PDA

View Full Version : 3-time defending champs #2 App State vs. South Carolina St.

Pages : [1] 2

appman111
November 23rd, 2008, 10:28 PM
no thread about this game yet

93henfan
November 23rd, 2008, 10:29 PM
HOLY CRAP! You guys are 3-time defending champs?

Big Dawg
November 23rd, 2008, 10:31 PM

Say Whhaaaaaat???

Damn, 3 times...back to back to back???

*snicker*

appman111
November 23rd, 2008, 10:32 PM

49-21

appstate1998
November 23rd, 2008, 10:33 PM
that's HOT! HOT! HOT!!

BearGibson
November 23rd, 2008, 10:33 PM
I really don't think a hen fan has any room to talk.

considering...

93henfan
November 23rd, 2008, 10:34 PM
Keep on living in the past, my hillbilly friends. You have four games to win before you thump your chest again.

Big Dawg
November 23rd, 2008, 10:36 PM
Ok SCSU....EVERYBODY knows the X-factor for ASU is Aramanti Edwards. SCSU has to keep this man from making huge plays on the ground and through the air. SCSU has a very quick defense and is capable of containing ASU's offense. App. St. must have answer for SCSU's running game...Will Ford is NO JOKE. ASU can't afford to sleep on the Bulldogs.

appman111
Keep on living in the past, my hillbilly friends. You have four games to win before you thump your chest again.

if you're living in the past, wouldn't that imply that you don't have anything to look forward to?

49-21 too easy

BearGibson
hillbilly?

I'll take that as a complement.

Would you like to compare SAT scores and GPA?

AppStateSVX
November 23rd, 2008, 10:37 PM
anyone from SCSU on here? i haven't really heard much about them. Key players? travel well?

Hail-Hail
November 23rd, 2008, 10:38 PM
UMM should be fun!! I have to check the weather for this one. Looking forward to seeing Boone and "The Rock" and all the other good stuff involving the playoffs. Be warned.....there will be no "happy to be here" bullish if that's what ya think. But seriously I expect a good game and if I go I look forward to meeting some of you guys up there.

thmst30
November 23rd, 2008, 10:39 PM
How many games do you have left?

BearGibson
My Mama is from Orangeburg.

Great place...really hot though, all the time.

Hail-Hail
As far as traveling well....we do travel pretty well. Key players Long, Ford, DEFENSE to see why just do a lil research you'll find what yer looking for.

93henfan
November 23rd, 2008, 10:40 PM
This is fun. You Appy guys are almost to the third page of your thread and haven't really talked about your opponent once. You may want to start to focus on SC State a little. xlolx

BearGibson
November 23rd, 2008, 10:43 PM
This is fun. You Appy guys are almost to the third page of your thread and haven't really talked about your opponent once. You may want to start to focus on SC State a little. xlolx

Bro, maybe you should peace out.

You have about 8 months until you have any right to even be on this site again...

Skjellyfetti
November 23rd, 2008, 10:44 PM

anyone from SCSU on here? i haven't really heard much about them. Key players? travel well?

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49504&page=10

:D

Hail-Hail
My Mama is from Orangeburg.

Great place...really hot though, all the time.

Really? What part?

93henfan

You have about 8 months until you have any right to even be on this site again...

So what do you think about SC State?

See, I'm trying to help you guys focus. It would be a complete embarrassment if you guys lost to a MEAC team.

art vandelay
November 23rd, 2008, 10:47 PM
Say Whhaaaaaat???

Damn, 3 times...back to back to back???

*snicker*

were not talking about a repeat a 3-peat or even a 4-peat. thats right were talking a minimum 8-peat.

BearGibson
November 23rd, 2008, 10:47 PM
Really? What part?

Close to First Pres.

Somewhat close to O-W I think.

I haven't been there in about 7 years, but I have some great memories of the town.

appmaj
November 23rd, 2008, 10:48 PM

Shouldn't you be posting about your game...oh wait;

Pretty good season for SC State; Should be a good D to match up for AE and the App O.

art vandelay
November 23rd, 2008, 10:49 PM

woh. touched a nerve there henfan.

93henfan
November 23rd, 2008, 10:50 PM
Pretty good season for SC State; Should be a good D to match up for AE and the App O.

Commendable, commendable. There's some SC State talk! I knew you could do it.xthumbsupx

JMU Newbill
I like App State by 3 touchdowns in this one.... hopefully AE will stay healthy.

BearGibson

See, I'm trying to help you guys focus. It would be a complete embarrassment if you guys lost to a MEAC team.

I think they are a solid football team, with a lot of underrated talent.

It will be a better game than most people expect, but in the end, ASU at the Rock will be too much.

I hope that SC State brings their band...

93henfan
November 23rd, 2008, 10:51 PM
What is the health report on AE anyway?

BearGibson
November 23rd, 2008, 10:55 PM
He is near 100%. Should be there by Saturday

BearGibson
November 23rd, 2008, 10:56 PM
How is SCST's pass D? Run D?

Skjellyfetti
November 23rd, 2008, 10:58 PM
http://www.timesanddemocrat.com/content/articles/2008/08/30/sports/doc48b8e0265aba2466828230.jpg

Their running back is supposed to be very, very good (William Ford).

223 rushes
1382 yards
12 touchdowns

They had an interview with him on the ASU Selection Show. Sounded like a good kid. xthumbsupx Look forward to seeing him in action.

