PDA

View Full Version : Who will win? Texas St at Montana

Pages : [1] 2

appfan2008
November 24th, 2008, 08:20 AM
Vote and Discuss

appfan2008
November 24th, 2008, 08:21 AM
montana wont go down in the first round at home for the second straight year IMO

slycat
November 24th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Texas State ends the SLC drought in Wa-Griz.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 24th, 2008, 08:51 AM
The Griz are young and have room to improve. I don't think they will want to see a first round exit again this year and will get out early and stay out. I am hoping for a good clean game either way as I will be in the stands watching xnodx

bobcathusband
November 24th, 2008, 08:56 AM
As much as I'd like to say Tx St. gets the upset, I don't think it will happen. It will be a good experience for the team though and a building step for next year since we have alot returning. McNeese rolled up there in '06 and got blown out. I do think though this Tx St. team is a lot better and faster than that McNeese '06 team was. O-line will be key. At points in the game against SHSU Saturday the protection did not look good so that worries me a bit.

El Gato
November 24th, 2008, 09:09 AM
As much as I'd like to say Tx St. gets the upset, I don't think it will happen. It will be a good experience for the team though and a building step for next year since we have alot returning. McNeese rolled up there in '06 and got blown out. I do think though this Tx St. team is a lot better and faster than that McNeese '06 team was. O-line will be key. At points in the game against SHSU Saturday the protection did not look good so that worries me a bit.

The O-Line has been playing well this season, but for some reason BG really seemed to be under pressure quite a bit at the SHSU game. I kind of noticed the same thing to a certain extent at the Nicholls State game as well. Hopefully they bring a more consistent performance against what is possibly the toughest defense they've seen all year.

Ivytalk
November 24th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Montana by 10+.xpeacex

appfan2008
November 24th, 2008, 09:22 AM
Montana by 10+.xpeacex

I agree

TXST_CAT
November 24th, 2008, 09:38 AM
TXST has too many weapons on offense. In the passing game you have to account for all of our recievers Luke, Mishak, Dillard, Gilly, and LaBlanc. In the running game we have six players that could potentially be a running threat. Bush, Zwinggi, Canady, Rivas, Burton, and Toon. Montana's biggest threat might not even make the game. Also our defense has improved tremendously since the beginning of the season and really know how to rattle QBs. xnodx

I predict an upset.

Probably the best way to understand how many weapons we have is to see it yourself. This is the best offense highlight this season.

http://newstreamz.com/2008/10/27/newstreamz-video-extra-texas-state-football-versus-sfa

CopperCat
November 24th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Montana will actually make it out of the first round this year, two scores or better methinks.

UNCBears2010
November 24th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Having seen both teams in Greeley this year, I'm pretty confident in saying Montana will take this one.

bobcathusband
November 24th, 2008, 09:56 AM
The only way to win this game for Tx St. is to run the ball alot with Zwinggi, Canady and Bush. If we have to resort solely to our passing offense it will be a long day IMO. I think the wild card in this game is Travis Bush, offensive coordinator. From the second quarter on in the SHSU game the play calling was spot on and almost everything worked. Also it seems like all season Cam Luke has only been on the field for about half of the offensive snaps during the game. I know the receivers are part of the package the coach is trying to run, but it seems like to win now in the playoffs our best players will have to be on the field the entire game. I just hope nothing is held back.

TXST_CAT
November 24th, 2008, 09:57 AM
I love it. It's like '05 all over again. We had to go through Georgia Southern as underdogs then Cal Poly. If we beat Montana we may get Cal Poly again.xthumbsupx

gbhmt
November 24th, 2008, 09:59 AM
From what I've read so far, it sounds like the Cats are reliant on their run game, and the other Bobcats helped us figure out exactly how to shut that down last Saturday. Griz run away with this one.

McNeese75
November 24th, 2008, 10:01 AM
The key to this game for Tx St is Bradley George. If he performs like he did at McNeese it should be a good game. If he comes in like a deer in the headlights it could get ugly. He has the capability of playing great but if he starts doubting himself and the offense turns into run only, well, it just won't be fun.

placidlakegriz
November 24th, 2008, 10:01 AM
GRIZ by 17

McNeese75
November 24th, 2008, 10:03 AM
I love it. It's like '05 all over again. We had to go through Georgia Southern as underdogs then Cal Poly. If we beat Montana we may get Cal Poly again.xthumbsupx

Yep, but you did that in San Marcos, NOT Missoula and your QB is not a dual threat this year. Like I stated above, BG has to be the man.

TXST_CAT
November 24th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Having seen both teams in Greeley this year, I'm pretty confident in saying Montana will take this one.

You saw a team playing with a back up QB and a defense still being built. Coach Bliel the defensive coordinator did not look at old defensive game film when he put our defense together. Also he was added to the staff late in the summer so he was learning the players strengths and weaknesses as the season progressed. I assure you if that same defense was still on the field we would not be having this conversation right now. xsmiley_wix

TXST_CAT
November 24th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Yep, but you did that in San Marcos, NOT Missoula and your QB is not a dual threat this year. Like I stated above, BG has to be the man.

-Better road win loss record than home this season
-No need for dual threat QB with the Monsters we horses we have in the back field
-Over all this team has more weapons and I hate to say it but maybe even more heart than the '05 team. This team will not take a knee on any team. xnodx

putter
November 24th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Montana gave up 45 to Weber with 2 turnovers inside their 20 (one inside the 5). Poly with Barden scored 28 so the Griz have seen a great running game with Trevyn Smith and Barden is arguably the best receiver in all the FCS.

My concern is with Montana's O. They laid an egg against Wofford last year and had a chance to put them away early when the D got 2 quick turnovers but could not move the ball. If our O-Line decides to smash some heads from play one then the Griz will win by 2 scores. If not, expect another very close game. The last two games the Griz O has not exactly been clicking despite scoring 64 points...

gbhmt
November 24th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Montana gave up 45 to Weber with 2 turnovers inside their 20 (one inside the 5). Poly with Barden scored 28 so the Griz have seen a great running game with Trevyn Smith and Barden is arguably the best receiver in all the FCS.

My concern is with Montana's O. They laid an egg against Wofford last year and had a chance to put them away early when the D got 2 quick turnovers but could not move the ball. If our O-Line decides to smash some heads from play one then the Griz will win by 2 scores. If not, expect another very close game. The last two games the Griz O has not exactly been clicking despite scoring 64 points...

I don't think we should have as much trouble. MSU could stop our run to an extent, which made it easier to cover the pass. However it is very true that Bergquist has had a poor two games.

If Bergy is on, Griz'll win handily, I'd say.

TXST_CAT
November 24th, 2008, 11:05 AM
From what I've read so far, it sounds like the Cats are reliant on their run game, and the other Bobcats helped us figure out exactly how to shut that down last Saturday. Griz run away with this one.

Looked at MSU game and have to say our offense is way different. xwhistlex

catbob
November 24th, 2008, 11:15 AM

I didn't realize giving up 213 yards rushing was considered shutting down. You shut us down inside the redzone, that is for sure. :( But the Cats offense was notoriously one-dimensional and you still couldn't stop Crawford.

I think the Griz win this one fairly easily, but the Griz run D plays a bend but don't break style. You should be able to rip off some big runs but they better go into the endzone, because they have a very good short-yardage run D.

Griz by a couple scores.

Cap'n Cat
November 24th, 2008, 11:25 AM
'Cats in a shocker, 23-20.

bobcathusband
What happened to Mo St. in that game. Looks like you guys had fumbles that were lost. Did that factor big into the result?

GrizNation93
I didn't realize giving up 213 yards rushing was considered shutting down. You shut us down inside the redzone, that is for sure. :( But the Cats offense was notoriously one-dimensional and you still couldn't stop Crawford.

I think the Griz win this one fairly easily, but the Griz run D plays a bend but don't break style. You should be able to rip off some big runs but they better go into the endzone, because they have a very good short-yardage run D.

Griz by a couple scores.

84 of those yards came on one run on the first series. The Griz did a fairly decent job after that. And they kept them out of the endzone.

catbob
November 24th, 2008, 11:38 AM
I agree they did a good job of containing Crawford. I was replying to the statement that the Griz shut our run game down.

Take away that 84 yard burst (since that doesn't count I guess), and he still goes for 119 yards on 25 carries.

We've gone with Palmer in short yardage situation all year, but Crawford looked like one of the hungriest players out there, on either team. I would've given him 40 carries.

Silenoz
November 24th, 2008, 11:58 AM

Griz by a couple scores.

Aside from that first run, I'd say they did a good job with Crawford.

edit: and I see you addressed this later in the thread. Once again I post before reading everything ><

McNeese75
November 24th, 2008, 12:05 PM
-Better road win loss record than home this season
-No need for dual threat QB with the Monsters we horses we have in the back field
-Over all this team has more weapons and I hate to say it but maybe even more heart than the '05 team. This team will not take a knee on any team. xnodx

If BG cannot present a passing threat, you will be in trouble.

I think your Offense is very capable of making this game a horse race. I think their defense is better and will be a big factor. Big Sky defenses always seem to be fast and hard hitting (and it the cold, that fukin hurts xlolx )

BobcatJH
November 24th, 2008, 12:17 PM
At risk of sounding like a homer, if we keep it close early, State has the offense to pull an upset.

Lets face it, we have nothing to lose in this game......

The expectations in Montana are much higher for this game.

McNeese75
November 24th, 2008, 12:22 PM
At risk of sounding like a homer, if we keep it close early, State has the offense to pull an upset.

Lets face it, we have nothing to lose in this game......

The expectations in Montana are much higher for this game.

I agree. Keep it close and anything can happen. And by the way, don't let the Griz start ragging you about the cold and how it will effect the team xlolx . If the game is on Saturday afternoon, the high will be in the mid to upper 30's and unless the wind is blowing, that will be perfect football weather and will not bother the Cats.

Good Luck!

BobcatJH
November 24th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Thanks buddy!

We are going to need it. The Griz look like a well coached team.

KleinTx05
November 24th, 2008, 12:42 PM
The only way to win this game for Tx St. is to run the ball alot with Zwinggi, Canady and Bush. If we have to resort solely to our passing offense it will be a long day IMO. I think the wild card in this game is Travis Bush, offensive coordinator. From the second quarter on in the SHSU game the play calling was spot on and almost everything worked. Also it seems like all season Cam Luke has only been on the field for about half of the offensive snaps during the game. I know the receivers are part of the package the coach is trying to run, but it seems like to win now in the playoffs our best players will have to be on the field the entire game. I just hope nothing is held back.

