PDA

View Full Version : Best FCS Player in the NFL Currently?

Hoyadestroya85
November 18th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Since i saw the thread for the best FCS player in history and I thought that I'd add this one

bandl
November 18th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Brian Westbrook. Discussion over.

danefan
November 18th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Kurt Warner is having an MVP season. Anybody else on that list having one?

Hoyadestroya85
November 18th, 2008, 02:29 PM

Jacobs.. he's the biggest producer on arguably the best team. He's also averaging more Yards Per Carry and Touchdowns than Purple Jesus.

bandl
November 18th, 2008, 02:31 PM

But he gets the privilege of playing in the absolute worst division in the history of the NFL. ;)

The Eagles are absolutely nothing without Westbrook (and the stats prove it when he has been out). And yes, I hate the Eagles. And yes, I hate Westbrook.

SideLine Shooter
November 18th, 2008, 02:33 PM

Have to agree. Kurt is having a GREAT year!xnodx

danefan
November 18th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Jacobs.. he's the biggest producer on arguably the best team. He's averaging more Yards Per Carry and Touchdowns than Purple Jesus.

Yeah, but he's not getting enough carries, IMO, to be an MVP candidate. He's only got two 100+ yard games and he has 2 sub-50 yard games.

Hoyadestroya85
November 18th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Yeah, but he's not getting enough carries, IMO, to be an MVP candidate. He's only got two 100+ yard games and he has 2 sub-50 yard games.

You never know, his carries could pick up as the season grinds on because the schedule is getting harder. Kurt is having a fantastic year though, and I was smart enough to pick him in my fantasy draft :D

AppAlum2003
November 18th, 2008, 03:08 PM
I don't really know the answer... but that sure looks like a Pro Bowl team to me. It's interesting that the subdivision that supposedly has the "inferior" talent is producing some of the best NFL talent. Suck it, BCS.

Hoyadestroya85
November 18th, 2008, 03:16 PM
I don't really know the answer... but that sure looks like a Pro Bowl team to me. It's interesting that the subdivision that supposedly has the "inferior" talent is producing some of the best NFL talent. Suck it, BCS.

Talent can come out of nowhere. A great example of that is London Fletcher coming from John Carroll. The FCS/I-AA guys are guys who may have been an inch too short or a step too slow, but you don't have to be the most physically gifted guy on earth to be a football player, you just need good technique, instincts and heart because the odds are stacked against them.

93henfan
November 18th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Injury hampering B-West this year. He's done zero in the last two games for the Eagles. I had to go with Brandon Jacobs. That guy is a freak of nature.

Hoyadestroya85
November 18th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Injury hampering B-West this year. He's done zero in the last two games for the Eagles. I had to go with Brandon Jacobs. That guy is a freak of nature.
There is no question in my mind that Brian Westbrook is the most valuable player in the league to his team.. when he doesn't produce, they don't win.

appstate1998
November 18th, 2008, 03:53 PM
am I missing something or shouldn't Rashean Mathis be on this list

Hoyadestroya85
November 18th, 2008, 04:07 PM
am I missing something or shouldn't Rashean Mathis be on this list
i was thinking of putting him on, but i thought the other 9 (maybe with the exception of Sharper) were better.. but he was the first one out

appmaj
November 18th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Brian Westbrook. Discussion over.

Agreed

UNIFanSince1983
November 18th, 2008, 05:20 PM
It is Kurt Warner, but Cortland Finnegan is having a hell of a year on the best team in the NFL.

AppAlum2003
November 18th, 2008, 05:47 PM
It is Kurt Warner, but Cortland Finnegan is having a hell of a year on the best team in the NFL.

Finnegan is having a good year, but he's a thug with an attitude problem. He runs his mouth like you wouldn't believe.