Hail-Hail
November 23rd, 2008, 11:00 PM
Uuuuhhhhh that's not Will Ford.....that's Xavier Littleberry. I think he is a Defensive End. And to expand on what was said Will is an A+ guy and he bleeds Garnet and Blue. I look forward to seeing what he can do in the playoffs. Saturday is coming so slow jeez.

Hail-Hail
November 23rd, 2008, 11:03 PM
http://www.timesanddemocrat.com/content/articles/2008/08/30/sports/doc48b8e0265aba2466828230.jpg

Their running back is supposed to be very, very good (William Ford).

223 rushes
1382 yards
12 touchdowns

They had an interview with him on the ASU Selection Show. Sounded like a good kid. xthumbsupx Look forward to seeing him in action.

There ya go...

BearGibson
November 23rd, 2008, 11:04 PM
Uuuuhhhhh that's not Will Ford.....that's Xavier Littleberry. I think he is a Defensive End. And to expand on what was said Will is an A+ guy and he bleeds Garnet and Blue. I look forward to seeing what he can do in the playoffs. Saturday is coming so slow jeez.

You gonna make it up the mountain for the game?

I expect around 20000-22000 on Saturday, mainly because of Thanksgiving weekend.

93henfan
November 23rd, 2008, 11:05 PM
Here's SC State's season. Looks like they are a team that wins when when they're supposed to and loses when they're supposed to. Dominant last three games, but against subpar competition. I'd have to give App St a huge advantage due to the fact that SC St hasn't really seen a tough game in a month:

Opponent Result
at UCF L 0-17
Benedict W 42-3
Bethune-Cookman W 28-19
at (23) Clemson L 0-54
at Winston-Salem State W 43-17
at Florida A&M W 28-21
Norfolk State W 24-23
Hampton W 35-13
at Delaware State W 23-17
Howard W 56-0
at Morgan State W 32-0
at North Carolina A&T W 55-0
at Appalachian State 12:00 pm

Hail-Hail
November 23rd, 2008, 11:08 PM
You gonna make it up the mountain for the game?

I expect around 20000-22000 on Saturday, mainly because of Thanksgiving weekend.

I'm gonna try bro. I still have to deal with exams and I may have to raincheck to hit the books. I may xerox the pages and plastic jacket some of 'em and study in the stadium (yeah effin right). Truth is I dunno.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 23rd, 2008, 11:10 PM
I think this one is going to be ugly. SCSU is in for a l-o-n-g day...

Mike G.
November 23rd, 2008, 11:12 PM

Its the present till we lose a championship. Haven't lost yet, making it the present streak and the present 3 time defending national champs.

BearGibson
November 23rd, 2008, 11:13 PM
I'm gonna try bro. I still have to deal with exams and I may have to raincheck to hit the books. I may xerox the pages and plastic jacket some of 'em and study in the stadium (yeah effin right). Truth is I dunno.

Nice, well I hope you get the chance to go, football at the Rock is worth the sacrifice of a lower grade... xnodx

B&G
November 23rd, 2008, 11:48 PM
My g/f is a SCSU grad so I know more about them than I really should. Here's my take...

SCSU has a legit defense. They held UCF pretty well and may have won that game if their offense could have produced anything. Malcolm Long has improved as a QB. He's not very mobile nor is he accurate with his deep throws. But he has gotten better as the year has progressed with his low point being when he looked absolutely lost against Clemson. His backup (Clark) has played a lot the past few games to help Long rest a dinged-up shoulder. The offense has clicked under Clark albeit against subpar competition. Clark is a better runner and I wouldn't be shocked to see him get some time versus ASU.

William Ford is the real deal at RB. He plays with a good pad level and burst. Ok hands too. I don't think his top gear is fast enough to make him an elite back but he is a workhorse.

SCSU does not have a good kicking game as both the kicker and punter are erratic.

Key to the game:

SCSU absolutely must avoid a slow start in the first quarter. If they aren't settled, then there's a real chance this game could get away from them quickly. But if they can weather the storm, then they may hang in there.

inpsite1919
November 24th, 2008, 12:17 AM
How is SCST's pass D? Run D?

Our Defense has not been a problem, and of late neither has the offense. However our defense has been carring us since the beginning of the season, for instance, when we played UCF the first game of the season our defense held strong but tired out in the fourth. The same with Clemson that big offensive line tired our guys doen by the second quarter
but the pass defense held. If our Coaches come up with a good game plan to stop Edwards and they excute the gameplan its going to be fun. And we have more than one explosive RB. If the Offense can get going earley and keep the defense fresh, then the Bulldogs will have a great day. I think this is a good measuring stick for the Bulldogs who haven’t had a losing season under HC Pough. Also The Marching 101 WILL ALSO BE MAKING THE TRIP!!!!!

UCF Passing
C/ATT YDS TD INT
Greco 9/16 90 0 0

UCF Rushing

CAR YDS TD LG
Weaver 23 84 0 12
Greco 13 57 0 25

Clemson Passing
C/ATT YDS TD INT
Harper 15/24 151 0 2
Korn 7/7 76 1 0

Clemson Rushing
CAR YDS TD LG
Davis 11 95 3 25
Spiller 14 63 0 15

xthumbsupx

inpsite1919
November 24th, 2008, 12:25 AM
On Saturday We Know Nothing Is Written in Stone!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku90-K6XxKM

But If the Bulldogs Play Their Game!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQrhIgYfOyQ

inpsite1919
November 24th, 2008, 12:48 AM
#2 App State

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b155/andric_mcneil/1-14.jpg

Vs SCSU

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b155/andric_mcneil/i92878157_94330.gif

It's going to be a lot closer than a lot of people think.

xpeacex

Appaholic69
November 24th, 2008, 01:51 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku90-K6XxKM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQrhIgYfOyQ

Really? This is what you come with? I know this is not the smack board but still if you're gonna bring something then make it about what happens on the field during regulation, not halftime.

