. Either way, I'm rooting for Montana. The way their people treated us last year was fantastic, and they're the classiest team/fanbase/school I've ever had the pleasure to meet. xthumbsupx

Good luck this weekend, Griz, I'm rooting for you to get on that Chattanooga Train.

I Bleed Purple
December 2nd, 2008, 07:43 PM
We have 18 turnovers total, and 9 of those game in a 2-game stretch of Central Washington and Weber.

Nine of our turnovers have come in two games, too!

ursus arctos horribilis
December 2nd, 2008, 07:49 PM
Hell, I probably have 20 or 30 (one) posts in this thread alone! :D

Here's your thread leaders:

I Bleed Purple 34
Screamin_Eagle174 27
gbhmt 18
cats2506 14
ursus arctos horribilis 11
uofmman1122 11
GolfingGriz 10

ursus arctos horribilis
December 2nd, 2008, 07:50 PM
I wish I could say I have seen either team play this season, but alas I have not. Either way, I'm rooting for Montana. The way their people treated us last year was fantastic, and they're the classiest team/fanbase/school I've ever had the pleasure to meet. xthumbsupx

Good luck this weekend, Griz, I'm rooting for you to get on that Chattanooga Train.

Thanks T, the Terriers I met were good peeps but I only met a couple.

I Bleed Purple
December 2nd, 2008, 07:57 PM

I Bleed Purple 34
Screamin_Eagle174 27
gbhmt 18
cats2506 14
uofmman1122 11
GolfingGriz 10

Representin'. xthumbsupx xpeacex IBP in da' house!

MTGrizzFan
December 2nd, 2008, 07:57 PM

Thanks, I was rooting for you guys too.

gbhmt
December 2nd, 2008, 08:15 PM

xbowx xbowx

You've got my pick for best Weber posterxthumbsupx

I Bleed Purple
December 2nd, 2008, 08:30 PM
xbowx xbowx

You've got my pick for best Weber posterxthumbsupx

I'd say I'm flattered, but that's saying "you're my favorite" to your only child.

cats2506
December 2nd, 2008, 08:31 PM

I Bleed Purple 34
Screamin_Eagle174 27
gbhmt 18
cats2506 14
uofmman1122 11
GolfingGriz 10

Yeah, but I should get credit for a few more since there are at least half a dozen posts by griz fans whining about me rooting for Weber.

AZGrizFan
December 2nd, 2008, 08:39 PM
Yeah, but I should get credit for a few more since there are at least half a dozen posts by griz fans whining about me rooting for Weber.

True. You should probably get credit for GENERATING about 6 of these pages... xlolx xlolx

cats2506
December 2nd, 2008, 08:42 PM
True. You should probably get credit for GENERATING about 6 of these pages... xlolx xlolx

Doing what I can to help you out ya know xlolx

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 2nd, 2008, 08:46 PM

You need to turn Sid The Science Kid off man! xsmiley_wix :D

I Bleed Purple
December 2nd, 2008, 08:50 PM

Or be lambasted for steering the topic toward unimportant matters.xflamemadx xflamemadx xflamemadx

:p

gbhmt
December 2nd, 2008, 08:50 PM
I'd say I'm flattered, but that's saying "you're my favorite" to your only child.

nah you're gettin the nod over native right?

I Bleed Purple
December 2nd, 2008, 08:51 PM
You need to turn Sid The Science Kid off man! xsmiley_wix :D

I wish I knew the reference so I could laugh with you.

Only thing similar to that I know is Bill Nye the Science Guy.

cats2506
December 2nd, 2008, 08:54 PM
Or be lambasted for steering the topic toward unimportant matters.xflamemadx xflamemadx xflamemadx

:p

Hey, at least I supporting your team though xnodx

I Bleed Purple
December 2nd, 2008, 08:55 PM
nah you're gettin the nod over native right?

Mr. Register Two Weeks Before Playoffs and Disappear After Last Regular Season Game Only to Show Up AFTER Cal Poly Win Guy?

I've got tough competition. :p

I Bleed Purple
December 2nd, 2008, 08:58 PM
Hey, at least I supporting your team though xnodx

Give my your poor, tired, huddled masses and in MSU's case, add downtrodden, yearning to be free of the tyranny that is the overlord Grizzled Bear. Trust in your lord savior Ronny Mac and he shall lead the masses to salvation.

AZGrizFan
December 2nd, 2008, 09:00 PM
Give my your poor, tired, huddled masses and in MSU's case, add downtrodden, yearning to be free of the tyranny that is the overlord Grizzled Bear. Trust in your lord savior Ronny Mac and he shall lead the masses to salvation.

Pretty sad that your fanbase sucks so bad you gotta gravytrain off of Eastern Montanans' pain.... xlolx xlolx xlolx

cats2506
December 2nd, 2008, 09:03 PM

Hey, the only reason I like McBride is because he dislikes um as much as I do. The guy cant be all bad. But hes got his problems too.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 2nd, 2008, 09:08 PM
I wish I knew the reference so I could laugh with you.

Only thing similar to that I know is Bill Nye the Science Guy.

It's a cartoon my daughter watches sometimes on one of the local PBS channels. He always says something like "Scientist in da house!" and it reminded me of that. Thanks, now I have that damn thing in my head. xnonono2x :D

gbhmt
December 2nd, 2008, 09:13 PM
Mr. Register Two Weeks Before Playoffs and Disappear After Last Regular Season Game Only to Show Up AFTER Cal Poly Win Guy?

I've got tough competition. :p

Well here how's this: You get the nod as best Weber OR MSU poster!

Native
December 2nd, 2008, 09:22 PM
Perhaps, but I don't think you want to fly all the way to Tokyo. xlolx

WHAT!?!! What kind of loyal Griz fan would fail to fly in to Missoula from Tokyo!?!!!xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx

Native
December 2nd, 2008, 09:34 PM

AMEN!:)

TheValleyRaider
December 2nd, 2008, 09:37 PM
Montana
It's unfortunate that regionalization forces this rematch when it does, but that's life. Eitherway, they're both quarterfinalists. Weber took a close one at home back in October, and that's how I see the rematch playing out: the home team winning a close one. Montana goes back to the Semis

Native
December 2nd, 2008, 09:37 PM
i think it's bull**** they're even on the same side of the bracket. anyone else?

Yeah but what the heck? There are injustices far more grave in the world. All we gotta do is beat Montana. xcoolx

Walkon79
December 2nd, 2008, 09:39 PM
Had to go with the Cats, Just Cause:D :D :D :D

cats2506
December 2nd, 2008, 09:39 PM
Montana
It's unfortunate that regionalization forces this rematch when it does, but that's life. Eitherway, they're both quarterfinalists. Weber took a close one at home back in October, and that's how I see the rematch playing out: the home team winning a close one. Montana goes back to the Semis

45-28 close xsmhx

TheValleyRaider
December 2nd, 2008, 09:43 PM
45-28 close xsmhx

xdohx

Still, a few turnovers here and there (I think I heard Griz fans mention those once or twice ;)) and it's much closer than that

Still taking the home team xpeacex

CFallsGriz
December 2nd, 2008, 09:52 PM
I don't understand the "revenge" factor. I don't think the fact that Weber has beaten Montana this year will help determine the outcome. I doubt the Montana plays want to lose less now that they're playing Weber again.

So you're saying the Weebs didn't have revenge on the brain when they played earlier in the season?

That would be contrary to everything I read on the purple people weebl-o- whatever website prior to that game...

Should be a great game.

Bring it on.

Walkon79
December 2nd, 2008, 09:55 PM
If Cole plays like he did in the last 2 first halves against successive Bobcats, Weber wins big. I also think Chase might wear down a little after two big games and a ton of carries. He is only a pup at this point in his career.

Secondly, Weber has the balanced attack that the Griz' most recent opponents have not. You shut down Smith and Higgins kills you. You try to shut down Higgins and Vice Versa.

Go Cats!!

(By the way, I wouldn't be rooting for the non-Montanan'a were it not for Booby!!)

CFallsGriz
December 2nd, 2008, 10:00 PM
I never made any excuses about how we lost. We got beat by the better team that day.

But now, we have a chance to show you that we're a lot better. I'll go ahead and counter Native's little throwdown with this:

If Montana doesn't commit a turnover, they'll walk away with a win. xpeacex

It's great to finally see Mt. guys on both sides of the mountains lining up to back the Mt. team that's in it.

If the kitty-cats were in it, had beaten UM, I would totally back MSU.

The way it should be. Props to Cat fan (Bobcat, that is).xthumbsupx

uofmman1122
December 2nd, 2008, 10:02 PM
It's great to finally see Mt. guys on both sides of the mountains lining up to back the Mt. team that's in it.

If the kitty-cats were in it, had beaten UM, I would totally back MSU.

The way it should be. Props to Cat fan (Bobcat, that is).xthumbsupxI really hope you're not referring to me....