Hoyadestroya85
November 18th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Cortland Finnegan.. another reason I hate the Irish xthumbsupx

UNHWildCats
November 18th, 2008, 06:49 PM
But he gets the privilege of playing in the absolute worst division in the history of the NFL. ;)

The Eagles are absolutely nothing without Westbrook (and the stats prove it when he has been out). And yes, I hate the Eagles. And yes, I hate Westbrook.
there nothing with him too xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

asucrutch23
November 18th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Kurt Warner xbowx xbowx xbowx

Future 3-time NFL MVP. xthumbsupx

SU Jag
November 18th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Rashean Mathis -Bethune Cookman
Robert Mathis- Alabama A&M
Antione Bathea- Howard
Justin Durrant- Hampton

bandl
November 18th, 2008, 08:26 PM
there nothing with him too xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

they are only one game worse than the Pats (or would it only be a 1/2 game because of a tie?). Speaking of a team no good without one particular player....xwhistlex

appstate1998
November 18th, 2008, 09:33 PM
god forbid Cassell throw for 400 yards and rush for 60...something that has never been done before in the history of the NFL....man they sure miss Brady

UNIFanSince1983
November 18th, 2008, 10:37 PM
I can't believe no one has voted for Terrell Owens. And Randy Moss isn't even on this list. He only set the record for receiving TDs in a season last year, but I guess he isn't having the best year this year if that is what we are going off of.

WWII
November 18th, 2008, 11:05 PM
As a Giants fan, I wanted to say Jacobs, but I think it's Warner.

93henfan
November 18th, 2008, 11:57 PM
I can't believe no one has voted for Terrell Owens.

Uh, maybe because he's a bleep-hole?

appstate1998
November 19th, 2008, 03:19 AM
Uh, maybe because he's a bleep-hole?

don't forget that he also sucks this year, and quite possibly the worst route runner in the NFL. He's not even a top 30 receiver anymore and the thread is best FCS player currently.

Hoyadestroya85
November 19th, 2008, 05:21 AM
I can't believe no one has voted for Terrell Owens. And Randy Moss isn't even on this list. He only set the record for receiving TDs in a season last year, but I guess he isn't having the best year this year if that is what we are going off of.

Wasn't marshall in the transition period for a couple years with randy moss?

appstate1998
November 19th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Wasn't marshall in the transition period for a couple years with randy moss?

Moss went to Marshall because Notre Dame revoked his scholarship after he was charged with battery in high school and then Florida State kicked him off their team because he violated his probation from the battery case.

Thats why he went to Marshall in 1996, which was their last year in I-AA. So technically, he was drafted by a 1-a school.

AppIAA
November 19th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Are we talking about the best player or most valuable player? In my mind, those are 2 completely different things...

Best player - Brian Westbrook
MVP - Kurt Warner

bandl
November 19th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Funny that even in a poll like this everyone can CLEARLY see that the CAA is the best in FCS and the NFC East is the best in the NFL!! xlolx

93henfan
November 19th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Funny that even in a poll like this everyone can CLEARLY see that the CAA is the best in FCS and the NFC East is the best in the NFL!! xlolx

Isn't the MVFC in a slight lead?

bandl
November 19th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Isn't the MVFC in a slight lead?

I'm just talking about the number of players mentioned from each conference... xpeacex

Oh, and it's just a joke. But I'm sure somebody that has too much time on their hands will get pissy about it.

93henfan
November 19th, 2008, 10:34 AM
But I'm sure somebody that has too much time on their hands will get pissy about it.

Not me. I'm well aware of the best conference in FCS and the best division in the NFL, just like you are.

UNCBears2010
November 19th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Vincent Jackson has been better than both Colston and Owens this year, he should be on this list.xrulesx

BTW, I voted for Jared Allen, the guy is a freak of nature.

Rekdiver
November 19th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Kurt Warner

If he were close to the eastern media he would be getting love!

appfan2008
November 20th, 2008, 12:06 PM
it came down to warner and westbrook for me just like so many others but i went with the mvp candidate... but westbrook may be the better player...

AggieFinn
November 20th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Vincent Jackson has been better than both Colston and Owens this year, he should be on this list.

Glad there are some Bears out there reminding us of VJ. He has been a killer for San Diego, and he was unstoppable at UNC..at times he was the Bears' entire offense.