Now don't get me wrong. You're band sounds really good and I'm looking forward to seeing them but that ****e won't work here in Boone.

Hope you like cold weather! It'll take your players at least a full quarter by the heaters to thaw enough to run at full speed.

As far as AE is concerned, I talked to him at the library and he'll be ready for this Saturday.

bigchocolate
November 24th, 2008, 01:58 AM

SC State usually travels well but with the holiday...I don't know. I'll be in Boone to withness this historic event. Its been so long since SC State has been in the playoffs, I wouldn't miss this one for the world. The last time I travel with SC State to a playoff game we played Furman that years Socon champion. Final score SC State 13 Furman 0. I hope we're able to duplicate that effort. Unfortunately we were not playing the 3 time defending NC. This game is all about the defense. Can App stop SC from running from their base set????? I can't wait to find out. Can SC contain AE....only LSU has really gotten this part done. Besides LSU, this will be the best defensive team you have faced all season. I look forward to visiting Boone.

ASU
November 24th, 2008, 03:10 AM
SC State usually travels well but with the holiday...I don't know. I'll be in Boone to withness this historic event. Its been so long since SC State has been in the playoffs, I wouldn't miss this one for the world. The last time I travel with SC State to a playoff game we played Furman that years Socon champion. Final score SC State 13 Furman 0. I hope we're able to duplicate that effort. Unfortunately we were not playing the 3 time defending NC. This game is all about the defense. Can App stop SC from running from their base set????? I can't wait to find out. Can SC contain AE....only LSU has really gotten this part done. Besides LSU, this will be the best defensive team you have faced all season. I look forward to visiting Boone.

It should be a good game.....SC State earned their way into the playoffs week after week, just as App State.
I don't think that we have played each other since the eighties. Play NC Central next year as a common opponent though. Hope its an injury free game.....because the winner still has a long way to go.

inpsite1919
November 24th, 2008, 03:10 AM
Really? This is what you come with? I know this is not the smack board but still if you're gonna bring something then make it about what happens on the field during regulation, not halftime.

Now don't get me wrong. You're band sounds really good and I'm looking forward to seeing them but that ****e won't work here in Boone.

Hope you like cold weather! It'll take your players at least a full quarter by the heaters to thaw enough to run at full speed.

As far as AE is concerned, I talked to him at the library and he'll be ready for this Saturday.

Its not intended to be smack listen to the songs that they are playing and what is written before both of them.

' Over The Rainbow'

' U Can Hate Me Now'

Boone, NC
Saturday
Nov 29
Showers
High 53°F
Low 29°F
Precip 40 %

Looks like its going to be a good day to run the ball.
xwhistlex

AppMAN04
November 24th, 2008, 03:41 AM
I agree this is going to be a good game, but 3 time defending champs at home. Thats whats going to make the difference, THE ROCK is crazy and I dont think anyone really wants to plays us there. See you Saturday SCSU, Ill be in the stadium lot

KiddBrewer
November 24th, 2008, 03:44 AM

ha, if we lose to SC State......it will be in no part because of my lack of preparation!xthumbsupx

KiddBrewer
November 24th, 2008, 03:48 AM
#2 App State

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b155/andric_mcneil/1-14.jpg

Vs SCSU

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b155/andric_mcneil/i92878157_94330.gif

It's going to be a lot closer than a lot of people think.

xpeacex

#2 App State

http://umtailgate.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/asu%20ring.jpg

vs. SCSU

http://bulldogbreeds.com/breeders/pics/thebullybarn_bulldog.jpg

ha, couldn't resist. hope its a good game. :D

Hood
November 24th, 2008, 03:59 AM
So if I am reading correctly, SC State hasn't given up a point in the last 3 games? I don't care who you are playing, 3 straight shut outs is impressive. Even against subpar competition its normal for a team to have a defensive lapse on one play or series and give up at least a FG!

This defense will be serious business. As a fan of football in general I look forward to the outcome of this game. Hopefully I can find someone with ESPNU to watch this one!

KiddBrewer
November 24th, 2008, 04:03 AM
So if I am reading correctly, SC State hasn't given up a point in the last 3 games? I don't care who you are playing, 3 straight shut outs is impressive. Even against subpar competition its normal for a team to have a defensive lapse on one play or series and give up at least a FG!

This defense will be serious business. As a fan of football in general I look forward to the outcome of this game. Hopefully I can find someone with ESPNU to watch this one!

they have definately been rolling! the back-up QB for SCSU was the quarterback at my high school and lives on my street, so i got the chance to learn a little about them. They are definately coming in on a high, and it should be a good game.

inpsite1919
November 24th, 2008, 04:14 AM
#2 App State

http://umtailgate.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/asu%20ring.jpg

vs. SCSU

http://bulldogbreeds.com/breeders/pics/thebullybarn_bulldog.jpg

ha, couldn't resist. hope its a good game. :D

Lol But your right.
Maybe Just Maybe

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b155/andric_mcneil/abc.jpg

xcoffeex

jonmac
November 24th, 2008, 05:30 AM

Hey, you know what? We're fans. We don't have to focus on the opposing team. We can leave that to the players that we are fans of and I'm sure they've already gotten started preparing for the SCSU team that they will be playing. In the mean time we'll just do what fans do and that's talk football and maybe a little smack(but not on this thread, on this board, please.)xsmiley_wix

Grabholdofyosef
November 24th, 2008, 06:36 AM

The three straight shutouts is the first thing I saw when I looked at SCST's schedule/results. They have only given up 20 twice this year. I dont like that at all especially with AE dinged up. Hopefully we can survive this one, but it may not be pretty.

