PDA

View Full Version : Who Will Win: New Hampshire at Northern Iowa

Pages : 1 [2]

UNHFootballAlum
December 4th, 2008, 11:09 AM
The weather was great last week and your offense put up 22 points while starting four drives at or beyond mid-field and this week you go up against a better defense. I can see Coulson's rationale for predicting a low-scoring game. xpeacex Just sayin'......

As a team UNH put up 29 points. The game is not about which offense scores the most, its the final score that counts. If we score on speacial teams and defense I will be as happy as if the offense scores. Coulson's pick of a low scoring game based upon history of these games with UNI and how much both teams have scored throughout the season is ridiculous

clenz
December 4th, 2008, 11:13 AM
As a team UNH put up 29 points. The game is not about which offense scores the most, its the final score that counts. If we score on speacial teams and defense I will be as happy as if the offense scores. Coulson's pick of a low scoring game based upon history of these games with UNI and how much both teams have scored throughout the season is ridiculous
Based on recent history with UNI's defense is isn't as asinine as one might assume.

uni88
December 4th, 2008, 11:32 AM
The weather was great last week and your offense put up 22 points while starting four drives at or beyond mid-field and this week you go up against a better defense. I can see Coulson's rationale for predicting a low-scoring game. xpeacex Just sayin'......

Don't you realize that the low point total was due to the crown on the field being so high. xsmiley_wix Or maybe it was the referees? xsmiley_wix

Honestly, I expect another nailbiter with decent amount of points being scored. I expect both teams to come out firing on all cylinders. It will come down to who can disrupt the other's game plan.

Unfortunately, I can't make the game. I have my son's flag football award ceremony on Sunday morning and I had enough trouble trying to get us both back to Chicago after the Delaware game last year (90 miles in 3 1/2 hours before calling it a night).

art vandelay
December 4th, 2008, 11:41 AM
How many points did UNI score on SIU?

clenz
December 4th, 2008, 11:48 AM
How many points did UNI score on SIU?
24 with a KO return for a TD called back.

Mountain Panther
December 4th, 2008, 12:13 PM
24 with a KO return for a TD called back.

And we turned the ball over 5 times. FIVE TIMES.

FIVE

TIMES

ChickenMan
December 4th, 2008, 12:22 PM
UNH will have a very good shot to win.. IF their QB plays well. I expect that UNI will limit UNH's running game and Toman will have to carry the UNH load offensively. Toman is a very capable QB.. but he will have to play much better than he did last week for UNH to get a win. If Toman does play well and UNH protects the ball.. they will have a good chance to win the game.

WrenFGun
December 4th, 2008, 12:27 PM
And we turned the ball over 5 times. FIVE TIMES.

FIVE

TIMES

Clearly shouldn't credit SIU there (though you should surely credit SIU for UNH's offensive troubles, absolutely, definitely, makes sense, no doubt).

Mountain Panther
December 4th, 2008, 12:28 PM
I think it's about time for this again....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJKiW3CMlr8

Here's another one....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxds9AQgdJk

UNI Pike
December 4th, 2008, 12:39 PM
How much, if any, has the UNH offense changed as a result of the switch from Santos to Toman? I get the sense that they are two players with similar styles and capabilities. Yes?

UNI QB situation changed dramatically. Going from Saunders who was a true drop back passer to Grace has really added another dimension to the play calling. It will certainly change the defensive dynamic for the UHN linebackers. I would not be surprised if they run a spy on Grace most of the day.

Chi Panther
December 4th, 2008, 12:44 PM
How much, if any, has the UNH offense changed as a result of the switch from Santos to Toman? I get the sense that they are two players with similar styles and capabilities. Yes?

UNI QB situation changed dramatically. Going from Saunders who was a true drop back passer to Grace has really added another dimension to the play calling. It will certainly change the defensive dynamic for the UHN linebackers. I would not be surprised if they run a spy on Grace most of the day.

And line up the FS 15 yards deep.....

