PDA

View Full Version : Pro Bowl Voting: Who on your team can you vote for without feeling like a homer?

Hoyadestroya85
October 30th, 2008, 02:12 PM
This is something that i was just thinking about when i was voting Kevin Boss to the pro bowl (i need to cancel out the Cowboy Votes). There is absolutely at least one person worthy of being in the Pro Bowl on your favorite team, which player(s) can you vote For without feeling like a homer? and who you think is on the fringe

My Favorite Team: New York Giants

Offense

QB Eli Manning- He's having a pretty solid season, his team is very good and he's the defending Super Bowl MVP.
FB Madison Hedgecock- He's a huge part of their running game, plays with reckless abandon.
WR Plaxico Burress- I know he's acted like an ass this year, but he's one of the best receivers in the NFL when healthy.
LT David Diehl- He's Very Quietly developed into top notch NFL offensive lineman, he's played 4 of the 5 positions on the O-Line in his career so he's incredibly versatile.
RG Chris Snee- Proved last year that he's on the Giants because he can play, not because he's Coughlin's son in law.

Defense

DE Justin Tuck- The man is a freak.. he's only 25 years old, he's getting sacks, while also drawing some serious double teams and sometimes they chip him on top of the double teams
DT Fred Robbins- Look at his numbers, they don't lie, he's been a force in the middle this year
DE Mathias Kiwanuka- Watch the Giants-Steelers and the Giants-Redskins games to see what i mean, and in most of the time in between that he was recuperating from an injury.
CB Corey Webster- Yes, thatCorey Webster. He's been shutting people down this season, very few passes thrown in his direction are being caught..

Guys on the fringe.. Brandon Jacobs, John Carney, Antonio Pierce, Steve Smith

93henfan
October 30th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Sav Rocca.

Oh yeah, our RB from 'Nova too.

Hoyadestroya85
October 30th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Sav Rocca.

Oh yeah, our RB from 'Nova too.

No love for Sean Considine, Tony Hunt and Dan Klecko?

93henfan
October 30th, 2008, 02:45 PM
No love for Sean Considine, Tony Hunt and Dan Klecko?

I'd vote for them to go to the No Bowl.

bandl
October 30th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Redskins

Clinton Portis - 944 rushing yards (260 more than #2 rusher), NFL leading rusher, 7 TD's (2nd in league), great blocker

Jason Campbell - No interceptions, 1754 yards passing (t-7th with Peyton Manning), 100.5 rating (5th in league)

Santana Moss - 42 receptions for 658 yards (5th in league), 1 punt return TD, playmaker and deep-ball threat

Chris Cooley - 40 receptions (2nd in league for TE's) for 451 yards, 24 catches for 1st down (2nd in league for TE's), great blocker and takes coverage off Moss

London Fletcher - 67 tackles (4th in league), team 'general' when on field

Chris Horton - (rookie) 3rd most tackles on team, 3 interceptions

813Jag
October 30th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Offense:
Romo: hopefully returns to form after missing 3 games
Barber: if they remember that he plays for them
Owens: if he doesn't melt down
Whitten: one of the top TE's in the league
Adams and Colombo: fill out the O-Line
possible:
Roy Williams: puts up good numbers opposite of T.O.

Defense
Ware: will be a Pro-Bowler most of his career
Z. Thomas: was reborn in D-Town
Possible:
B. James: he continues to grow and develop

Peems
October 30th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Frank Gore
Patrick Willis

biggie
October 30th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Offense:
possible:

Defense
Possible:
Witten and Ware are the only two at this point in the season for me.

bandl
October 30th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Offense:
possible:

Defense
Possible:

Lots of ifs! xlolx

Cooley is #2 behind Witten in TE yards and TE 1st downs xreadx

813Jag
October 30th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Lots of ifs! xlolx

Cooley is #2 behind Witten in TE yards and TE 1st downs xreadx

I know if if was a fifth. xlolx But they aren't far fetched ifs.

grizband
October 30th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Packers:
Aaron Rodgers - QB
Greg Jennings - WR
Aaron Kampman - DE
Nick Collins - S
Charles Woodson - CB

Hoyadestroya85
October 30th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Packers:
Aaron Rodgers - QB
Greg Jennings - WR
Aaron Kampman - DE
Nick Collins - S
Charles Woodson - CB

We'll wait and see on Rodgers, but at this point, yes

i'm happy for Charles, he's had a career rebirth in Green Bay and even though he's getting up there in years, he's still got it..