Pitbull
November 24th, 2008, 06:45 AM
Key to the game:

SCSU absolutely must avoid a slow start in the first quarter. If they aren't settled, then there's a real chance this game could get away from them quickly. But if they can weather the storm, then they may hang in there.

I was think the same thing...Just weather the initial onslaught and hang tough...then we will have a chance....App State is too good of team to let get way ahead....

appfan2008
November 24th, 2008, 07:19 AM
how many fans do all you app fans expect saturday... noon kick... on tv... holiday...??? 15-18???

mountaineer_dax
November 24th, 2008, 07:20 AM
The three straight shutouts is the first thing I saw when I looked at SCST's schedule/results. They have only given up 20 twice this year. I dont like that at all especially with AE dinged up. Hopefully we can survive this one, but it may not be pretty.

I'm hoping they give up that many in the first quarter.

appfan2008
November 24th, 2008, 07:34 AM
how many fans do all you app fans expect saturday... noon kick... on tv... holiday...??? 15-18???

last year was the best first round year of the last 3 and we only had about 14k... it is hard to get people there for a noon game... especially students who are out of town and with rain/snow in the forecast could be rough...

james_lawfirm
November 24th, 2008, 07:43 AM
How many games do you have left?

Now, now. Be nice to our feathered friends.

james_lawfirm
November 24th, 2008, 07:53 AM

I thought Furman contained AE better than anyone else, including LSU. Their DEs kept him in between the tackles. When he gets outside, its over. I don't know if SC State will be the best defensive team we've seen. We'll see.

App's D has improved a bunch from the beginning of the season & everyone's healthy.

Looking forward to it. What I don't like about SC State is that I know almost nothing about them. I trust the coaches have lots of tape on them.

jus10asu
November 24th, 2008, 08:21 AM
No disrespect to SCSU but I say we come out a little slow to get a feel for SCSU then we hit the afterburners late in the first and never look back. We just went undefeated in the SoCon so I have no reason to believe that SCSU will be able to get close. Hopefully it'll be a good game though...I just want everyone to be healthy at the end.

BULLDOG8180
November 24th, 2008, 09:00 AM
Besides LSU, this will be the best defensive team you have faced all season. I look forward to visiting Boone.

Based purely on statistics, maybe.
Based on talent and execution- SC State will probably be the 9th best defense App. State has faced. Congratulations on making the playoffs, but it will be short lived and very ugly.

B&G
November 24th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Based purely on statistics, maybe.
Based on talent and execution- SC State will probably be the 9th best defense App. State has faced. Congratulations on making the playoffs, but it will be short lived and very ugly.

I disagree.

LSU, JMU, Furman are better

Elon, Samford, Wofford are comparable

Jax, Presby, Citadel, GSU, Chatty, WCU are definitely worse

biggie
November 24th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Quick thoughts/questions:

-Still do feel better about a RB offense against App, compared to a fast running QB.

-Anyone know of SCSU's history in cold weather games? Looks like it will be in the 30s for the game with rain early, hopefully clearing by kickoff.

DX Man
November 24th, 2008, 09:22 AM
To all SCSU fans:

WELCOME TO THE ROCK!

You Playxbawlingx
You Losexbawlingx
You Go Homexbawlingx

AE will be resting by the 4th quarterxthumbsupx

gofurman
November 24th, 2008, 09:27 AM

Actually Furman contained AE with a 4-2-5 defense -> 16 rushing attempts for ... 16 TOTAL RUSHING YARDS. 26-14 win for App State (kudos to them) with a -2(?) turnover ratio for FU.

As B&G said a few posts above, FU may not be great this year but our D is pretty good and App was witness to that.

MEAC just doesn't have much playoff success. That Clemson score is not good: Citadel is a poor Socon team and did much better against a poor Clemson team. 54 points by Clemson at a point in the season where they couldn't beat anyone on their level? I would expect a good FCS D to have held them to 30s max. Perhaps that was an anomaly but I say App by 21 at least. The one thing in SC State's favor is they are a running team and those that can smash mouth are the ones that give App a little trouble.

B&G
November 24th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Actually Furman contained AE with a 4-2-5 defense -> 16 rushing attempts for ... 16 total yards. 26-14 win for App State with a -2(?) turnover ratio for FU.

MEAC just doesn't have much playoff success. That Clemson score is not good: Citadel is a BAD Socon team and did much better against a poor Clemson team. 54 points by Clemson at a point where they couldn't beat anyone? I would expect a good FCS D to have held them to 30s max. Perhaps that was an anomaly but I say App by 21 at least. The one thing in SC State's favor is they are a running team and those that can smash mouth are the ones that give App a little trouble.

I was at the SCSU-Clemson game. The Defense played better than the score indicates. SCSU's QB had a terrible game and put the defense in a position where they just couldn't succeed. A lot of short fields for Clemson to work with.