I agree with this statement ... Look at the past games ...If we get Luke the Ball early and often the offense gets rolling and the role players play their roles to perfection ...When we dont get him the ball our offense is like a deer in some headlights IE SAM HOUSTON/UCA/NW ...games we could have won but Luke wasnt included in the offense.

As far as the game this weekend I think The Cats have to jump out on them early, BG has to trust his linemen and keep his eyes downfeild. Battling adversity could be a factor. We have to settle down and get comfortable in the environment early. The Coach's HAVE TO include LUKE in 75% of the plays.
STRETCH THE FEILD
STRETCH THE FEILD
STRETCH THE FEILD
STRETCH THE FEILD
STRETCH THE FEILD
STRETCH THE FEILD!!!!!!!
MAKE THEM PLAY OUR GAME!!!!!!!

If we can do this i believe the Cats can pull off an upset ...if not it will be a LONG COLD day!!!

gbhmt
November 24th, 2008, 12:43 PM

Griz by a couple scores.

We essentially shut him down after the second series. We blitzed for those two series and he ran all over us. After that, he was completely quiet.

And I'm not saying that TXST runs the same offense as the Cats, I'm just saying that the MSU game showed us that the best way for us to effectively stop the run is to contain, not blitz.

gbhmt
November 24th, 2008, 12:44 PM
What happened to Mo St. in that game. Looks like you guys had fumbles that were lost. Did that factor big into the result?

No. One fumble was a moot point because it was on a 4th down stop, and the drives following the other two fumbles both ended with a turnovers on downs.

KNUTS
November 24th, 2008, 12:58 PM
I agree. Keep it close and anything can happen. And by the way, don't let the Griz start ragging you about the cold and how it will effect the team xlolx . If the game is on Saturday afternoon, the high will be in the mid to upper 30's and unless the wind is blowing, that will be perfect football weather and will not bother the Cats.

Good Luck!

I see people down here in Texas with Carhardts on when it dips below 60 and if it snowing forget it. But you're right upper 30's is beautiful weather for football and for fans to watch, probably see a lot of shorts in the stands if it's that warm.xcoolx

Grizaholic17
November 24th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Bobby Hauck knows he has pressure on him. He knows the fans are not happy with just playoffs. Griz will come out with the big guns early, stiff defense and stunning offense.

Texas State's game will depend on their first few drives.

slycat
November 24th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Bobby Hauck knows he has pressure on him. He knows the fans are not happy with just playoffs. Griz will come out with the big guns early, stiff defense and stunning offense.

xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

The Bobcats can't rely on a comeback like they did with SHSU.

VictorG
November 24th, 2008, 01:21 PM

I think it would help the Griz O a lot if they would come out and have consistant play calling not jumping all over the play book. Come out and establish the running game, or short passing game, or best yet, combo of both which is what we do well. Leave the razzle dazzle in the play book.

Cap'n Cat
November 24th, 2008, 01:23 PM
I think it would help the Griz O a lot if they would come out and have consistant play calling not jumping all over the play book. Come out and establish the running game, or short passing game, or best yet, combo of both which is what we do well. Leave the razzle dazzle in the play book.

Victor!

'Zup, old man??!!

:D :D :D :D

Grizaholic17
November 24th, 2008, 01:33 PM
I don't think we should have as much trouble. MSU could stop our run to an extent, which made it easier to cover the pass. However it is very true that Bergquist has had a poor two games.

If Bergy is on, Griz'll win handily, I'd say.
Attempts Completions Interceptions Yards Touchdown Long
22.................11.....................0....... ......156.........1...........37

Less then stellar for sure. we need his 17 of 19 200+ yard games back.

Torgo
November 24th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Bergquist has had two pretty bad games in a row, he better cut that rust off if the Griz are to go deep.

I'm excited, first playoff game I'll be going to since I had the flu last year.

Texas State's strengths seem to be Montana's strengths...I don't see them coming in and confusing Montana to all hell like Wofford did last season.

SM_Bobcat
November 24th, 2008, 01:36 PM

You have no idea how right you are. This Bobcat team is very much a Dr Jeckel and Mr Hyde team. When momentum gets on their side, the O starts to make big plays, and the defense starts to get the stops on a fairly consistent basis. However, when momentum is NOT on our side, the big plays do not come on offense, and the D is barely even a speed bump for the opposing offense.

Grizaholic17
November 24th, 2008, 01:43 PM
You have no idea how right you are. This Bobcat team is very much a Dr Jeckel and Mr Hyde team. When momentum gets on their side, the O starts to make big plays, and the defense starts to get the stops on a fairly consistent basis. However, when momentum is NOT on our side, the big plays do not come on offense, and the D is barely even a speed bump for the opposing offense.

Momentum is key to any game. But the Griz especially like to have some of it. So do the fans. If the Bobcats can score early and twice...then the fans will quiet down a bit.

MaximumBobcat
November 24th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Something else for you Griz to think about...our coach isn't scared of being aggressive early in the game. We've gone for it on 4th in the 1st quarter a couple of times this season, and IIRC we had a fake punt attempt (successful) in the 1st quarter against Mcneese this season also.

Grizaholic17
November 24th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Bergquist has had two pretty bad games in a row, he better cut that rust off if the Griz are to go deep.

Texas State's strengths seem to be Montana's strengths...I don't see them coming in and confusing Montana to all hell like Wofford did last season.

Wofford didn't necessarily confuse us, it's that the option attack is so hard to stop. It's a repetitive attack that is just hard to stop...even though the first two turnovers did the griz no good. But that is the past. We go for the Bobcats now. A more conventional offense.

SM_Bobcat
November 24th, 2008, 01:55 PM

I don't see Texas State confusing Montana at all. We run what is really a pretty conventional offense although we are at our best when it is a run heavy offense. But we do have two RB's that can take it to the house on any given play, as well as one of the best receivers in FBS football, and a QB that has completed 62% of his passes since the early season struggles.

This is a game that will be largely decided in the first 10 minutes of the game. If Texas State comes out and gets the momentum early, they are a completely different team and will come up with the stops needed on defense to let the offense get a few scores. However, if Montana gets out to an early lead and gets momentum on their side, they are to good of a team to allow Texas State to comeback in the game.

SM_Bobcat
November 24th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Momentum is key to any game. But the Griz especially like to have some of it. So do the fans. If the Bobcats can score early and twice...then the fans will quiet down a bit.

This Bobcat team relies on momentum more that any football team I have EVER seen. When they have mo on their side, the offense is tough to stop and can and will put points up in a hurry. And the stops start to come on D. But, without the momentum, they struggle to move the ball consistently on offense and the D is non-existent.

McNeese75
November 24th, 2008, 02:18 PM
I see people down here in Texas with Carhardts on when it dips below 60 and if it snowing forget it. But you're right upper 30's is beautiful weather for football and for fans to watch, probably see a lot of shorts in the stands if it's that warm.xcoolx

Yeah, but damn, look where you are at. Eagle Pass :D , you may as well be in Mexico xlolx

txstatebobcat
November 24th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Unless it dips below 30 degrees I doubt that the weather is going to be that big of a deal. I think that the crowd and the altitude will have a much bigger effect on how the bobcats play.

txphi592
November 24th, 2008, 02:39 PM
How does Montana elevation compare to Northern Colorodo?

griz37
November 24th, 2008, 02:43 PM

We are at around 3300'

Kabooom
November 24th, 2008, 03:21 PM

Washington-Grizzly Stadium is 3210 feet above sea level.
Nottingham Field @ N. Colorado suts at 4785 feet.xreadx

woffordgrad94
November 24th, 2008, 03:32 PM
The Griz ain't going to lose two straight playoff openers at home.

Bobcat94
November 24th, 2008, 03:42 PM
45-38 TxSt

Griz win the toss, elect to play Defense, Geek'ed up to make a huge run stop.....

Ah Oh xeekx

Play action... touchdown Texas State, first play of the game. Griz try and stay up and fall short.

You want to see a pretty ball, BG's got all the throws...

GtFllsGriz
November 24th, 2008, 03:47 PM
I don't think the weather or the elavation will have anything to do with the outcome of the game. I think the balanced attack and the defense of the Griz will have everything to do with the outcome. Griz win.

Silenoz
November 24th, 2008, 03:53 PM
45-38 TxSt

Griz win the toss, elect to play Defense, Geek'ed up to make a huge run stop.....

Ah Oh xeekx

Play action... touchdown Texas State, first play of the game. Griz try and stay up and fall short.

You want to see a pretty ball, BG's got all the throws...

Or

Colt picks its off and runs it into Bobcat territory. We then run over you with Reynolds for 4-5 plays and score

Or we do the flea flicker and botch it, and then take two straight sacks. You never know!

Bobcat94
November 24th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Or

Colt picks its off and runs it into Bobcat territory. We then run over you with Reynolds for 4-5 plays and score

Or we do the flea flicker and botch it, and then take two straight sacks. You never know!

Ha!! Fair enough. :D

charliej
November 24th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Montana will actually make it out of the first round this year, two scores or better methinks.

Sounds about right.

Mountain Panther
November 24th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Montana

GolfingGriz
November 24th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Montana by atleast 17

DuckDuckGriz
November 24th, 2008, 05:24 PM
One thing that stands out to me:

Southern Utah beat Texas State 34-20 in San Marcos and lost to Montana 46-10 in Missoula.

Yeah yeah that's why we play the games and I for one do not believe in comparisons but that definitely stands out to me. I don't know much about the Bobcats but I am a big fan of the Southland folks so I hope a few of you can make it to Missoula for the game.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 24th, 2008, 05:25 PM
Hopefully Montana wins so that AGS won't have to put up with the Hauck haters that come here after getting banned from egriz. xlolx

GolfingGriz
November 24th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Hopefully Montana wins so that AGS won't have to put up with the Hauck haters that come here after getting banned from egriz. xlolx

No joke. Funny how they are nowhere to be found lately

GrizNation93
November 24th, 2008, 05:29 PM
I think the health of Mark Mariani is going to be huge in this game. he is a game changer (as evidenced by his 2 Punt return TDs the last two games) and will be a HUGE loss if he can't play. That being said, I think the Griz will try to control the clock with Reynolds and Schmidt and hope Bergquist doesn't screw it up.

DuckDuckGriz
November 24th, 2008, 05:29 PM

It's sad when even a GaSou fan can predict this. Wolfie has been absent the last few weeks....Apparently he just couldn't show everyone "the facts" he was talking about.

