PDA

View Full Version : W&M @ JMU thread

Pages : 1 [2]

StrikeJMU
November 15th, 2008, 02:53 PM
o-line.

93henfan
November 15th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Hens pick 6 on Richmond, btw. 7-0 Delaware. Good for you JMU fans.

StrikeJMU
November 15th, 2008, 02:54 PM
lets go Hens.

StrikeJMU
November 15th, 2008, 02:57 PM
TD W&M.

South Carolina Duke
November 15th, 2008, 02:57 PM
I would like to see what Dudzik can do.... haven't ordered that jersey yet

Mickey needs to get Rodney out of there. Against Deleware Drew looked ok.

South Carolina Duke
November 15th, 2008, 02:59 PM
more impressive today? o-line or d-line?

Tough call, but I would have to say offensive line.

StrikeJMU
November 15th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Landers still in.

JMU Newbill
November 15th, 2008, 03:00 PM
hopefully landers plays this smart and doesnt try to break any runs....

StrikeJMU
November 15th, 2008, 03:01 PM
Landers out.

JMU Newbill
November 15th, 2008, 03:03 PM
get the seniors in

South Carolina Duke
November 15th, 2008, 03:05 PM

Go Hens. Squash the Tics

JMU Newbill
November 15th, 2008, 03:07 PM
alright..... time to go in the living room and watch some other games...... go dukes!

one week away from earning a home playoff game!

StrikeJMU
November 15th, 2008, 03:07 PM

I sense some hostility.

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 15th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Just got home from the game......congrats to the Dukes....CAA Champs!!

Go Dukes...

bullseye44
November 15th, 2008, 08:39 PM
JMU definitely dominated both lines today, but much moreso on the offensive side.

I was disappointed to see that Jimmye went back to his more conservative playcalling on both sides of the ball for this game. It wouldn't have changed the win/loss column I don't think, but he didn't call any of the blitz packages that have been effective for us all season. If we're going to give up the long ball to their passing game playing conservatively, I'd much rather at least try to slow Landers down with some more creative playcalling.

Hopefully Richmond doesn't manhandle us the way the Dukes did. As much as I hate to say it, JMU looked like the #1 seed today. xeekx

BDKJMU
November 15th, 2008, 10:37 PM
Good game W&M. I had predicted 45-31 JMU, so JMU's offense didn't surprise me. 10 possessions, only 2 JMU didn't score on. 1st half punt and kneeldown at end of game.

I was impressed by JMU's defense. I know W&M has a good offense, as usual. I think the JMU d-line might be the most talented in the league as far as a front 4 (I know UR fans will beg to differ, and Nova plays that hybrid 3-4/3-5-3 or whatever it is). The JMU secondary did a good job. But most importantly for JMU, the LB play, which looked much improved from the Nova game to the UD game, looked improved from the UD game to the W&M game (I watched the JMU-UD game on my DVR, closely watching the LBs, and there were still some problems. I would like to see a tape of this game, but it wasn't televised) Now Vidal Nelson has 3 starts under his belt at LB since permanently moving up from safety, and it shows.

End of 3rd qtr statistics showed JMU 490 yds, W&M 169. 1st 6 plays of the 4th qtr JMU added another 23 yards to finish off their last TD drive to go up 45-10. W&M ended up with 294 yds offense, as they had those 2 4th qtr scoring drives, the 2nd one against JMU's backups. This game was really more of a route than the score indicated.

Rodney Landers. WOW! 14 of 19, 212, 3 TDs, no INTs. 18 carries, 148 yards, 1 TD. Landers has 14 passing Tds on the season, only 3 INTs. Last 6 games, 11 TD passes, 0 INTs.

Nice to see Eugene Holloman finally get a 100 yard game this season, with 23 carries for 130 yards, 2 TDs. Won't be getting 1st team All CAA as he was billed pre season, but with another big game vs Towson, could still be in line for 2nd or 3rd team.
http://www.jmusports.com/fls/14400/stats/football/2008/w&m.htm

I don't see W&M beating UR, but if Archer as a senior QB (I assume he'll be the W&M starter next yr) has a good year next year W&M could be a playoff team next year, as they show 17 starters back from the game notes 2 deep from this game.

BDKJMU
November 16th, 2008, 12:05 AM
http://www.dnronline.com/sports_details.php?AID=33324&CHID=3&sub=

Tribe4SF
November 16th, 2008, 07:22 AM
Good game W&M. I had predicted 45-31 JMU, so JMU's offense didn't surprise me. 10 possessions, only 2 JMU didn't score on. 1st half punt and kneeldown at end of game.

I was impressed by JMU's defense. I know W&M has a good offense, as usual. I think the JMU d-line might be the most talented in the league as far as a front 4 (I know UR fans will beg to differ, and Nova plays that hybrid 3-4/3-5-3 or whatever it is). The JMU secondary did a good job. But most importantly for JMU, the LB play, which looked much improved from the Nova game to the UD game, looked improved from the UD game to the W&M game (I watched the JMU-UD game on my DVR, closely watching the LBs, and there were still some problems. I would like to see a tape of this game, but it wasn't televised) Now Vidal Nelson has 3 starts under his belt at LB since permanently moving up from safety, and it shows.

End of 3rd qtr statistics showed JMU 490 yds, W&M 169. 1st 6 plays of the 4th qtr JMU added another 23 yards to finish off their last TD drive to go up 45-10. W&M ended up with 294 yds offense, as they had those 2 4th qtr scoring drives, the 2nd one against JMU's backups. This game was really more of a route than the score indicated.

Rodney Landers. WOW! 14 of 19, 212, 3 TDs, no INTs. 18 carries, 148 yards, 1 TD. Landers has 14 passing Tds on the season, only 3 INTs. Last 6 games, 11 TD passes, 0 INTs.

Nice to see Eugene Holloman finally get a 100 yard game this season, with 23 carries for 130 yards, 2 TDs. Won't be getting 1st team All CAA as he was billed pre season, but with another big game vs Towson, could still be in line for 2nd or 3rd team.
http://www.jmusports.com/fls/14400/stats/football/2008/w&m.htm

I don't see W&M beating UR, but if Archer as a senior QB (I assume he'll be the W&M starter next yr) has a good year next year W&M could be a playoff team next year, as they show 17 starters back from the game notes 2 deep from this game.

Archer will be the QB, and I expect the Tribe to be improved again next year. He has all the tools to be very good. The turnaround has begun, but we're not at the elite level yet.

South Carolina Duke
November 16th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Congrats to the Dukes. Eugene was finally healthy enough to play as expected.

Grimes for W&M is a very good RB.

bullseye44
November 16th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Congrats to the Dukes. Eugene was finally healthy enough to play as expected.

Grimes for W&M is a very good RB.

Definitely looking forward to 3 more years of Grimes. I hope we find a way to get Riggins involved more. He's a beast (averaging 9 yards per carry), who split carries with Grimes before he got hurt. Definitely have the ability to be a great 1-2 punch.

mcveyrl
November 17th, 2008, 01:46 PM
I know we probably want to let this thread die three days after the game, but I wanted Tribe fans to know I met the former (now injured) starting LBs dad (Rutter?) at my tailgate. He was very nice and I had a good time chatting with him. He was telling me that Rutter had received one of the worst injuries you can get to your foot (according to him only 1 in 50,000 foot injuries result in the injury).

Anyway, he was a really nice guy and was looking forward to a good game. Sorry he didn't get to see it, but I reassured him that they were in the playoffs with a win over UR.

Okay. Now we can let the thread die.