BULLDOG8180
November 24th, 2008, 09:36 AM
I disagree.

LSU, JMU, Furman are better

Elon, Samford, Wofford are comparable

Jax, Presby, Citadel, GSU, Chatty, WCU are definitely worse

I think you may be a little biased toward SC State because of your said relationship with an alumni.

SC State defense will not hold ASU to under 50. Unless ASU plays plain vanilla game plan and continues to rest AE.

GGASU
November 24th, 2008, 09:39 AM

I was at the 1999 playoff game when Florida A&M caught us unprepared for a first round game. They beat us up and down the field that day.

Hopefully JM will have the boys ready to play!

gofurman
November 24th, 2008, 09:41 AM
I was at the SCSU-Clemson game. The Defense played better than the score indicates. SCSU's QB had a terrible game and put the defense in a position where they just couldn't succeed. A lot of short fields for Clemson to work with.

fair enough - you know more than I do if you saw the game. Can you believe an App and an FU guy discussing football cordially :).

I just saw the score and - the way Clemson was playing int he first half of the season - would have expected a good FCS team to do better than 54-0 !

FU usually plays them to 35-14 or so in years when they are much better.

but that is one game and, as you said, may be the anomaly. I just saw that score and also know the MEAC (can you say undefeated Hampton?) doesn't do well when they play the rest of FCS.... well, not since the late 70s early 80s

B&G
November 24th, 2008, 10:05 AM
fair enough - you know more than I do if you saw the game. Can you believe an App and an FU guy discussing football cordially :).

I just saw the score and - the way Clemson was playing int he first half of the season - would have expected a good FCS team to do better than 54-0 !

FU usually plays them to 35-14 or so in years when they are much better.

but that is one game and, as you said, may be the anomaly. I just saw that score and also know the MEAC (can you say undefeated Hampton?) doesn't do well when they play the rest of FCS.... well, not since the late 70s early 80s

I'm as surprised as you are! By no means do I expect SCSU to win. Clemson had a INT for a TD and a safety. So now it's down to 45 points. Long threw 3 INT's in their own territory so I'll say we can drop it about two more TD's. Legitimately the defense gave up 31. The disparity is still line play. SCSU's doesn't match up to ASU's. That and Armanti are going to be too much for SCSU to overcome. My prediction would be something like ASU 41-20.

B&G
November 24th, 2008, 10:12 AM
I think you may be a little biased toward SC State because of your said relationship with an alumni.

SC State defense will not hold ASU to under 50. Unless ASU plays plain vanilla game plan and continues to rest AE.

I am also a little biased because I have actually seen them play multiple times in person. I'm telling you their defense is solid. UCF could barely score on them. Clemson destroyed SCSU but the defense was put in some bad situations. Heck, 9 of Clemson's points were scored by the defense. The Bulldogs picked off Cullen Harper twice. And Spiller/Davis didn't exactly light them up even though they were very productive.

No, SCSU will not win. I think App wins by 3 td's. But I also have to give credit where it is due and SCSU's defense is by no means one of the worst App has seen this year.

MorgantonAPPAlum
November 24th, 2008, 10:26 AM
I was at the 1999 playoff game when Florida A&M caught us unprepared for a first round game. They beat us up and down the field that day.

Hopefully JM will have the boys ready to play!

I was also present for that debacle. Hopefully Coach Moore will use that as motivation for the guys this week.

MasonJar
November 24th, 2008, 10:57 AM

Past, present and future, baby.xpeacex

No thumpin' here, just enjoying the journey.xrotatehx

BTW, been nice watchin Flaco in the NFL this year.xnodx

T-Dog
November 29th, 2008, 05:27 AM
Well, it's 6:30 am, which is only 5 hrs and 30 min til gametime which means tailgating started 30 minutes ago. xthumbsupx

AppStateold299
November 29th, 2008, 06:19 AM
It is great to be a MOUNTAINEER! 4 hrs. 30 min. from game time. Not than I'm counting.

AZGrizFan
November 29th, 2008, 11:10 AM
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

SCSU lookin' REAL good... xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

ASU has, what, 5 first downs in 7 plays? xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

UNIFanSince1983
November 29th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Fumble at the 3...

PantherRob82
November 29th, 2008, 11:14 AM
SC State throws INT, then App state throws INT

WrenFGun
Three TO's in like, 2 seconds? Jesus.

R3TRO
Is there a video feed for this game? I don't get ESPNU.

MR. CHICKEN
3 TO'S.....ALREADY.......xeekx...........BRAWK!

th0m
Geez SCSU with an INT thrown and ASU with a fumble and INT in less than 5 minutes. Sounds like a decent crowd though. Anyone looking at ESPNU to see if the stands are packed?

MR. CHICKEN
November 29th, 2008, 11:16 AM
C'MON DAWGS!

AZGrizFan
November 29th, 2008, 11:17 AM
ASU not gettin' any pressure, either. xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

AZGrizFan
November 29th, 2008, 11:18 AM
That SCSU QB is one big dude.... xeekx Makes AE look like a snack.... xcoffeex

OxSoxUNH05
November 29th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Plenty of time for SCSU's QB

UNCBears2010
November 29th, 2008, 11:19 AM
SCSU in the red zone...

WrenFGun
November 29th, 2008, 11:19 AM
SCST inside the APP 5.

WrenFGun
November 29th, 2008, 11:20 AM
SCSU turned back on a TD on a clipping call!

