PDA

View Full Version : Wofford JMU Gamethread

Pages : 1 [2]

jmuOX581
November 29th, 2008, 04:50 PM
Wofford guys - You can mail my plate of crow up here to me in Wisconsin. Your team has got skill position speed all over the place; wow.

Damn good game Terriers, this match up reminded me of our game with Youngstown in the first round 2 years ago - 2 good teams that played a great game in the first round that arguably should have been played in the 2nd or 3rd round.

good luck next season, and congrats on this past season.

gofurman
November 29th, 2008, 04:50 PM
Great game, great season for the Terriers. Good luck to the Dukes next week, but this SoCon fan is pulling for App the rest of the way.

I love the wingbone - but why does MA THROW on 2nd and 9 (On the drive that got stopped in the very 4 downs that got stopped) to the sideline? Either RUN - 3 runs and you guys will get 9 yards!.... OR , if you HAVE to prove you can throw , dink over the middle where you had found some success. FREAKIN JUST RUN and I can almost guarantee you get the 9 yards for that first down. You were inches (?) short with only two runs to get it.

Sometimes I think MA - and again I love his system - tries to get a little cute.. think App with the deep throws when you were gashing them and tied 14-14

th0m
November 29th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Amen. JMU fans better give that ref a hug and kiss for that one.

As long as we're handing out kisses and hugs, Wofford can send some in the direction of Rodney Landers, when he made some ill decisions that could otherwise have lead to TD's xnodx

WOCO
November 29th, 2008, 04:55 PM
I love the wingbone - but why does MA THROW on 2nd and 9 (On the drive that got stopped in the very 4 downs that got stopped) to the sideline? Either RUN - 3 runs and you guys will get 9 yards!.... OR , if you HAVE to prove you can throw , dink over the middle where you had found some success. FREAKIN JUST RUN and I can almost guarantee you get the 9 yards for that first down. You were inches (?) short with only two runs to get it.

Sometimes I think MA - and again I love his system - tries to get a little cute.. think App with the deep throws when you were gashing them and tied 14-14

My phone started blowing up as soon as that happened with everybody I played with at Wofford. The couldn't stop us and we decided to pass. Why Why Why. Reminded me of app. Got out of character and paid for it

SoCon48
November 29th, 2008, 04:58 PM
My phone started blowing up as soon as that happened with everybody I played with at Wofford. The couldn't stop us and we decided to pass. Why Why Why. Reminded me of app. Got out of character and paid for it

JMU was set up for Woff to run.

WOCO
November 29th, 2008, 05:07 PM
JMU was set up for Woff to run.

Doesn't matter. I played RB at wofford. We didn't check out of a run to pass. That was the call in the huddle. The way that the offense is run now, In 4 plays, we will get 10 yards. Especially in the second half. If we check, it would be to a better run. We need to burn clock and move the sticks, period.

SoCon48
November 29th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Doesn't matter. I played RB at wofford. We didn't check out of a run to pass. That was the call in the huddle. The way that the offense is run now, In 4 plays, we will get 10 yards. Especially in the second half. If we check, it would be to a better run. We need to burn clock and move the sticks, period.

What Woff really needed was to not get hosed by the refs.xnonono2x

That was the call in the huddle. The way that the offense is run now, In 4 plays, we will get 10 yards.

Of course, I thought Ayers was a genius. Guess I was wrong.

At least that mighty CAA power, JMU, didn't hang 70 on your terrierists.

WOCO
November 29th, 2008, 05:14 PM
What Woff really needed was to not get hosed by the refs.xnonono2x

That was the call in the huddle. The way that the offense is run now, In 4 plays, we will get 10 yards.

Of course, I thought Ayers was a genius. Guess I was wrong.

At least that mighty CAA power, JMU, didn't hang 70 on your terrierists.

That spot was pretty nasty.

millwoga1
November 29th, 2008, 05:15 PM
watched game online and surprised to see stats showed JMU outrushed Wofford statistically. Thought JMU was getting better field position and Wofford would have had more rushing yards(because of longer drives). Wofford could not stop the run and it cost them the game. Congrats to JMU and should be a fun game to watch next week with Villanova. Good luck to you guys

SoCon48
November 29th, 2008, 05:28 PM
watched game online and surprised to see stats showed JMU outrushed Wofford statistically. Thought JMU was getting better field position and Wofford would have had more rushing yards(because of longer drives). Wofford could not stop the run and it cost them the game. Congrats to JMU and should be a fun game to watch next week with Villanova. Good luck to you guys

GO NOVA!!!!!!xthumbsupx

jmuOX581
November 29th, 2008, 05:29 PM

Wofford definitely won the field position battle from watching the game. Our ST coverage was pretty bad today. I don't think Woff started any worse than their own 20 on any drive.