PDA

View Full Version : FINAL PLAYOFF PREDICTIONS

Pages : 1 [2]

appstate1998
November 23rd, 2008, 05:10 PM
well in past years there have been some locks to make it to the playoffs that didn't so I'm wondering this year...is there a LOCK we all think that has already gotten in the playoffs is left out

ToTheLeft
November 23rd, 2008, 05:12 PM
well in past years there have been some locks to make it to the playoffs that didn't so I'm wondering this year...is there a LOCK we all think that has already gotten in the playoffs is left out

UNI's surprising low ratings in polls would suggest them, but I doubt there is anyway they are left out. Other than that, I would say everyone else is pretty safely in.

Syntax Error
November 23rd, 2008, 05:18 PM
Is this thread going to be closed at 7 p.m. and then reopened after the announcement?

charliej
November 23rd, 2008, 05:22 PM
Is it just me,or is anyone else getting fidgity? xrotatehx

Big Dawg
November 23rd, 2008, 05:24 PM

Interesting point...hmmm

Houndawg
November 23rd, 2008, 05:27 PM
You of all should understand the crazy things that happen when we play at each others stadiums.

Do you honestly think SIU is so good as to force FIVE turnovers against UNI, all at critical points in the game?

You "struggled" against Missouri State, North Dakota State (you lost), Illinois State, and South Dakota State.

The only close games UNI had were SIU and Youngstown. And Youngstown State was our back up QB's first start ever. Plus, Youngstown State considers us their biggest rival. We always have close games.

Making big plays on big downs has been our signature all season. xnodx

appstate1998
November 23rd, 2008, 05:28 PM
Is this thread going to be closed at 7 p.m. and then reopened after the announcement?

I better throw mine in then

Upper Bracket

Wofford @ #1 James Madison
William and Mary @ South Carolina State

Cal Poly @ #4 Montana
Texas State @ Weber State

Lower Bracket

Eastern Kentucky @ #2 Appalachian State
Liberty @ Richmond

Colgate @ #3 Villanova
Southern Illinois @ New Hampshire

clenz
November 23rd, 2008, 05:29 PM
UNI getting left out would not shock me.

It would piss me off to no end, and I can't even begin to describe what I would say.

ToTheLeft
November 23rd, 2008, 05:34 PM

Upper Bracket

Cal Poly @ #4 Montana

Lower Bracket

Liberty @ Richmond

Colgate @ #3 Villanova

The "UNI Gets Woofed" Bracket. Nicely done. :p

gbhmt
November 23rd, 2008, 05:35 PM

Upper Bracket

Cal Poly @ #4 Montana

Lower Bracket

Liberty @ Richmond

Colgate @ #3 Villanova

Switch Poly and Texas State and you'd have it right. If they had a choice of Weber playing Poly (both west, and neither have played each other) or UM playing Poly, I don't see why they would ever choose the former.

crunifan
November 23rd, 2008, 05:37 PM
That's funny. If a 10-2 UNI gets left out, I would not want to see the madness that ensues.

gbhmt
November 23rd, 2008, 05:38 PM
That's funny. If a 10-2 UNI gets left out, I would not want to see the madness that ensues.

It's not going to happen. There's just no justification to leave about a 10-win team, no matter who those wins were against.

ToTheLeft
November 23rd, 2008, 05:39 PM
It's not going to happen. There's just no justification to leave about a 10-win team, no matter who those wins were against.

Better qualify that with "10 DI wins"... otherwise Liberty is a lock. :)

clenz
November 23rd, 2008, 05:40 PM

But this 10 win team is UNI. UNI has never gotten into the playoffs without the AQ. As confident as us UNI fans seem about a seed and what not, there is a small part of all of us that is nervous we don't get in

appstate1998
November 23rd, 2008, 05:41 PM
i left UNI out on purpose because I think one team always gets screwed every year so I just figured I would do a scrooge bracket

bigappfan10
November 23rd, 2008, 05:43 PM
Can you imagine the excitement of the nation if they had a selection sunday in IA football like we have? Old, saggy college presidents who are stuck in the mud and can't get their head out of their $#%#....pitiful. Just can't get enough of Boston College versus Michigan State in the Aquafina Sun Bowl.. Riveting drama...So anyways, its almost time!!

Syntax Error
November 23rd, 2008, 08:52 PM
So who did the best at predicting the playoffs?

89Hen
November 23rd, 2008, 08:55 PM
Not me. I gave Liberty the last spot and had SIU with the seed instead of UNI. But I did get a couple game correct (the easy ones)

Weber State at Cal Poly

South Carolina State at Appalachian State (2)

Texas State at Montana (3)

appstate1998
November 23rd, 2008, 09:04 PM

i got wofford right lol

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 23rd, 2008, 09:06 PM

Modified 89's a bit.

Colgate at James Madison (1)
Richmond at Wofford

Villanova at CAl Poly (4)
Weber State at SIU

South Carolina State at Appalachian State (2)
Eastern Kentucky at New Hampshire

Texas State at Montana (3)
Maine at Northern Iowa

Page 1: I picked the AL's correctly, picked TSU @ Montana, Maine at UNI, SC State @ App.

I have no idea why I picked Maine xconfusedx

WMTribe90
November 23rd, 2008, 09:19 PM

Well I was right that the committee would pass on Liberty, but never thought they'd take Maine over WM. I don't recall seeing anybody with Maine in the brackets.