WrenFGun
December 4th, 2008, 12:55 PM

Toman is a better athlete than Santos, but he is not as slippery and is prone to more sacks. Toman was off in his throws last week, but generally, he's been fairly accurate all season. He's a bigger threat in space than Santos because of his natural athleticism. He's not played in a ton of close games this season, though he's manufactured two big drives (For the GW TD against Maine in a blizzard, and for 8 minutes against SIU for the Game Clinching FG).

I think UNI can get 4 to 5 yards anytime they want on a QB draw, but UNH will bear down when it comes to getting into FG range.

I do think UNI has more of an advantage seeing UNH's offense last season than UNH does having seen UNI's, because it seems like UNI's has changed far more.

wildcats86
December 4th, 2008, 06:43 PM
[QUOTE=Mountain Panther;1242603]I think it's about time for this again....

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJKiW3CMlr8]

It's too bad he got caught selling marijuana...

wildcats86
December 4th, 2008, 06:46 PM
I think it's about time for this again....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJKiW3CMlr8

Here's another one....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxds9AQgdJk

It's a shame Gray got caught selling marijuana...

PantherRob82
December 4th, 2008, 06:55 PM
It's a shame Gray got caught selling marijuana...

Gray - Herring, same thing. xthumbsupx

wildcats86
December 4th, 2008, 06:57 PM
The UNI fans seem a little too cocky for me. Let me remind you that UNH had you beat for the most part last year with UNI being a number one seed and UNH making the dance at the last second. Imagine what will happen with UNI as a three seed. Compare stats and use the transitive property all you want to convince yourself you're guaranteed to win, but as Wildcat fan, I have a very good feeling heading into the UNI-Dome.

xnodx xnodx xnodx

Beat UNI

wildcats86
December 4th, 2008, 07:01 PM

Williams made the catch, I stand corrected. I'll do better research next time, thanks for the correction. But regardless, he's still a drug dealer.

PantherRob82
December 4th, 2008, 07:14 PM
The UNI fans seem a little too cocky for me. Let me remind you that UNH had you beat for the most part last year with UNI being a number one seed and UNH making the dance at the last second. Imagine what will happen with UNI as a three seed. Compare stats and use the transitive property all you want to convince yourself you're guaranteed to win, but as Wildcat fan, I have a very good feeling heading into the UNI-Dome.

xnodx xnodx xnodx

Beat UNI

UNH fans seem too cocky. Let me remind you that you are 0-2 against us, and that leading with 00:00 left is what matters. Your post could've said "I'm a moron" and had the same end result.

PantherRob82
December 4th, 2008, 07:16 PM
xnodx xnodx xnodx

Beat UNI

So don't use stats or transative property, but because you almost beat us when we were the one seed, you will win because we are the 3 seed?

UNH fans aren't as stupid as you appear to be. Are you sure you're not MplsBison?xoopsx

wildcats86
December 4th, 2008, 07:24 PM
UNH fans seem too cocky. Let me remind you that you are 0-2 against us, and that leading with 00:00 left is what matters. Your post could've said "I'm a moron" and had the same end result.

Just a tad bit harsh?
I'm just saying that I have a good feeling, and I get a personal attack like this? And I'm not using the transitive property, again, I'm just saying I have a good feeling about Saturday. Call me crazy, but I like our chances...

wildcats86
December 4th, 2008, 07:27 PM
So don't use stats or transative property, but because you almost beat us when we were the one seed, you will win because we are the 3 seed?

UNH fans aren't as stupid as you appear to be. Are you sure you're not MplsBison?xoopsx

It's nice to see that you have as good a character as a small handful of your players who turn to drugs for a little extra cash. You give UNI football a great name.

art vandelay
December 4th, 2008, 07:31 PM

You have to be kidding me all the UNH fans have been doing is asking about tailgating and defending themselves from constant criticism. It is the UNI fans that brought up that they beat Maine by more than UNH did. And its UNI fans that are saying we cant be good without Santos. All UNH fans want to know is where the beer and hotdogs are.xnodx

R3TRO
December 4th, 2008, 07:33 PM
It's nice to see that you have as good a character as a small handful of your players who turn to drugs for a little extra cash. You give UNI football a great name.