grizband
October 30th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Packers:
Aaron Rodgers - QB
Greg Jennings - WR
Aaron Kampman - DE
Nick Collins - S
Charles Woodson - CB

We'll wait and see on Rodgers, but at this point, yes

i'm happy for Charles, he's had a career rebirth in Green Bay and even though he's getting up there in years, he's still got it..
Rodgers - 5th in QB rating in NFC, 3rd in TDs, 6th in yards/game
Jennings - leads NFC in receiving yards, 2nd in yards/game, T-3rd in TDs
Kampman - T-1st for sacks among NFC defensive ends
Collins - T-1st interceptions among NFC safeties. 2 TDs
Woodson - leads NFC CBs with 4 INT, 2 TDs, T-2nd with 12 pass deflections

I'm not saying any of these Packers should be the favorite, or starters, but they all deserve serious consideration for the Pro Bowl.

Hoyadestroya85
October 30th, 2008, 04:40 PM
oh, i agree with all of them... but i just highlighted rodgers because there are some good QB's in the NFC who are esbablished, and one who plays on the Cowboys.. I'd put Rodgers in over Romo
and the other three i absolutely agree

dbackjon
October 30th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Cardinals:

QB - Kurt Warner
RB - Tim Hightower (lots of TD's already)
WR - Larry Fitzgerald (Best WR in the NFL)
WR - Anquan Boldin
DB - Adrian Wilson

Probably a couple more, but this is off the top of my head.

GeauxLions94
October 30th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Saints ...

QB - Drew Brees xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx
Returner - Reggie Bush xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx
LB - Jonathan Vilma xthumbsupx xthumbsupx
OL - Jamaal Brown xthumbsupx

Hoyadestroya85
October 31st, 2008, 02:49 AM
Drew Brees is one fine quarterback

OB55
October 31st, 2008, 05:09 AM
TO!

xlolx

OhioHen
October 31st, 2008, 06:40 AM
Seattle - just one this year.

Walter Jones

andy7171
October 31st, 2008, 07:04 AM
Chris Samuels
Chris Cooley
Clinton Portis
Randy Thomas
Jason Campbell

London Fletcher
Carlos Rogers - yes bandl I said it

B&G
October 31st, 2008, 07:18 AM
Miami Dolphins

QB - Chad Pennington: The AFC QB pool is lacking this year and I think Chad has earned it by being a leader for a young team and very efficient. Look at his completion percentage.

RB - Ronnie Brown: He is a versatile back that can catch and run and even play the point man if they want to do some Wildcat Formation in the Pro Bowl.

OL - Samson Satele: Possibly the most underrated OL in the league.

LB - Joey Porter: Back to his old self and killing QB's.

Fringe: TE Anthony Fasano (too many other good TE's in AFC to justify but he's a solid blocker who has soft hands), OL Jake Long (a few too many penalties), LB Channing Crowder (good tackler but no big plays), S Yeremiah Bell (also underrated, makes a lot of clutch plays but there's a lot of competition at the position)

bandl
October 31st, 2008, 07:26 AM
Chris Samuels
Chris Cooley
Clinton Portis
Randy Thomas
Jason Campbell

London Fletcher
Carlos Rogers - yes bandl I said it

I actually had Rogers on my list originally, but took him off because he doesn't have the 'stats' that people love. But he has been as good a shut-down CB in the NFL as anyone. xnodx

ASUG8
October 31st, 2008, 08:01 AM
Panthers -

Steve Smith

Julius Peppers

Deangelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart are having a good year, but not on the Pro Bowl level.

Go Panthers!xthumbsupx

appmaj
October 31st, 2008, 10:36 AM
Panthers -

Steve Smith

Julius Peppers

Deangelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart are having a good year, but not on the Pro Bowl level.

Go Panthers!xthumbsupx

Beat me to it

B&G
October 31st, 2008, 10:59 AM
Panthers -

Steve Smith

Julius Peppers

Go Panthers!xthumbsupx

I think a case could be made for QB Jake Delhomme, LB Jon Beason and DB Chris Harris. In fact, Beason and Harris deserve it more than Peppers.

LacesOut
October 31st, 2008, 11:07 AM
McNabb?
Westbrook?
Juqua Parker?
Trent Cole?
DeSean Jackson?

I'm not really sure at this point. And I'm waaaaaaaaay to lazy to actually look up stats.