UNCBears2010
November 29th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Touchdown called back by clipping

WrenFGun
November 29th, 2008, 11:21 AM
TOUCHDOWN SCSU!

UNCBears2010
November 29th, 2008, 11:22 AM
TD SCSU!

ToTheLeft
TD SCST! 7-0 Bulldogs!

rickyball
touchdown scsu

AZGrizFan
How many ASU fans just jumped out their dorm windows? xlolx xlolx

MR. CHICKEN
7-0.............WHO LET THE DAWGS OUT!.........xeekx.......BRAWK!

Edge316007
TD anyway, come the **** on App

WrenFGun
Can't believe I'm saying this, but go MEAC!

rickyball
turning the turnovers into points

ToTheLeft
November 29th, 2008, 11:23 AM

xnodx

OxSoxUNH05
ASU behind!?! GO SCSU!

UNCBears2010

MEAC FTW!

Edge316007
November 29th, 2008, 11:25 AM
It's OK, they started slow against several teams this year including Samford and Presby

HiHiYikas
November 29th, 2008, 11:25 AM
And WCU

rickyball
November 29th, 2008, 11:26 AM
oh boy. big play app state

Edge316007
November 29th, 2008, 11:26 AM
We have a Brian Quick sighting

R3TRO
November 29th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Sounds like its going to be a shootout today.

WrenFGun
November 29th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Doesn't seem like Appy is having any problem moving the ball, but the TO's definitely need to stop.

WrenFGun
November 29th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Armanti down to the six, but possibly short of the first.

Yes, third and one at the 6. 350 to go in the 1st.

rickyball
November 29th, 2008, 11:29 AM
TD app st.

AppAlum96
TD ASU!

Edge316007
TD Jordan!

That's more like it

MR. CHICKEN
DRAT!

WrenFGun
TD Appalachian State, though apparently people think it was offensive pass interference.

UNCBears2010
November 29th, 2008, 11:30 AM
TD App St!

7-7

Eaglegus2
November 29th, 2008, 11:31 AM
App will get their game in gear.

They will still be victorious today.

datruth4u
November 29th, 2008, 11:33 AM
TD Appalachian State, though apparently people think it was offensive pass interference.

It was offensive pass interference.....He pushed off

AppAlum96
November 29th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Holding SCSU

Eaglegus2
South Carolina State is playing pretty good.

Penalties are killing them at this moment.

AppAlum96
Wow, crappy tackling.

furman94
November 29th, 2008, 11:35 AM
cough cough go scstate cough cough

Edge316007
November 29th, 2008, 11:35 AM
App is playing just as well but turnovers are killing them. Wofford knows about that

AppAlum96
November 29th, 2008, 11:36 AM
nice stop!

rickyball
November 29th, 2008, 11:37 AM
that penalty really hurt scsu there

AppAlum96
November 29th, 2008, 11:37 AM
nice punt. ASU first down at the 7.

Edge316007
November 29th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Jordan has been great in the 2nd half...but where the hell was he the first half?

AppAlum96
November 29th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Has AE had an incompletion other than the INT?

Edge316007
November 29th, 2008, 11:47 AM
Well, just now he did

OxSoxUNH05
ASU offense is clicking now

AppAlum96
Jordan had the fumble in the 1Q

rickyball
big third down here, need to hold app st to a field goal

WrenFGun
Come on SCSU, get a big stop here. Hold for the FG. 3rd and 10.

WrenFGun
November 29th, 2008, 11:48 AM
SCSU holds, 4th and 3. Appy goes for the FG.

AppAlum96
November 29th, 2008, 11:48 AM
4th and inches. FG try
....Good!

rickyball
November 29th, 2008, 11:49 AM
good 10-7 App state

Edge316007
November 29th, 2008, 11:49 AM
I know he did but I mean in general he's been pretty good.

FG App, 10-7.

AppAlum96
November 29th, 2008, 11:50 AM
I agree. And his knee was down on that fumble, wouldn't have been a fumble in the NFL. for what it's worth...

dgreco
November 29th, 2008, 11:51 AM
SCSU playing a good 1st quarter

AppAlum96
November 29th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Ford has been solid so far.

AppAlum96
November 29th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Close to the first.

rickyball
going to be close, probably have to go for it on 4th down anyways

AppAlum96
going for it...Time out.

CSUBUCDAD
November 29th, 2008, 11:57 AM
So far sounds like the Dogs came to play today. Great game so far.

AppAlum96
November 29th, 2008, 11:58 AM
big first down.

rickyball
November 29th, 2008, 11:58 AM
sounds like he got it

igo4uni
November 29th, 2008, 12:01 PM
just tuned in..........somewhat surprised at the score.

rickyball
November 29th, 2008, 12:01 PM
big stand last drive for the scsu defense, lets see if the app state defense can do the same and hold them to a fieldgoal

WWII
November 29th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Wow SC State looking very good!

rickyball
touchdown scsu

Edge316007
What the **** David, you just said it was incomplete.

rickyball
November 29th, 2008, 12:03 PM
this is shaping up to be quite a good game

AppAlum96
These announcers are doing a nice job so far.

dgreco
YES SCSU!!!

Edge316007
November 29th, 2008, 12:05 PM
This is embarrassing

igo4uni
November 29th, 2008, 12:07 PM
This is embarrassing

game is still young.

DSUrocks07
November 29th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Go Bulldogs!! xthumbsupx

GaSouthern
November 29th, 2008, 12:08 PM
RUN UP THE SCORE SC STATE KILL CRAP STATE!!!!!!