CFallsGriz
December 2nd, 2008, 10:04 PM
If Cole plays like he did in the last 2 first halves against successive Bobcats, Weber wins big. I also think Chase might wear down a little after two big games and a ton of carries. He is only a pup at this point in his career.

Secondly, Weber has the balanced attack that the Griz' most recent opponents have not. You shut down Smith and Higgins kills you. You try to shut down Higgins and Vice Versa.

Go Cats!!

(By the way, I wouldn't be rooting for the non-Montanan'a were it not for Booby!!)

I have to amend my previous post: MOST Mt. guys.

Sorry you don't like BH, but it's not a logical reason by itself to pick against UM. IMO, if you're a real MT. (not UM) football guy, you're pulling for any Mt. team to represent.

CFallsGriz
December 2nd, 2008, 10:05 PM
I really hope you're not referring to me....

Nope.

uofmman1122
December 2nd, 2008, 10:07 PM
Nope.Just checking. xlolx

hawkssb04
December 2nd, 2008, 10:08 PM
I'm implying that it's just as good. Find me a better tandem in FCS than Mariani and Ferriter and I'll leave it at that.

It's not even close to just as good. While Mariani is a great receiver, Montana's receiving corps doesnt even compare to WSU. The only reason WSU's top WR's dont have more TD catches is because their stud running back Trevyn Smith pumps them all in on the ground, not to mention grabbing 7 through the air as well (which Reynolds hasn't done).

MONTANA:
Mariani: 1,058 yds 15 tds
Ferriter: 787 yds 9 tds
Palmer: 249 yds 2 tds
Pfahler: 210 yds 0 tds
Schulte: 176 yds 1 td

WEBER STATE:
Toone: 1,429 yds 7 tds
Nakamura: 716 yds 10 tds
Phillips: 690 yds 6 tds
Smith: 649 yds 7 tds
Eteuati: 490 yds 5 tds

You can't argue with numbers....xrulesx

Grizalltheway
December 2nd, 2008, 10:10 PM

Go Cats!!

Then how did EWU's swiss cheese defense do it? xconfusedx

gbhmt
December 2nd, 2008, 10:11 PM
It's not even close to just as good. While Mariani is a great receiver, Montana's receiving corps doesnt even compare to WSU. The only reason WSU's top WR's dont have more TD catches is because their stud running back Trevyn Smith pumps them all in on the ground, not to mention grabbing 7 through the air as well (which Reynolds hasn't done).

MONTANA:
Mariani: 1,058 yds 15 tds
Ferriter: 787 yds 9 tds
Palmer: 249 yds 2 tds
Pfahler: 210 yds 0 tds
Schulte: 176 yds 1 td

WEBER STATE:
Toone: 1,429 yds 7 tds
Nakamura: 716 yds 10 tds
Phillips: 690 yds 6 tds
Smith: 649 yds 7 tds
Eteuati: 490 yds 5 tds

You can't argue with numbers....xrulesx

Even though Montana has one more rushing touchdown than Weber?xconfusedx

CFallsGriz
December 2nd, 2008, 10:11 PM
AMEN!:)

If it weren't for UM, who the hell would represent? The last 15 years they have made a name for the post- BSU/UI BSC.

I really like the use of the word 'tyranny' there, though.xsmiley_wix

Walkon79
December 2nd, 2008, 10:13 PM
I'm really glad you made that post your sig. When I read the post I thought it was so funny how proud he was of their achievment(or lack there of in my opinion).

You stay classy, GGxmadx xmadx

gbhmt

Go Cats!!

You mean a productive, balanced offense like, say....

Texas Statexcoffeex

Native
I'm implying that it's just as good. Find me a better tandem in FCS than Mariani and Ferriter and I'll leave it at that.

Mariani is barely in the top ten, and this in only one of two Big Sky Conference receiver ranking categories. Ferriter failed to make the cut in either category.

RECEPTIONS/GAME Team Cl G Rec Yds TD Long Avg/C Rec/G
-----------------------------------------------------------
1. Tony Washington SAC SR 8 59 854 7 67 14.5 7.38
M. D'Ambrosio.. PSU JR 8 59 664 8 48 11.3 7.38
3. Aaron Boyce.... EWU JR 8 50 794 9 53 15.9 6.25
4. Aaron Woods.... PSU JR 8 48 807 5 80 16.8 6.00
Jaron Taylor... ISU JR 6 36 453 3 71 12.6 6.00
6. Brynsen Brown.. EWU JR 6 35 534 3 61 15.3 5.83
7. Tim Toone...... WSU JR 8 44 841 5 65 19.1 5.50
8. Eddie Thompson. ISU SR 7 37 496 1 71 13.4 5.29
9. Trevyn Smith... WSU JR 8 41 457 4 32 11.1 5.12
10.Isaiah Burel... ISU SO 6 30 328 0 59 10.9 5.00

RECEIVE YDS/GAME Team Cl G Rec Yds TD Long Avg/C Yds/G
1. Tony Washington SAC SR 8 59 854 7 67 14.5 106.8
2. Tim Toone...... WSU JR 8 44 841 5 65 19.1 105.1
3. Aaron Woods.... PSU JR 8 48 807 5 80 16.8 100.9
4. Aaron Boyce.... EWU JR 8 50 794 9 53 15.9 99.2
5. Brynsen Brown.. EWU JR 6 35 534 3 61 15.3 89.0
6. M. D'Ambrosio.. PSU JR 8 59 664 8 48 11.3 83.0
7. Jaron Taylor... ISU JR 6 36 453 3 71 12.6 75.5
8. Raymond Fry.... PSU SO 6 27 452 2 72 16.7 75.3
9. Eddie Thompson. ISU SR 7 37 496 1 71 13.4 70.9
10.Marc Mariani... UM JR 8 30 504 7 61 16.8 63.0

I Bleed Purple
December 2nd, 2008, 10:17 PM

xrolleyesx

They said to Cameron, "Hey, Cameron. We suck this year. You could throw it right to us and we won't intercept it. We'll let you sit in the pocket and lob it to us. We won't catch it."

Sorry Screamin', just had to go after the absurdity of this statement.

gbhmt
December 2nd, 2008, 10:19 PM
Mariani is barely in the top ten, and this in only one of two Big Sky Conference receiver ranking categories. Ferriter failed to make the cut in either category.

RECEPTIONS/GAME Team Cl G Rec Yds TD Long Avg/C Rec/G
1. Tony Washington SAC SR 8 59 854 7 67 14.5 7.38
M. D'Ambrosio.. PSU JR 8 59 664 8 48 11.3 7.38
3. Aaron Boyce.... EWU JR 8 50 794 9 53 15.9 6.25
4. Aaron Woods.... PSU JR 8 48 807 5 80 16.8 6.00
Jaron Taylor... ISU JR 6 36 453 3 71 12.6 6.00
6. Brynsen Brown.. EWU JR 6 35 534 3 61 15.3 5.83
7. Tim Toone...... WSU JR 8 44 841 5 65 19.1 5.50
8. Eddie Thompson. ISU SR 7 37 496 1 71 13.4 5.29
9. Trevyn Smith... WSU JR 8 41 457 4 32 11.1 5.12
10.Isaiah Burel... ISU SO 6 30 328 0 59 10.9 5.00

RECEIVE YDS/GAME Team Cl G Rec Yds TD Long Avg/C Yds/G
1. Tony Washington SAC SR 8 59 854 7 67 14.5 106.8
2. Tim Toone...... WSU JR 8 44 841 5 65 19.1 105.1
3. Aaron Woods.... PSU JR 8 48 807 5 80 16.8 100.9
4. Aaron Boyce.... EWU JR 8 50 794 9 53 15.9 99.2
5. Brynsen Brown.. EWU JR 6 35 534 3 61 15.3 89.0
6. M. D'Ambrosio.. PSU JR 8 59 664 8 48 11.3 83.0
7. Jaron Taylor... ISU JR 6 36 453 3 71 12.6 75.5
8. Raymond Fry.... PSU SO 6 27 452 2 72 16.7 75.3
9. Eddie Thompson. ISU SR 7 37 496 1 71 13.4 70.9
10.Marc Mariani... UM JR 8 30 504 7 61 16.8 63.0

It shouldn't be about how much your quarterback throws to you. Find me a tandem with more touchdowns. You know, that statistic that pertains to the part of the game that matters, that being the score. He can't have a good per game avg because he doesn't get the touches that those guys do. Tim Toone has the exact same average per catch as Mariani. The only difference between them being that Toone gets more throws and Mariani has twice as many touchdowns.

I Bleed Purple
December 2nd, 2008, 10:19 PM

One more asinine response: How did Weber State shut down Bergquist?

gbhmt
December 2nd, 2008, 10:20 PM
One more asinine response: How did Weber State shut down Bergquist?

He has a habit of doing that on his own. Weber just had the offense to make him regret it.

I Bleed Purple
December 2nd, 2008, 10:26 PM
It shouldn't be about how much your quarterback throws to you. Find me a tandem with more touchdowns. You know, that statistic that pertains to the part of the game that matters, that being the score. He can't have a good per game avg because he doesn't get the touches that those guys do. Tim Toone has the exact same average per catch as Mariani. The only difference between them being that Toone gets more throws and Mariani has twice as many touchdowns.

