PDA

View Full Version : Battle of the Wildcats - VU vs. UNH Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Anovafan
November 3rd, 2008, 04:49 PM
Since I have been posting in a few different threads with some UNH fans I thought I would start an official thread.

Sagarin has Nova favored by 9.81 points. At this point in the season I start to put a bit more faith in that rating service.

Looking at the stats, UNH throws a lot and does a decent job shutting down the run, but is weaker against the pass. Nova does a great job shutting down the run and, at least in my opinion, is weaker against the pass. Offensively, Nova is fairly balanced and can run or pass. Nova has as solid a rushing attack as anyone in the league. The UNH aerial attack scares me. I hope the Nova coaches dial up some packages like they did against UD last year. Otherwise, they could be in trouble. As I have mentioned in a few other posts, if this game was at UNH, I would give a slight edge to UNH. I'm glad this one is at Nova. This is a BIG game for both sides. A win would give Talley the most wins in league history, surpassing former UNH coach Bill Bowes.

smcwildcat
November 3rd, 2008, 04:53 PM
lookin forward to this one.... I didnt realize that coaching stat thats ironic....Is Whitney the main guy for Nova? and hows the special teams

UNH SUPERFAN
November 3rd, 2008, 05:33 PM
Is this game on TV?

UNH 40
November 3rd, 2008, 05:41 PM
The game is televised on CN8 at 3:30. Come Cats, Come on.

WildcatFan
November 3rd, 2008, 06:53 PM
The last time UNH played at Villanova it was a shoot out. Don't remember the final score but a ton of points were scored. Here's to a great game - wish I could make this one.

wideright82
November 3rd, 2008, 07:35 PM
The last time UNH played at Villanova it was a shoot out. Don't remember the final score but a ton of points were scored. Here's to a great game - wish I could make this one.

I believe it was 51 42 or something along those lines. It was the longest craziest game i have ever witnessed and was Ricky Santos coming out party. Needless to say this game is going to be sick

smcwildcat
November 3rd, 2008, 08:07 PM
actually 51-40 sorry had to be perfect...

Anovafan
November 3rd, 2008, 08:20 PM
lookin forward to this one.... I didnt realize that coaching stat thats ironic....Is Whitney the main guy for Nova? and hows the special teams

Whitney is the dude. If he stumbles, you will see Young.

Special teams are pretty good for Nova. Nova's kicker (Marcoux) is leading the CAA in scoring as of last week. Kick returner (Babbaro) is a threat to break one every time and usually has one a game that goes for 40 yards. Punt returner (Harvey) is a WR and is back there for his hands, not his returning ability.

How's UNH special teams? Kick returning stats look impressive.

WrenFGun
November 3rd, 2008, 08:46 PM
UNH's special teams are pretty good generally, though they were pretty terrible last week. The Hofstra return man had an enormous amount of yardage, though Coach McDonell admitted he was experimenting with some younger players in a game that was mostly out of reach.

There hasn't been anyone that has really slowed down UNH's offense this season, though Villanova is the best defense we'll have faced yet. If you rely on the intermediate passing game and don't make mistakes, you'll likely have plenty of success against the UNH defense. You will almost undoubtedly win the time of possession game, as we are in the perpetual hurry up, but we will absolutely move the ball. The question is if we can stop you from moving the ball, at all.

smcwildcat
November 3rd, 2008, 10:36 PM
agreed ****** chad kackert will be back and almost at 100% something UNH fans should be happy about.... and we have clements and fox returning kicks..... we lead the CAA in kickoff returns..... whether kckert will return kicks this week is unknown

WrenFGun
November 3rd, 2008, 10:54 PM
agreed ****** chad kackert will be back and almost at 100% something UNH fans should be happy about.... and we have clements and fox returning kicks..... we lead the CAA in kickoff returns..... whether kckert will return kicks this week is unknown

Are you sure Kackert will be back? I've heard it's almost entirely up in the air.

Hoyadestroya85
November 3rd, 2008, 11:10 PM
I expect a big game out of Villanova Saturday.. This team is hungry and wants to make the playoffs badly

rcny46
November 3rd, 2008, 11:20 PM
Regarding Chad Kackert,I too heard that he is only a possibility at this point.I realize that he's got the rest of this week to get over the shoulder thing,but I cringe at the thought that he could come back too soon.Hopefully,there's still a lot of FB to be played,and if there is any doubt about his readiness,I for one would rather see him sit for another week even though they will need all the weapons in their arsenal to hang with Nova.

UNHFootballAlum
November 3rd, 2008, 11:25 PM
had still has not been cleared by the doctors to play this week. They are still leery of the shoulder, which says to me that he probably will not play this week. We will see as the week progresses they say about him playing

Anovafan
November 4th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Any credence to the UNH defensive stats being a bit warped because UNH has been ahead a lot in their games? I am thinking the defensive passing stats may be a bit inflated because opponents have been behind so much and passing a lot to catch up. Nova is pretty balanced on offense, but definitely trends toward the run. UNH has pretty good stats against the run, but I have yet to see them play in person.

jstclmet
November 4th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Early forecast calls for T-Storms on Sat.:(

If that's true, expect a lot of running like the JMU game.

Only let's not leave it to the last 4.3 seconds to decide the game.xnonono2x

AZGrizFan
November 4th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Since I have been posting in a few different threads with some UNH fans I thought I would start an official thread.

Sagarin has Nova favored by 9.81 points. At this point in the season I start to put a bit more faith in that rating service.

Looking at the stats, UNH throws a lot and does a decent job shutting down the run, but is weaker against the pass. Nova does a great job shutting down the run and, at least in my opinion, is weaker against the pass. Offensively, Nova is fairly balanced and can run or pass. Nova has as solid a rushing attack as anyone in the league. The UNH aerial attack scares me. I hope the Nova coaches dial up some packages like they did against UD last year. Otherwise, they could be in trouble. As I have mentioned in a few other posts, if this game was at UNH, I would give a slight edge to UNH. I'm glad this one is at Nova. This is a BIG game for both sides. A win would give Talley the most wins in league history, surpassing former UNH coach Bill Bowes.