Although I agree and understand where your frustration is coming from, its not worth getting worked up over it. They'll stand behind the past and won't budge until they're proven otherwise. Just take their comments with a grain of salt as us fans on a forum cannot win the game.

WrenFGun
December 4th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Neither teams fans deserve a bad rap. No need for personal attacks, fellas.

I don't think either team likes each other much, and I think there is a one-sided dislike by UNH fans of UNI, but UNI has been nothing but receptive to the rivalry, with a lot of fans congratulating UNH for a gutsy effort last season. People are well aware that UNH is capable of providing a game effort. UNI fans should understand that there are few fanbases on this board who get more crap than UNH does, for whatever reason. They're closing in on Montana for the crap they get.

What irks me is simply ignoring what UNH has done offensively all season. UNH has the second best offense that UNI has faced all season. I'd put UNH up against SDSU any of the week. UNI is, however, the first or second best defense UNH has gone up against, up there with 'Nova.

Neither of these teams are getting a lot of respect from the National media. If Appy beats Richmond, the winner of this game will have my vote for making the national championship. If neither 'Nova or JMU make it to the finals, they'll have my vote to win it all, too.

Let's keep it civil.

UNI Pike
December 4th, 2008, 08:00 PM
Many UNI fans would agree that last year, there was little concern about the offense, and much concern about the secondary. The secondary last year was porous all year long. At the end of the season the starting safety was booted from the team (sad, ongoing event) that didn't help. Then we drew games against two of the most potent passing attacks in the nation. Such is life.

This year, I believe that you are seeing UNI fans looking at a team with no glaring weaknesses. The secondary is much improved, the DL is much improved, the OL is close to what it was last year. The running game is improved with the dynamic of a strong running QB. Passing attack has a much stronger arm and many more quality choices in the WR. Kicking game was strong until, cough, cough, last week.

The only source of persistent issues has been kick coverage, though that has been steadily improving. This does play into one of UNH's strengths though.

Playing at home, and having an offense that has added many more wrinkles that UHN has done, in my mind, gives us an advantage. 3-7 points to start with. Heat in the Dome may be a factor also, as I don't think you have seen 75F since July (body heat from the crowd). Take it from there.

I simply hope it is a good game were the zebras are not involved. Everyone stay classy and no injuries.

UNIFanSince1983
December 4th, 2008, 08:09 PM

Okay you are talking about kids who made bad choices who you have never even come close to meeting personally? Classy!

On a side note "The Catch" was made by Montari Leonard who left the team around week 3 this year.

This should be a great game between two of the best teams in FCS for the past 4 or more years. I am worried about UNH, but just as anyone would for their own team I think we are going to win. You are entitled to your opinion or feeling that you guys can pull this out. I just hope for good weather inside the dome xsmiley_wix

Chi Panther
December 4th, 2008, 08:17 PM

Gray would love to be as fast as Herring.xsmiley_wix

UNI Pike
December 4th, 2008, 08:24 PM

Bump

wildcats86
December 4th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Although I agree and understand where your frustration is coming from, its not worth getting worked up over it. They'll stand behind the past and won't budge until they're proven otherwise. Just take their comments with a grain of salt as us fans on a forum cannot win the game.