I think TDs for receivers are overrated for this conversation. Toone had more TDs last year and fewer receptions. Would you consider him better last year than this year?

Most touchdowns happen inside the red zone. Thus more receptions for TEs and HBs in the air and dominating TDs running the ball. Mariani has more big play potential, but aside from that, where do you give him an edge. As an extreme example, would you value a guy with 10 receptions and 10 TDs more than a guy with 100 catches and 1 TD and the two teams as a whole has the same number of touchdowns?

I Bleed Purple
December 2nd, 2008, 10:27 PM
He has a habit of doing that on his own. Weber just had the offense to make him regret it.

AH HA!!!!!!!!

There's my answer to that question then, just switch Weber with EWU.

gbhmt
December 2nd, 2008, 10:28 PM
I think TDs for receivers are overrated for this conversation. Toone had more TDs last year and fewer receptions. Would you consider him better last year than this year?

Most touchdowns happen inside the red zone. Thus more receptions for TEs and HBs in the air and dominating TDs running the ball. Mariani has more big play potential, but aside from that, where do you give him an edge. As an extreme example, would you value a guy with 10 receptions and 10 TDs more than a guy with 100 catches and 1 TD and the two teams as a whole has the same number of touchdowns?

Of course I would! Then I know every time I throw him the ball we'll be six points richer!:D

But as for an honest answer, I know that the reason he has all of those touchdowns is because he can make plays out of nothing. You'd be surprised how few of his touchdowns come from inside the red zone. He's known best for his ability to take a quick slant or a screen pass all the way down the field because of how quick he is and how incredibly aware he is of the field around him. The one thing I marvel at him every time he makes a play is that he catches the ball a yard away from an approaching defender and it's like he's already completely changed his direction before he's caught the ball. That kind of quickness and awareness is apparent when you look at his return game. Throw in a pair of immaculate hands and the fastest 40 on the team and I believe you've got an All-American wideout.

gbhmt
December 2nd, 2008, 10:32 PM
AH HA!!!!!!!!

There's my answer to that question then, just switch Weber with EWU.

Yeah no offense to EWU, but I've never been one to brag about their defense.

Although I will admit, Higgins seems to be less prone to messing up. Bergquist has a little habit, but he generally seems to come through. Now if he could just have another Sac State game...

gbhmt
December 2nd, 2008, 10:34 PM
One of these days (meaning probably over xmas break) I'm gonna take the highlight reels from this year and make a Mariani montage.

Edit: Looked it up and five of Mariani's 15 are from inside the red zone.

Walkon79
December 2nd, 2008, 10:36 PM
I expect everybody that lives outside Montana will be pulling for WSU.

And some of us inside xsmiley_wix

You go, Booby!!!

Good luck, Chase, Marc and the rest of the Montana Kidsxbowx xbowx xbowx

Walkon79
December 2nd, 2008, 10:45 PM
I could care less if you ever root for us, I might consider pulling for you sometime if they get rid of that classless coach you have, but then again, I'm glad you have him there even with his record.

Absolutely. Get rid of the classless AHOLE and we'll come back. I'm cheering for the Montana boys, just not your Jackass coach, who stoops to calling our All American TE Average, and openingly shows hatred to his rival, ON THE AIR!!

No love from this Cat!!

Native
December 2nd, 2008, 10:52 PM
... Find me a tandem with more touchdowns. You know, that statistic that pertains to the part of the game that matters, that being the score. ...

Trevyn Smith 27 TDs + Cody Nakamura 10 TDs = 37 TDs

Chase Reynolds 17 TDs + Marc Mariani 17 TDs = 34 TDs

GrizFanStuckInUtah
I expect everybody that lives outside Montana will be pulling for WSU.

Not me!xnonono2x I don't hate Weber, but if they win this weekend, I might have to dislike them just a little less the the other kitties in the conference. xsmiley_wix

gbhmt

RECEIVING.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 2nd, 2008, 10:53 PM

I didn't know Smith was a receiver xpeacex

gbhmt
December 2nd, 2008, 10:54 PM

Chase Reynolds too!

Native
December 2nd, 2008, 10:55 PM
RECEIVING.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

gbhmt
December 2nd, 2008, 10:56 PM

Really, though. The initial statement was find me a better receiving tandem in FCS.

EDIT:

Native
December 2nd, 2008, 10:58 PM

ALL PURPOSE Team Cl G Rush Rcv PR KR Yds Avg/G
------------------------------------------------------------
1. Aaron Woods.... PSU JR 11 19 1028 13 908 1968 178.9
2. Trevyn Smith... WSU JR 13 1481 649 0 0 2130 163.8
3. Marc Mariani... UM JR 13 12 1058 366 449 1885 145.0
4. D. Crawford.... MSU SR 12 1314 101 0 295 1710 142.5
5. Bryant Eteuati. WSU SR 10 25 490 291 559 1365 136.5
6. Tim Toone...... WSU JR 13 0 1429 61 159 1649 126.8
7. Tony Washington SAC SR 12 17 1279 0 105 1401 116.8
8. JD Ponciano.... ISU SR 11 9 249 0 996 1254 114.0
9. Bryan Hilliard. SAC SO 10 1082 14 0 0 1096 109.6
10.Chase Reynolds. UM SO 13 1218 101 0 0 1319 101.5

GOKATS
December 2nd, 2008, 11:01 PM
Absolutely. Get rid of the classless AHOLE and we'll come back. I'm cheering for the Montana boys, just not your Jackass coach, who stoops to calling our All American TE Average, and openingly shows hatred to his rival, ON THE AIR!!

No love from this Cat!!

I'll third that motion.xnodx As long as Baby Hack is coach I'll never cheer for the griz (I wouldn't anyway, but he puts the icing on the cake). Besides, I think the Wildcats will win this one anyway. Go Wildcats!!!

gbhmt
December 2nd, 2008, 11:02 PM
ALL PURPOSE Team Cl G Rush Rcv PR KR Yds Avg/G
------------------------------------------------------------
1. Aaron Woods.... PSU JR 11 19 1028 13 908 1968 178.9
2. Trevyn Smith... WSU JR 13 1481 649 0 0 2130 163.8
3. Marc Mariani... UM JR 13 12 1058 366 449 1885 145.0
4. D. Crawford.... MSU SR 12 1314 101 0 295 1710 142.5
5. Bryant Eteuati. WSU SR 10 25 490 291 559 1365 136.5
6. Tim Toone...... WSU JR 13 0 1429 61 159 1649 126.8
7. Tony Washington SAC SR 12 17 1279 0 105 1401 116.8
8. JD Ponciano.... ISU SR 11 9 249 0 996 1254 114.0
9. Bryan Hilliard. SAC SO 10 1082 14 0 0 1096 109.6
10.Chase Reynolds. UM SO 13 1218 101 0 0 1319 101.5

Maybe you've just joined in recently, but we've been talking about wideouts.

And any demonstration of Chase Reynolds' effectiveness are missing in season-long stats. He started in the middle of the season.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 2nd, 2008, 11:04 PM
I'll third that motion.xnodx As long as Baby Hack is coach I'll never cheer for the griz. Besides, I think the Wildcats will win this one anyway.

Maybe some Weber fans can get you guys some cheese up in Logan(Cache Valley) on their way up to go along with the whine? xwhistlex

Native
December 2nd, 2008, 11:04 PM
Really, though. The initial statement was find me a better receiving tandem in FCS.

Point well taken! Of course Mariani and Ferriter are an impressive receiving duo. TDs are important, but so are yards per game, receptions per game, yards after catch...

I honestly would not trade Tim Toone for anyone. And I also look at more than just two receivers. xsmiley_wix

...but REALLY though, the initial statement did NOT include the word "receivers," even though your context was clear enough.

Your later statement in another post, about different offensive schemes, is more salient. Mariani and Ferriter can only score touchdowns because the UM offensive scheme places them in a position to do so.

Sometimes very special playmakers like Mariani, Reynolds, Smith, Eteuati, and Toone just make things happen, almost out of thin air, despite the scheme.

I Bleed Purple
December 2nd, 2008, 11:08 PM

Not to try to join in this line, since you (and me really beginning this tangent yesterday) are talking receiving, not all purpose yards, but are we talking receivers as a position, or all players that receive the ball? Question the second, are TDs the only factor into you making that determination about your tandem?

uofmman1122
December 2nd, 2008, 11:11 PM
I'm cheering for the Montana boys, just not your Jackass coach, who stoops to calling our All American TE Average, and openingly shows hatred to his rival, ON THE AIR!!

No love from this Cat!!It's a f&%*ing rivalry. xnonono2x

If Hauck went on the air and started praising ANYTHING about the Cats after whomping their asses, I'd probably throw up.

Congrats on having a classy coach in Rob Ash.