If Nova doesn't beat UNH by 21 I'll be disappointed. xcoolx

Anovafan
November 4th, 2008, 04:00 PM
If Nova doesn't beat UNH by 21 I'll be disappointed. xcoolx

I think you might be disappointed. The CAA doesn't have as many cupcakes as the Big Sky. xlolx

AZGrizFan
November 4th, 2008, 04:03 PM
I think you might be disappointed. The CAA doesn't have as many cupcakes as the Big Sky. xlolx

Riiiiiight. 12 teams-3 REAL teams = 9 cupcakes. xnodx xnodx xnodx

You can try and spin it anyway you'd like, but UNH is a cupcake this year. xnodx

WrenFGun
November 4th, 2008, 04:14 PM

You can try and spin it anyway you'd like, but UNH is a cupcake this year. xnodx

Do you realize how stupid you sound? If UNH is a cupcake, then the Big Sky is all but two cupcakes this year, and would leave Montana without an in-conference quality win.

Why does this entire board hate UNH so much? I appreciate the respectful comments of Villanova fans (and even UMass fans), but the rest of the country seems to hate this team.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 4th, 2008, 06:26 PM

I think you need to research the CAA OOC results this year. If you genuinely think UNH is a cupcake and that there are only three "real" teams in the CAA, you must harbor serious disdain for the majority of FCS.

smcwildcat
November 4th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Do you realize how stupid you sound? If UNH is a cupcake, then the Big Sky is all but two cupcakes this year, and would leave Montana without an in-conference quality win.

Why does this entire board hate UNH so much? I appreciate the respectful comments of Villanova fans (and even UMass fans), but the rest of the country seems to hate this team.

agreeed why the hating?.... we are legit we will see this weekend

smcwildcat
November 4th, 2008, 09:00 PM
lets just say kackert wont even though im pretty sure he will...it will goodluck and he will come out and play well

santosballnewhampshire
November 5th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Chris McClurg should be ready to go as well

R3TRO
November 7th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Any word on Kackert or Gary Ellison? Sorry Sean Jellison... too much CSN. Both were questionable and neither were cleared as of Wednesday.

wideright82
November 7th, 2008, 10:59 AM
actually 51-40 sorry had to be perfect...

hahaha no apology needed, thanks for correcting me. I could have been less lazy and just checked.

wideright82
November 7th, 2008, 11:01 AM

you're a cupcake!

CAA 1 Big Sky 0

smcwildcat
November 7th, 2008, 11:12 AM
im saying kackert is a go

rcny46
November 7th, 2008, 01:58 PM
[QUOTE=smcwildcat;1196215]im saying kackert is a go[/

If he is ready,I hope he's 100%.I hate to see them put the walking wounded into a game when they can't play at their usual level,and the re-injury risk is there.He can be a difference maker though,so I hope he's all set.I think he was leading all of FCS in all purpose yardage before that face mask in the W&M game put him out of action.

WrenFGun
November 7th, 2008, 02:46 PM
This is about the time that Kackert turns into the best player in FCS.

I remember two years ago he single-handedly won games against Maine and Hampton, and then had that enormous run for a touchdown against Massachusetts to start that playoff game. He is absolutely a big game player, particularly if he's healthy.

rcny46
November 7th, 2008, 03:27 PM
If I'm not mistaken,Chad Kackert holds the California state single season rushing record with 3000+ yds. his senior year.I think he had around 50 TD's that year,including 7 in one game,with over 850 yards in two games.He also ran a 4.4 forty.UNH was lucky to get him;Oregon was interested,but backed off because of his size from what I've heard or read.I'd like to know where he stands as far as his HS career numbers are concerned.

UNHFootballAlum
November 7th, 2008, 06:27 PM
VU 28-7

bdfan - Do you really thnk that UNH will be held to only 7 points? especiaslly when 28 has been their lowest point total this year.

smcwildcat
November 7th, 2008, 06:37 PM
true dat should be a greattt game

WrenFGun
November 7th, 2008, 06:59 PM
bdfan - Do you really thnk that UNH will be held to only 7 points? especiaslly when 28 has been their lowest point total this year.

Realize it. Everyone hates UNH on this board. They're DYING for us to lose and they'll come out in full force if we do.

jlcharles
November 7th, 2008, 07:23 PM

Seriously one of the dumbest comments I've seen on this board.

I expect something like 34-24 Nova. As of now, the rain is supposed to stop by game time.

Hoyadestroya85
November 8th, 2008, 12:31 AM

I quote Tom Brady "We’re only going to score 17 points?” you never know..

WrenFGun
November 8th, 2008, 10:06 AM
I think Villanova is the clear favorite, but I'd be shocked if UNH isn't at least approaching the 20's. This is probably the best defense we've played, but UNH also has one of the best offenses in the nation.

Hoyadestroya85
November 8th, 2008, 10:22 AM
I think Villanova is the clear favorite, but I'd be shocked if UNH isn't at least approaching the 20's. This is probably the best defense we've played, but UNH also has one of the best offenses in the nation.
Look at Delaware last year with their NFL first round pick QB..
if Villanova can establish the run, this could be a 14-10 game

R3TRO
November 8th, 2008, 11:05 AM
How is the weather looking for game time?