You make an unbelievably good point.:)

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 4th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Welcome Wildcat86

wildcats86
December 4th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Welcome Wildcat86

Glad to be welcomed, I've been a UNH fan for the past three years and am happy to finally find a forum with people who talk FCS football. Thanks for the welcome.

uni88
December 4th, 2008, 09:11 PM
You have to be kidding me all the UNH fans have been doing is asking about tailgating and defending themselves from constant criticism. It is the UNI fans that brought up that they beat Maine by more than UNH did. And its UNI fans that are saying we cant be good without Santos. All UNH fans want to know is where the beer and hotdogs are.xnodx

Not quite true. The bickering has gone both ways. UNH fans have used SIU as a comparison just as UNI fans have used Maine. Some UNH fans have disrespected SIU by making comments about the refs and how they played their worst game ever and not giving SIU and their defense credit for some of UNH's offensive woes. I and I believe most UNI fans have a tremendous amount of respect for UNH, what they've accomplished this year and in the past 3-4 years.

Neither teams fans deserve a bad rap. No need for personal attacks, fellas.

I don't think either team likes each other much, and I think there is a one-sided dislike by UNH fans of UNI, but UNI has been nothing but receptive to the rivalry, with a lot of fans congratulating UNH for a gutsy effort last season. People are well aware that UNH is capable of providing a game effort. UNI fans should understand that there are few fanbases on this board who get more crap than UNH does, for whatever reason. They're closing in on Montana for the crap they get.

What irks me is simply ignoring what UNH has done offensively all season. UNH has the second best offense that UNI has faced all season. I'd put UNH up against SDSU any of the week. UNI is, however, the first or second best defense UNH has gone up against, up there with 'Nova.

Neither of these teams are getting a lot of respect from the National media. If Appy beats Richmond, the winner of this game will have my vote for making the national championship. If neither 'Nova or JMU make it to the finals, they'll have my vote to win it all, too.

Let's keep it civil.

I don't think anyone is ignoring what UNH has done offensively. With a secondary that had the problems ours did facing a QB as accomplished as Santos we were a little more concerned about the passing game last year. Just because some fans aren't as concerned about UNH's offense because they don't have Santos and our defense is much better doesn't mean they don't respect the offense. Most fans understand that UNH's offense is still very good and is much more balanced this year.

Thanks for the compliment about the UNI defense. Hopefully they show UNH just how good they are on Saturday.

Agree on the respect aspect. If UNH wins I'm cheering for them the rest of the way.

xpeacex

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 4th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Not quite true. The bickering has gone both ways. UNH fans have used SIU as a comparison just as UNI fans have used Maine. Some UNH fans have disrespected SIU by making comments about the refs and how they played their worst game ever and not giving SIU and their defense credit for some of UNH's offensive woes. I and I believe most UNI fans have a tremendous amount of respect for UNH, what they've accomplished this year and in the past 3-4 years.

I don't think anyone is ignoring what UNH has done offensively. With a secondary that had the problems ours did facing a QB as accomplished as Santos we were a little more concerned about the passing game last year. Just because some fans aren't as concerned about UNH's offense because they don't have Santos and our defense is much better doesn't mean they don't respect the offense. Most fans understand that UNH's offense is still very good and is much more balanced this year.

Thanks for the compliment about the UNI defense. Hopefully they show UNH just how good they are on Saturday.

Agree on the respect aspect. If UNH wins I'm cheering for them the rest of the way.

xpeacex

I can not believe uni88 will not be at the game on saturday.
ycUNHf is VERY upset

clenz
December 4th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Williams made the catch, I stand corrected. I'll do better research next time, thanks for the correction. But regardless, he's still a drug dealer.Williams didn't make the catch either. I think a little more research is needed.

Here is a clue, it wasn't Gray, Williams, Hord, Herring, Collins, Oordt, Howard (played TE last year),Lewis, or Law.

uni88
December 4th, 2008, 09:18 PM
UNI fans should understand that there are few fanbases on this board who get more crap than UNH does, for whatever reason. They're closing in on Montana for the crap they get.

Wren, I'm not sure where this is coming from. ycUNHf and UNH_Alum_In_CT are two of the more respected posters on AGS and very deservedly get very little crap (except for ycUNHf's addiction to the PAM thread :) ). I've honestly never noticed UNH posters taking that much more crap than other posters. Maybe I've missed it.