DuckDuckGriz
November 24th, 2008, 05:30 PM
I think the health of Mark Mariani is going to be huge in this game. he is a game changer (as evidenced by his 2 Punt return TDs the last two games) and will be a HUGE loss if he can't play. That being said, I think the Griz will try to control the clock with Reynolds and Schmidt and hope Bergquist doesn't screw it up.

I totally agree, I think we are still going to see a problem with the offense - but if they get rolling look out.

I predict:

TxSt 13
Mont. 29

GolfingGriz
November 24th, 2008, 05:31 PM

I have a feeling Bergquist will excell in the playoffs. Atleast I really hope so because we won't go far if we don't have his best.

PantherRob82
I hope the 30 voters for Texas State have fully explained themselves.

uofmman1122
Like I said in another thread, if Texas State wants to even sniff a win, they need to play consistently well for all four quarters. If they start to slump even the slightest bit, Montana will capitalize, and it could get ugly.

If the Texas State can keep away from turnovers and execute, we might have a pretty nice game on our hands.

However, I don't think any team whose mascot is a Bobcat can feel good at all going into Washington Grizzly Stadium, especially a week after the Brawl. xlolx

MaximumBobcat
November 24th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Like I said in another thread, if Texas State wants to even sniff a win, they need to play consistently well for all four quarters. If they start to slump even the slightest bit, Montana will capitalize, and it could get ugly.

If the Texas State can keep away from turnovers and execute, we might have a pretty nice game on our hands.

However, I don't think any team whose mascot is a Bobcat can feel good at all going into Washington Grizzly Stadium, especially a week after the Brawl. xlolx

You should have heard our team cheering when they saw we got Montana.

GRIZ ARE GOING DOWN. xnodx xnodx xnodx

DuckDuckGriz
November 24th, 2008, 05:36 PM

I like your spirit Max.

Don't let me down on Sunday. ;)

GrizNation93
November 24th, 2008, 05:37 PM

I REALLY hope the Griz players are aware of this.

BobcatSymphony
November 24th, 2008, 05:37 PM
I went homerish on my pick, but for logical reasons.

On offense, TxSt can be dangerous. Notice I said CAN. We can move the ball sometimes at will on people, and down and distance usually don't factor in to the boys on the field making the plays. If we can run the ball consistently and open up George for the pass to Luke, Rivas, and such, we can be hard to stop. Hard, not impossible, but difficult as would any high powered offense when clicking.

On defense, while we aren't strong, many of our players have made leaps and bounds in terms of their assignments. Last game, we didn't give up the bombs downfield, and had many tipped passes due to the DL clogging up passing lanes. Even had a couple of INTs with a few opportunities for more that didn't get wrapped up. Yes we gave up tons of yards, but when it came down to it, the D held when it was on the line.

EDIT: I've looked at some of the Griz videos, and you guys are impressive. I think our teams may actually match up well against each other. For once I think TxSt has a legit balanced O, so long as KB makes em miss and George gets his chance to place the ball where he wants. Same for Montana, power runs and a good QB, despite his shaky performances. We've lived through that too this season, only ours happened at the beginning of the season.

GrizFamily
November 24th, 2008, 05:38 PM
It's sad when even a GaSou fan can predict this. Wolfie has been absent the last few weeks....Apparently he just couldn't show everyone "the facts" he was talking about.

I love it. Our "Super Fans" actually kept me off the boards most of this year. Can't stand the entitlement whining and bitching. I really don't get it. They actually seem to think by their constant complaining that they make the program better somehow. Try that with your spouse and let me know how that goes for you? Oh wait.......nevermind.

DuckDuckGriz
November 24th, 2008, 05:39 PM
I went homerish on my pick, but for logical reasons.

On offense, TxSt can be dangerous. Notice I said CAN. We can move the ball sometimes at will on people, and down and distance usually don't factor in to the boys on the field making the plays. If we can run the ball consistently and open up George for the pass to Luke, Rivas, and such, we can be hard to stop. Hard, not impossible, but difficult as would any high powered offense when clicking.

On defense, while we aren't strong, many of our players have made leaps and bounds in terms of their assignments. Last game, we didn't give up the bombs downfield, and had many tipped passes due to the DL clogging up passing lanes. Even had a couple of INTs with a few opportunities for more that didn't get wrapped up. Yes we gave up tons of yards, but when it came down to it, the D held when it was on the line.

If there's anything Montana State proved, it's that the Griz defensive line can be pushed around. If you run the ball consistently on us then yes we are in trouble - we have a banged up secondary as well.

However, if you get into a hole early or fail to establish any type of ball movement, our defense only gets better into the second half.

GolfingGriz
November 24th, 2008, 05:40 PM
I REALLY hope the Griz players are aware of this.

Stuff like that doesn't really matter. If thats what it takes to get the team motivated we are in trouble. Luckily we have Hauck as our coach so that wont be a problem.

GrizNation93
November 24th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Stuff like that doesn't really matter. If thats what it takes to get the team motivated we are in trouble. Luckily we have Hauck as our coach so that wont be a problem.

A little extra motivation never hurt.

BobcatSymphony
November 24th, 2008, 05:43 PM
If there's anything Montana State proved, it's that the Griz defensive line can be pushed around. If you run the ball consistently on us then yes we are in trouble - we have a banged up secondary as well.

However, if you get into a hole early or fail to establish any type of ball movement, our defense only gets better into the second half.

DDG, I agree. The problems our O has had this season has been with early failed series. However, if we set the trees on fire like at SFA, we can score score score.

DuckDuckGriz
November 24th, 2008, 05:45 PM
DDG, I agree. The problems our O has had this season has been with early failed series. However, if we set the trees on fire like at SFA, we can score score score.

Yup it's all about how you do in the 1st quarter IMO. Momentum will be key, ask Montana State. That was one of the closest 35-3 games I have ever seen.

BobcatSymphony
November 24th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Yup it's all about how you do in the 1st quarter IMO. Momentum will be key, ask Montana State. That was one of the closest 35-3 games I have ever seen.

I will say this though... Last game we were down through the first, and our O started to pull us back. But the special teams really helped us out. Bush had consistently run the ball back to the 40 or further, including taking it to the house once.

DuckDuckGriz
November 24th, 2008, 05:51 PM
I will say this though... Last game we were down through the first, and our O started to pull us back. But the special teams really helped us out. Bush had consistently run the ball back to the 40 or further, including taking it to the house once.

I'm sure you have all played in front of big crowds before - but if you don't get a jumpstart then they will be on your guys the entire game. The stands are right on top of the field.

Special teams battle will be interesting, especially if Mariani is healthy. I can't tell you how the Griz have been on kick coverage this year, I think Weber took one to the house and that was it.

BobcatSymphony
November 24th, 2008, 05:53 PM
I'm sure you have all played in front of big crowds before - but if you don't get a jumpstart then they will be on your guys the entire game. The stands are right on top of the field.

Special teams battle will be interesting, especially if Mariani is healthy. I can't tell you how the Griz have been on kick coverage this year, I think Weber took one to the house and that was it.

Not doubting/slighting the fans at all. Looks like I'm heading up there to experience the gameday atmosphere. Am very excited. Will pm itinerary to once final decisions are made.

Maroons
November 24th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Texas State ends the SLC drought in Wa-Griz.

How long is the "SLC drought?"

Grizzaholic
November 24th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Not doubting/slighting the fans at all. Looks like I'm heading up there to experience the gameday atmosphere. Am very excited. Will pm itinerary to once final decisions are made.

Make sure you wear your colors when dining, shopping and for sure when at the game. You will be taken care of.xthumbsupx

DuckDuckGriz
November 24th, 2008, 06:04 PM
How long is the "SLC drought?"

Southland Conference at Washington-Grizzly Stadium:

1990: McNeese State (L) 22-45
1994: McNeese State (L) 28-30*
1995: Stephen F. Austin (L) 14-70*
1996: Nicholls State (L) 3-48*
1996: Troy (L) 7-70*
1997: Stephen F. Austin (L) 10-24
2001: Northwestern St. (L) 19-28*
2001: Sam Houston St. (L) 24-49*
2002: Northwestern St. (L) 14-45*
2003: Sam Houston St. (L) 14-38
2004: Northwestern St. (L) 7-56*
2004: Sam Houston St. (L) 13-34*
2006: McNeese State (L) 6-31*

Record: 0-13
Avg. Score: 44-14
* = playoff game

JohnStOnge
November 24th, 2008, 06:05 PM
The Southland's been having a tough enough time as it was and I don't see any reason for a lot of hope for a win by the league this year. I was thinking that Texas State is the weakest team relative to the rest of college football for at least the past 10 years to come out of the Southland into the playoffs. I checked the Sagarin ratings and they are not inconsistent with that belief. Ratings back to 1998 are posted, and the lowest rated Southland team to make the playoffs 1998-2007 was McNeese in 2006 at 147. Texas State goes into this year's playoffs rated at 160.

Now, the historical ratings are based on all the results including the playoffs and Texas State's current rating is based on before the playoffs. If they do beat Montana their rating will go up. But I wouldn't hold my breath on that happening.

Looks to me like a third straight one and done in blowout fashion for the Southland. All I can hope is that the league gets better. But the one team in the league that was really playoff caliber is losing a whole bunch of players including Nathan Brown; so I don't know.

Silenoz
November 24th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Most of those were playoff games too xlolx

Grizaholic17
November 24th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Southland Conference at Washington-Grizzly Stadium:

1990: McNeese State (L) 22-45
1994: McNeese State (L) 28-30*
1995: Stephen F. Austin (L) 14-70*
1996: Nicholls State (L) 3-48*
1996: Troy (L) 7-70*
1997: Stephen F. Austin (L) 10-24
2001: Northwestern St. (L) 19-28*
2001: Sam Houston St. (L) 24-49*
2002: Northwestern St. (L) 14-45*
2003: Sam Houston St. (L) 14-38
2004: Northwestern St. (L) 7-56*
2004: Sam Houston St. (L) 13-34*
2006: McNeese State (L) 6-31*

Record: 0-13
Avg. Score: 44-14
* = playoff game

Awww, those McNeese St. Cowboys, and the 2004 Sam Houston team that had us early in the year...then loses. WHOA.

UMStudent
November 24th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Links
Texas St. vs. SUU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bE3wtpY2-g
Montana vs. SUU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vE-9v1cZZA

Note: We had our secound string QB Selle in for about half the game. Also watch both films in their entirety.

Cat79
November 24th, 2008, 06:31 PM
If Montana's secondary is beat up look out with Texas State. We have tremendous speed at the receiver positions.