VT Wildcat Fan53
November 8th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Let's be honest. UNH is just a bunch of mirrors and sleight of hand. 'Nova 67, UNH 7. McDonnell is living on borrowed time, Toman has been lucky, Boyle is not for real, all those interceptions were lucky breaks, the Top 10 ranking is a hangover from Santos/Ball era, ..... xrolleyesx

R3TRO
November 8th, 2008, 11:58 AM
Let's be honest. UNH is just a bunch of mirrors and sleight of hand. 'Nova 67, UNH 7. McDonnell is living on borrowed time, Toman has been lucky, Boyle is not for real, all those interceptions were lucky breaks, the Top 10 ranking is a hangover from Santos/Ball era, ..... xrolleyesx

There's some optimism for you... xconfusedx

rcny46
November 8th, 2008, 12:02 PM

Love the sarcasm! xthumbsupx

Old Cat Fan
November 8th, 2008, 01:09 PM
How is the weather looking for game time?

this is from the nova zip code

Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers early this afternoon...then a few breaks of sun possible late. Highs in the lower 60s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

UNHWildCats
November 8th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Realize it. Everyone hates UNH on this board. They're DYING for us to lose and they'll come out in full force if we do.
:( im sorry for causing everyone to hate UNH

UNHWildCats
November 8th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Hour by hour looks good, will be partly cloudy around 4 and mostly cloudy when the sun goes down.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/hourbyhour/19085?from=36hr_fcstHourLink_business

smcwildcat
November 8th, 2008, 02:20 PM
yah baby how bout the blackbears

Old Cat Fan
November 8th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Wildcats is there a cn8 net feed link for the game?

UNHWildCats
November 8th, 2008, 02:25 PM
http://channelsurfing.net/watch-villanova.html

UNHWildCats
November 8th, 2008, 02:26 PM
http://channelsurfing.net/watch-cn8.html

Old Cat Fan
November 8th, 2008, 02:27 PM
http://channelsurfing.net/watch-villanova.html

Thank you, Go cats xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx

smcwildcat
November 8th, 2008, 02:28 PM
no jellison or young

UNHWildCats
November 8th, 2008, 02:30 PM
no jellison or young
Kackert?

UNHWildCats
November 8th, 2008, 02:30 PM
game tracker for live stats

http://villanova.cstv.com/gametracker/launch/intro_mfootbl.html?event=656901&school=nova&sport=mfootbl&camefrom=&startschool=&

Old Cat Fan
November 8th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Hear is the CN8 link alot better than the other one..

http://www.cn8.tv/video/cn8live.asp?lChannelID=604&subhead=#

UNHWildCats
November 8th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Villanova wins toss

elected to receive

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 8th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Let's get this game started.........should be a great game......Maine took care of UMASS earlier.....definitely playoff implications as the CAA shapes up....

Old Cat Fan
November 8th, 2008, 02:47 PM
That sack looked like a horse collar

UNH_BLUE
November 8th, 2008, 02:50 PM
The Villanova QB is gonna get hammered if he keeps running like that.

UNH_BLUE
Pick UNH!

Not sure why he stepped out of bounds though.

UNH ball in Nova territory!

Old Cat Fan
nice pick for unh

UNH_BLUE
November 8th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Deep to Boyle!!

1st down at the 16.

JMU-MRD-DAD
Nice thrown and catch....UNH at Nova's 16 yard line

WrenFGun
BIG PICK! Let's get some points!

Old Cat Fan
November 8th, 2008, 02:54 PM
27 in the game for unh

UNH_BLUE
November 8th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Untouched!!

Nice way to turn a pick into 6.

JMU-MRD-DAD
TD UNH........4:18 remaining in 1st.

Old Cat Fan
Sweet TD 6-0 UNH

WrenFGun
TD Cats! B-Simp!

smcwildcat
November 8th, 2008, 02:56 PM
bobby simpsonnn babay tddd

Old Cat Fan
November 8th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Looked like that extra point kick was going into the cn8 camera lense

art vandelay
November 8th, 2008, 02:58 PM
butterflies are starting lets get a big stop.

UNH_BLUE
November 8th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Looked like that extra point kick was going into the cn8 camera lense

It came right into our living rooms. xnodx

WSBE
November 8th, 2008, 03:01 PM
IS STEVE YOUNG out???!!! what? that is very bad news if true. Any info?

UNHWildCats
November 8th, 2008, 03:03 PM
IS STEVE YOUNG out???!!! what? that is very bad news if true. Any info?
concussion symptoms

WSBE
November 8th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Young in the game for Villanova....looks good but I think it's a mistake. UNH should win in a shoot out

by the way...Duper #10 dor UNH is absolutely laying down. He is getting snoked on every play...he's not even challenging the blocker...getting rolled over & showing no guts. GET HIM OUT OF THERE NOW

Old Cat Fan
November 8th, 2008, 03:04 PM
CN8 broadcast is 5 seconds behind the channelsurfing raw feed must be the swear cushion :p

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 8th, 2008, 03:05 PM
End of 1st Qtr. UNH 7 Nova 0..........Nova driving......

WSBE
November 8th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Instead we take out Sousa for his penalties who is one of the best players on defense.

WrenFGun
November 8th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Pretty good first quarter, though UNH is allowing 'Nova to drive here. Need a big play.

UNH_BLUE
November 8th, 2008, 03:09 PM
It's good to finally watch a UNH game on TV with fairly decent announcers.

WSBE
November 8th, 2008, 03:10 PM
concussion symptoms

big day for TJ Taylor then.....hes a hell of a player but hasn't played this many downs yet

WSBE
November 8th, 2008, 03:10 PM
UNH getting blown off the line right now

UNH_BLUE
November 8th, 2008, 03:14 PM
New Hampshire needs a sustained drive now to keep our D off the field for awhile.

WrenFGun
November 8th, 2008, 03:15 PM
That was surgical by Antwon Young. 7-7.

Old Cat Fan
November 8th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Big play Boyle

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 8th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Talk about being open..........UNH driving....

smcwildcat
November 8th, 2008, 03:19 PM
big play boyle

WrenFGun
November 8th, 2008, 03:20 PM
FG Bishop. 10-7 UNH.

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 8th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Just under 10 minutes left if first half......UNH 10 Nova 7......Nova to receive kickoff when play resumes.