Also congrats on having a coach that if he doesn't grow a spine, will never beat UM. xpeacex

Our rivalry is anything but "nice," and if you want it to start becoming that way, you're going to be sadly disappointed.

I don't care that so many Cat fans are cheering for Weber, I honestly wouldn't expect anything less, but your reasons are all so phony.

gbhmt
December 2nd, 2008, 11:11 PM
Point well taken! Of course Mariani and Ferriter are an impressive receiving duo. TDs are important, but so are yards per game, receptions per game, yards after catch...

I honestly would not trade Tim Toone for anyone. And I also look at more than just two receivers. xsmiley_wix

Yeah well we have so much trouble protecting Bergquist that we're putting on two tight ends and two backs so watch over the pocket! So two receivers is all we can manage!:D

But yeah Weber's receiving corps is certainly more balanced, but it's a matter of preference really. Our receivers tend to be used more for breaking out big plays, and when you've got those two, you don't need much else. I think it fits our offense better. Trade the receiving corps on each team and they would fit in differently. To each his own.xpeacex

Native
December 2nd, 2008, 11:12 PM

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

The thread is more than just about wideouts. xnodx

I like Mariani and Ferriter. I think they are a great pair of receivers, but I would not trade Time Toone and ____ (name any of the other four Weber State receivers with five or more touchdown receptions).

xpeacex

RECEIVING GP No. Yds Avg TD Long Avg/G
-------------------------------------------------
Tim Toone 13 77 1429 18.6 7 65 109.9
Trevyn Smith 13 55 649 11.8 7 57 49.9
Cody Nakamura 13 46 716 15.6 10 51 55.1
Bryant Eteuati 10 44 490 11.1 5 31 49.0
Mike Phillips 13 36 690 19.2 6 62 53.1

MTGrizzFan
December 2nd, 2008, 11:15 PM
No love from this Cat!!

I love it. xlolx

gbhmt
December 2nd, 2008, 11:17 PM
Not to try to join in this line, since you (and me really beginning this tangent yesterday) are talking receiving, not all purpose yards, but are we talking receivers as a position, or all players that receive the ball? Question the second, are TDs the only factor into you making that determination about your tandem?

I believe that the two most important receiving statistics are yards per catch and touchdowns.

It's just a matter of playing styles in this case, really. You guys tend to run more quick slants and short routes with more attempts while we tend to use our receivers to hit them where it hurts, and throw in the usual WR screen. So you'll ask, so why would yards per catch matter then if it works against our short passing offense? Because Marc Mariani is the guy that takes that occasional WR screen and quick slant to the house. He gets big yardage out of plays that were meant to chip away at 1st and 10.

Native
December 2nd, 2008, 11:28 PM
I believe that the two most important receiving statistics are yards per catch and touchdowns.

It's just a matter of playing styles in this case, really. You guys tend to run more quick slants and short routes with more attempts while we tend to use our receivers to hit them where it hurts, and throw in the usual WR screen. So you'll ask, so why would yards per catch matter then if it works against our short passing offense? Because Marc Mariani is the guy that takes that occasional WR screen and quick slant to the house. He gets big yardage out of plays that were meant to chip away at 1st and 10.

Now we are in agreement! I put Trevyn Smith, Tim Toone and Bryant Eteuati in the same category as very special playmakers. xsmiley_wix

gbhmt
December 2nd, 2008, 11:29 PM
Now we are in agreement! I put Trevyn Smith, Tim Toone and Bryant Eteuati in the same category as very special playmakers. xsmiley_wix

You take your raw production of yardage, I'll take my big plays, and let's just both go to the semifinals! Who needs JMU or Villanova, there's enough CAA to go aroundxthumbsupx

Native
December 2nd, 2008, 11:38 PM
You take your raw production of yardage, I'll take my big plays, and let's just both go to the semifinals! Who needs JMU or Villanova, there's enough CAA to go aroundxthumbsupx

I like a few big plays with my raw production of yards, thank you very much!

...So how will I know which tailgate is yours at the "WA GRIZ" ?!?? xeyebrowx

ursus arctos horribilis
December 2nd, 2008, 11:53 PM
I like a few big plays with my raw production of yards, thank you very much!

...So how will I know which tailgate is yours at the "WA GRIZ" ?!?? xeyebrowx

If I am able to send you a pic though pm I will send it so you will know right where a good one is. Real close to the N. Endzone entrance.

Grizalltheway
December 2nd, 2008, 11:56 PM
If I am able to send you a pic though pm I will send it so you will know right where a good one is. Real close to the N. Endzone entrance.

Send that my way, too, if you don't mind, since I'm apparently directionally challenged and couldn't find the damn thing at the UC Davis game.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 3rd, 2008, 12:13 AM
Send that my way, too, if you don't mind, since I'm apparently directionally challenged and couldn't find the damn thing at the UC Davis game.

Can do.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 3rd, 2008, 01:29 AM

xrolleyesx

They said to Cameron, "Hey, Cameron. We suck this year. You could throw it right to us and we won't intercept it. We'll let you sit in the pocket and lob it to us. We won't catch it."

Sorry Screamin', just had to go after the absurdity of this statement.

It's very absurd. Our defense stepped it up more than our offense the second half of the season. Look at the numbers:

Thru the first 5 games, our defense gave up an average of 37.8 points per game and 499 yards. The last 6 games they only gave up 17.6 points per game and 372 yards.

Conversely our offense put up 36.2 pts and 443.2 yards per game thru the first 5, and 23.6 pts and 361.1 yards per game thru the last 6.

Although not excellent, our defense was no swiss cheese the second half of the season. xrulesx

cats2506
December 3rd, 2008, 07:04 AM
It's a f&%*ing rivalry. xnonono2x

If Hauck went on the air and started praising ANYTHING about the Cats after whomping their asses, I'd probably throw up.

Congrats on having a classy coach in Rob Ash.

Also congrats on having a coach that if he doesn't grow a spine, will never beat UM. xpeacex

Our rivalry is anything but "nice," and if you want it to start becoming that way, you're going to be sadly disappointed.

I don't care that so many Cat fans are cheering for Weber, I honestly wouldn't expect anything less, but your reasons are all so phony.

Hauck calling Bostick "average" was classless, since he also tried to recruite him, sounds like sour grapes.

Calling the gang stomping by redshirt freshmen of a student an "altercation" and trying to brush it off after the truth was known was classless.

Allowing JD Quinn free reign to do whatever he wants and still play football at UM is "classless"

I can go on but this thread is about a game. Hauck is classless and has done major damage to your program within the state.

uofmman1122
December 3rd, 2008, 08:06 AM
Hauck calling Bostick "average" was classless, since he also tried to recruite him, sounds like sour grapes.

Calling the gang stomping by redshirt freshmen of a student an "altercation" and trying to brush it off after the truth was known was classless.

Allowing JD Quinn free reign to do whatever he wants and still play football at UM is "classless"

I can go on but this thread is about a game. Hauck is classless and has done major damage to your program within the state.Boo hoo. Bostick has 24 catches for 224 yards and 6 touchdowns. 73 yards and 3 of those touchdowns came against abysmal Adams State. Sounds pretty average to me.

The beating of the kid by the Griz players was terrible, but what did you expect coach Hauck to do? Rob Ash would have done the same thing, as would any coach. It's not his fault they did it, but it's over and done with.

JD's a mean SOB on the field, and protects his players. If you're referring to him giving an earful to that Cat player who trash talked Reynolds after Reynolds knocked the ***** out of him in the endzone, then maybe your guy should have kept his mouth shut.

Like I said, it's a rivalry, and the more Hauck hates the cats, the better. xcoffeex

placidlakegriz
December 3rd, 2008, 08:20 AM

I can go on but this thread is about a game. Hauck is classless and has done major damage to your program within the state.

You're just upset that Hauck owns the cats. To bad, so sad.

cats2506
December 3rd, 2008, 09:29 AM
Boo hoo. Bostick has 24 catches for 224 yards and 6 touchdowns. 73 yards and 3 of those touchdowns came against abysmal Adams State. Sounds pretty average to me.

In 7 games, and 3 of those he had limited playing time.

It is classless for Hauck who tried to recruit a Bostick and lost that recruiting battle even though his home town is Missoula, to call him "average" on the "Bobby Hauck Show" after Bostick had a season ending injury and had been on track to have a All-Conference possibly All- American season, and had FBS coaches that we played against call him a "legitimate NFL prospect".

And then Hauck comes back the next night on his radio show and calls Bosticks backup a "real good player"

Ronbo
December 3rd, 2008, 09:40 AM
There is very few above average TE's in FCS. They usually go play in the highest level of College football. Saying an FCS TE is average is probably a much truer statement than saying they are above average. xpeacex

4th and What?
December 3rd, 2008, 09:52 AM

We'll have an answer for you next week :p

putter
December 3rd, 2008, 10:53 AM

Really? Weber and the Ogden justice system is giving Etuati a pass on his "transgressions"- now that is classless!! The police saying they "couldn't find him on his warrants" - classless.