Texas State by 7

JohnStOnge
November 24th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Awww, those McNeese St. Cowboys, and the 2004 Sam Houston team that had us early in the year...then loses. WHOA.

Just remember, Griz, Montana hasn't won at McNeese either. Of course they played at McNeese 2002 and prior. It hasn't been the same McNeese since.

Basically, McNeese was really "McNeese" 1991 through 2002. During that time, they were the only Southland Program to really challenge at Montana in that 1994 nailbiter.

But, like I said: It's not the same McNeese now. I hope they get back to where they were, but they haven't been there.

gokats85
November 24th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Griz by 10.

DuckDuckGriz
November 24th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Just remember, Griz, Montana hasn't won at McNeese either. Of course they played at McNeese 2002 and prior. It hasn't been the same McNeese since.

Basically, McNeese was really "McNeese" 1991 through 2002. During that time, they were the only Southland Program to really challenge at Montana in that 1994 nailbiter.

But, like I said: It's not the same McNeese now. I hope they get back to where they were, but they haven't been there.

Both Montana @ McNeese games in Lake Charles were absolute nail-biters, where the Griz had the lead the entire time before the final minutes.

In 1997 UM got a TD to go up 14-12 with 1:16 left before losing 19-14, and in 2002 UM had a 17-0 lead in the 3rd quarter before falling 24-20. Classic games. McNeese went to the title game both of those years. Griz fans always wonder what coulda been had we pulled those out.

BobcatSymphony
November 24th, 2008, 07:52 PM
From another thread:

Well, here's my itinerary for the trip. There are a few others I think either making the same trip or meeting up after the first leg.

FRIDAY, Nov28 Depart McAllen for Las Vegas, arriving at 1005pm

SATURDAY, Nov29 Depart Las Vegas for Missoula, arriving at 1005am

SUNDAY, Nov30 Depart Missoula for Las Vegas, arriving at 1145am
Depart Las Vegas for McAllen, arriving at 825pm

The group I'm meeting with will be staying in LV for the night, then in Missoula to enjoy postgame activities before returning Sunday.

sharkeycox
November 24th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Montana Grizzlies 45

Southwest Texas State 34xcoffeex

BobcatSymphony
November 24th, 2008, 07:59 PM
Southwest Texas State xcoffeex

Ugh... seriously, you had to post that. Still, not as bad as what others like to call us.

BEAR
November 24th, 2008, 08:11 PM
After watching the Cats this year, and having no clue about Montana...I will predict

Texas State 35
Montana 38

A field goal makes the difference. xcoffeex

gbhmt
November 24th, 2008, 09:28 PM
After watching the Cats this year, and having no clue about Montana...I will predict

Texas State 35
Montana 38

A field goal makes the difference. xcoffeex

Well our field goals are far from automatic this yearxsmhx

VictorG
November 24th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Victor!

'Zup, old man??!!

:D :D :D :D

My middle finger and "something else!":D :D

Not much happening! Just stopped in here for a little playoff reading! Lost my taste for BBoard cr$p the past year or so so just sneaking in.

Grizzo's still wears a dress once and a while but he covers his legs more now. Might be some new law, who knows!

Cat79
November 24th, 2008, 09:58 PM
Links
Texas St. vs. SUU
Montana vs. SUU

Note: We had our secound string QB Selle in for about half the game. Also watch both films in their entirety.

That was our second string QB who started against SUU. You will be facing a different QB.:D

GrizDen
November 24th, 2008, 10:10 PM
From another thread:

Well, here's my itinerary for the trip. There are a few others I think either making the same trip or meeting up after the first leg.

The group I'm meeting with will be staying in LV for the night, then in Missoula to enjoy postgame activities before returning Sunday.

Well let me be the first Griz fan to pre-welcome you to Missoula. I won't actually be in town, but I'm sure a few Griz faithful will buy you a beer (or ten) win or loose.xthumbsupx

TXST_CAT
November 25th, 2008, 04:00 PM
PASS SACKS ALLOWED

Rank/Name/Gm/TotalYds/PG

16/Texas St./12 /13.085 /1.08

115/Montana/12 /44.0287 /3.67

PASS SACKS

RankNameGmTotalYdsPG

30/Montana/12 /28.0176 /2.33

62/Texas St./12 /23.0146 /1.92

Tackles for Loss Allowed
Rank/Name/Gm/Solo/Ast/Yds/Total/PG

13/Texas St./12/47/12/199 /53.0 /4.42

96/Montana/12/65/44/364/ 87.0 /7.25

Tackles for Loss

76/Texas St./12/51/34/240 /68.0 /5.67

85/Montana/12/48/32/288 /64.0 /5.33

I say we stall your offense and our balanced attack gives your defense fits allowing us to take more shots at the endzone. If you guys are right about the cold weather making hits hurt more than your QB better be ready for some pain. Our defensive stats are skewed but go ahead and believe we wont be ready. xwhistlex

I say upset.

patssle
November 25th, 2008, 04:06 PM
TXST does have the best chance at an upset because their offense is capable of putting 30 40 50 60 points on the board. You know the defense is bad, the question is what will the offense do? The other question is, which team will show up?

TXST_CAT
November 25th, 2008, 04:15 PM
TXST does have the best chance at an upset because their offense is capable of putting 30 40 50 60 points on the board. You know the defense is bad, the question is what will the offense do? The other question is, which team will show up?

Statistically they may look bad. But they managed to give Bomar fits and really should have had a few more INTs that game. They seam to be able to make plays when the team needs them.

patssle
November 25th, 2008, 04:16 PM
Statistically they may look bad. But they managed to give Bomar fits and really should have had a few more INTs that game. They seam to be able to make plays when the team needs them.

Still gave up 40+ points though, thats bad ;)

TXST_CAT
November 25th, 2008, 04:17 PM
Still gave up 40+ points though, thats bad ;)

With OT and a freebie at the beginning of the game. SAM usually averages 35 per game.

patssle
November 25th, 2008, 04:22 PM
With OT and a freebie at the beginning of the game. What does SAM usually average.

We averaged 33 points, with our own bullcrap playcalling and 2 faced offense (46 points vs. UCA, 16 vs. NWST).

TXST_CAT
November 25th, 2008, 04:38 PM
We averaged 33 points, with our own bullcrap playcalling and 2 faced offense (46 points vs. UCA, 16 vs. NWST).

According to NCAA records you average 35.30

patssle
November 25th, 2008, 04:45 PM
According to NCAA records you average 35.30

I calculated only the SLC.

gbhmt
November 25th, 2008, 06:36 PM
PASS SACKS ALLOWED

Rank/Name/Gm/TotalYds/PG

16/Texas St./12 /13.085 /1.08

115/Montana/12 /44.0287 /3.67

PASS SACKS

RankNameGmTotalYdsPG

30/Montana/12 /28.0176 /2.33

62/Texas St./12 /23.0146 /1.92

Tackles for Loss Allowed
Rank/Name/Gm/Solo/Ast/Yds/Total/PG

13/Texas St./12/47/12/199 /53.0 /4.42

96/Montana/12/65/44/364/ 87.0 /7.25

Tackles for Loss

76/Texas St./12/51/34/240 /68.0 /5.67

85/Montana/12/48/32/288 /64.0 /5.33

I say we stall your offense and our balanced attack gives your defense fits allowing us to take more shots at the endzone. If you guys are right about the cold weather making hits hurt more than your QB better be ready for some pain. Our defensive stats are skewed but go ahead and believe we wont be ready. xwhistlex

I say upset.

I'll paraphrase my response from the other thread. When put into our regular season schedule, TXST's tackles for loss ranking is the middle of the road against UM this year. We do get sacked a bunch. Apparently it doesn't hurt our offense too bad.

UMStudent
November 25th, 2008, 07:51 PM
If you can only beat UNC by 3, and SUU by 14 Im not really worried. YAWN!!!!!

Griz 35
Texas St. 10

WyomingGrizFan
November 25th, 2008, 08:13 PM
I wouldn't be so high-handed in the prediction phase here. Even though SUU did win out 27 Sept 08 over TXST by fourteen, not the other way around. But this is the FCS (I-AA) Play-offs and every team that made it in deserves to be here, as far as I'm concerned.

Besides which, we're going up against a bunch of Texas boys that like to play a good game of football every now and then and all past games are just that, all in the past, what we have here is a new season and all sixteen teams invited are all 0 - 0 at this point. I don't suspect for a minute that mere words are going to intimidate anyone, might rile them up a little so I hold my predictions to a minimum, and hope that the best team wins. I'll have to say this though, I'm guessing that the Griz are going to come out and try and make up for their last two games played in Wash-Griz in the Play-offs, both losses, Massachusetts and Wofford. Both games could have been won and the third times' a charm, as they say. Go Griz!!!!

veinup
November 25th, 2008, 08:25 PM
I wouldn't be so high-handed in the prediction phase here. Even though SUU did win out 27 Sept 08 over TXST by fourteen, not the other way around. But this is the FCS (I-AA) Play-offs and every team that made it in deserves to be here, as far as I'm concerned.

Besides which, we're going up against a bunch of Texas boys that like to play a good game of football every now and then and all past games are just that, all in the past, what we have here is a new season and all sixteen teams invited are all 0 - 0 at this point. I don't suspect for a minute that mere words are going to intimidate anyone, might rile them up a little so I hold my predictions to a minimum, and hope that the best team wins. I'll have to say this though, I'm guessing that the Griz are going to come out and try and make up for their last two games played in Wash-Griz in the Play-offs, both losses, Massachusetts and Wofford. Both games could have been won and the third times' a charm, as they say. Go Griz!!!!

Wise words..

Grizaholic17
November 25th, 2008, 08:27 PM

Griz 35
Texas St. 10

Transitive property doesn't work in football.

bobcatfan06
November 25th, 2008, 08:27 PM
Not saying we are going to win, but if we do, how much crow are you Montana guys going to eat? Just sayin'

Texas State 45
Montana 38

Grizaholic17
November 25th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Not saying we are going to win, but if we do, how much crow are you Montana guys going to eat? Just sayin'

Texas State 45
Montana 38

It's not just Montana Fans. I'm keeping neutral, always do. I do believe we will win though. 38-17

bobcatfan06
November 25th, 2008, 08:31 PM
I think the best thing we have going for us, is it's only going to be mid-30's (not that bad) and Wa-Griz won't be loaded since it's T-giving weekend. We have to get KB, Zwinggi and Rivas the ball.

darussian12
November 25th, 2008, 08:34 PM
the logical part of my brain says this wont be close by my heart thinks we can do it...i just cant come up with a way how :-)...at least by tomorrow ill know if i get to exp it in person which would make for one insane 4 day weekend.

