PDA

View Full Version : FCS Publicity in the NFL...or Not?

CarolinaGirl
November 11th, 2008, 05:24 PM
It was cool to hear Jaws talk about Flacco on PTI last night....until he said "Division II" Delaware. A newspaper article yesterday said the same thing about Thigpen, "Division II" school Coastal Carolina. Do these self-proclaimed football professionals know that FCS is Division I-AA? Or do they really think these guys came from Division II schools? Obviously, it's a lack of information/homework on their part. With all of the talk that both Flacco and Thig are creating this season, one would think these NFL guys would get their crap together and get their facts straight. xsmhx
Originally I was just happy when announcers talked about Tolbert or Thig, they said Coastal Carolina and didn't try to pronounce Chanticleers. ;)

Cleets
November 11th, 2008, 05:59 PM
It was cool to hear Jaws talk about Flacco on PTI last night....until he said "Division II" Delaware. A newspaper article yesterday said the same thing about Thigpen, "Division II" school Coastal Carolina. Do these self-proclaimed football professionals know that FCS is Division I-AA? Or do they really think these guys came from Division II schools? Obviously, it's a lack of information/homework on their part. With all of the talk that both Flacco and Thig are creating this season, one would think these NFL guys would get their crap together and get their facts straight. xsmhx
Originally I was just happy when announcers talked about Tolbert or Thig, they said Coastal Carolina and didn't try to pronounce Chanticleers. ;)

I think it's because when Jaws graduated from Delaware it was Div. II (way back then) xlolx

danefan
November 11th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Jaws went to YSU, but it was DII when he played.

However, his kids go to (or have graduated from) Delaware so you'd think he'd know.