WSBE
November 8th, 2008, 03:21 PM
they finally seem to calling plays that work....like Boyle over the middle & Sicko in the flat

i'd like to see more kackert

huge defensive stand coming up

Old Cat Fan
Why do I feel like that was a big 3 points 10 - 7 UNH

art vandelay
wish Toman would throw that ball away rather than taking a sack

WSBE
November 8th, 2008, 03:22 PM
from the looks of the Young-run Villanova offense...UNH might need to score on every drive

rcny46
November 8th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Does anyone happen to know the extent of Steve Young's injury?

WSBE
November 8th, 2008, 03:26 PM
UNH defense .....gross

WrenFGun
November 8th, 2008, 03:27 PM
UNH knows the run is coming, and cannot stop it right now. The 'Nova QB's are very, very good blockers.

WSBE
November 8th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Villanova players....all 11 of them are the best blocking unit I've seen. They are putting on a clinic....how the F did they got to OT with Penn & barely beat Northeasten ?

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 8th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Nova knocking on door..inside 5....

WSBE
November 8th, 2008, 03:29 PM
3rd & 6 & Chris Whitney runs for the 1st. Could be teh difference in the game. Pathetic

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 8th, 2008, 03:30 PM
Nova 14 UNH 10.......5:17 remaining in first half.

WrenFGun
'Nova has been completely unstoppable on the last two drives. Let's see how UNH answers. 14-10 'Nova.

WSBE
UNH must score on this drive

UNHWildCats
Does anyone happen to know the extent of Steve Young's injury?
all the coach said on pregame was concussion symptoms

th0m
November 8th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Defense, anyone?

WSBE
November 8th, 2008, 03:33 PM
Steve Young is a FCS version of Vince Wolfork. Takes on 2 blockers every play & stuffs the middle while penetrating offensive line. That is gone

Old Cat Fan
Sicko is a BEAST

WrenFGun
Sicko Huge Play!

WSBE
CAN'T GO LATERAL ON THIS DEFENSE!!

WrenFGun
November 8th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Kackert Terrible Play!

rcny46
November 8th, 2008, 03:34 PM
all the coach said on pregame was concussion symptoms

Great.That's all they need at this point.He's the heart of the DL.I've never seen a team that has had so many problems with concussions.Sean Jellison and Matt O'brien are both out for that reason also.Same problem last year.

WSBE
November 8th, 2008, 03:35 PM
THATS WHAT KACKERT does for you.....adds a legit screen option on the blitz - great call

JMU-MRD-DAD
That penalty hurts.....

WrenFGun
TD called back by illegal formation. Ugh.

Old Cat Fan
Well that sucks

WrenFGun
November 8th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Toman Fumble. Enormous swing.

rcny46
November 8th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Crap.Where's the OL?

Old Cat Fan
November 8th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Toman is getting punished hard

WrenFGun
November 8th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Villanova is holding on every play here to the outside. Need to get a call eventually.

WSBE
November 8th, 2008, 03:39 PM
UNH taking too much time...need quick release plays...dink & dunk....& they have the perfect weapons to do it. The big play s will come. GFoing deep 3 plays in a row gets Toman killed

WrenFGun
November 8th, 2008, 03:42 PM
ENORMOUS DROP BY 'NOVA, Will have to punt.

art vandelay
November 8th, 2008, 03:42 PM
HUGE stop great job on the sudden change.

art vandelay
November 8th, 2008, 03:45 PM
god game.
UNH has to stop them more often and get rid of the penalties.

WrenFGun
November 8th, 2008, 03:46 PM
UNH goes into half down 14-10, but will get the ball. Big stop to end the first half, really missing that called back TD, though.

WSBE
November 8th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Does McDonnel realize that if we have any chance winning a playoff game this year against one of the Top 10 teams?.....that we need to have the ability to get 60 yards in 1.5 minutes? I'm not sure why since we let pretty much every good team in big games beat us by doing so. If you're not going to use the clock..then use a TO when it was 3rd & 7 Villanova....25 seconds before they used their TO! Or blitz on the punt

WSBE
November 8th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Villanova coach just admitted that they will "bring it" in the 2nd half "I know they've got some screens that will hurt us"...(actually no Coach, don;t give us so much credit, we ran about 2 screens)

WSBE
November 8th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Lets hope Sicko shoulder injury not serious.....he will be needed

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 8th, 2008, 04:11 PM
UNH putting a good drive together....just under 12 min left in 3rd....

art vandelay
November 8th, 2008, 04:11 PM
i like this game plan.

lets be physical.

WSBE
November 8th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Running the ball off-tackle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

great to see McClurg back #76...he's a great lineman

I think I saw Sicko in for one play!

Is Josh Droesch out!!??

wow what a statement dirve

WSBE
November 8th, 2008, 04:14 PM
SHORT F'N ROUTES!!

WSBE
November 8th, 2008, 04:15 PM
what an audible for the blitz

whatch hopw much better McClurg pass blocks

JMU-MRD-DAD
Big time opening drive here......6 minutes +

WrenFGun
What a statement drive this is. Down to the VU 4.

WrenFGun
November 8th, 2008, 04:17 PM
Tough break on the snap there, but UNH picks up the FG. Would've liked 7. Ugh.

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 8th, 2008, 04:20 PM
OMG.......

WSBE
sorry for being negative but if thats doesn;t underscore what is wrong with this O-Coordinator, I don;t know what does. I have said in mutliple threads after everyone of our big losses, Great teams get 1 yard when they need it. UNH runs the ball with authority on every frigin play until they're inside the 10 & call a SHOTGUN? what the F was that. They were getting 5 yards with ease every play. They hadn't stopped Simpson once....they get to 3rd & 1 & call a pass play????!!! I'm out

WrenFGun
ONSIDE KICK. FUMBLE. UNH BALL!

UNH_BLUE
Great job knocking the ball loose by UNH on the on-sides kick!

Old Cat Fan
November 8th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Old Cat Fan heads to the medicine chest for a shot of Pepto xshakingmadx

WrenFGun
November 8th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Toman has got to throw the ball away. What a disaster. Terrible snap follows. 3rd and very long. What a waste.