Don't go getting on your high horse pretending that Montana is this terrible place and "Poor Weber" and MSU with how our coach approaches the real Cat/Griz game. Trust me, Ash doesn't show as much passion because he is not from Montana and has yet to really settle into the rivalry - Hauck wears it on his sleeve.

Down with the Foe!
December 3rd, 2008, 11:15 AM
Looks like a 2-1 margin for the Griz. (the vote)

That's about the margin of victory I'm hoping to see the Griz win this one by as well.

Big Big Big Day!!!

ursus arctos horribilis
December 3rd, 2008, 11:38 AM
Really? Weber and the Ogden justice system is giving Etuati a pass on his "transgressions"- now that is classless!! The police saying they "couldn't find him on his warrants" - classless.

Don't go getting on your high horse pretending that Montana is this terrible place and "Poor Weber" with how our coach approaches the real Cat/Griz game. Trust me, Ash doesn't show as much passion because he is not from Montana and has yet to really settle into the rivalry - Hauck wears it on his sleeve.

I think you nailed it there putter with the fact that the MSU fans are pissed at their own coach because he treats the Griz/Cat game as if it's just another game. Hauck has an undying passion about the rivalry and the Cats are second fiddle in that regard as well. They just can't win.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 3rd, 2008, 11:42 AM
Looks like a 2-1 margin for the Griz. (the vote)

That's about the margin of victory I'm hoping to see the Griz win this one by as well.

Big Big Big Day!!!

Please don't do any more math on this thread. It does not inspire confidence in the math dept. at U of M.

GOKATS
December 3rd, 2008, 12:22 PM
Don't go getting on your high horse pretending that Montana is this terrible place and "Poor Weber" and MSU with how our coach approaches the real Cat/Griz game. Trust me, Ash doesn't show as much passion because he is not from Montana and has yet to really settle into the rivalry - Hauck wears it on his sleeve.

I think Hauck displays a lack of class as a head coach that even embarrasses good griz friends of mine, but the fact that he hates the Cats and 'wears it on his sleeve' doesn't bother me a bit. I'm also from Montana and I hate the griz and 'wear it on my sleeve', so don't call me out when I root for your opponent because I never have and never will root for the griz. It's a rivalry- accept it.

Grizaholic17
December 3rd, 2008, 12:30 PM
I think Hauck displays a lack of class as a head coach that even embarrasses good griz friends of mine, but the fact that he hates the Cats and 'wears it on his sleeve' doesn't bother me a bit. I'm also from Montana and I hate the griz and 'wear it on my sleeve', so don't call me out when I root for your opponent because I never have and never will root for the griz. It's a rivalry- accept it.

I like Hauck, but he does like the spot light a little more than he should. But he runs a tight tight tight ship with little room for error. One of the best Montana has seen. xtwocentsx

AZGrizFan
December 3rd, 2008, 12:44 PM

Agreed. xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

Cat fans suck. Unless they're buyin' the beer. :D

GOKATS
December 3rd, 2008, 01:03 PM

And I will readily buy most griz fans (even though they suck) a cold one.xbeerchugx

Screamin_Eagle174
December 3rd, 2008, 01:30 PM
Please don't do any more math on this thread. It does not inspire confidence in the math dept. at U of M.

cats2506
December 3rd, 2008, 05:29 PM
And I will readily buy most griz fans (even though they suck) a cold one.xbeerchugx

Just dont let them sit on the furniture

ursus arctos horribilis
December 3rd, 2008, 05:48 PM
Just dont let them sit on the furniture

Don't worry dude the sybian's all yours.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 3rd, 2008, 06:16 PM
Is anybody gonna catch IBP by the weekend? Today's totals:

I Bleed Purple 45
gbhmt 35
Screamin_Eagle174 29
cats2506 22
Native 20
ursus arctos horribilis 18
uofmman1122 15
GrizFanStuckInUtah 13
GolfingGriz 10
BCS Sucks 9

Grizzaholic
December 3rd, 2008, 06:19 PM

I Bleed Purple 45
gbhmt 35
Screamin_Eagle174 29
cats2506 22
Native 20
uofmman1122 15
GrizFanStuckInUtah 13
GolfingGriz 10
BCS Sucks 9

I take it, it is a posting thing? If only it was Weber St vs UNH. Then we would have a good challenge.

mvemjsunpx
December 3rd, 2008, 06:20 PM
I like Hauck, but he does like the spot light a little more than he should. But he runs a tight tight tight ship with little room for error. One of the best Montana has seen. xtwocentsx

Hauck likes the spotlight? Since when? Unlike Glenn, I don't remember a single local ad featuring Hauck (other than charity-type stuff). Hauck also seems to disdain the media & also seems to avoid talking to them whenever he can get away with it.

Hauck's an arrogant SOB (in a good way), but he's nothing close to a spotlight seeker.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 3rd, 2008, 06:27 PM
I take it, it is a posting thing? If only it was Weber St vs UNH. Then we would have a good challenge.

Yeah it's the # of posts so far on this thread by each user.

I Bleed Purple
December 3rd, 2008, 06:56 PM
I'm more concerned about Screamin's post count. He doesn't have a rooting interest.

I Bleed Purple
December 3rd, 2008, 07:06 PM
And man, we've had noWEBERvs. Montana posts in the past couple pages. You'd think a game thread would have that or something.

Etuati plead to misdemeanors, by the way. No felonies.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 3rd, 2008, 07:10 PM
I'm more concerned about Screamin's post count. He doesn't have a rooting interest.

Yeah he's a motivated young man. What's even funnier to me is that there is only one MT poster in the top 5 or 6.

gbhmt
December 3rd, 2008, 07:10 PM
Yeah he's a motivated young man. What's even funnier to me is that there is only one MT poster in the top 5 or 6.

REPRESENTxthumbsupx

Screamin_Eagle174
December 3rd, 2008, 07:22 PM

What are you talkin' bout mayne? I'm rootin' for Weber... I want Edub to be the only FCS team to have beaten the national champs xthumbsupx xlolx xnodx

Indeed sir. I mean, EWU's season was over only a couple weeks into October. What else am I going to do besides play poker? :D

Screamin_Eagle174
December 3rd, 2008, 07:23 PM

I Bleed Purple 45
gbhmt 35
Screamin_Eagle174 29
cats2506 22
Native 20
uofmman1122 15
GrizFanStuckInUtah 13
GolfingGriz 10
BCS Sucks 9

Oh yeah.

30 and 31. xrulesx

I Bleed Purple
December 3rd, 2008, 07:24 PM

I have to hold them all off with...um...unreliable backup.

I Bleed Purple
December 3rd, 2008, 07:25 PM
What are you talkin' bout mayne? I'm rootin' for Weber... I want Edub to be the only FCS team to have beaten the national champs xthumbsupx xlolx xnodx

Indeed sir. I mean, EWU's season was over only a couple weeks into October. What else am I going to do besides play poker? :D

Fair enough. I accept such motivation.

I Bleed Purple
December 3rd, 2008, 07:25 PM
Oh yeah.

30 and 31. xrulesx

Post whore.

Hellgate60
December 3rd, 2008, 07:28 PM
It sort of looks like people have run out of things to say about the game. We didn't do a very good job pacing ourselves

MTGrizzFan
December 3rd, 2008, 07:35 PM
It sort of looks like people have run out of things to say about the game. We didn't do a very good job pacing ourselves

I was just reading through the last few pages thinking the same thing.
xlolx

Screamin_Eagle174
December 3rd, 2008, 07:36 PM
Post whore.

I'm easy, and I know it! xrotatehx 32

Screamin_Eagle174
December 3rd, 2008, 07:38 PM

um..... LOUD NOISES!!!

I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!!

Edit: 33

xoopsx

I Bleed Purple
December 3rd, 2008, 07:44 PM
We could talk about Etuati.

I know a certain Griz fan is all up in arms about his participation in this game.

Hellgate60
December 3rd, 2008, 07:47 PM

I know a certain Griz fan is all up in arms about his participation in this game.

How many games did he sit out? I know he played last week against Cal Poly

cats2506
December 3rd, 2008, 07:48 PM

Etuati is small change compared to the guys on their roster IMO

Speaking about legal problems that is.

I Bleed Purple
December 3rd, 2008, 07:49 PM
Three or four. Can't remember.

First game missed was NAU. Came back for EWU, so three I think.

grizbeer
December 3rd, 2008, 07:52 PM
The weather forecast for Saturday is now freezing rain in the morning, then warming up to regular rain in the afternoon. My feeling is that is bad news for Montana, and goods news for Weber. Thankfully Saturday is still 3 days away so there is an excellent chance the forecast is wrong, but if that holds I have a bad feeling about Saturday.

Freezing rain sucks, rain on top of freezing rain is worse. xbawlingx xbawlingx

cats2506
December 3rd, 2008, 08:13 PM
I was at the MSU/WSU game, one of the coldest games I've been to in quite awhile, 20 mile an hour wind, blowing snow and Higgins still was making good passes into it, I was impressed with how they handled the conditions. WSU is a bad weather team.