I also wouldn't worry about the Montana fans. They're tough nuts and can give as good as they get.

wildcats86
December 4th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Williams didn't make the catch either. I think a little more research is needed.

Here is a clue, it wasn't Gray, Williams, Hord, Herring, Collins, Oordt, Howard (played TE last year),Lewis, or Law.

Haha touche. The broadcast said it was "Victor Williams".

uni88
December 4th, 2008, 09:30 PM
I can not believe uni88 will not be at the game on saturday.
ycUNHf is VERY upset

I wish I could make it but it wouldn't look good if a coach missed the awards ceremony.

I still owe you a beer! xprost2x

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 4th, 2008, 09:40 PM
I wish I could make it but it wouldn't look good if a coach missed the awards ceremony.

I still owe you a beer! xprost2x

And I will collect!!!

clenz
December 4th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Haha touche. The broadcast said it was "Victor Williams".He also threw out a name that we didn't have on the team last year. That is what happens when a second rate company broadcasts a playoff game for a team they haven't followed or researched all season. So I'll give you a break on it.;)

"The Catch" was made by Montari Leonard.

gocats05
December 4th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Haha touche. The broadcast said it was "Victor Williams".

no it wasnt Victor Williams nor was his last name Williams at all. The broadcaster had no idea what he was talking about

wildcats86
December 4th, 2008, 09:49 PM
He also threw out a name that we didn't have on the team last year. That is what happens when a second rate company broadcasts a playoff game for a team they haven't followed or researched all season. So I'll give you a break on it.;)

"The Catch" was made by Montari Leonard.

:) Thanks for understanding. Unfortunately I couldn't make the game last year so I don't have the first hand experience, but I'll be there Saturday. Also, I apologize for getting so worked up about it.

WrenFGun
December 4th, 2008, 09:56 PM
I'll say it again..couldn't Montari have left the team BEFORE that game?

UNIFanSince1983
December 4th, 2008, 10:03 PM
I thought I had already clarified that Montari was the one making the catch, but two UNI fans apparently don't like to read previous posts xreadx

Just messing with ya guys! xnodx

art vandelay
December 4th, 2008, 11:49 PM

xpeacex

UNH fans disrespecting SIU has nothing to do with UNI fans saying how UNH has no chance. and UNH fans making the SIU comparison was in response to UNI fans making the Maine comparison.

UNI Pike
December 5th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Scuttlebutt is that the crowd will be smaller than last year's. Likely in the 11-13K range unless there is a last minute surge in sales. TV all over the place does put a crimp in the attendance.

UNI Pike
December 5th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Any injuries of note heading into the game?

UNI DB James Craig had an injury that took him out of the Maine game, but I am unaware of what it was.
UNI DL Mark Huygens still battling a separated shoulder at about 80%

Nothing else comes to mind

UNIFanSince1983
December 5th, 2008, 02:07 PM
It is actually Craig James. And do you know why he was playing receiver against Maine? Or any UNI fan know why he was playing WR?

Houndawg
December 5th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Toman is a better athlete than Santos, but he is not as slippery and is prone to more sacks. Toman was off in his throws last week, but generally, he's been fairly accurate all season. He's a bigger threat in space than Santos because of his natural athleticism. He's not played in a ton of close games this season, though he's manufactured two big drives (For the GW TD against Maine in a blizzard, and for 8 minutes against SIU for the Game Clinching FG).

True, as far as it goes, but Toman started at least four drives at midfield or better against SIU and got FGs at best; the offense put up 7 points.xpeacex Just sayin'....

Big Al
December 5th, 2008, 02:19 PM
True, as far as it goes, but Toman started at least four drives at midfield or better against SIU and got FGs at best; the offense put up 7 points.xpeacex Just sayin'....

It almost sounds like we should be more concerned about the defense...

UNI Pike
December 5th, 2008, 02:40 PM
It is actually Craig James. And do you know why he was playing receiver against Maine? Or any UNI fan know why he was playing WR?