However, without a doubt, to me, Kurt Warner is in talks for MVP, doesn't get much better than that. We'll see how he does agianst the Giants...they're a darn good football team.

jaxstatealum
November 20th, 2008, 02:12 PM
What gives? I can't vote for Romo and Owens xlolx

Look I'm a Cowboy fan, so..... I can't be impartial on this one xwhistlex

appstate1998
November 23rd, 2008, 02:50 PM
Apparently Romo and Owens read AGS...they are having a hell of a game together today

nutterlyattled
November 24th, 2008, 10:36 AM

i agree he has had a very consistent career too... xconfusedx
westbrook is the best overall

eaglewithabus
November 24th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Rob Bironas :D

Pantherpower
November 24th, 2008, 10:47 PM
Have to agree. Kurt is having a GREAT year!xnodx

Thanks for the props about Warner, Shooter, but please change your avatar as it has a temporary blinding effect where I pass out. When I come to, I'm usually in the fetal position sucking my thumb.xbawlingx xpeacex

luflame15
November 25th, 2008, 12:16 AM
I would say Kurt Warner.

AppMAN04
November 28th, 2008, 10:42 AM
I am not a Giants fan but Jacobs is a beast!

Canyoncat
December 1st, 2008, 05:23 PM
Hard to compare players from different positions. For example what about Michael Roos of the Tennessee Titans and former Eastern Washington Eagle? He is a damn good player, but plays on the O-Line.

IMHO Jarred Allen is the best football player from FCS at this moment. He lead the NFL in sacks last year and has 11 so far this year. Watched him last night and he had a great game.

nmatsen
December 1st, 2008, 05:37 PM
I love Jared Allen but you realize that you just said he is the best FCS player in the pro's right? Kurt Warner is is about 11 TD passes and a 1,000 yards away over the next four games (very acheivable) from being the NFL's MVP, thats amongst all IA, IAA, DII, DII, NAIA, THE BEST!

EdubAlum
December 1st, 2008, 10:09 PM
Future Probowler Michael Roos

wildcats86
December 2nd, 2008, 02:53 PM

In my opinion, most of the FCS guys feel like they got the shaft when they didn't get the bid to play for a big-time BCS program, or any BCS program for that matter. They may not have the talent, but they sure have the heart. They play with a chip on their shoulder and work harder to prove people wrong. Just a thought...

TCisMYhero
December 2nd, 2008, 03:08 PM
I'm voting for Kurt "It's Not the USSR(?)" Warner.

Canyoncat
December 2nd, 2008, 03:13 PM
I love Jared Allen but you realize that you just said he is the best FCS player in the pro's right? Kurt Warner is is about 11 TD passes and a 1,000 yards away over the next four games (very acheivable) from being the NFL's MVP, thats amongst all IA, IAA, DII, DII, NAIA, THE BEST!

When Warner was in St. Louis I would agree he was the best. I think Jarred Allen is the best right now! To me Warner isn't MVP material because his team is only 7-5. Yes they are leading their division, but it is a weak division. He has those numbers because he has no running game and probably the best set of WR's in the game. If we are talking about MVP, then Eli Manning is the MVP and that's coming from a Cowboys fan.

AZGrizFan
December 2nd, 2008, 03:15 PM

Worst division or not, the Cards would be 3-8 without Warner. He's the best on that list THIS year, hands down.

CamelCityAppFan
December 2nd, 2008, 04:02 PM
In my opinion, most of the FCS guys feel like they got the shaft when they didn't get the bid to play for a big-time BCS program, or any BCS program for that matter. They may not have the talent, but they sure have the heart. They play with a chip on their shoulder and work harder to prove people wrong. Just a thought...

I think that's probably true for some FCS players, but I think the vast majority realize that college is the last time they'll play organized football, and they work and play hard to get the most out of it. That many can take advantage of a schollie and get the education paid for is gravy.

luflame15
December 5th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Kurt Warner by far is the best FCS player still currently palying.

eaglesrthe1
December 10th, 2008, 08:51 PM
I had to go with other, since GSU's Adrian Peterson wasn't on the list.

Now, if the poll had been "The Best Current NFL Player From the FCS", we could open it up for discussion.

:D xrulesx :D