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 29th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Is Edwards playing?

AppAlum96
Icky special teams. Thank you flag.

AppChicago
Aw, what the eff, guys? Stop messing around out there and win this game.

I have no doubt that App State has the wherewithal to handle SCSU (though I readily admit that SCSU is a fine team). It just boils down to some of the freakin' consistency issues we've had this season...

Let's go App.

Edge316007
game is still young.

It's still embarrassing. They can dominate Wofford and take JMU to the wire at their own place but are getting pushed around by SC State at home? Give me a break

igo4uni
ouch!! that penalty hurt bad!!

mistersykes
Not sure why everyone is expecting App to be up by several touchdowns already. SCSU is a good team, and I expected to put up quite a fight! Their D is playing very well today.

GSUISBACK
November 29th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Knew Scsu was good

OldSchool85
November 29th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Keep up the good work, SCSU...

slostang
November 29th, 2008, 12:12 PM
It's still embarrassing. They can dominate Wofford and take JMU to the wire at their own place but are getting pushed around by SC State at home? Give me a break

Maybe the App. State players were giving the SC State team about as much respect as you are. SC State is a good team.

GSUISBACK

Maybe because SC STATE is better xnodx

rickyball
villanova already up on colgate

Mntneer
We need to stop the run, period. SCSU is clearly a quality squad, but I agree our play has been very inconsistent so far. We need to fix that before SCSU puts more on the board.

Edge316007
November 29th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Maybe because SC STATE is better xnodx

xlolx nah, probably not. They're better than they're given credit for, but they're not as good as JMU or Wofford.

igo4uni
November 29th, 2008, 12:13 PM
scsu looks to be running the ball extremely well.

AppAlum96
November 29th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Big Stop.

AppAlum96
November 29th, 2008, 12:16 PM
good field position, plenty of time.

rickyball
November 29th, 2008, 12:16 PM
big return for app state

AppAlum96
November 29th, 2008, 12:17 PM
TD ASU... not.

rickyball
November 29th, 2008, 12:18 PM
td app state... wait no incomplete... the officials disagreed but it went as an incomplete

AppAlum96
November 29th, 2008, 12:19 PM
NOW TD ASU!!

theasushow
td asu

rickyball
now its a TD App State

igo4uni
November 29th, 2008, 12:20 PM
should scsu try to score or run out the clock??

rickyball
November 29th, 2008, 12:21 PM
give me a late drive for scsu for some points, i believe they get the ball at the beginning on the second half

WrenFGun
Too much time left to run out the clock, IMO.

AppAlum96
Plenty of time. They should try to score. One of ASU's weaknesses is that they score too fast.

AppAlum96
November 29th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Another nice stop! Enough time for App to try to score.

AppAlum96
November 29th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Wow. If App loses this game it will be because of turnovers.

Eaglegus2
November 29th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Another turner INT by Edwards. What is the problem today?

If App continues turning the ball over it may be a long day in Boone.

OldSchool85
November 29th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Nice run by Ford to the ASU 30... C'mon SC, one more score...

Eaglegus2
November 29th, 2008, 12:30 PM
The Bulldogs aren't intimidated to say the least by App State.

This game will go down to the wire.

rickyball
looks like scsu is looking for a quick score before halftime

AppAlum96
Despite 3 turnovers, ASU still up. That says a lot. They'll be lucky to be up at half time.

AppAlum96
November 29th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Last play of the half...

igo4uni
November 29th, 2008, 12:32 PM
poor clock management by scsu imo.

Edge316007
November 29th, 2008, 12:33 PM
Poor officiating too. They can't agree on a lot of things it seems

AppAlum96
*sigh of relief

rickyball
why didnt scsu kick a field goal from the 5?

AppChicago
Yeesh. Let's have a little locker room chat, shall we?

appchuck
November 29th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Am I mistaken, or did SCST get 4 timeouts this half.

MountaineerGuy
November 29th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Congrats to SCSU, first team in the histoy of The Rock (that I'm aware of) to successfully call 6 timeouts in one half.

*and still manage to fail miserably at clock management in the last 60 seconds of the half*

mistersykes
November 29th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Its good to be up at the half after 3 turnovers. Our running game hasn't gotten much going tonight, but Armanti has put up good numbers aside from the 2 interceptions (one of which looked like he was trying to throw it out of bounds). SCSU's defense has been up the challenge with a few sacks and lots of pressure. I feel good about where we are right now, but we can't let up. JM will make sure the team is ready after the half.

93henfan
November 29th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Just saw the halftime score. xconfusedx What the hell is App doing letting a team like that hang around?

MountaineerGuy
November 29th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Shaking off the turkey and such.

Mntneer
November 29th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Poor officiating too. They can't agree on a lot of things it seems

Can't say I agree here. Yeah, there was some disagreement on whether that pass was complete, but they got the call right in the end. Anything is an upgrade over SoCon officiating.

WileECoyote06
November 29th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Just saw the halftime score. xconfusedx What the hell is App doing letting a team like that hang around?

Perhaps SCSU's defense is imposing itself on App?

Anybody remember this?

SCSU could beat five or more of the current playoff field.

Do yall believe me now?

Regardless of the outcome, SCSU has performed better than expected so far.xthumbsupx

mistersykes
November 29th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Agreed. The calls have been the right ones, indecisive or not.

appchuck
November 29th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Can't say I agree here. Yeah, there was some disagreement on whether that pass was complete, but they got the call right in the end. Anything is an upgrade over SoCon officiating.

