PDA

View Full Version : Ivy League - Week 8

YaleFootballFan
November 2nd, 2008, 04:20 PM
It's Week 8 and the Ivy title is still up for grabs.

Friday, November 7th
PENN at PRINCETON, 7:00 pm (ESPNU, SIRIUS)

Saturday, November 8th
COLUMBIA at HARVARD, 12 noon (SIRIUS)
YALE at BROWN, 12:30 pm (YES)
DARTMOUTH at CORNELL, 1:00 pm

GAME OF THE WEEK: Yale at Brown. No question Brown is the favorite, but this game pits the Bears high powered offense against Yale's league leading defense. If Yale can contain Brown's offense, the Elis have a shot. If not, the game could be ugly.

DUD OF THE WEEK: Dartmouth at Cornell. Really the only game without any realistic title implications. Besides, any game that features woeful Dartmouth has to be a dud.

PREDICTIONS: Last week I went 3-1 (now 32-8 on the season). This week I'm picking Penn, Harvard, Brown and Cornell.

bulldog10jw
November 2nd, 2008, 04:26 PM
Penn, Harvard, Dartmouth (I think they will win one and this is it), and Yale ( I don't think I've ever picked Yale to upset somebody, they've usually been favored the last couple of years, so why not?)

Ivytalk
November 2nd, 2008, 05:01 PM
Penn
Harvard
Cornell
Brown (but I'm rooting for Yale!)xpeacex

brownbear
November 2nd, 2008, 05:31 PM
I pick Princeton, Harvard, Cornell, Brown

Harvard Worship
November 2nd, 2008, 06:29 PM
Penn
Harvard
Cornell
Brown (but I'm rooting for Yale!)xpeacex

Ditto. Sorry Brown.

As Mr. Greenspan noted last week, the theory that people will act in their own best interest evidently does not hold true in the banking industry. Happily, the notion seems quite alive and well when it comes to football.

YaleFootballFan
November 2nd, 2008, 07:39 PM
Penn, Harvard, Dartmouth (I think they will win one and this is it), and Yale ( I don't think I've ever picked Yale to upset somebody, they've usually been favored the last couple of years, so why not?)

You know, come to think of it I think this is the first time that Yale is an underdog since the 2005 Harvard game. I don't recall any game in the last 2 1/2 seasons where Yale wasn't the favorite.

bonarae
November 4th, 2008, 04:24 AM
Penn by 7 (close)
Harvard by 14
Cornell by 3 (close, although Dartmouth may rally but should come up short)
Brown by 9 (close, perhaps if Yale should play well)

bonarae
November 8th, 2008, 04:13 PM
All FINAL Scores:

(Nov. 6) Penn 14, Princeton 9
Harvard 42, Columbia 28
Yale 13, Brown 3 (upset is what I'm talking about)
Cornell 37, Dartmouth 14 (Dartmouth is indeed the Wazzu of the Ivy, but Iona IMO is the Wazzu of the FCS)

YaleFootballFan
November 8th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Harvard (4-1) at Penn (4-1) should be a great game next week! The winner may end up sharing the title with Brown.

Personally, I'm rooting for Harvard to beat Penn. I want the Crimson to still be in the title hunt going into the final game, needing a win over Yale to capture the Ivy championship.

After last year, I want nothing more than to be the team that prevents Harvard from winning the title. THAT would be sweet! xnodx

Ivytalk
November 9th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Harvard (4-1) at Penn (4-1) should be a great game next week! The winner may end up sharing the title with Brown.

Personally, I'm rooting for Harvard to beat Penn. I want the Crimson to still be in the title hunt going into the final game, needing a win over Yale to capture the Ivy championship.

After last year, I want nothing more than to be the team that prevents Harvard from winning the title. THAT would be sweet! xnodx

I will be at Franklin Field for that one!xnodx Harvard has only won there once since 1980 (in 2004, when they went 10-0). It's a tall order, and Harvard better clean up its special teams play if it expects to have a shot.xpeacex