PDA

View Full Version : AGS Buchanan Winner

smallcollegefbfan
November 21st, 2008, 08:25 PM
Posters,

With the final list of Buchanan candidates out, the season winding down and just one game left for most, I thought it would be good to take a vote from fellow AGS posters. Let's see who AGS would select as the Payton winner.

I have picked 10 of the finalists from the official list and put them in the poll. I am setting the voting to close on the same day as it will for TSN voters, Friday, November 28th.

Let's see if our top 3 is close to the TSN top 3 and if we select the winner.

Remember to vote on who is the best defensive player in FCS and most importantly no homer votes. Be as impartial as you can!

Apologies ahead of time to those left off. Time to vote and best of luck to everyone!

uofmman1122
November 21st, 2008, 08:27 PM
There's no poll, but I can already tell you Greg Peach from Eastern Washington is going to win.

No one else is even close.

smallcollegefbfan
November 21st, 2008, 08:30 PM
There's no poll, but I can already tell you Greg Peach from Eastern Washington is going to win.

No one else is even close.

Added the poll. It took me a minute to type the names in but the post was already made. I agree but let's see who is 2nd or how much he wins by. This is just my personal prediction, although I could be wrong here.

mvemjsunpx
November 21st, 2008, 08:57 PM
Looking the stats on the Buchanan Watch list, DE Larry Hart of UCA looks to be the best. He has 20.5 TFL (on just 39 tackles total) and 11.5 sacks (.5 more than Peach).

Someone not on the list that should be in consideration is LB Christian Sarmento of Northern Colorado. He has 130 tackles (13 per game), 12 TFL, 9 sacks, and 5 forced fumbles. He won't win because he's on a 1 win team, but his stats are far superior to anyone on the list.

Reign of Terrier
November 21st, 2008, 09:00 PM
I voted Mcgree, he took away the pass against Wofford and no one has done that to us this year.

BEAR
November 21st, 2008, 09:05 PM
I voted Larry Hart, nonhomer reason actually. If you have seen him play, you will see why he's on his way to the next level very soon. He disrupts so much what an offense is trying to do. He's got the ability to outmanauver the offense with his hands and he is relentless from start to finish. Most of the time he is doubled up. I just wish someone had a video of him actually playing. Reminds me of Jacob Ford, another former Bear who is now on a 10-0 Titans team. They're cut from the same cloth. xthumbsupx

Syntax Error
November 21st, 2008, 09:08 PM
Added the poll. It took me a minute to type the names in but the post was already made. I agree but let's see who is 2nd or how much he wins by. :)Again, why do you make these polls when you have already said you think Peach is a shoo-in? What's the deal?

BEAR
November 21st, 2008, 09:10 PM
Again, why do you make these polls when you have already said you think Peach is a shoo-in? What's the deal?

Wow, something I actually agree with syntax error on..xlolx

AppAlum2003
November 21st, 2008, 09:10 PM
Again, why do you make these polls when you have already said you think Peach is a shoo-in? What's the deal?

I know! What an App homer! xmadx

xrolleyesx

Screamin_Eagle174
November 21st, 2008, 09:24 PM
Looking the stats on the Buchanan Watch list, DE Larry Hart of UCA looks to be the best. He has 20.5 TFL (on just 39 tackles total) and 11.5 sacks (.5 more than Peach).

Someone not on the list that should be in consideration is LB Christian Sarmento of Northern Colorado. He has 130 tackles (13 per game), 12 TFL, 9 sacks, and 5 forced fumbles. He won't win because he's on a 1 win team, but his stats are far superior to anyone on the list.

Looks that way because those are midseason stats.

Peach's current stats:

Games played: 10
Solo Tackles: 31
Assists: 36
Total: 67
TFL: 22.0-129yds
Sacks: 18.0-103yds
PBU: 1
QBH: 1

ASUMountaineer
November 21st, 2008, 09:26 PM
I voted for Mark Legree because I'm smart and I'm a xhomerx as pointed out before. Also, I have his jersey.

mvemjsunpx
November 21st, 2008, 09:33 PM
Looks that way because those are midseason stats.

Peach's current stats:

Games played: 10
Solo Tackles: 31
Assists: 36
Total: 67
TFL: 22.0-129yds
Sacks: 18.0-103yds
PBU: 1
QBH: 1

Whoops xoopsx

The Sports Network might want to, you know, update the stats…

Too bad I can't retract my Hart vote, but I'd still put Sarmento above Peach.