I agree, there has been a couple of bad calls, but I think overall, it is better than normal(except of course the extra timeout).

MountaineerGuy
November 29th, 2008, 12:44 PM

I think they've gotten the calls right, but there's more to officiating than just getting the calls right. There's something unprofessional when there's several big plays and there is immediate disagreement.

But I agree, it could certainly be worse.

OldSchool85
November 29th, 2008, 12:45 PM

The irony, of course, is that Michigan was probably wondering the same thing when it played App State last year...

Big Dawg
November 29th, 2008, 12:45 PM

SCSU is NOT DSU...

I REALLY wish I had ESPNU

igo4uni
November 29th, 2008, 12:48 PM
The irony, of course, is that Michigan was probably wondering the same thing when it played App State last year...

good point.

MountaineerGuy
November 29th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Perhaps SCSU's defense is imposing itself on App?

Or maybe Armanti is just throwing silly passes...not to rag on SCSU but I think Western capitalized on our mistakes as well or better than the bulldogs are right now. They were actually up at the half.

Not saying that's indicative of the outcome...but just to put it in perspective.

"It's not how you start, it's how you finish"

or something like that

mistersykes
November 29th, 2008, 12:49 PM
SCSU is NOT DSU...

I REALLY wish I had ESPNU

I think that's the mistake people are making, comparing SCSU to DSU last year. Maybe more like Hampton's team that pushed UNH to the edge a couple of years back...

Mountain Panther
November 29th, 2008, 12:49 PM
Score?

jus10asu
November 29th, 2008, 12:50 PM
17-14 ASU

AppAlum96
November 29th, 2008, 12:50 PM
OMG they spent almost 30 whole seconds of the halftime show discussing FCS!

igo4uni
November 29th, 2008, 12:53 PM
OMG they spent almost 30 whole seconds of the halftime show discussing FCS!

that's good for espn networks.

MountaineerGuy
November 29th, 2008, 12:53 PM
yeah...my family and I were just noticing how Wes Welker and Michael Crabtree play for ASU...

WileECoyote06
November 29th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Or maybe Armanti is just throwing silly passes...not to rag on SCSU but I think Western capitalized on our mistakes as well or better than the bulldogs are right now. They were actually up at the half.

Not saying that's indicative of the outcome...but just to put it in perspective.

"It's not how you start, it's how you finish"

or something like that

True Dat! xthumbsupx

Mr. Tiger
November 29th, 2008, 12:56 PM
I think that's the mistake people are making, comparing SCSU to DSU last year. Maybe more like Hampton's team that pushed UNH to the edge a couple of years back...

I think people forget that Hampton and FAMU have represented the conference well in the past.

AppAlum96
November 29th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Perfect start to he 2nd half.

Big Dawg
November 29th, 2008, 01:00 PM

That's what I had been noticing too. People have to remember that all the MEAC teams are not the same.

MountaineerGuy
November 29th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Lol...

Hey we've got a great game going on here.

By the way, did you know? ASU beat Michigan last year.

mistersykes
November 29th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Great throw by Armanti!

AppChicago
November 29th, 2008, 01:06 PM
What's going on, guys?

(I'm without audio or video...)

AppAlum96
November 29th, 2008, 01:07 PM
That shoulda been a TD.

Edge316007
This is the App we all know and love

Edge316007
Long pass to Cline at the 1

AppAlum96
Rushing TD AE! 23-14 pending PAT.

MountaineerGuy
long bomb to cline, ruled just short, Armanti rushing td

24-14 pending extra pt.

mistersykes
Should have been a TD pass, instead its a 1 yard TD run by Armanti! 24-14 with the extra point.

Edge316007
TD run by Edwards!

MountaineerGuy
November 29th, 2008, 01:08 PM
I agree 96...that 'great tackle to keep him out of the endzone' wasn't so great...he got under Cline and he just rode it in.

I retract my earlier statement about them getting the calls right ;)

Big Dawg
November 29th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Lol...

Hey we've got a great game going on here.

By the way, did you know? ASU beat Michigan last year.

You sure that wasn't Delaware?

MountaineerGuy
November 29th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Who?

theasushow
November 29th, 2008, 01:12 PM
wow...321 passing yards for AE.

Big Dawg
Who?

xlolx

MountaineerGuy
xthumbsupx
xlolx

AppAlum96
November 29th, 2008, 01:13 PM
critical 3rd down for scsu

MountaineerGuy
pass interference

theasushow
i didnt think we could ring the 3rd down bells during the playoffs?? maybe they have to ring them for both teams.

MountaineerGuy
November 29th, 2008, 01:14 PM
waiting for replay...

Big Dawg
SCSU just caught a break

AppAlum96
Wow, these refs just let the players call their own penalties.

Edge316007
November 29th, 2008, 01:15 PM
i didnt think we could ring the 3rd down bells during the playoffs?? maybe they have to ring them for both teams.

I remember them being run in Round 2 and 3 but not the first round for some reason. Guess that changed

MarchingMountaineer
The officials aren't doing such a good job now.

Mr. Tiger
These referees are horrible.

Big Dawg
November 29th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Now here come the flags...like my coaches used to say "let the boys play, ref"

AppAlum96
November 29th, 2008, 01:18 PM
4th and 6...turned over on downs!

MountaineerGuy
November 29th, 2008, 01:18 PM
No pass interference this time...