UNHWildCats
October 31st, 2008, 12:21 PM
Patriots

Randy Moss
Wes Welker
Stephen Gostkowski
Ellis Hobbs
Jerod Mayo
Adalius Thomas
Richard Seymour
Brandon Meriweather

ASUG8
October 31st, 2008, 12:39 PM
I think a case could be made for QB Jake Delhomme, LB Jon Beason and DB Chris Harris. In fact, Beason and Harris deserve it more than Peppers.

True on Jake - his bionic elbow is serving him well this season. Smith doesn't catch those balls on his own.

wkuhillhound
October 31st, 2008, 12:42 PM
Tennessee Titans
Offense:
LenDale White
Chris Johnson
Michael Roos
Defense:
Albert Haynesworth
Cortland Finnegan
Keith Bulluck
Kyle VandenBosch

Fringe: PK Rob Bironas

appfan2008
October 31st, 2008, 12:49 PM
Falcons:
Michael Turner 679 rushing yards
John Abraham 7 sacks

Grizzaholic
October 31st, 2008, 01:00 PM
Cinci.

Pretty sparse around these parts for Pro Bowl people.

OhioHen
October 31st, 2008, 01:04 PM
Cinci.

Pretty sparse around these parts for Pro Bowl people.

TJ Who's-your-momma is having a decent year, considering what he has around him on the offense.

TheValleyRaider
October 31st, 2008, 01:07 PM
My Favorite Team: New York Giants

Offense

QB Eli Manning- He's having a pretty solid season, his team is very good and he's the defending Super Bowl MVP.
FB Madison Hedgecock- He's a huge part of their running game, plays with reckless abandon.
WR Plaxico Burress- I know he's acted like an ass this year, but he's one of the best receivers in the NFL when healthy.
LT David Diehl- He's Very Quietly developed into top notch NFL offensive lineman, he's played 4 of the 5 positions on the O-Line in his career so he's incredibly versatile.
RG Chris Snee- Proved last year that he's on the Giants because he can play, not because he's Coughlin's son in law.

Defense

DE Justin Tuck- The man is a freak.. he's only 25 years old, he's getting sacks, while also drawing some serious double teams and sometimes they chip him on top of the double teams
DT Fred Robbins- Look at his numbers, they don't lie, he's been a force in the middle this year
DE Mathias Kiwanuka- Watch the Giants-Steelers and the Giants-Redskins games to see what i mean, and in most of the time in between that he was recuperating from an injury.
CB Corey Webster- Yes, thatCorey Webster. He's been shutting people down this season, very few passes thrown in his direction are being caught..

Guys on the fringe.. Brandon Jacobs, John Carney, Antonio Pierce, Steve Smith

I agree on most of those picks, but not Burress. Not even counting the off-field stuff, he just hasn't seemed 100%. Looked great in the opener vs. Washington, then after that.....?

Grizzaholic
October 31st, 2008, 01:08 PM
TJ Who's-your-momma is having a decent year, considering what he has around him on the offense.

Decent, not near a Pro Bowl selection IMO. At the end of last year I actually thought my Bengals would be in the running for the playoffs this year. Then the wheels fell off, the car crashed and flipped off the bridge, exploded in mid air, landed in the river, was swept over the falls and landed in a toxic waste dump.

Just horrible.

Shellin
October 31st, 2008, 02:05 PM
Decent, not near a Pro Bowl selection IMO. At the end of last year I actually thought my Bengals would be in the running for the playoffs this year. Then the wheels fell off, the car crashed and flipped off the bridge, exploded in mid air, landed in the river, was swept over the falls and landed in a toxic waste dump.

Just horrible.

Could be worse I suppose. I was pretty sure the Seahawks were going to coast to another NFC West Title but we can't even have a player walk to Starbucks without tearing an ACL or spraining an ankle...its been a rough season for sure. And I agree with OhioHen, i think the only Hawks pro-bowler this season is Walter Jones.

grizband
October 31st, 2008, 05:06 PM

Just horrible.
That toxic waste dump was then subsidized in a government reclamation project, and is scheduled to include a strip mall, car dealership, and used music store... xwhistlex

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Grizzaholic
October 31st, 2008, 05:15 PM
That toxic waste dump was then subsidized in a government reclamation project, and is scheduled to include a strip mall, car dealership, and used music store... xwhistlex

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

You might as well pile it on. I deserve it. What was I thinking, the Bengals actually going somewhere other than court and the doctor.

GolfingGriz
October 31st, 2008, 08:54 PM
STL: Oshiomogho Atogwe