UNHWildCats
November 8th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Toman needs to learn to throw away once in awhile

WrenFGun
November 8th, 2008, 04:23 PM
UNH will have to punt.

WrenFGun
November 8th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Heckuva Punt by Bishop. Villanova takes the ball at the 4. Let's see if the defense can come up huge...they're well-rested.

Old Cat Fan
November 8th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Time for a Safety

art vandelay
November 8th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Im sorry but i have to say this Villanova radio guy is really bad.

WSBE
November 8th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Toman has got to throw the ball away. What a disaster. Terrible snap follows. 3rd and very long. What a waste.

agreed but these are kids....I would argue Toman needs to be TAUGHT to throw the ball away

art vandelay
November 8th, 2008, 04:27 PM
god TJ cant get hurt

art vandelay
November 8th, 2008, 04:28 PM
OK WSBE im not sure what you have against Devo but just relax please.

WSBE
November 8th, 2008, 04:28 PM
3rd & 4 on the 10 yard line.......HUGE STOP

WrenFGun
November 8th, 2008, 04:29 PM
THREE AND OUT. BIG PLAY UNH.

WrenFGun
November 8th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Awful punt by Villanova. UNH will take over between the 'Nova 35-40. Why does he continue to roll out when he punts?

art vandelay
November 8th, 2008, 04:30 PM
yes sir

WrenFGun
November 8th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Too many shifts on offense. Numerous penalty calls on UNH.

ANOTHER ONE. Ineligible WR downfield.

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 8th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Penalty after penalty .......just killing UNH.......

UNH_BLUE
November 8th, 2008, 04:34 PM
3rd and inches......

QB sneak.

1st down at around the 'Nova 24.

Yes!

WSBE
November 8th, 2008, 04:35 PM
OK WSBE im not sure what you have against Devo but just relax please.

nothing against him.....just high standards for the team. Don't read my posts.

for what its worth...this is the offense I love to watch....this is how they win big games. I don't about you, but I'm kind of tired of not going as far as we could each year. Winning this game could mean a hime game first round. Huge for the program. If I can't vent here, about their offense inside teh 30 or whatever - where should I?

WrenFGun
November 8th, 2008, 04:36 PM
Big Third and 10 starting the 4th. UNH in field goal range, but Toman has a penchant for getting sacked. 'Nova defense is likely exhausted.

UNH's defense played 3 plays in the third quarter.

art vandelay
November 8th, 2008, 04:36 PM
well if UNH loses penalties will definitely be the story of the gam

smcwildcat
November 8th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Can UNH get a call?

smcwildcat
November 8th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Does Nova have any penalties this game? Oh, and they're playing at home?

WrenFGun
November 8th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Toman throws it away! Yay!

Going to be a long FG attempt here, I think.

Old Cat Fan
November 8th, 2008, 04:40 PM
Toman finally threw it away

WrenFGun
I'm not sure Villanova has a single penalty in this game.

WSBE
bummer ....expecting the blitz...was hoping to see a screen to Kackert

WrenFGun
November 8th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Bishop hits the FG post. This is devastating.

dennisdent
November 8th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Boink.xsmiley_wix

WSBE
November 8th, 2008, 04:43 PM
I thought that FG would bounce through!!??

this is too painful. I don't know how many more chamnces we get......2 field goals since the 1st quarter TD off the INT

WrenFGun
November 8th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Whitney is VERY slippery.

WrenFGun
November 8th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Again, holding on every screen pass. The refs refuse to call holding on their receivers.

Old Cat Fan
November 8th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Boink.xsmiley_wix

Same noise UMASS playoff chances made today xlolx xlolx

smcwildcat
November 8th, 2008, 04:50 PM
Generous Spot

smcwildcat
No penalties, generous spots. Bull****

WrenFGun
This is an embarrassing spot. This is absolutely embarrassing on the officials part. Whitney gets forced backwards and it's a first down.

Congrats on the refs trying to give this game to 'Nova.

smcwildcat
November 8th, 2008, 04:51 PM
This is unreal

WSBE
THAT SPOT IS THE WORST CALL OF THE YEAR.....SHAMEFUL
WHY PLAY THE GAME IF SNAPPING THE BALL GETS YOU A FIRST DOWN

smcwildcat
This game is rigged

WrenFGun
TD Nova. Nice play.

Still embarrassing by the officials.

art vandelay
thats god in a way leaves UNH a lot of time

smcwildcat
The CAA wants Nova in ... if they had lost, that would've been 3 losses

art vandelay
November 8th, 2008, 04:52 PM
better sooner than later

UNH 40
that BS

smcwildcat
Please call a fair game.

dennisdent
Same noise UMASS playoff chances made today xlolx xlolx

xlolx

WrenFGun
November 8th, 2008, 04:53 PM
I'm not one to comment on the officials, because usually both teams are the victims of some questionable calls. It's been COMPLETELY one-sided today, though.

'Nova's capitalized, but Whitney seems like a real baby at times.

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 8th, 2008, 04:54 PM
WOW....That was some play for the TD.

WrenFGun
November 8th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Oh my, that guy got absolutely lit up. What a block by UNH.

WrenFGun
November 8th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Incomplete pass ruled a fumble, but UNH recovers. Good grief.

WSBE
November 8th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Nova just had 2 or 3 d-lineman & we couldn't stop the pass rush

art vandelay
god

smcwildcat
Good kick

WrenFGun
UNH has to punt. Villanova's defense is doing a pretty good job preventing Toman from having anyone to throw to.

WSBE
November 8th, 2008, 04:58 PM
8 minutes left & we abandon the run.

smcwildcat
Shoulda been 4th and one. Game absolutely changed because of that

smcwildcat
Terrible terrible terrible

smcwildcat
November 8th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Nova has to pass

art vandelay
November 8th, 2008, 05:01 PM
holding, call it just once

WrenFGun
Pretty big stop, and pretty favorable spot, still.

smcwildcat
Still a generous spot

WSBE
November 8th, 2008, 05:02 PM
c'mon Mike Boyle

smcwildcat
One more chance.