Native
December 3rd, 2008, 09:49 PM
I was at the MSU/WSU game, one of the coldest games I've been to in quite awhile, 20 mile an hour wind, blowing snow and Higgins still was making good passes into it, I was impressed with how they handled the conditions. WSU is a bad weather team.

So Weber gets a home field advantage by playing in the freezing rain at WA GRIZ? Who'd 'a thunk it?!??? xrolleyesx

Native
December 3rd, 2008, 09:53 PM
Three or four. Can't remember.

First game missed was NAU. Came back for EWU, so three I think.

You are correct. Mr. Purple. Eteuati sat out three games. We didn't miss him at all against NAU. He was a little rusty against EWU, but he did just fiiine at Cal Poly - that last kick return sealed the Mustang's doom.

I have also noticed that our Grizz brethren have not been whining about Eteuati's return. A wise decision indeed. xsmiley_wix

Native
December 3rd, 2008, 09:54 PM
I wish I knew the reference so I could laugh with you....

Aw, heck. Who needs a a reference to laugh with friends? xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Native
December 3rd, 2008, 09:55 PM
45-28 close xsmhx

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Native
December 3rd, 2008, 09:58 PM
Even though Montana has one more rushing touchdown than Weber?xconfusedx

We'll see about remedying the situation this Saturday. xnodx

Native
December 3rd, 2008, 10:05 PM
It's very absurd. Our defense stepped it up more than our offense the second half of the season. Look at the numbers:

Thru the first 5 games, our defense gave up an average of 37.8 points per game and 499 yards. The last 6 games they only gave up 17.6 points per game and 372 yards.

Conversely our offense put up 36.2 pts and 443.2 yards per game thru the first 5, and 23.6 pts and 361.1 yards per game thru the last 6.

Although not excellent, our defense was no swiss cheese the second half of the season. xrulesx

Ditto! Didn't look like no Swiss Cheese to me!

Grizalltheway
December 3rd, 2008, 10:08 PM
We'll see about remedying the situation this Saturday. xnodx

I remember in 2006 when SIU thought they had a pretty unstoppable back coming in to the quarterfinals, but I barely remember his name at this point. xrulesx

UMass' RB, however, I remember quite well. xbawlingx

Native
December 3rd, 2008, 10:08 PM

Hey, do they still have poker tables in the back of the saloons in Montana? xrotatehx ...and I wonder if that little blonde is still... ooops! Just joking, Honey, if you are reading this post! :o

Native
December 3rd, 2008, 10:13 PM
You mean a productive, balanced offense like, say....

Texas Statexcoffeex

Nawww! More like, uh... well, like Weber! The one and only! xcoolx

ursus arctos horribilis
December 3rd, 2008, 10:16 PM
Hey, do they still have poker tables in the back of the saloons in Montana? xrotatehx ...and I wonder if that little blonde is still... ooops! Just joking, Honey, if you are reading this post! :o

We do. And she still is. Just kiddin' Native's honey. Oh I hope that doesn't read as bad as it sounds in my head.

Why does Native's honey sound so dirty to me? You're stil typi

GOKATS
December 3rd, 2008, 10:18 PM

Yep- Lik'r in the front.................poker in the rear.xnodx xlolx

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 3rd, 2008, 11:31 PM
Why does Native's honey sound so dirty to me? You're stil typi

...must....resist....the.....urge.....to.....respo nd...... :D xlolx

Native
December 3rd, 2008, 11:43 PM
...must....resist....the.....urge.....to.....respo nd...... :D xlolx

xwhistlex

Native
December 3rd, 2008, 11:54 PM
If it weren't for UM, who the hell would represent? The last 15 years they have made a name for the post- BSU/UI BSC....

xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

Native
December 4th, 2008, 12:00 AM

Why would someone with a five inch scab full of ooozing pus pick at his neighbor's pimple? xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

LacesOut
December 4th, 2008, 08:24 AM
C'mon Weber!!!!!!!!!

Native
December 4th, 2008, 08:39 AM
C'mon Weber!!!!!!!!!

Yes? xeyebrowx

C'mon and what?!?? xconfusedx

Uncle Rico's Clan
December 4th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Yes? xeyebrowx

I would assume he is throwing his support behind you.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 4th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Yes? xeyebrowx

I hereby remove the "t" from your nick! xsmiley_wix

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 4th, 2008, 01:42 PM
The thread can't fall to page 2 ffs. xrotatehx

Native
December 4th, 2008, 05:33 PM
I hereby remove the "t" from your nick! xsmiley_wix

xdohx

Native
December 4th, 2008, 05:34 PM
The thread can't fall to page 2 ffs. xrotatehx

I am doing my part!

Screamin_Eagle174
December 4th, 2008, 05:36 PM
I am doing my part!

Well step it up. I'm an Eagle fan and I've got more posts on this thread in support of Weber! xlolx

Native
December 4th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Well step it up. I'm an Eagle fan and I've got more posts on this thread in support of Weber! xlolx

Anybody done a count lately? I think I was fifth, but I have posted a bunch of smilies since then!

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 4th, 2008, 05:44 PM

/me smacks Screamin around a bit with a large trout.

MTGrizzFan
December 4th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Anyone know how ticket sales are going? We ordered our usual 6.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 4th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Anyone know how ticket sales are going? We ordered our usual 6.

I was looking online today for curiosities sake and there we still decent tickets available, but it was looking like more had sold. Edge sections along the side still had a few and some east expansion. I hope they sell it out, or nearly so.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 4th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Anybody done a count lately? I think I was fifth, but I have posted a bunch of smilies since then!

I Bleed Purple 52
gbhmt 36
Native 35
Screamin_Eagle174 34
cats2506 24
ursus arctos horribilis 23
GrizFanStuckInUtah 18
uofmman1122 15
GolfingGriz 10
Grizalltheway 9

MTGrizzFan
December 4th, 2008, 05:57 PM
I was looking online today for curiosities sake and there we still decent tickets available, but it was looking like more had sold. Edge sections along the side still had a few and some east expansion. I hope they sell it out, or nearly so.

I hope it sells out too...should be a loud, fun game!

Screamin_Eagle174
December 4th, 2008, 06:23 PM
I Bleed Purple 52
gbhmt 36
Native 35
Screamin_Eagle174 34
cats2506 24
GrizFanStuckInUtah 18
uofmman1122 15
GolfingGriz 10
Grizalltheway 9

BS. xnodx (35)

Screamin_Eagle174
December 4th, 2008, 06:23 PM
BS. xnodx (35)

I should be higher. :D

(36)

Screamin_Eagle174
December 4th, 2008, 06:24 PM
I should be higher. :D

(36)

Go Weber!!! xsmiley_wix

(37)

Screamin_Eagle174
December 4th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Go Weber!!! xsmiley_wix

(37)

2nd place.

(With 38)

uofmman1122
December 4th, 2008, 06:26 PM
/me smacks Screamin around a bit with a large trout.Oh U

Screamin_Eagle174
December 4th, 2008, 06:27 PM

Give me a trout slayer and I'll forgive you.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 4th, 2008, 06:28 PM
By the way, how do we have so many more posts than the Richmond/App thread, yet 5000 less views?

East coast bias sons of Beeeeeyotches!

uofmman1122
December 4th, 2008, 06:33 PM
By the way, how do we have so many more posts than the Richmond/App thread, yet 5000 less views?

East coast bias sons of Beeeeeyotches!Have you been paying attention to the content of this thread much? xlolx (17)

UMStudent
December 4th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Last night, downtown we couldn't remember when Weber entered the BSC, I'd love to get an answer before I go back downtown tonight thank you.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 4th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Have you been paying attention to the content of this thread much? xlolx (17)

What content? xlolx (41)

MTGrizzFan
December 4th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Last night, downtown we couldn't remember when Weber entered the BSC, I'd love to get an answer before I go back downtown tonight thank you.

The Big Sky Conference was established in 1963 by six charter members – Idaho, Idaho State, Gonzaga, Montana, Montana State and Weber State.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 4th, 2008, 06:46 PM
The Big Sky Conference was established in 1963 by six charter members – Idaho, Idaho State, Gonzaga, Montana, Montana State and Weber State.

Gonzaga had a football program!? xconfusedx

Grizalltheway
December 4th, 2008, 07:08 PM

Gonzaga Football-undefeated since 1941!

So says my buddy who goes there. xthumbsupx

KNUTS
December 4th, 2008, 07:08 PM
I Bleed Purple 52
gbhmt 36
Native 35
Screamin_Eagle174 34
cats2506 24
GrizFanStuckInUtah 18
uofmman1122 15
GolfingGriz 10
Grizalltheway 9

Just curious if your counting these updates as a post? Also I had Grizalltheway at 10 posts... I demand a recount!!

MTGrizzFan
December 4th, 2008, 07:17 PM

They had football a long time ago...like the 30's or 40's i think

Gil Dobie
December 4th, 2008, 07:29 PM
They had football a long time ago...like the 30's or 40's i think

Same with Creighton and many other schools .....................