NoCoDanny
November 25th, 2008, 08:39 PM
I've seen them both play live and I'd say Montana by 28.

mtgrizfankb
November 25th, 2008, 08:40 PM
Montana has extreme modivation for this game... and when montana has modivation look out..... NOBODY and i mean NOBODY comes into wa/griz and pushes us around in the first round again. IF weber state wins this weekend too.. THEN you know we are going to come to play next week too.

Grizaholic17
November 25th, 2008, 08:41 PM
I think the best thing we have going for us, is it's only going to be mid-30's (not that bad) and Wa-Griz won't be loaded since it's T-giving weekend. We have to get KB, Zwinggi and Rivas the ball.

Hopefully around 22,000 when all is said and done...that's 22,000 of your enemies. Just sayin.

bobcathusband
November 25th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Anybody still remember that we beat Cal Poly to start off the '07 season with basically alot of the same key players still on both teams? That still seems like lights years ago as everyone had Bobcat fans everywhere predicting playoffs after that game in '07.

I was at that game and the only reason we beat Poly despite having a horrible year overall was because of team speed. Zwinngi and Bush both had about 150 yards each rushing on long runs. The whole game the Cal Poly defense just looked slow compared to our offense.

I think it will be interesting to see how QB Brad George plays in this game. It's been a while since we've seen the BG that gets totally caught in the headlights. In the 4th quarter of the SH game we were still passing when we could have been trying to keep the ball on the ground and run out the clock. Seems like the coaching staff was seeing if BG could deliver the knockout.

Cat79
November 25th, 2008, 10:39 PM

Griz 35
Texas St. 10

We won with our second string QB.

Cat79
November 25th, 2008, 10:42 PM
I've seen them both play live and I'd say Montana by 28.

You saw our second string QB.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 25th, 2008, 10:53 PM
Anybody still remember that we beat Cal Poly to start off the '07 season with basically alot of the same key players still on both teams? That still seems like lights years ago as everyone had Bobcat fans everywhere predicting playoffs after that game in '07.

I was at that game and the only reason we beat Poly despite having a horrible year overall was because of team speed. Zwinngi and Bush both had about 150 yards each rushing on long runs. The whole game the Cal Poly defense just looked slow compared to our offense.

I think it will be interesting to see how QB Brad George plays in this game. It's been a while since we've seen the BG that gets totally caught in the headlights. In the 4th quarter of the SH game we were still passing when we could have been trying to keep the ball on the ground and run out the clock. Seems like the coaching staff was seeing if BG could deliver the knockout.

Cal Poly isn't known for their defense so that isn't all that surprising. Glad to see you hanging your hat on that speed thing. It's gonna be great to see these human dragster's in person! Are these guys all running down in the 4.3's?

darussian12
November 25th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Seems like the coaching staff was seeing if BG could deliver the knockout

which we def didnt and then D let up the play and we played in OT...all ill predict is either a ugly win in favor of the griz or back and forth game with whomever scoring last winning...if the spread is over 10 after 1st everyone that makes it up there just might as we just enjoy the exp of it

CatMom07
November 25th, 2008, 11:20 PM
Zwinggi runs in the 4.3's

CatMom07
November 25th, 2008, 11:33 PM
Links
Texas St. vs. SUU
Montana vs. SUU

From the opening kick-off to 0:00 on the clock in this game our team was totally out of it. They did not come to play and we went 8 - 2 after it. Why not check out say... McNeese or any of the other conference games? You people are stuck on SUU, though some of you are actually checking the rest of the season

Last 2 years the SLC went 1 and out. In 2005 TxSt went to the semis. (getting the same disrespect during that time too even though we were ranked 4th) We didn't play Montana... why?

I'm not here to diss anyone. I won't judge your team because I don't follow your team. I think it will be a good game and have no idea who will win. We'll know Saturday.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 25th, 2008, 11:43 PM
Zwinggi runs in the 4.3's

Only one guy? I think we can match you there. It would be interesting to see how the skill positions line up as far as speed. A couple of our speed guys may not play this game however.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 25th, 2008, 11:52 PM
From the opening kick-off to 0:00 on the clock in this game our team was totally out of it. They did not come to play and we went 8 - 2 after it. Why not check out say... McNeese or any of the other conference games? You people are stuck on SUU, though some of you are actually checking the rest of the season

Last 2 years the SLC went 1 and out. In 2005 TxSt went to the semis. (getting the same disrespect during that time too even though we were ranked 4th) We didn't play Montana... why?

I'm not here to diss anyone. I won't judge your team because I don't follow your team. I think it will be a good game and have no idea who will win. We'll know Saturday.

BS you were getting disrespected during 2005 being ranked 4th. TX ST was highly regarded with Barrick Nealy guiding that crew. The biggest cliché in sports there with the we aren't/weren't being respected. You probably don't want me to turn around the "why" question as to the Griz semi final non match ups with TX ST do you?

darussian12
November 26th, 2008, 12:10 AM
BS you were getting disrespected during 2005 being ranked 4th.

agree there..by playoff time there has to be few people that didnt take notice...and if you get a seed the comitee def respects what you did if no one else did. why to the mont...the geniuses the did the brackets already realized yall suck here the few times youve had to be south and weve sucked the many times weve been north there...why elim one of the 2 biggest draws in the first rnd(this is talking bout 2005 when everybody seemed to come out of the woodwork as a tx state fan...now prob not so much)

CatMom07
November 26th, 2008, 12:11 AM
I know the why. Perhaps this board did not give out the disrespect but I (and others) visited a few that did. Still sticks in my head a bit. Glad you were not amongst them. xpeacex

Wish I could get to this game. I am originally from NE and cold winters but I can't handle those anymore. (Watching the Eagles lose in frozen Philly in January took it's toll) xbawlingx

Guess I got carried away but I can't help defending my team. Can't blame me for that, can ya? xbeerchugx

Big Dawg
November 26th, 2008, 12:12 AM
I'm picking Montana

CrunchGriz
November 26th, 2008, 12:12 AM
You saw our second string QB.

And UM beat SUU 46-10 with its second-string QB. So?

ursus arctos horribilis
November 26th, 2008, 12:25 AM
I know the why. Perhaps this board did not give out the disrespect but I (and others) visited a few that did. Still sticks in my head a bit. Glad you were not amongst them. xpeacex

Wish I could get to this game. I am originally from NE and cold winters but I can't handle those anymore. (Watching the Eagles lose in frozen Philly in January took it's toll) xbawlingx

Guess I got carried away but I can't help defending my team. Can't blame me for that, can ya? xbeerchugx
Nope, I wouldn't blame you for that at all but maybe what you are seeing as disrespect is simply the other side defending their team and it's accomplishments. For instance when we keep hearing about the prolific offense we counter with the prolific defense thing...no disrespect.

Silenoz
November 26th, 2008, 12:30 AM

Because you were fielding your best team in 25 years and we were fielding our worst team of the last 10 years :p

TXST_CAT
November 26th, 2008, 12:45 AM
Only one guy? I think we can match you there. It would be interesting to see how the skill positions line up as far as speed. A couple of our speed guys may not play this game however.

That's our Sr Class I believe we have a true freshman that runs a similar 40 but know one has confirmed it yet.

darussian12
November 26th, 2008, 12:46 AM
Because you were fielding your best team in 25 years and we were fielding our worst team of the last 10 years :p

the truth hurts :-) ...god i better get to make it to mont in a few days...

ursus arctos horribilis
November 26th, 2008, 12:52 AM
the truth hurts :-) ...god i better get to make it to mont in a few days...

Sure hope you can...it'll be much better to say "man am I glad I went to see that game in that atmosphere" than "damn it I can't believe I missed that experience". PM KNUTS as it looked like he might be an easy sale on that trip. I know the guy and he is a pretty easy sale.

TXST_CAT
November 26th, 2008, 12:52 AM
BS you were getting disrespected during 2005 being ranked 4th. TX ST was highly regarded with Barrick Nealy guiding that crew. The biggest cliché in sports there with the we aren't/weren't being respected. You probably don't want me to turn around the "why" question as to the Griz semi final non match ups with TX ST do you?

I recall the "AGS Experts" predicted us to lose against Georgia Southern in the 1st round... you know history and all. xwhistlex

ursus arctos horribilis
November 26th, 2008, 12:53 AM
That's our Sr Class I believe we have a true freshman that runs a similar 40 but know one has confirmed it yet.

Sounds real similar to us but as I said a couple of speed guys may not play in this one.

CatMom07
November 26th, 2008, 12:57 AM
Don't ya just love FCS football?

xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx

ursus arctos horribilis
November 26th, 2008, 12:58 AM
I recall the "AGS Experts" predicted us to lose against Georgia Southern in the 1st round... you know history and all. xwhistlex

Easy to see why some would pick against you in that game though since the experts were probably from Ga. or other SoCon contemporaries (there are a few on this board). If we were to dig that thread up that's what we'd see just like TX ST fans would have been saying they would win it.

TXST_CAT
November 26th, 2008, 12:59 AM
Sounds real similar to us but as I said a couple of speed guys may not play in this one.

Oh he'll play. Look for him, Mishak Rivas. Kid went to State finals in 400m. Only 5'8 at best but plays like he's 6'2 and has the heart of a lion.xnodx
Picked us over SMU. June Jones tried to steal him after he arrived at SMU.:D

darussian12
November 26th, 2008, 12:59 AM
I recall the "AGS Experts" predicted us to lose against Georgia Southern in the 1st round... you know history and all.

the magic of 05 has nothing to do with this year...hell we are lucky to be in the playsoffs this year...05 we were lucky to be seeded...big dif...im just happy to be along for the ride and i cant think of a better place to be riding then to the mnt...

PM KNUTS as it looked like he might be an easy sale on that trip. I know the guy and he is a pretty easy sale.

did so earlier today..havent heard back..i have to have absolute yes;s today cause i cant just skip out on work and not gonna give up 2 days of money on fri and sat for maybees...ughhhhh

ursus arctos horribilis
November 26th, 2008, 01:00 AM
Don't ya just love FCS football?

xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx

True dat homegirl.

CatMom07
November 26th, 2008, 01:00 AM
Do we know what Bush runs a 40 in?

ursus arctos horribilis
November 26th, 2008, 01:03 AM
Oh he'll play. Look for him, Mishak Rivas. Kid went to State finals in 400m. Only 5'8 at best but plays like he's 6'2 and has the heart of a lion.xnodx
Picked us over SMU. June Jones tried to steal him after he arrived at SMU.:D

I meant our lightning bolt may be out.