Farley was trying to get his playmakers on the field. They had several of the DL players lining up in the jumbo packages the last two weeks.

PantherRob82
December 5th, 2008, 02:53 PM

Craig has been a DB, WR, KR since fall camp. I'm pretty positive he is the fastest player on our team.

PantherRob82
December 5th, 2008, 02:54 PM
If anyone is interested in hanging out with myself and some folks from New Hampshire tonight, PM me your number. Not positive on the time. Yorkcounty said they arrive at 5pm.

Engy0
December 5th, 2008, 02:56 PM
James did something to his quad I believe(but don't quote me on it), It happened on kickoff coverage and he came out on crutches later. I only think it is this because I heard him talking to some of the players and I THINK that is what I heard.

PantherRob82
December 5th, 2008, 02:58 PM

it was a joke arty! it was a carbon copy of the UNH poster i quoted. xthumbsupx

PantherRob82
December 5th, 2008, 02:59 PM

It was a joke. Just like his lame post that I quoted in mine.

PantherRob82
December 5th, 2008, 03:01 PM

agreed :D

PantherRob82
December 5th, 2008, 03:04 PM
UNH fans disrespecting SIU has nothing to do with UNI fans saying how UNH has no chance. and UNH fans making the SIU comparison was in response to UNI fans making the Maine comparison.

who is saying UNH has no chance? I've never seen that.

Houndawg
December 5th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Toman is a better athlete than Santos, but he is not as slippery and is prone to more sacks. Toman was off in his throws last week, but generally, he's been fairly accurate all season. He's a bigger threat in space than Santos because of his natural athleticism. He's not played in a ton of close games this season, thoughhe's manufactured two big drives (For the GW TD against Maine in a blizzard, and for 8 minutes against SIU for the Game Clinching FG).

I think UNI can get 4 to 5 yards anytime they want on a QB draw, but UNH will bear down when it comes to getting into FG range.

I do think UNI has more of an advantage seeing UNH's offense last season than UNH does having seen UNI's, because it seems like UNI's has changed far more.

True, he has. But he also manufactured a total of seven points last weekend in a game where he had at least four drives start at midfield or better. That's got to worry the coaches going into a game against a better defense. Without brilliant special teams play you'd be home bad-mouthing Toman right now.

petethepenguin15
December 5th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Being a Penguin fan I do HATE uni but they are going to win this one.
I'll give them this game but that is it.

petethepenguin15
December 5th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Go UNI, represent the MVC

Mountain Panther
December 5th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Being a Penguin fan I do HATE uni but they are going to win this one.
I'll give them this game but that is it.

HATE is a strong word, especially in all caps. xsmiley_wix

Khan4Cats
December 5th, 2008, 04:28 PM

As someone said he's a playmaker. He may be small, but the Maine LB he laid out on a crackback probably doesn't think so.

He also was recruited to Louisville out of HS as a WR and then converted to DB as a Fr before transferring. He was the favorite target in HS for his QB, some guy name Tebow who played against The Citadel this year.

It's a close contest between James and Herring for fastest on the team.

smcwildcat
December 5th, 2008, 04:35 PM

all UNI fans are the same..... just relax ight itl be a good game

PantherRob82
December 5th, 2008, 06:34 PM
all UNI fans are the same..... just relax ight itl be a good game

you didn't read the rest of the thread, did you?

UNI Pike
December 5th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Spread is UNI -4, O/U @ 48 = UNI 26 UHN 22, right? That seems low.

JayJ79
December 5th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Craig has been a DB, WR, KR since fall camp. I'm pretty positive he is the fastest player on our team.

And he delivers for Jimmy Johns during halftime.
As does Jarred Herring.

UNI Pike
December 5th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Section D, Row 10 seats 10-11. Just in case they are reading.