JMU-MRD-DAD
Pretty big stop, and pretty favorable spot, still.

I would have to agree on that one.....

WrenFGun
Fake, Villanova first down.

WrenFGun
November 8th, 2008, 05:04 PM
What a fake, Good to Villanova. Trying to win, not trying to not lose.

art vandelay
wow this really mite be rigged

smcwildcat
At least UMASS sucks this year

smcwildcat
Need to win out now.

WrenFGun
November 8th, 2008, 05:07 PM
WHERE DID THIS MYSTERIOUS FIRST DOWN COME FROM?

Old Cat Fan
November 8th, 2008, 05:08 PM
If this UNH team is not going to go all out spread offense like we had under Kelly,it needs to focus on their key players Kackert, Sicko and Boyle all have been silent the second have. Another thing UNH use to run a fake reverse or reverse on the kickoff returns with Azumah It worked very well , why don't they do that anymore?

WSBE
November 8th, 2008, 05:08 PM
What a fake, Good to Villanova. Trying to win, not trying to not lose.

your quote strikes me as what makes the difference in FCS. Trying to win vs. trying not to lose. Thats the difference. Especially against better teams

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 8th, 2008, 05:09 PM
I was really impressed by what I saw from UNH today. Villanova has got to be one of the best 2 or 3 teams in the country ... and UNH hung in there all day.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Villanova in Chattanooga.

WrenFGun
November 8th, 2008, 05:10 PM
'Nova FG, up 11 with 134 to go.

R3TRO
November 8th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Congrats Nova... played a hell of a game. I do think if UNH didn't have all of those critical penalties that negated one touchdown and a possible second, it could have been a different game. But game management wins the close games and you definitely had that today. Hopefully all of your players that were slow to get up on a lot of plays are alright. xrolleyesx

WrenFGun
November 8th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Toman just called a timeout and then they called a false start on us. This is ridiculous.

smcwildcat
November 8th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Penalty on that? Sums up the refs in this one. Those ****s

WrenFGun
November 8th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Oh good, another penalty on UNH. Holding. 'Nova did it all day, but it was never called. Fantastic.

WrenFGun
November 8th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Congrats to 'Nova. Can't help but think the referees helped their cause QUITE a bit.

UNHFootballAlum
November 8th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Penalties and bad tackling in 4th quarter cost us BIG TIME

smcwildcat
November 8th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Nova and UNH played evenly today. One team got all the calls. The final score is the result when that happens. What a screw job

smcwildcat
November 8th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Botched snap, guy gets driven back. Ref gives him 1.5 yards for the first.

WrenFGun
November 8th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Zero penalties on 'Nova. OK, sure thing. I'm sure they played 60 minutes without committing a penalty.

WSBE
November 8th, 2008, 05:20 PM
fitting end

Villanova is a great football team. UNH needs to beat UMASS & UMAINE to get an at large big on the road.

UNH still needs to "put it together" & I still believe their best performances are in the weeks to come.

I thought the most telling weakness today was UNH inconsitent offense...execution & gameplan. Also - inside the 30 - they get lost. Thats not good

R3TRO
November 8th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Although the calls were terrible and pretty much gave them that first down when the quarterback didn't even make the line of scrimmage, prior to the Nova field goal, UNH had 0 yards of offense in the fourth quarter. What happened to the run game that we started the second half with?

WSBE
November 8th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Zero penalties on 'Nova. OK, sure thing. I'm sure they played 60 minutes without committing a penalty.

The WR were holding all day down the field but its not like UNH had a chance to take advantage of it when they were on offense

R3TRO
November 8th, 2008, 05:33 PM
I guess all we can look forward to is playing hard the next two games and hopefully getting another shot at Nova later down the road, with some unbiased ref's. xsmiley_wix

mainejeff
November 8th, 2008, 05:44 PM
I was rooting for the Wildcats. xcoolx

Hoyadestroya85
November 8th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Huge win, I was very impressed with UNH and their fans. The visiting section was respectably loud.. I'm rooting for UNH to win out, don't disappoint

rcny46
November 8th, 2008, 05:52 PM
I guess all we can look forward to is playing hard the next two games and hopefully getting another shot at Nova later down the road, with some unbiased ref's. xsmiley_wix

I think they have no other choice but to play hard;I honestly don't believe they get in unless they finish 9-2.Losing a couple at the end is frowned upon.It just drives me nuts to see them put decent drives together and get nothing out of it.Losing Droesch,Sicko,and Young doesn't help.I also have trouble figuring out the running game.In one quarter they look very good and the next nothing.

OxSoxUNH05
November 8th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Somewhat disappointing day for UNH.I feel they played some of their worst football today. Next week UMASS. lets hope cowell is packed and loud for those SOBs

BDKJMU
November 8th, 2008, 08:55 PM
Congrats Nova on the big win. Congrats to Talley on the record- he seems like a class guy.

No offense, but the Nova punter sucks. Between the JMU & UNH games, I've seen him shank at least 4 punts. That rugby style punt just isn't working. Nova needs to get that corrected come playoff time.

BDKJMU
November 8th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Awful punt by Villanova. UNH will take over between the 'Nova 35-40. Why does he continue to roll out when he punts?

The Nova punter sucks. Between the JMU & UNH games, I've seen him shank at least 4 punts. That rugby style punt just isn't working. Nova needs to get that corrected come playoff time.

Congrats Nova on the big win. Congrats to Talley on the record- he seems like a class guy.