TXST_CAT
November 26th, 2008, 01:04 AM
Easy to see why some would pick against you in that game though since the experts were probably from Ga. or other SoCon contemporaries (there are a few on this board). If we were to dig that thread up that's what we'd see just like TX ST fans would have been saying they would win it.

Yea playoff are fun and exciting. We're new to this play off stuff but like I said in '05 we're here to stay. I didn't think it would have taken us three years to be back but coaching changes hurt us. Last year we had the talent but our Defensive Coordinator experiment went bad. Our new DC is the real deal. I can't wait to see what h does when he has his recruits on the field. I think Coach Wright is solid also although he is still new to College Head coaching. Only second year as HC.

CatMom07
November 26th, 2008, 01:06 AM
2005 was an excellent team; though the D was still a little weak on the pass. This year's team is different, to say the least. They were picked to finish 6th and in spite of that they played with heart (I know heart doesn't win games) and never gave up; coming out as SLC champions.

I hope I can at least listen to this game. Montana is a team with a winning tradition. We are building ours. I won't argue stats here as they can be deceiving ("stats don't win games" - Brad Wright) Just waiting to see if our guys can hold their own.

Good Luck to both teams.

TXST_CAT
November 26th, 2008, 01:08 AM
I meant our lightning bolt may be out.

I heard Mariani might not be ready to go. Saw him on film and he looks fast. What about Chase?

veinup
November 26th, 2008, 01:13 AM
Chase will be rockin.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 26th, 2008, 01:20 AM
I heard Mariani might not be ready to go. Saw him on film and he looks fast. What about Chase?

Nothing wrong with the running backs and we have another frosh receiver that is very quick as is another wide out in Ferriter. QB is deceptively quick as well. i went and looked up the thread from 2005 and there was actually a lot of GSU guys giving TX ST a lot of respect. I only read the first few pages but it seemed tilted in your direction to me. Here's the link.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5672

darussian12
November 26th, 2008, 01:25 AM
I only read the first few pages but it seemed tilted in your direction to me

only come here periodically and post ever less often(when bobcats do something which is rare)..but yeah on the bobcatfans forum...i can even remember all the trash and really bs that was posted...havent seen any from mnt fans there and none from bobcat fans back or to start it of..all the grizz fans that have actually registered and posted have been nothing but class all the way...more reason ill be pissed if im not there sat

AZGrizFan
November 26th, 2008, 02:01 AM
This poll proves there are 43 people who apparently know nothing about FCS football. xoopsx xoopsx xeyebrowx xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix

darussian12
November 26th, 2008, 02:06 AM
This poll proves there are 43 people who apparently know nothing about FCS football. xoopsx xoopsx xeyebrowx xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix

hence why i stay out of voting in goofy polls...but i would love to see the rationale of how those 43 think we win this game...hell i dont think there are 43 posters here from tx state...theres prob more montana state fans voting for us then tx state fans

WyomingGrizFan
November 26th, 2008, 02:37 AM
I hope I can at least listen to this game.

As I remember correctly, last years' First round I-AA Playoff game against Wofford was televised from Missoula; the year before that I got to see all three games the Griz played in the Play-offs, as well as the Griz-Cal Poly First round game the year before that. So, hopefully there's a consistency here and the game will not only be broadcast on the radio but also televised, at least State of Montana wide; hopefully. If that's the case then there stands a damn good chance of a feed to San Marcos, Texas for a live telecast. Generally depends on a good crowd to begin with I think. If twenty thousand tickets are sold I think they'll televise it.

Missoula always likes to show case their Stadium/atmosphere so if they get a chance to do so pretty good odds I'd say. Stay tuned and check around since I haven't heard anything as of yet but the closer to the weekend the more news may come out.

I've seen pratically all their conference games televised for something like the last ten years or so. I'd be pretty shocked if they didn't televise the game this weekend to tell you the truth.

uofmman1122
November 26th, 2008, 03:00 AM
hence why i stay out of voting in goofy polls...but i would love to see the rationale of how those 43 think we win this game...hell i dont think there are 43 posters here from tx state...theres prob more montana state fans voting for us then tx state fans
94Terrier, alexale23, alleycat, Cap'n Cat, CatFan22, chazg, chrisattsu, clawman, crusader11, GOKATS, Grabholdofyosef, GSUhooligan, Khan4Cats, Mandan_Herd_Fan, millwoga1, pantheralum16, Pantherpower, Pauly LB, polyfanman, Retro, saccat, sikolec, Stang Fever, SteelCurtain, UCABEARS75, wcalef, WestCoastAggie

All the non-TX St. fans who voted for Montana losing.

Motive seems pretty obvious at this point, especially those Bitter Blue posters. xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

WyomingGrizFan
November 26th, 2008, 03:12 AM
This looks like a pretty good sign:

http://www.montanagrizzlies.com/pages/news_item.aspx?n=7648&m=18

Last sentence on page reads: TV: The TV rights for the FCS playoff game were being negotiated at press time.

darussian12
November 26th, 2008, 03:25 AM
TV: The TV rights for the FCS playoff game were being negotiated at press time

too bad that doesnt help me in getting crazy asses driving to mont :-)...i laready set my own deadline of weds for responses from the people that said yes already to reconfirmthat showed interest but if its on TV by tomorrow i bet i wont get to go up there...:-(

Bearkats94
November 26th, 2008, 07:34 AM
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=283272534&confId=30

Look at the box score on our Txst vs. Sam . It sucks we put up over 600 yards an still lost.xchinscratchx

BobcatJH
November 26th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Your coach should have went for 2 at the end of regulation. Bomar was lobbying for it.

McNeese75
November 26th, 2008, 08:52 AM
We won with our second string QB.

xlolx I'm sorry, but he was NOT your 2nd string QB at that time. Everyone was ready to throw BG under the bus back then.

BobcatJH
November 26th, 2008, 08:56 AM
xlolx I'm sorry, but he was NOT your 2nd string QB at that time. Everyone was ready to throw BG under the bus back then.

While I will not argue that point, I bet you guys wish Toon started that game in Lake Charles.......

McNeese75
November 26th, 2008, 09:25 AM
While I will not argue that point, I bet you guys wish Toon started that game in Lake Charles.......

Nawwwww, we wanted your best and we got it. Regardless of the outcome our two fumbles on the 1 and two yard lines changed that game significantly, loss of two of the top 4 wide receivers etc. xlolx I could go on with some half-hearted excuses but I won't. Bobcats won that day by playing a near perfect game. I congratulated you then and I wish you luck now. The attitudes of some of the Bobcat fans get tiring at times (and yes I know, we all have those fans). You should take a page out of the Wofford book and just quietly go in there and try to take care of business. Ranting about disrespect and how fast your players are is not going to get you any brownie points at Wash/Griz :)

BCS Sucks
November 26th, 2008, 10:18 AM
94Terrier, alexale23, alleycat, Cap'n Cat, CatFan22, chazg, chrisattsu, clawman, crusader11, GOKATS, Grabholdofyosef, GSUhooligan, Khan4Cats, Mandan_Herd_Fan, millwoga1, pantheralum16, Pantherpower, Pauly LB, polyfanman, Retro, saccat, sikolec, Stang Fever, SteelCurtain, UCABEARS75, wcalef, WestCoastAggie

All the non-TX St. fans who voted for Montana losing.

Motive seems pretty obvious at this point, especially those Bitter Blue posters. xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Haters!!!

TXST_CAT
November 26th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Nawwwww, we wanted your best and we got it. Regardless of the outcome our two fumbles on the 1 and two yard lines changed that game significantly, loss of two of the top 4 wide receivers etc. xlolx I could go on with some half-hearted excuses but I won't. Bobcats won that day by playing a near perfect game. I congratulated you then and I wish you luck now. The attitudes of some of the Bobcat fans get tiring at times (and yes I know, we all have those fans). You should take a page out of the Wofford book and just quietly go in there and try to take care of business. Ranting about disrespect and how fast your players are is not going to get you any brownie points at Wash/Griz :)

It's all in good fun. Especially when your the underdog. xsmiley_wix

BCS Sucks
November 26th, 2008, 10:33 AM
Can't wait till saturday

BobcatJH
November 26th, 2008, 10:40 AM
I congratulated you then and I wish you luck now.

We appreciate that McNeese75.

The SLC needs to stick together, and root for whichever team makes the field of 16.

I am cautiously optimistic about this game. If we do not beat ourselves, I think we can keep this game close.....and then.....who knows.

slycat
November 26th, 2008, 10:42 AM

I'm just sticking up for Texas St. I really do think we have an outside shot at an upset though. Montana is defiantly favored but the Bobcats have the potential to steal the show.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 26th, 2008, 10:58 AM
I'm just sticking up for Texas St. I really do think we have an outside shot at an upset though. Montana is defiantly favored but the Bobcats have the potential to steal the show.

Slycat, you know AZGriz well enough to know that he knows you guys have a shot. He is throwing a Molotov cocktail as he is known to do from time to time.

BobcatSymphony
November 26th, 2008, 11:41 AM
Slycat, you know AZGriz well enough to know that he knows you guys have a shot. He is throwing a Molotov cocktail as he is known to do from time to time.

Why not just share the liquid and watch the game xsmiley_wix It's gonna be great. Now my only question is which link to use to buy my ticket. I saw on the ticket site there are two, one being the east expansion area I think.

LacesOut
November 26th, 2008, 11:44 AM
I would love to see Texas State win.

But I think Montana will win.

Bobcat94
November 26th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Watch out for the team that has "no shot". Griz could turn into Boo Boo..

TheValleyRaider
November 26th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Montana
The Griz were suprisingly good this year (well, by their standards) given the expectations were for rebuilding. We should all rebuild that well. Texas State got through the usual mayhem of the Southland, which included a mixup involving who's actually allowed to win the conference. I'd fancy UCA's chances better in Missoula, but that's neither here nor there, and either way, I'll take the Griz this week

ursus arctos horribilis
November 26th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Why not just share the liquid and watch the game xsmiley_wix It's gonna be great. Now my only question is which link to use to buy my ticket. I saw on the ticket site there are two, one being the east expansion area I think.

If I were you I might be tempted to take the East Expansion but the other tickets for you guys are near the corner of the N. Endzone on the W. side behing the TX State bench. There isn't a bad seat so you'll be happy either way. I sent you an email giving you instructions for the tailgate.

