PDA

View Full Version : No. 8 Umass wins 20th New England title

saint0917
April 28th, 2005, 09:15 AM
The No. 8 Umass lacrosse team captured its 20th New England Championship with a 8-5 win over Harvard......

Umass Wins 20th title (http://umassathletics.collegesports.com/sports/m-lacros/recaps/042605aaa.html)

PAllen
April 28th, 2005, 09:53 AM
Couldn't read your link, but interesting, I've never heard of this "title" before. I'm assuming it's just the UMass, Dartmouth, Harvard, Yale, Brown, etc. with the best record against each other. Still always a good sign to be the best in your region.

saint0917
April 28th, 2005, 11:00 AM
Couldn't read your link, but interesting, I've never heard of this "title" before. I'm assuming it's just the UMass, Dartmouth, Harvard, Yale, Brown, etc. with the best record against each other. Still always a good sign to be the best in your region.

The link should be working now.

blueballs
April 28th, 2005, 01:39 PM
Congrats on the title. Syracuse wasn't the best team to schedule for Senior Day, they are tough this year!!!

bkrownd
April 29th, 2005, 05:06 AM
Congrats on the title. Syracuse wasn't the best team to schedule for Senior Day, they are tough this year!!!

Usually losing to Syracuse can be passed off as being outgunned, but with Syracuse having a down year it would be doubly frustrating to lose this time.

NE Championship used to be a bigger deal back a decade plus when Brown was more of a rival, and before the ECAC started. I think tournament spots were given out by region a ways back before that, too. Nice to hear that somebody remembers it.