BEAR
November 21st, 2008, 09:48 PM
Larry Hart- Defensive End

39 Total Tackles,
20.5 Tackles For Loss,
11.5 Sacks,
4 Passes Broken Up,
1 Forced Fumble,
1 BLOCK Kick

Legree Defensive Back

47 TT,
1 Sack,
1 FF,
9 INT

Peach- Defensive End
40 TT,
13 TFL,
1 PBU
11 Sacks

It looks like the Defensive Ends have bigger numbers but lack in the INT category...because they are tacklers not pass break-up defenders. So what's more valuable, a hurried and sacked QB who is constantly forced to rush his game plan or an INT that changes the posession for the team? Guess we'll all have to decide that one! xlolx

mvemjsunpx
November 21st, 2008, 10:28 PM

39 Total Tackles,
20.5 Tackles For Loss,
11.5 Sacks,
4 Passes Broken Up,
1 Forced Fumble,
1 BLOCK Kick

Legree Defensive Back

47 TT,
1 Sack,
1 FF,
9 INT

Peach- Defensive End
40 TT,
13 TFL,
1 PBU
11 Sacks

It looks like the Defensive Ends have bigger numbers but lack in the INT category...because they are tacklers not pass break-up defenders. So what's more valuable, a hurried and sacked QB who is constantly forced to rush his game plan or an INT that changes the posession for the team? Guess we'll all have to decide that one! xlolx

Peach actually has 23.5 TFL and 18 sacks. The Sports Network doesn't have the updated stats up there for some reason.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 21st, 2008, 10:31 PM

39 Total Tackles,
20.5 Tackles For Loss,
11.5 Sacks,
4 Passes Broken Up,
1 Forced Fumble,
1 BLOCK Kick

Legree Defensive Back

47 TT,
1 Sack,
1 FF,
9 INT

Peach- Defensive End
40 TT,
13 TFL,
1 PBU
11 Sacks

The DEs who hurry the QB into throwing the picks... because he doesn't want to get hit by a truck named Peach!xthumbsupx

UNCBears2010
November 21st, 2008, 11:43 PM

Thank you. Sarmento is an absolute beast, and one hell of a guy, too. I'll miss him both on the field and on campus.

smallcollegefbfan
November 22nd, 2008, 12:03 AM

Curious to see if my prediction holds up. Looks like a close race so far.

smallcollegefbfan
November 22nd, 2008, 12:06 AM
Peach actually has 23.5 TFL and 18 sacks. The Sports Network doesn't have the updated stats up there for some reason.

Yeah I was about to say that Peach's stats are much better than that. I'm sure they will be right on the ballots mailed out to voters. xthumbsupx

smallcollegefbfan
November 22nd, 2008, 12:08 AM
I voted for Mark Legree because I'm smart and I'm a xhomerx as pointed out before. Also, I have his jersey.

You know if he were to get 2-3 INTs this weekend I might retract my Peach vote and say LeGree. I remember Lynch being quoted that LeGree would be a star and better than he was. LeGree is more athletic, faster, and better ball skills. He doesn't have the football IQ Lynch has but is learning the game and you can tell he is going to be a great one. Mathis won the Buchanan with 12 INTs I believe so if LeGree gets 11-12 then I might would go with him, unless Peach has a sack or two this weekend, and we all know that is probably more likely. xthumbsupx

smallcollegefbfan
November 22nd, 2008, 12:09 AM

I only put select players from the official watch list so that is why I did not pick him.

mvemjsunpx
November 22nd, 2008, 01:04 AM
I only put select players from the official watch list so that is why I did not pick him.

Yeah, I know. The official list was the one I was referring to.

ericsaid
November 22nd, 2008, 01:05 AM
I voted Mark Legree but in my honest opinion and what the stats have shown Greg Peach not only deserves to win but win but a comfortable margin.

smallcollegefbfan
November 22nd, 2008, 01:07 AM
Yeah, I know. The official list was the one I was referring to.

Just making sure. xthumbsupx

smallcollegefbfan
November 22nd, 2008, 01:08 AM
I voted Mark Legree but in my honest opinion and what the stats have shown Greg Peach not only deserves to win but win but a comfortable margin.

No homer votes... xnonox

I'm shocked there is a homer vote on this board. :D

ericsaid
November 22nd, 2008, 01:09 AM
I voted Mark Legree just because I couldn't dare vote for a non-App player when given the chance for an award of this magnitude.

He won't win but should be an All American.

Proud Griz Man
November 22nd, 2008, 01:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgqlG-qxTVM

I just had to.

Proud Griz Man
November 22nd, 2008, 01:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgqlG-qxTVM

I just had to.

The Anderson kid walked on at UM, earned a scholarship and earned his playing time. Reportedly runs a 4.48 and throws up outrategous weight-room numbers. Tough butte kid.

another saturday morning cup of coffee wake-up call:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdAdIaw1wPY&feature=related

gsugt1
November 22nd, 2008, 06:41 AM
I wrote in Chris Covington of GSU. :D