BCS Sucks
November 26th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Montana
The Griz were suprisingly good this year (well, by their standards) given the expectations were for rebuilding. We should all rebuild that well. Texas State got through the usual mayhem of the Southland, which included a mixup involving who's actually allowed to win the conference. I'd fancy UCA's chances better in Missoula, but that's neither here nor there, and either way, I'll take the Griz this week

surprised no doubt

McNeese75
November 26th, 2008, 02:06 PM
We appreciate that McNeese75.

The SLC needs to stick together, and root for whichever team makes the field of 16.

I am cautiously optimistic about this game. If we do not beat ourselves, I think we can keep this game close.....and then.....who knows.

No pressure, just have fun!

Grizaholic17
November 26th, 2008, 02:18 PM
If I were you I might be tempted to take the East Expansion but the other tickets for you guys are near the corner of the N. Endzone on the W. side behing the TX State bench. There isn't a bad seat so you'll be happy either way. I sent you an email giving you instructions for the tailgate.

East Side puts you right on top of the action and you can see EVERYTHING! The visiting area is sketch if you ask me. But more of your people will be there.

BlueHen86
November 26th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Montana will win.

patssle
November 26th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Games over, Texas State has already taken a knee, their message board is down.

Bearkats94
November 26th, 2008, 04:12 PM
With 2 minutes left and 3 time-out. They take it to over time.

ncbears
November 26th, 2008, 04:49 PM
I don't think this will be close at all - Montana by 3 TD's.

MaximumBobcat
November 26th, 2008, 05:21 PM

Who sits behind the opposing teams bench in WG?

Students? GA? Visitors?

GolfingGriz
November 26th, 2008, 05:30 PM

Students? GA? Visitors?

About 8,000 griz fans.

Green26
November 26th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Many of the Griz fans behind the visitor's bench/sideline are skilled at talking to, and getting in the head of, opposing players. There is only 7yards from sideline to the seating. Seating starts above the heads of the players. The TS players will hear alot of chatter on Saturday. It will be unavoidable.

Ronbo
November 26th, 2008, 05:58 PM

Students? GA? Visitors?

Dozens of Griz fans that will know the players history, the HS they attended, the grades they got, their girlfriends name, how much their momma weighs, and the last time they got a speeding ticket. It's brutal! xlolx xnodx

dgreco
November 26th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Montana will win.

OR we could see Wofford 2.0 :D

I will still go with Montana

Grizaholic17
November 26th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Montana will win.

OR we could see Wofford 2.0 :D

I will still go with Montana

Wofford is a machine, no doubt about it. But with the conventional offense and the balance that Texas State has, it is going to be easier for us to adjust, as many of the teams in our conference are the same way.

bobcathusband
November 26th, 2008, 06:17 PM
After thinking about it for a few days I don't think there is a chance in hell Tx St. wins this game even though it still has to be played. When you think about all the things that are going against them, the weather, the crowd, the playoff experience and supremacy of the UM program there is just no way Tx St. is going to win end of story. I just hope we stay within 2 TDs and get some a valuable experience to build on for next season with most of the team returning.

Grizaholic17
November 26th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Dozens of Griz fans that will know the players history, the HS they attended, the grades they got, their girlfriends name, how much their momma weighs, and the last time they got a speeding ticket. It's brutal! xlolx xnodx

The hardest thing for a team in Washington Griz is that the fans ARE right behind you, not 4 feet away. They put a beating on ya!

Ronbo
November 26th, 2008, 06:20 PM
After thinking about it for a few days I don't think there is a chance in hell Tx St. wins this game even though it still has to be played. When you think about all the things that are going against them, the weather, the crowd, the playoff experience and supremacy of the UM program there is just no way Tx St. is going to win end of story. I just hope we stay within 2 TDs and get some a valuable experience to build on for next season with most of the team returning.

Yeah right. Sandbagger, you know we don't believe you feel that way.xsmiley_wix

bobcathusband
November 26th, 2008, 06:36 PM

Actually I do feel that way. I've been to every home game and 1 road game. The Bobcats are a streaky team so it's a flip of the coin to see which one will show up. This will be the best team Tx. St has faced all year so I don't feel very lucky. The usual pattern is they have 1 bad game and then 2 good games to follow. I would call Saturday's performance against Sam Houston poor so maybe it repeats and the Bobcats show up with a good game. The thing is this is also a statement game for the SLC. Just hope the Bobcats represent it well enough and don't get blown out something like 63-17. If that happens everyone will say the SLC is a league full of miscreants not deserving of any national recognition.

GrizDen
November 26th, 2008, 06:55 PM

"How much their momma weighs" xlolx That gets my vote for the best line of the year. xbowx

Silenoz
November 26th, 2008, 07:54 PM
Many of the Griz fans behind the visitor's bench/sideline are skilled at talking to, and getting in the head of, opposing players. There is only 7yards from sideline to the seating. Seating starts above the heads of the players. The TS players will hear alot of chatter on Saturday. It will be unavoidable.
Yeah, I often sit in the 2nd row behind the visitor sideline and I like to think that some of my lines are pretty good :p

I usually wait for some player to taunt the crowd so I know who to target

ezgriz51
November 26th, 2008, 08:04 PM
As I remember correctly, last years' First round I-AA Playoff game against Wofford was televised from Missoula; the year before that I got to see all three games the Griz played in the Play-offs, as well as the Griz-Cal Poly First round game the year before that. So, hopefully there's a consistency here and the game will not only be broadcast on the radio but also televised, at least State of Montana wide; hopefully. If that's the case then there stands a damn good chance of a feed to San Marcos, Texas for a live telecast. Generally depends on a good crowd to begin with I think. If twenty thousand tickets are sold I think they'll televise it.

Missoula always likes to show case their Stadium/atmosphere so if they get a chance to do so pretty good odds I'd say. Stay tuned and check around since I haven't heard anything as of yet but the closer to the weekend the more news may come

I've seen pratically all their conference games televised for something like the last ten years or so. I'd be pretty shocked if they didn't televise the game this weekend to tell you the truth.

Announced on the new this evening - the game will be televised.

WyomingGrizFan
November 26th, 2008, 10:16 PM
Announced on the new this evening - the game will be televised.

Thanx 'ezgriz51,' just found out a couple seconds ago:

http://www.montanagrizzlies.com/pages/news_item.aspx?n=7654&m=18

Be good to see the Griz play at least one more game since I can't make it in to Missoula this year. Maybe next time. Should be nice and balmy. Have a good time. Go Griz!!!!

P.S.- Sorry about that 'darussian12,' maybe you and your friends can make the trip anyways.

TXST_CAT
November 26th, 2008, 10:54 PM

Bobcathusband is a glass half empty kind of fan. Wants to see the team win but always worried we'll lose. There are lots of Bobcat fans that are like this. It comes from many years of disappointing seasons. xcoolx

BCS Sucks
November 27th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Yeah, I often sit in the 2nd row behind the visitor sideline and I like to think that some of my lines are pretty good :p

I usually wait for some player to taunt the crowd so I know who to target

i think its funny when away players taunt the crowd cause then everyone targets him

EllsworthGriz
November 27th, 2008, 11:22 AM
From another thread:

Stop by Reds Bar and I'll buy you guys a drink. Have a great and safe flight. Go Griz

UD97HENS
November 27th, 2008, 11:27 AM
The Grizz is tough to beat at home, plain and simple

mtgrizfankb
November 27th, 2008, 11:41 AM

Students? GA? Visitors?

MOStly Season Ticket holders are that close! sometimes yoou get someone who got the ticket through a biz... but you have to think wa/griz and its season ticket requests are still 3 years behind... so 80-85% of the stadium is season ticket holders. And let me tell ya they know how to trash talk.. thats where i grew up sitting and now im in the student section and its about the same atmosphere. xlolx

gbhmt
November 27th, 2008, 11:47 AM
MOStly Season Ticket holders are that close! sometimes yoou get someone who got the ticket through a biz... but you have to think wa/griz and its season ticket requests are still 3 years behind... so 80-85% of the stadium is season ticket holders. And let me tell ya they know how to trash talk.. thats where i grew up sitting and now im in the student section and its about the same atmosphere. xlolx

What high school did you go to?

txphi592
November 27th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Actually I do feel that way. I've been to every home game and 1 road game. The Bobcats are a streaky team so it's a flip of the coin to see which one will show up. This will be the best team Tx. St has faced all year so I don't feel very lucky. The usual pattern is they have 1 bad game and then 2 good games to follow. I would call Saturday's performance against Sam Houston poor so maybe it repeats and the Bobcats show up with a good game. The thing is this is also a statement game for the SLC. Just hope the Bobcats represent it well enough and don't get blown out something like 63-17. If that happens everyone will say the SLC is a league full of miscreants not deserving of any national recognition.

Coward.

patssle
November 27th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Just hope the Bobcats represent it well enough and don't get blown out something like 63-17. If that happens everyone will say the SLC is a league full of miscreants not deserving of any national recognition

Disagree. The SLC is not sending the best team to playoffs, so TXST does not represent the best the SLC has to offer.

txst_wtc
November 27th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Cam Luke will catch more than a few balls, at least one will be spectacular, Bush will bust a 50 run on a kick off or from the backfield, and the smallest guy on the field, Rivas (AKA SHAK), will have a crazy run after catch.

The question is can our defense make a few stops and make the plays when we need them?

If we can survive the first 5 min. we will be ok. We are the worst team ever coming out of the the locker room. SIX teams have score on us in the first 4 min of the game! 3 of those teams score the first time they touched the ball!

MITCHELL, B.L. pass complete to SANDERS, E. for 21 yards to the TXST0, 1ST DOWN SMU, TOUCHDOWN, clock 11:18.

Smith, Brandon rush for 80 yards to the TXST0, 1ST DOWN NC, TOUCHDOWN, clock 14:46.

ALEXANDER, Deck rush for 8 yards to the TXST0, TOUCHDOWN, clock 13:55.

Pendland,Todd rush for 22 yards to the TXST0, TOUCHDOWN, clock 14:32,

Moses, Jeremy pass complete to Edison, Dominiq for 76 yards to the TXST0, 1ST DOWN SFA, TOUCHDOWN, clock 13:48.

George,B. pass intercepted by Brown, K. at the TXST40, Brown, K. return 40 yards to the TXST0, TOUCHDOWN, clock 11:54

I look forward to the cats transforming the "loudest stadium in the nation" to the quietest.

gbhmt
November 27th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Cam Luke will catch more than a few balls, at least one will be spectacular, Bush will bust a 50 run on a kick off or from the backfield, and the smallest guy on the field, Rivas (AKA SHAK), will have a crazy run after catch.

