PDA

View Full Version : I-AA Breakdown 11/12

wvudsean
November 12th, 2005, 07:11 PM
As of this typing (before many late games come to an end) there are just 22 teams (not including the mid-majors) with the ability to finish with 3 losses or less. Could this be the year of the 4-loss at-large?

I-AA Breakdown 11/12 (To Be Updated as Games go Final) (http://www.geocities.com/upsets/iaabreakdown1112.htm)

Tim James
November 12th, 2005, 07:16 PM
I never thought I'd see a 4 loss at large and I dont think we will see it this year. I think they'd take a weaker 3 loss team over a better 4 loss team ignoring strength of schedule.

R.A.
November 12th, 2005, 07:24 PM
Four loss teams don't make the playoffs. I like your page by the way.

wvudsean
November 12th, 2005, 07:27 PM
The Committee's rules this year say they consider any team with 7+ Division I wins as opposed to previous years where there was the verbage against teams with more than 3 losses. That's why all the 4 loss teams are listed.

Glad you like the page, am doing it on a different computer this week and the spreadsheet didn't transfer. (don't have excel here) Hoping the word version holds up with the changes.

wvudsean
November 12th, 2005, 08:17 PM
Updated to show the Gateway championship for UNI. If someone sees an error with one of the tiebreaker scenarios let me know, I know every conference does it differently.

vuasu
November 12th, 2005, 08:28 PM
ASU has locked up the automatic bid for the Southern Conference.

wvudsean
November 12th, 2005, 08:59 PM
Updated with AppState winning the SoCon. By the way, what's the tiebreaker that gives them the edge if GSU, Furman, and them all end up 5-2? (Not that I think App will lose to Elon but just curious)

vuasu
November 12th, 2005, 09:34 PM
If ASU loses and Furman wins, that creates a 3-way tie at 5-2. Furman's win over UTC would give Western Carolina 4th place in the conference at 4-3. Furman, ASU, and GSU would be 1-1 against each other. Then, it goes to performance against the next highest team, which is Western. Since Furman lost to WCU while GSU and ASU beat them, that would eliminate Furman from the equation. Then you go head-to-head GSU v. ASU and ASU wins that tiebreaker and the bid. Hopefully, ASU just wins and takes it outright, but ASU does the have the autobid either way.

wvudsean
November 13th, 2005, 08:47 AM
Thanks for the explanation... I've updated the late games from last night onto the chart.

ISUMatt
November 13th, 2005, 10:59 AM
Four loss teams don't make the playoffs. I like your page by the way.

But some 4 loss teams do qualify like Illinois State and Im not counting us out until the pairing are announced!!! 7 D-I wins is all you need to have a shot and we have accomplished that!!!