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 4th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Give me a trout slayer and I'll forgive you.

If you have ever been on IRC, you will know the reference I made :) xpeacex

Native
December 4th, 2008, 09:32 PM

Must get mighty boring in those long Montana winter nights, eh? xrotatehx

Wolfman
December 4th, 2008, 11:06 PM
I am amused at the false bravado expressed by these Weber fans who are puffing out their chests because the were able to finally beat Montana for the first time in many years in a rain storm in which Montana uncharacteristically turned the ball over 4 times. The game was played in Ogden.

Down deep inside, they must realize that those 4 turnovers ain't gonna happen again, and they are playing in front of 24,000 lunatic fans who make hearing snap counts and calling audibles nearly impossible.

So, don't start making your reservations to Chatty, Weber dudes. I think you know, but will not admit, that your chances of beating the Grizzlies on Saturday are less than 25%. Oh well, maybe you will beat them next season...... Oh, the game is in Missoula again. We all know that the Webe in Weber means..... Webe losin' to Montana on Saturday.

Grizalltheway
December 4th, 2008, 11:14 PM
I am amused at the false bravado expressed by these Weber fans who are puffing out their chests because the were able to finally beat Montana for the first time in many years in a rain storm in which Montana uncharacteristically turned the ball over 4 times. The game was played in Ogden.

Down deep inside, they must realize that those 4 turnovers ain't gonna happen again, and they are playing in front of 24,000 lunatic fans who make hearing snap counts and calling audibles nearly impossible.

So, don't start making your reservations to Chatty, Weber dudes. I think you know, but will not admit, that your chances of beating the Grizzlies on Saturday are less than 25%. Oh well, maybe you will beat them next season...... Oh, the game is in Missoula again. We all know that the Webe in Weber means..... Webe losin' to Montana on Saturday.

I don't know who you are, or what you've done with Wolfman, but I like the way you think! xbowx

MTGrizzFan
December 4th, 2008, 11:18 PM

well said

Native
December 4th, 2008, 11:24 PM
well said

Deeeeeeeep down inside, I don't think turnovers are required for Weber to beat Montana. Turnovers will be required for Montana to beat Weber.

Montana has a great team and a superb home field advantage. Maybe the Grizz will win. Maybe not. But if the turnovers in the red zone are even, Weber has a better chance of winning. xcoolx

CFallsGriz
December 4th, 2008, 11:32 PM

If you're a real Mt. guy, you root for either University if they're in the show and you're not.

Grow up cat fan.

uofmman1122
December 4th, 2008, 11:55 PM
Deeeeeeeep down inside, I don't think turnovers are required for Weber to beat Montana. Turnovers will be required for Montana to beat Weber.

Montana has a great team and a superb home field advantage. Maybe the Grizz will win. Maybe not. But if the turnovers in the red zone are even, Weber has a better chance of winning. xcoolxStrong words, considering we were up 21-10 until we started practically giving you guys the ball.

If both teams have zero turnovers, your offense won't be on the field long enough to win. xlolx xrulesx

I Bleed Purple
December 5th, 2008, 03:57 AM

Wait, wait, wait. Hauck is coaching this game, right? According to you, that means he'll lose.

Of course, you'll claim you're upset about his recruits, not his results on the field, which is easily proven a lie, as you've been labeled (quite accurately by me {yes, I'm being that egotistical}) as a stuffy upper class booster who wants championship or bust/coach fired. You've said earlier in the season betwixt your bannings that Weber was the better team. Now you're saying Montana is?

Although maybe I should feel relief, you labeled EWU as the better team and they fell on their face, then us, and we lost to EWU, and now UM.

I Bleed Purple
December 5th, 2008, 03:59 AM
Re: Turnovers

One of the four was a fourth down tip that fell into the safety's arms that actually hindered Weber's field position. Interesting how that's left out.

uofmman1122
December 5th, 2008, 06:22 AM
Re: Turnovers

One of the four was a fourth down tip that fell into the safety's arms that actually hindered Weber's field position. Interesting how that's left out.Maybe your guy shouldn't have caught the ball, then. xrolleyesxxlolx

Wolfman
December 5th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Wait, wait, wait. Hauck is coaching this game, right? According to you, that means he'll lose.

Of course, you'll claim you're upset about his recruits, not his results on the field, which is easily proven a lie, as you've been labeled (quite accurately by me {yes, I'm being that egotistical}) as a stuffy upper class booster who wants championship or bust/coach fired. You've said earlier in the season betwixt your bannings that Weber was the better team. Now you're saying Montana is?

Although maybe I should feel relief, you labeled EWU as the better team and they fell on their face, then us, and we lost to EWU, and now UM.

Your blatherings are an obvious attempt to convince yourself that your team can win on Saturday. Down deep inside, you realize that Montana rarely loses ANY Big Sky game, that your team caught them on an off-day, in the rain, causing uncharacteristic turnovers, at home, allowing you to beat them. You know that the likelyhood of that happening again is slim and none. Your team will take their medicine, like so many before who have come into Washington/Griz puffing out their chest.

You will disappear after Saturday when the Grizzlies prove once again why they are in a league by themselves in the Big Sky Conference, and the rest are merely pretenders.

Cleets
December 5th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Your blatherings are an obvious attempt to convince yourself that your team can win on Saturday. Down deep inside, you realize that Montana rarely loses ANY Big Sky game, that your team caught them on an off-day, in the rain, causing uncharacteristic turnovers, at home, allowing you to beat them. You know that the likelyhood of that happening again is slim and none. Your team will take their medicine, like so many before who have come into Washington/Griz puffing out their chest.

You will disappear after Saturday when the Grizzlies prove once again why they are in a league by themselves in the Big Sky Conference, and the rest are merely pretenders.

This is the SMACK forum right..? xlolx
I don't know who will win - but if the Griz start slow (like they sometimes do)
It'll be 21 - 0 very fast

If the Griz D is locked in early this will (or could) be a good game
I have two predictions...

Griz play a turnover free game and solid D
Montana 31 Weber 24

Griz start slow on D and make some mistakes
Weber 45 Montana 28

xrotatehx

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 5th, 2008, 11:01 AM
This is the SMACK forum right..? xlolx

I think it has been pretty civil so far, not sure how it will go with Wolfie back though :D

I do still like this quote:

"I don't want to share a title with anyone, especially Montana," said WSU running back Trevyn Smith. "I just don't like those guys, and that's the bottom line." xrulesx xreadx xoopsx xbowx xsmiley_wix

GOKATS
December 5th, 2008, 12:15 PM
If you're a real Mt. guy, you root for either University if they're in the show and you're not.

Grow up cat fan.

Oh, I'm a real MT guy and well grown up son, and I'll root for whoever I want to and it won't be the griz, ever. Face it!!

GrizDen
December 5th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Oh, I'm a real MT guy and well grown up son, and I'll root for whoever I want to and it won't be the griz, ever. Face it!!

GoKats, how come you didn't end your post with FTG? You did that multiple times last weekend during the live game thread for Montana/Texas State when you and I shared a couple of fun retorts. xthumbsupx

Tailbone
December 5th, 2008, 12:50 PM

Shouldn't you be having a plate of leftover turkey at Crapsville instead of bothering fans of real football teams?

GOKATS
December 5th, 2008, 12:52 PM
GoKats, how come you didn't end your post with FTG? You did that multiple times last weekend during the live game thread for Montana/Texas State when you and I shared a couple of fun retorts. xthumbsupx

I'm saving the good stuff for tomorrow.xsmiley_wix

GOKATS
December 5th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Shouldn't you be having a plate of leftover turkey at Crapsville instead of bothering fans of real football teams?

Actually I'm just throwing my support behind my (Wild)cat friends.

buckp
December 5th, 2008, 01:05 PM
This ol' Cowboy will be wearing his GRIS cap tomorrow....xthumbsupx

Proud Griz Man
December 5th, 2008, 01:34 PM
This ol' Cowboy will be wearing his GRIZ cap tomorrow....xthumbsupx

Did I ever tell you, that you're a good man Buck ???xnodx

cats2506
December 5th, 2008, 02:43 PM

So you are saying that Weber isnt a real football team?

I think that is thats who I'm rooting for that I classify as a fan?

Dont you think that you should see someone about that narcissistic problem that you have

Grizalltheway
December 5th, 2008, 03:42 PM
I think it has been pretty civil so far, not sure how it will go with Wolfie back though :D

"I don't want to share a title with anyone, especially Montana," said WSU running back Trevyn Smith. "I just don't like those guys, and that's the bottom line." xrulesx xreadx xoopsx xbowx xsmiley_wix

In that case, I'm sure the crowd will make sure he gets an appropriate reception. xthumbsupx

BCS Sucks
December 5th, 2008, 04:34 PM

Ya I think he just gave the crowd a targetxnodx xnodx xnodx

cats2506
December 5th, 2008, 04:37 PM
In that case, I'm sure the crowd will make sure he gets an appropriate reception. xthumbsupx

Its a good thing your here, otherwise that griz crowd might be cheering for the wrong team.

psstt - I think Smith expects your crowd to be against him already

Screamin_Eagle174
December 5th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Down deep inside, you realize that Montana rarely loses ANY Big Sky game, that your team caught them on an off-day, in the rain, causing uncharacteristic turnovers, at home, allowing you to beat them.

