PDA

View Full Version : FCS sweeps RoY and MVP honours?

turfdoc
November 12th, 2008, 09:32 AM
With Flacco and Warner having the year they are having who thinks that this may happen?

If it does happen who thinks anyone at ESPN or any of the major networks will even mention it?

AppStateSVX
November 12th, 2008, 10:20 AM
no way in hell that Flacco gets ROY over Matt Ryan. Ryan took a horrible team and turned them around, Flacco took a team that was already solid

UNHFan99
November 12th, 2008, 11:15 AM
there are probably 5 guys at least ahead of Flacco for ROY. Tim Hightower might get it though.

UNHWildCats
November 12th, 2008, 12:39 PM
there are probably 5 guys at least ahead of Flacco for ROY. Tim Hightower might get it though.
at this point Hightower isnt in the conversation.

Right now its probably Matt Ryan with Chris Johnson, Joe Flacco and Matt Forte behind him.

Rob Iola
November 12th, 2008, 12:59 PM
I'm guessing Flacco's behind Ryan and Johnson.

HOWEVER, should Baltimore beat some combination of NFC East teams and Pittsburgh to end up 12-4 or 11-5, AND if Atlanta and Tennessee cool off, I think Flacco might have an outside chance.

Peems
November 12th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Forte is the bears offense. Ryan is the falcons team

appstate1998
November 12th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Ryan is already an average QB as a rookie but I think he has some good competetion with Forte, Hightower and Johnson. Warner and Brees are probably the frontrunners for MVP. Right now I give the edge to Warner. Has the best QB rating in the league.

I disagree though that Ryan is the sole turnaround of the Falcons. In my opinion Michael Turner has turned the offense around and opened up the door for Ryan to play ok. Turner has turned around his career and the falcons. He has more yards in 9 games than he had in his previous 30. He is averaging more ypg this year than the entire falcons team did last year.

They are passing for about the same ypg as they did last year. In all honesty, Ryan has about the same stats as Harrington had. I think Ryan is getting way too much credit for the falcons turnaround instead of Turner.

AppStateSVX
November 15th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Turner has definitely helped the team, along with Norwood finally being utilized, but is not the reason for the turnaround. Ryan's leadership has bonded that team together.

No way he is close to Harrington's ineptness. Harrington only had 7 TDs in 12 games, with 8 INTs. Ryan has 11 TDs in 9 games, with 5 INTs.

Harrington could not throw a deep pass to save his life, Ryan's FIRST pass of his career was a 62 yard strike for a TD. No comparison

appstate1998
November 15th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Turner has definitely helped the team, along with Norwood finally being utilized, but is not the reason for the turnaround. Ryan's leadership has bonded that team together.

No way he is close to Harrington's ineptness. Harrington only had 7 TDs in 12 games, with 8 INTs. Ryan has 11 TDs in 9 games, with 5 INTs.

Harrington could not throw a deep pass to save his life, Ryan's FIRST pass of his career was a 62 yard strike for a TD. No comparison

Don't get me wrong I think Ryan is better than Harrington....but you can pick which stats you want. Harrington had a better completion % (please don't think I am defending Harrington, he shouldn't be an NFL starter ever anywhere) but you have to think....Atlanta had NO running game last year. That had to rely on Harrington and he was throwing it up a lot more than Ryan. Turner has allowed Ryan more freedom. Last year everyone knew Atlanta couldn't rush the ball so all they did was focus on the pass.

I also believe Ryan will win the award...but I'm not buying his performance outshines Turner.

And nothing to discredit the "62 yard strike" but one they were playing the Lions and two Jenkins ran for 40 plus yards after the catch. Yes it was a great 15-20 yard pass though that his receiver evaded two defenders and sped away for the touchdown

AppStateSVX
November 16th, 2008, 10:01 AM
i see your points but hey......at least we both can celebrate this season. haha.

i'm not trying to discredit Turner in any way either.....the man is a beast and I am extremely glad we picked him up. The Falcons finally have a dual-thread offense. Good days are ahead.

Rob Iola
November 16th, 2008, 10:50 AM
BTW, are we talking about the NFL or the CFL?

appstate1998
November 16th, 2008, 03:18 PM
i see your points but hey......at least we both can celebrate this season. haha.

i'm not trying to discredit Turner in any way either.....the man is a beast and I am extremely glad we picked him up. The Falcons finally have a dual-thread offense. Good days are ahead.

I'm actually a Bear fan...but ever since I moved to Georgia this past year all I see is Atlanta games usually.

AppStateSVX
November 21st, 2008, 12:21 PM
I'm actually a Bear fan...but ever since I moved to Georgia this past year all I see is Atlanta games usually.

ouch. 11 seconds? ;)