The question is can our defense make a few stops and make the plays when we need them?

If we can survive the first 5 min. we will be ok. We are the worst team ever coming out of the the locker room. SIX teams have score on us in the first 4 min of the game! 3 of those teams score the first time they touched the ball!

MITCHELL, B.L. pass complete to SANDERS, E. for 21 yards to the TXST0, 1ST DOWN SMU, TOUCHDOWN, clock 11:18.

Smith, Brandon rush for 80 yards to the TXST0, 1ST DOWN NC, TOUCHDOWN, clock 14:46.

Moses, Jeremy pass complete to Edison, Dominiq for 76 yards to the TXST0, 1ST DOWN SFA, TOUCHDOWN, clock 13:48.

George,B. pass intercepted by Brown, K. at the TXST40, Brown, K. return 40 yards to the TXST0, TOUCHDOWN, clock 11:54

I look forward to the cats transforming the "loudest stadium in the nation" to the quietest.

Good luck with that.

BCS Sucks
November 27th, 2008, 05:06 PM

wow if these guys are as good as u say they are u will have no problem beating montana then right :)

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 27th, 2008, 05:11 PM
wow if these guys are as good as u say they are u will have no problem beating montana then right :)

I took it as those were the plays that people scored on them 6 times in the first 5 minutes this year not what they were going to do, right?

MTGrizzFan
November 27th, 2008, 05:48 PM

not going to happen

BCS Sucks
November 27th, 2008, 05:51 PM
not at the beginning of the reply

slostang
November 27th, 2008, 06:14 PM
Disagree. The SLC is not sending the best team to playoffs, so TXST does not represent the best the SLC has to offer.

They are the best team that was eligible for the playoffs and proved it on the field. We know that UCA won the SLC, but they are not eligible.

TxState_GO_CATS!
November 27th, 2008, 07:18 PM
I took it as those were the plays that people scored on them 6 times in the first 5 minutes this year not what they were going to do, right?

xthumbsupx right.

GaSouthern
November 28th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Please Crush this Tx State team! I still have a bad taste in my mouth from our last visit there!

placidlakegriz
November 28th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Please Crush this Tx State team! I still have a bad taste in my mouth from our last visit there!

Anything for our friends from GA.

slycat
November 28th, 2008, 12:51 PM
They are the best team that was eligible for the playoffs and proved it on the field. We know that UCA won the SLC, but they are not eligible.

I'm looking forward to a chance to play Cal Poly in the next round.

AZGrizFan
November 28th, 2008, 12:52 PM
I'm looking forward to a chance to play Cal Poly in the next round.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

What color is the sky in your world? xlolx xlolx

slycat
November 28th, 2008, 12:53 PM
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

What color is the sky in your world? xlolx xlolx

Rainbows and candy

AZGrizFan
November 28th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Rainbows and candy

See the poll results? That could be REAL close to the final score... xlolx xlolx xlolx

GaSouthern
November 28th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Anything for our friends from GA.

Sounds like a plan! After all the Griz is my 3rd fav team!!!

(it was my second until Georgia Tech hired Paul Johnson, our old coach!)

AZGrizFan
November 28th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Sounds like a plan! After all the Griz is my 3rd fav team!!!

(it was my second until Georgia Tech hired Paul Johnson, our old coach!)

How ironic. Georgia Southern used to be MY 3rd favorite team (behind Griz, Navy) until GT hired PJ. Now GS is 4th. :D :D :D

GaSouthern
November 28th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Well, Navy is my 4th! And it seems like that new coach aint all that bad!!!

txphi592
November 28th, 2008, 03:48 PM
get a room.

polecat
November 28th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Our QB has won in Missoula before. He pitched a 1 hitter in 2002 against the Missoula Ospreys while pitching in the Cin. Reds farm system.

AZGrizFan
November 28th, 2008, 05:41 PM
get a room.

we just might. Wanna join us? xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

veinup
November 28th, 2008, 06:25 PM
Tomorrow can’t come soon enough.  This is excrucia ting.  Trying to drink the wait away..

Stubbins
November 28th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Tomorrow can’t come soon enough.  This is excrucia ting.  Trying to drink the wait away..

It is taking a while...but nothing like the Thursday before the UMass game...that was excruciating.
If we win this one, next week will be a loooooooong one, for either team.

WyomingGrizFan
November 28th, 2008, 08:33 PM
Sounds like we're into the Play-off portion of the season again. Meaning that the regular season was but a warm up for such eventualities. I'm still really apprehensive though. After losing about twenty-four or so seniors from last year (eight out of eleven on defense no less with five senior LBs) I though the Griz would do good by going 7 - 5 this year. I though Cal Poly would have easily won by forty points the first game of the season (they have what?...eighteen starters back from last year?) This year has really surprised me. Subsequently I haven't overlooked anyone. Still don't. Long wait indeed.

polecat
November 28th, 2008, 10:57 PM
Well Grizzies, I just finished watching every highlight film of your season. All I can say is that you have no idea about what's about to hit you. I would be shocked if the Bobcats don't put up 45 on you. You may put up 50 on us, but I don't think you can stop us after seeing what I just saw.

veinup
November 28th, 2008, 11:07 PM
Sarcasm .. .. right?

polecat
November 28th, 2008, 11:09 PM
None!

twentythreeOh4
November 28th, 2008, 11:13 PM
Well Grizzies, I just finished watching every highlight film of your season. All I can say is that you have no idea about what's about to hit you. I would be shocked if the Bobcats don't put up 45 on you. You may put up 50 on us, but I don't think you can stop us after seeing what I just saw.

Well, we will see who has no idea about what's coming. That's the great thing about the FCS playoffs.

Silenoz
November 28th, 2008, 11:40 PM
Because we didn't play any good or great offenses, right? xlolx

TheRevSWT
November 28th, 2008, 11:41 PM
I gotta throw in my homer vote.

Montana has a great squad no doubt. I can't think of many (note the term "many" before naming team X as better) FCS teams better in recent history.

That said, I don't think we are the huge underdog that many make us out to believe. I think our offense has the firepower to keep us in any game, and if our defense can get a few well timed turnovers, we'll be in good shape.

The above paragraph is contingent on our squad not being star-struck by playing in Wa/Grizzly stadium against a truly top tier FCS team. If we come out flat or timid, we're in big trouble.

uofmman1122
November 29th, 2008, 12:23 AM
Well Grizzies, I just finished watching every highlight film of your season. All I can say is that you have no idea about what's about to hit you. I would be shocked if the Bobcats don't put up 45 on you. You may put up 50 on us, but I don't think you can stop us after seeing what I just saw.I like your optimism. :p

Grizaholic17
November 29th, 2008, 12:58 AM
Well, we will see who has no idea about what's coming. That's the great thing about the FCS playoffs.

Seeing as how those are mainly highlight reals in our favor, that's very interesting you say that. xrolleyesx

Grizaholic17
November 29th, 2008, 01:00 AM
Oh and by the way, i'm in helena right now, heading over to the game tomorrow. It is incredibly windy here. Is missoula going to be the same? Hope not.

veinup
November 29th, 2008, 01:26 AM
Oh and by the way, i'm in helena right now, heading over to the game tomorrow. It is incredibly windy here. Is missoula going to be the same? Hope not.

Not windy at the moment, wouldn't worry about it for tomorrow. Tomorrows forecast..high near 40, chance of rain/snow.

Grizalltheway
November 29th, 2008, 02:03 AM

xlolx

Something tells me you'll be NOWHERE to be found around 3:30 MST today. xcoffeex

Torgo
November 29th, 2008, 02:56 AM
Chance of snow tonight/tomorrow...we haven't had anything really stick yet so I can't think of a better time than a first snowfall than a home playoff team against a team from Texas.

C'mon Griz.

MTGrizzFan
November 29th, 2008, 07:55 AM
I gotta throw in my homer vote.

Montana has a great squad no doubt. I can't think of many (note the term "many" before naming team X as better) FCS teams better in recent history.

That said, I don't think we are the huge underdog that many make us out to believe. I think our offense has the firepower to keep us in any game, and if our defense can get a few well timed turnovers, we'll be in good shape.

The above paragraph is contingent on our squad not being star-struck by playing in Wa/Grizzly stadium against a truly top tier FCS team. If we come out flat or timid, we're in big trouble.

I think you're in big trouble anyways. Hope it's a good game tho...we're just heading out for Missoula....Go Griz!!!!

gbhmt
November 29th, 2008, 10:23 AM

Sounds to me like he just got bored and stopped watching after the WSU game;)

uofmman1122
November 29th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Going to bed, so I won't be able to catch the game, but I hope both teams do their best.

Win or lose, I hope it's a good game. xnodx

Go GRIZ!

polecat
November 29th, 2008, 10:32 AM
xlolx

Something tells me you'll be NOWHERE to be found around 3:30 MST today. xcoffeex

I'll either be happily raking leaves or breaking my rake.

veinup
November 29th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Heading downtown right now. Hoping not to get too wet today. Go Griz.

bpcats
November 29th, 2008, 10:44 AM
When it comes to the playoffs you have to play defense at some point in time. The only teams that might have a chance of threatening the Griz are Cal Poly and App State.

Texas State doesn't have the defense to win the game in Missoula.

Griz 42
Texas State 28

Stubbins
November 29th, 2008, 10:53 AM
tailgate time...see ya down there folks!

cats2506
November 29th, 2008, 10:54 AM
teddys dont have the D to stop a potent offense, their only hope is to keep the Cats O off the field by winning top 3:1

It Tx can get up early, (which I'm not sure they can) it will be a long day for the teddys

ESG GO CATS GO

AZGrizFan
November 29th, 2008, 11:02 AM

You're a cute little guy.... xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx Did you watch the highlight film of the SUU game? You know, that team that beat you 34-20, and that we beat 46-10?

You watched HIGHLIGHT films....of a team that hasn't had 20 scored on them in the past 7 games......that has given up an average of 10 per game in the past 7 games.....and your Bobcats are gonna suddenly put up 45 on us?

Here's a tip for you: This ain't SFA, Texas Southern, or Northern Colorado (you know, that OTHER BSC team you almost lost to! xlolx xlolx xlolx , that we beat 41-20).... xlolx xlolx

It's one thing to be a fan....it's another to be delusional. xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx Not saying that you ARE delusional, since that could and probably WOULD be construed as a personal attack. Just saying that fans are potential delusional who think their mediocre team that backed into the playoffs because the best team in their conference wasn't playoff eligible is going to suddenly convert into Appalachian State. xlolx