Deep down inside I think you're just really really confused. xthumbsupx

GO WEBER!

Ivytalk
December 5th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Weber "grills" the Griz in the upset!

I Bleed Purple
December 5th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Maybe your guy shouldn't have caught the ball, then. xrolleyesxxlolx

He shouldn't, and he knew it. Was an instinctual reaction. Behind the play a couple yards, went through receiver's hands right into his stomach.

Griz0383
December 5th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Prediction! montana win by 13 and will win the NC!

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 5th, 2008, 09:35 PM
KJZZ clip, short story from WSU reporter, they should have shown her more, she looked kinda hot :D

http://www.kjzz.com/video/35493163.html?video=pop&t=a

I Bleed Purple
December 5th, 2008, 10:00 PM
KJZZ clip, short story from WSU reporter, they should have shown her more, she looked kinda hot :D

http://www.kjzz.com/video/35493163.html?video=pop&t=a

OMG!!! Bulletin Board material there.

xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

CFallsGriz
December 5th, 2008, 10:07 PM
Actually I'm just throwing my support behind my (Wild)cat friends.

Because they're wild(cats). Hmmm, that makes alot of sense. You must be an MSU grad.

If you can't root for your fellow Montanans after the rivalry game is over, and one of us is in it and it's not you, then you have ego issues.

We're all from Mt., there's only 900-some thousand of us, and we should stick together when it's Mt. v. everyone else.

You must be part of that new generation that's all about ME.

Or maybe you're a transplant that simply chose the wrong side of the mountains.

Despite this new breed of narcissism, I'll still pull for the Cats when it's not UM v MSU.xtwocentsx

elkmcc
December 5th, 2008, 10:08 PM

This ol' elk appreciates the support cbuck. xnodx

Wolfman
December 5th, 2008, 10:14 PM
Deep down inside I think you're just really really confused. xthumbsupx

GO WEBER!

No, down deep inside, you're filled with Griz envy. You kiss our butts constantly, and wish your team could win the big one. If one could give you a penny for your thoughts, he would get change.

elkmcc
December 5th, 2008, 10:24 PM

Whew! For a minute there I thought you were going to say you were abandoning the dark side for the "good guys". I tell ya that was one scary minute.xlolx

Now be off to bobcatcounty. Your buddys are waiting for you to start planning the kitties next 6-5 season.

cats2506
December 5th, 2008, 10:46 PM
Because they're wild(cats). Hmmm, that makes alot of sense. You must be an MSU grad.

If you can't root for your fellow Montanans after the rivalry game is over, and one of us is in it and it's not you, then you have ego issues.

We're all from Mt., there's only 900-some thousand of us, and we should stick together when it's Mt. v. everyone else.

Despite this new breed of narcissism, I'll still pull for the Cats when it's not UM v MSU.xtwocentsx

You gotta be kidding me, you are calling out Bobcat fans for cheering for Weber and then you have the gall to call us narcissistic. Maybe you need to look up the definition, better yet look in the mirror and you will find an example.

Oh, and I'm a 4th generation Montanan, and wont ever cheer for the dark side
FTG & GO CATS GO, WILDCATS that is.

GOKATS
December 5th, 2008, 10:58 PM

As a matter of fact yes I am an MSU alum, as are my two sons (no member of my family going back to the 1800's has ever attended dUMb).

Ego issues, give me a break kid, I was born and raised a Bobcat and I've always hated the griz- it's a great rivalry, deal with it.

Actually I'm not from the new ME generation, I'm from the old MSU generation.

I'm certainly no transplant, but my ancestors were. Dad's side of the family has been in the Gallatin Valley since the 1860's and Mom's side was in the Helmville valley about the same time, so actually we straddled the divide.

I hate the griz, Bobby Hauck hates the Cats! Big deal! Call Bobby and explain to him your thoughts about narcissism.

Go Wild(cats)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

uofmman1122
December 5th, 2008, 11:06 PM

xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

She said MSU and Cal Poly have "similar environments" to the Griz at home.

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

MTGrizzFan
December 5th, 2008, 11:32 PM

Thanks for your support....Lets go get em!!!

clawman
December 6th, 2008, 12:10 AM
In FCS the keys to winning are #1 coaching and #2 QB. The teams are equal on #1 and Weber definately has the better QB.
Weber by 13

BCS Sucks
December 6th, 2008, 12:41 AM
I say griz 24 weber 21 and guess what f*gs wear purple h0m0

I Bleed Purple
December 6th, 2008, 12:50 AM
Purple is the color of royalty...

BCS Sucks
December 6th, 2008, 01:00 AM
Purple is the color of royalty...

No its the national gay color F@G

I Bleed Purple
December 6th, 2008, 01:01 AM
Anyone want to speculate to as how long this fellow lasts?

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 6th, 2008, 01:01 AM

xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

Sorry, the thread was kinda quite xcoffeex

BCS Sucks
December 6th, 2008, 01:04 AM
Anyone want to speculate to as how long this fellow lasts?

Ya i would switch the subject to if i was proven wrongxlolx xlolx

I Bleed Purple
December 6th, 2008, 01:06 AM
Sorry, the thread was kinda quite xcoffeex

You misinterpreted my post. I'm glad you posted that link. There have been some in this thread claiming we've made bulletin board comments. This was a great example of the opposite.

I Bleed Purple
December 6th, 2008, 01:07 AM
Ya i would switch the subject to if i was proven wrongxlolx xlolx

*shrug* I just choose not to participate in juvenile pissing contests.

BCS Sucks
December 6th, 2008, 01:10 AM
*shrug* I just choose not to participate in juvenile pissing contests.

No this is a arguement and you sunshine are losing

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 6th, 2008, 01:11 AM
You misinterpreted my post. I'm glad you posted that link. There have been some in this thread claiming we've made bulletin board comments. This was a great example of the opposite.

I got ya now, the chick was still hot though :D

MTGrizzFan
December 6th, 2008, 08:09 AM
Drive safe everyone. I'm just leaving from Great Falls. It's raining here. The road report looks alittle rough thismorning. Lets go get em!!!!!

HenZoneNation
December 6th, 2008, 08:55 AM
It's to bad the temp is only 31 degrees. If it was much, much colder that would have marked the end of Weber...Griz fans must hate global warming.

Native
December 6th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Today is the day competitive players live for!

A chance to beat Montana TWICE in the same season for the first time in the history of the universe!

A chance to beat Montana AT HOME in the quarterfinals for the first time in the history of the universe!

A chance to advance to the semifinals for the first time in the history of the universe!

So many once-in-a-lifetime opportunities for Weber State University!

These are the lads who can do it! xsmiley_wix

THESE ARE THE LADS WHO CAN DO IT! xsmiley_wix

In their enthiusiasm, our Grizz friends have overlooked the improvements, motivations and talent of our own very young team over the two months since the 4th of October.

Tod
December 6th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Today is the day competitive players live for!

A chance to beat Montana TWICE in the same season for the first time in the history of the universe!

A chance to beat Montana AT HOME in the quarterfinals for the first time in the history of the universe!

A chance to advance to the semifinals for the first time in the history of the universe!

So many once-in-a-lifetime opportunities for Weber State University!

These are the lads who can do it! xsmiley_wix

THESE ARE THE LADS WHO CAN DO IT! xsmiley_wix

In their enthiusiasm, our Grizz friends have overlooked the improvements, motivations and talent of our own very young team over the two months since the 4th of October.

Your enthusiasm is electric! Good luck! And if you win, you'd better win two more, dammit!!!

xnodx xnodx xnodx

cats2506
December 6th, 2008, 10:41 AM
It's to bad the temp is only 31 degrees. If it was much, much colder that would have marked the end of Weber...Griz fans must hate global warming.

Based on games played this season, cold, wet, wind, snow and other bad weather should benifit Weber. teddy bears like sunshine!

Native
December 6th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Your enthusiasm is electric! Good luck! And if you win, you'd better win two more, dammit!!!

xnodx xnodx xnodx

Back at ya, Tod! xthumbsupx

I WANT THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP IN THE BIG SKY TROPHY CASE!xrolleyesx xnodx

Tod
December 6th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Back at ya, Tod! xthumbsupx

I WANT THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP IN THE BIG SKY TROPHY CASE!xrolleyesx xnodx

Yeah! And...Ah..Here it is, literally, just saw Altitude show a short WSU/UM promo! Come on!!!!!

Tod
December 6th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Yeah! And...Ah..Here it is, literally, just saw Altitude show a short WSU/UM promo! Come on!!!!!

I see a ridiculous workout machine, I don't see UR/ASU...