PDA

View Full Version : Flacco's Private Pre-Draft Workout

ChickenMan
November 16th, 2008, 08:09 AM
From today's Baltimore Sun.. a report on Joe Flacco's private pre-draft workout for the Ravens.

5 INCOMPLETIONS OUT OF 150!

Baltimore’s evaluators were stunned.

“We saw all the things we’re seeing today,” Jackson described. “His arm was alive. He showed athleticism. He showed a willingness to learn – and learn fast. The accuracy was something else. And, we saw a fire. He was competing against us in those drills. He wanted to beat whatever we were throwing at him.”

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/Articles/2008/11/Byrne_Identity_-_Private_Pre-Draft_Workout.aspx

Rob Iola
November 16th, 2008, 09:06 AM
God Himself wouldn't go 150 passes without 5 incompletions. Chuck Norris yes, but not God...

Hoyadestroya85
November 16th, 2008, 10:06 AM
I wonder if that takes drops into account

93henfan
November 16th, 2008, 10:08 AM
It will be interesting to see how the rook does against the defending champs in the swamp today. It's certainly a tall order, but a win here and I don't see how he's not on everyone's ROY radar.

BULLDOG8180
November 25th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Good Article. And good for Flacco.

UD97HENS
November 27th, 2008, 08:09 AM
I am by far not a Ravens fan, but am happy for Joe making the impact that he has made in Baltimore. I only wish Andy Hall was given the same oppurtunity by Philly.

Rob Iola
November 27th, 2008, 08:59 AM
I am by far not a Ravens fan, but am happy for Joe making the impact that he has made in Baltimore. I only wish Andy Hall was given the same oppurtunity by Philly.
Andy Hall was a very special QB and certainly was in the right place at the right time (the '03 team was as solid as UD ever had), but he's simply no Joe Flacco - Flacco's a total freak of nature...

93henfan
November 27th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Flacco vs Hall is an unfair comparison. Clearly, Flacco is the better QB and his situation was totally different. Flacco, as a 1st round pick, was slated to start at some point and when Boller and Smith both succumbed to injury/illness, Flacco was #1 on the depth chart. Thankfully, he has seized the opportunity and held his own.

Hall was a 6th round pick, and the Eagles had McNabb, Detmer, and Blake above him on the depth chart. He was slated as a practice squad player at best, but then getting a DUI pretty much ended his NFL career. This was before the big Mormon head coach's sons were revealed as budding young felons and he was still taking the moral high ground on disciplinary infractions. I guess Andy Hall is still peddling around in the Arena League, no?

UD97HENS
November 27th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Honestly if I am not mistaken he isnt even playin arena ball now...I will check and get back to ya. Oh don't get me wrong. I am not comparing the two, I saw both do some amazing things while playing in the hen house....Andy was good at bringin the Hens back when we were down....Joe just took the bull by the horns from the kick off and decimated teams....anyone remember DSU @ UD 07??? LOL...Funny thing have heard much out of Dover lately wanting a rematch...lol

UD97HENS
November 27th, 2008, 12:02 PM
According to wikipedia.com...Andy played with the Austin Wranglers in 2008 and lead them to the playoffs, the funny thing, as you put it...he was meddling around the AFL, but he does not show up on any teams roster....anyway this thread is about The Raven/Hen Mr.FLacco....anyone else notice that he seems to stick with the birds?? Ravens...Hens...lol

Pards Rule
December 2nd, 2008, 07:32 AM
I wished the Eagles hadn't drafted Kolb and waited a year and picked up Joe. They had to be familiar with him but they had already shot their bullet on QB future with Kevin Kolb.

GoBlueHens83
December 2nd, 2008, 07:46 AM
I am just glad Joe is doing well. It is great turning on the TV on Sunday and watching Joe play.

GannonFan
December 2nd, 2008, 10:43 AM
I wished the Eagles hadn't drafted Kolb and waited a year and picked up Joe. They had to be familiar with him but they had already shot their bullet on QB future with Kevin Kolb.

Not sure the Eagles even had the means to trade up to get Joe where Baltimore drafted him - where'd he go, mid-teens in the first round? And Baltimore pulled the trigger when they did out of fear of someone else taking him - if the Eagles were putting out indications that they might be a player to draft him then Flacco could've have gone even sooner. I just don't think the Birds could've gotten him drafting where they were and not having the means to greatly improve that drafting position.

ASUG8
December 2nd, 2008, 10:58 AM

I agree on the Ravens comment, but it's great to see a fellow FCS alum doing well against the odds. He has a very bright future! Congrats Hens!xthumbsupx

Pards Rule
December 2nd, 2008, 12:30 PM
Not sure the Eagles even had the means to trade up to get Joe where Baltimore drafted him - where'd he go, mid-teens in the first round? And Baltimore pulled the trigger when they did out of fear of someone else taking him - if the Eagles were putting out indications that they might be a player to draft him then Flacco could've have gone even sooner. I just don't think the Birds could've gotten him drafting where they were and not having the means to greatly improve that drafting position.

Didnt the Eagles trade up to get Kolb?

GannonFan
December 2nd, 2008, 01:34 PM
Didnt the Eagles trade up to get Kolb?

Not that I recall - the Eagles had the 26th pick in the draft that year, traded with the cowboys (cowboys got the Eagles' first round pick in exchange for the Cowboys first second round pick (Cleveland's spot at the 36th pick), and the cowboy's 3rd and 5th round picks. The Eagles stayed put and then picked Kolb with the 36th as there were apparently some teams trying to get ahead of the Eagles to get Kolb.

But I withdraw my earlier point - the Eagles could've gotten Flacco had they wished - the Eagles original 1st round pick in the '08 draft was #19 - Flacco eventually went to the Ravens at the 18th pick after the Ravens first traded back and then up to get him. The Eagles, of course, traded out of the first round to get Carolina's 2nd and 4th and their #1 pick in '09.

Pards Rule
December 2nd, 2008, 02:43 PM
Damn! But they didnt cause they had already signed Kolb.