Hoyadestroya85
November 8th, 2008, 09:14 PM
the punting is an issue, our starting punter was getting too many blocked due to an injury.. it's not much of a dropoff, but it sucks rather mightily

charliej
November 8th, 2008, 09:30 PM
the punting is an issue, our starting punter was getting too many blocked due to an injury.. it's not much of a dropoff, but it sucks rather mightily

I agree....IMO it was a MAJOR reason we lost to JMU.xsmhx

Hoyadestroya85
November 8th, 2008, 09:46 PM
I agree....IMO it was a MAJOR reason we lost to JMU.xsmhx

well, they made a conscious decision not to punt to Scottie Mcgee.. and our soon to be all american kicker hadn't had too much time to practice angle kicking

UNH 40
November 8th, 2008, 09:57 PM
UNH shot themselves in the foot time and time again throughout this game. Stupid penalties, miscues in cridical situations (botched snaps), and injuries to two major contributers on the offense. Sicko hurt his shoulder and was only on the field for a couple more snaps and then was done. But even bigger than the loss of Sicko was the loss of Droecsh the Left Tackle, once he went down Nova's pass rush had there way. I actually think that UNH Played well enough to win that game going away. Two tough ones left, I believe we need both of them in order to get in.

jlcharles
November 8th, 2008, 11:05 PM
My views from being at the game. UNH consistently shot themselves in the foot. This is a game Nova could have easily lost. Your offensive coordinator is not good from what I could tell. UNH was killing us with the off-tackle runs in the 3rd quarter and then, inexplicably, went away from it. 3 plays in the third quarter for the Nova offense would have made me stay with it, but he went brain dead or something.

Also, lots of guys laying on their backs today, one of Nova's left through the tunnel. Didn't catch a number on who it was though.

Marcoux is not our punter. He's the kicker and our punter is hurt. Now I did see him punting at halftime, so that was a good sign. Marcoux was hitting 65 yard FGs off a tee at halftime.

And last, I saw someone commented that Whitney was a baby. I'm not sure what that was all about, clarification?

Zoo
November 8th, 2008, 11:07 PM
How bad were the penalties for UNH? Anyone have the penalties and the yards it cost them?

rcny46
November 8th, 2008, 11:32 PM
It seems like they've been shooting themselves in the foot for a good part of this season.Also,does the head coach usually let the OC handle the offense regardless of what he sees taking place on the field?

charliej
November 8th, 2008, 11:38 PM
How bad were the penalties for UNH? Anyone have the penalties and the yards it cost them?

9 for 54 yds...majority were false start & offsides,there were 1 or 2 holding calls though. Illegal formation cost them a TD

Hoyadestroya85
November 8th, 2008, 11:56 PM
the scary thing is that Nova was getting pressure on the QB without its best pass rusher for most of the second half.. i hope he's ok...

WildcatFan
November 9th, 2008, 06:55 AM

Yes - congratulations to Coach Talley. Tough loss to take but there is no hatred for Villanova - good luck the rest of the year.

Thinking ahead now - two pissed off teams facing each other next week in Durham - should be interesting.xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Anovafan
November 9th, 2008, 10:14 AM
A few thoughts from being at the game. UNH is a pretty impressive team in my opinion. The defense is vastly improved from years past. UNH now has speed on defense and toughness that I have not seen before. I think they can contend with the best teams defensively. Offensively, Toman is awesome. He can really make all the passes. I was very impressed with him and Sicko. That guy is great. I wish Nova had a threat like that.

I think the story of the game was the Nova defense in the 3rd quarter. They were on the field the entire 3rd quarter and held UNH to 3 points. They also shut out UNH in the 4th quarter. Holding UNH to 13 points is pretty amazing in my opinion.

On to the refs. Some UNH fans will claim it was a homer job, well, these guys were from New England! They all had New England accents. Maybe they were Umass fans, who knows, but they were not homers. While I admit there is no way Nova played an entirely clean game, the big penalties were UNH mental errors. The illegal formation on the called back TD is inexcusable. That would have put UNH up 17-10 and it would have been an entirely different game. UNH also had an illegal man downfield on another big play, again, a mental error. I think UNH is sometimes a victim of its very complex offense; these kids don't know where to be all the time. I think UNH has shown something like 45 different formations so far this year. That is a lot to remember under pressure. Last week Northeastern didn't have a single holding call in its game against Nova and was holding all day. Sometimes it happens that way. I know if I was a UNH fan, I would probably be complaining about the same thing. Ultimately, I still think the better team won.

With the Umass loss, I think UNH is a lock for the playoffs. They will make some noise with the right match-up. I think they are much better than the teams in the 10-16 range.

Old Cat Fan
November 9th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Final stats from the game Hats off to Novas D held UNH to 50 yards rushing and were making punishing tackles.

UNH Vill

First downs 15 22

Rushes-yards 34-50 46-222

Passing 264 120

Comp-Att-Int 18-28-0 13-18-1

Return Yards 26 3

Punts-Avg. 3-50.7 3-31.0

Fumbles-Lost 3-1 2-1

Penalties-Yards 9-54 0-0

Time of Possession 27:44 32:16

———

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

RUSHING—New Hampshire, Simpson 12-53, Kackert 5-13, Boyle 1-5, Fox 1-5, Toman 15-(minus 26). Villanova, Ball 15-73, Whitney 11-70, Szczur 9-40, Atkinson 1-17, A.Young 3-14, Babbaro 4-13, Doss 1-5, Team 2-(minus 10).

PASSING—New Hampshire, Toman 18-28-0-264. Villanova, Whitney 10-14-1-80, A.Young 3-4-0-40.

RECEIVING—New Hampshire, Boyle 5-101, Sicko 3-53, Fox 3-39, Negron 2-30, Kackert 2-20, Jeannot 2-10, Simpson 1-11. Villanova, Harvey 5-51, Babbaro 2-24, Atkinson 2-19, Pimm 2-10, Szczur 1-8, White 1-8.

smcwildcat
November 9th, 2008, 11:52 AM
A few thoughts from being at the game. UNH is a pretty impressive team in my opinion. The defense is vastly improved from years past. UNH now has speed on defense and toughness that I have not seen before. I think they can contend with the best teams defensively. Offensively, Toman is awesome. He can really make all the passes. I was very impressed with him and Sicko. That guy is great. I wish Nova had a threat like that.