Ivytalk
December 5th, 2008, 07:14 PM
UNI wins when all the Panther linemen grow a UNI-brow and gross the Wildcats out!:p

UNI Pike
December 5th, 2008, 07:21 PM
UNI wins when all the Panther linemen grow a UNI-brow and gross the Wildcats out!:p

No one shaves during the playoffs

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t6/auroraborealised/hairy.jpg

clenz
December 5th, 2008, 07:30 PM
I don't know what bothers me more. That picture or the fact you knew about/have that picture

ValleyChamp
December 5th, 2008, 08:43 PM
As someone said he's a playmaker. He may be small, but the Maine LB he laid out on a crackback probably doesn't think so.

He also was recruited to Louisville out of HS as a WR and then converted to DB as a Fr before transferring. He was the favorite target in HS for his QB, some guy name Tebow who played against The Citadel this year.

It's a close contest between James and Herring for fastest on the team.

I am pretty sure that James is out for this game. As I heard that he ripped his quad in the game against Maine.xsmhx

igo4uni
December 5th, 2008, 09:44 PM
No one shaves during the playoffs

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t6/auroraborealised/hairy.jpg

Sasquatch!!!!

State Line Liquors
December 5th, 2008, 09:49 PM
It benefits UNH that they've played at UNI before. The initial first 5-10 minutes of the game are difficult to handle because of the arena football atmosphere. The home field advantage more than likely restricts the panther's ability to win on the road in the playoffs. I Won't venture a guess as to who will win this game though.

JayJ79
December 5th, 2008, 10:39 PM
It benefits UNH that they've played at UNI before. The initial first 5-10 minutes of the game are difficult to handle because of the arena football atmosphere. The home field advantage more than likely restricts the panther's ability to win on the road in the playoffs. I Won't venture a guess as to who will win this game though.

the Panthers haven't lost a playoff game on the road since 2003.

Since that time, they are 2-0 on the road, 3-1 at home, and 0-1 at a neutral site.

And yes, the "arena football" atmosphere at UNI is much different than the "high school" atmosphere at UNH. ;op

ValleyChamp
December 5th, 2008, 10:43 PM

I have never heard someone try to spin the Dome as an advantage for the opponent. Now a I have. Nice try though.

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2008, 01:16 AM
. The home field advantage more than likely restricts the panther's ability to win on the road in the playoffs.

as seen in 2005? xrolleyesx

smcwildcat
December 6th, 2008, 01:29 AM
I was at game last year and will admit "zombia nation" for every kickoff was insaneee I had an old guy like 70 flick me off haha

Pantherpower
December 6th, 2008, 06:00 AM
It's nights such as these that I'm thankful (as fans) that we have a dome. The wind is absolutely HOWLING tonight and it was hard to get back to sleep.

nmatsen
December 6th, 2008, 06:56 AM
Flick you off? Is that an east coast thing?

In the midwest we flip people off.

Houndawg
December 6th, 2008, 07:11 AM
Flick you off? Is that an east coast thing?

In the midwest we flip people off.

Flicking off is something you do with a booger.

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2008, 08:23 AM
I was at game last year and will admit "zombia nation" for every kickoff was insaneee I had an old guy like 70 flick me off haha

not as bad as the children under 10 flipping us off in Durham in 2005. :D

UNIFanSince1983
December 6th, 2008, 09:27 AM
It has nothing to do with this game, but I was once given the finger by Herky the Hawkeye. Just another reason I hate the Hawkeyes.

Man still so much time before game time! I can't wait should be a great one!

achrist70
December 6th, 2008, 10:12 AM
It has nothing to do with this game, but I was once given the finger by Herky the Hawkeye. Just another reason I hate the Hawkeyes.

Man still so much time before game time! I can't wait should be a great one!

Herky just scares me I mean what is that it is some weird looking bird that wears shoulder pads, T.C. is by far the best mascot in the State.

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 8th, 2008, 03:15 PM
UNH and UNI have played twice in the playoffs.
Both those games were barn burners.
Why would this game be any different?

I'm very glad I'll be there.

I would have settled for just a little different