I think the story of the game was the Nova defense in the 3rd quarter. They were on the field the entire 3rd quarter and held UNH to 3 points. They also shut out UNH in the 4th quarter. Holding UNH to 13 points is pretty amazing in my opinion.

On to the refs. Some UNH fans will claim it was a homer job, well, these guys were from New England! They all had New England accents. Maybe they were Umass fans, who knows, but they were not homers. While I admit there is no way Nova played an entirely clean game, the big penalties were UNH mental errors. The illegal formation on the called back TD is inexcusable. That would have put UNH up 17-10 and it would have been an entirely different game. UNH also had an illegal man downfield on another big play, again, a mental error. I think UNH is sometimes a victim of its very complex offense; these kids don't know where to be all the time. I think UNH has shown something like 45 different formations so far this year. That is a lot to remember under pressure. Last week Northeastern didn't have a single holding call in its game against Nova and was holding all day. Sometimes it happens that way. I know if I was a UNH fan, I would probably be complaining about the same thing. Ultimately, I still think the better team won.

With the Umass loss, I think UNH is a lock for the playoffs. They will make some noise with the right match-up. I think they are much better than the teams in the 10-16 range.

classiest thing ive heard all week thank you

VT Wildcat Fan53
November 9th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Love the sarcasm! xthumbsupx
U R Welcome. Let's go get ZooMass, ...xthumbsupx

WrenFGun
November 10th, 2008, 07:35 AM

Well said, congrats on the win!

As for the comment on Whitney being a "baby," that was me, making a reactionary comment after he took a cheap shot at a UNH player after he threw him to the ground after he missed a block. Whitney's one tough SOB in general, though. Young's the best backup in FCS, too.

Bring on UMass for all the marbles.

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 10th, 2008, 09:25 AM
A couple of thoughts on the game...

1) Congrats to Villanova. They stepped up and made plays when they needed to. A good win for them. They are a VERY good team.

2) UNH fans, if you can, watch the game again. It's available on demand (in my area at least) until 11/14. Seeing the game with your emotion taken out will allow for clearer analysis. You sometime see a game and wonder what if anything can be done to improve. I felt that way about last years run defense. The problems I saw in this game are what I would consider "fixable errors"

3) Yes the penalties were 9-0, but 6 of the flags were wrong formation twice, jumping off side twice, and movement on the line twice. I'm not saying that the officiating was great but for the most part they were letting them play.

4) Before we start bombing on the play calling, remember down and distance. If you can, watch the game with a clear head. I now have far fewer questions, after watching the game again, then I did leaving the stadium.

5) Every guy getting on those buses understood that was not their best effort and improvement is needed.

6) UNH is 7-2, they are in control of their own destiny. There are plenty of teams that would die to be in their place.

7) If you find your self in the Philly area go to Mama's Pizzeria and have the cheese steak, do not go to one of the big chains.

WrenFGun
November 10th, 2008, 09:45 AM
A couple of thoughts on the game...

1) Congrats to Villanova. They stepped up and made plays when they needed to. A good win for them. They are a VERY good team.

2) UNH fans, if you can, watch the game again. It's available on demand (in my area at least) until 11/14. Seeing the game with your emotion taken out will allow for clearer analysis. You sometime see a game and wonder what if anything can be done to improve. I felt that way about last years run defense. The problems I saw in this game are what I would consider "fixable errors"

3) Yes the penalties were 9-0, but 6 of the flags were wrong formation twice, jumping off side twice, and movement on the line twice. I'm not saying that the officiating was great but for the most part they were letting them play.

4) Before we start bombing on the play calling, remember down and distance. If you can, watch the game with a clear head. I now have far fewer questions, after watching the game again, then I did leaving the stadium.

5) Every guy getting on those buses understood that was not their best effort and improvement is needed.

6) UNH is 7-2, they are in control of their own destiny. There are plenty of teams that would die to be in their place.

7) If you find your self in the Philly area go to Mama's Pizzeria and have the cheese steak, do not go to one of the big chains.

My beef is with the egregious placement on the 3rd and inches play. Having watched that on TV, do you agree with where that is coming from?

Even with the officiating (?), Villanova's defense is FANTASTIC, and they play to win. That fake punt is everything I like to see out of a team, even if I think it was questionable keeping the lesser of the two units (offense vs. defense) on the field with the game on the line.

I worry that a better defense might be able to shut down Nova's attack, but that was a nice effort by them. They did what they had to.

Anovafan
November 10th, 2008, 10:22 AM
My beef is with the egregious placement on the 3rd and inches play. Having watched that on TV, do you agree with where that is coming from?

Even with the officiating (?), Villanova's defense is FANTASTIC, and they play to win. That fake punt is everything I like to see out of a team, even if I think it was questionable keeping the lesser of the two units (offense vs. defense) on the field with the game on the line.

I worry that a better defense might be able to shut down Nova's attack, but that was a nice effort by them. They did what they had to.

I was on the sideline and you are correct, there was no way the 3rd and inches play was a first down. Whit bobbled the snap and was pushed back about 15 yards by the time the play was over. It was a ridiculously generous spot.

I worry that a better defense might test Nova's offense as well, but I'm not sure there are much better defenses out there in the country than those in the CAA. Richmond has a great defense and Nova was able to run the ball very well. Same thing against JMU. And as I mentioned, UNH has a pretty good defense in my opinion and Nova did what they needed to do. The Nova offense is not flashy this year, they grind it out on the ground and sprinkle in some passing. They finally have an offense that can keep the defense out of harms way, play effectively in bad weather, and hopefully succeed in the playoffs.

Hoyadestroya85
November 10th, 2008, 10:59 AM
Quite a difference from the Nova teams of a few years ago.. I can't believe it's been 3 years since we've had a QB pass for 300 yards!

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 10th, 2008, 11:06 AM

Agree 100% that was a poor call. Thought in then, still think it now.

Still I don't like to see fans of the losing team point to bad calls. Though it seems most UNH posters, you included, have made a point not to detract from the Villanova effort.