PDA

View Full Version : If anyone wants NFL draft status of a player, I may be able to help

Wolfman
October 24th, 2008, 11:37 PM
If you are wondering how the NFL boys evaluate one of your teams' players, regarding how high they might go in the draft, I may be able to get some info from a buddy who scouts for the Carolina Panthers. I talk to him every couple of weeks.

He got pissed at me last season for publically posting Carolina's comments on a couple of Montana kids, so I will have to send you a PM if I can get info from him on an individual player.

I make no guarantees, and if I am deluged with players, I will not be able to ask him on all of these guys. But, give me a couple of names and I will see if I can get some info on them.

Syntax Error
October 24th, 2008, 11:38 PM
good to post on the FCS in the Pros board

Wolfman
October 24th, 2008, 11:46 PM
good to post on the FCS in the Pros board

See, I can make posts without bashing Hauck. xsmiley_wix

Grizzaholic
October 24th, 2008, 11:47 PM
See, I can make posts without bashing Hauck. xsmiley_wix

EDIT:

Syntax Error
October 24th, 2008, 11:48 PM
See, I can make posts without bashing Hauck. xsmiley_wixxoutofrepx

Grizo406
October 25th, 2008, 01:15 AM
xoutofrepx

"Idiot wind, blowing through the buttons of our coats,
Blowing through the letters that we wrote
Idiot wind, blowing through the dust upon our shelves
We're idiots SE,
It's a wonder we can even feed ourselves."
-BDylan
-Grizo

AppIAA
October 25th, 2008, 08:39 AM
Check about Armanti.. see if he is even being considered for the NFL

phoenixphanatic21
October 25th, 2008, 09:32 AM
I'd like to know about anyone at Elon they are considering. I'm especially interested in what they say about Scott Riddle. I know about Terrell Hudgins and what people think about him, but I'd love to know what people are saying about other Phoenix players.

Maverick
October 25th, 2008, 09:57 AM
Wolfman,
You think he was pissed at you last year, wait until this year. Giving his name on another thread will very likely get back to his bosses at Carolina which I am sure will be a great help to him. What kind of guy are you to do that to a "friend"? With friends like you, his enemies don't even make the top 10.

After you admit he got mad at you for last year, you offer to use him do it again this year for a wider audience. I don't see you doing your "friend" any favors with this type of behavior. Seems you are more concerned with showing off your "inside connections" than considering the impact on a "friend." Maybe your friend is OK with with what you are doing this but I am sure that his NFL team would not agree that this is a good thing based on how they are about their evals and draft board info.

xnonox xnonox xnonox xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x

Thunderstruck84
October 25th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Nick Mertens

xprayx We can only hope he declares early xprayx

Editor's Note: I'm kidding, don't actually ask about this guy

Uncle Rico's Clan
October 25th, 2008, 10:52 AM
Ask what he thinks about Mariani, then go cry.:)

R.A.
October 25th, 2008, 06:08 PM
What's the word on Endor Cooper, Linebacker, Howard University??

smallcollegefbfan
October 25th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Check about Armanti.. see if he is even being considered for the NFL

He is likely about 5'11 1/2 and 184 so you know he won't get a look at QB. I know a few NFL people who have looked at him and they want to see him at WR or RB and said free agent at this point.
The players from App next year that I think deserve looks are AE, CB Gilbert, and maybe the Vandy DE, if he can stay healthy.

Another thing to remember is that teams have different opinions on players and that area scouts are information people and will admit that they are not the decision makers, so their grades are just a starting point and many times the area scout's grade is off from what the GM and coach give the player. A grade from one team means very little as you have to get the opinion of 5-10 teams and at least 2-3 directors of college scouting or GMs to really have an accurate gauge on their stock.

smallcollegefbfan
October 25th, 2008, 10:32 PM
I'd like to know about anyone at Elon they are considering. I'm especially interested in what they say about Scott Riddle. I know about Terrell Hudgins and what people think about him, but I'd love to know what people are saying about other Phoenix players.

Riddle is good but ask yourself how many 6'0 QBs from FCS have gotten legit looks and you will know the answer. He is also a sophomore and with so many seniors and top juniors on their radar they are not likely to even give him much of a look right now. I already know that Hudgins is late rounds because he only ran 4.7s for them last year and that is pretty slow for the NFL. His production and size are the only reason he would even get drafted unless he runs 4.6 or better and then I could see mid rounds. He is a heck of a player! :)

smallcollegefbfan
October 25th, 2008, 10:35 PM
Nick Mertens

xprayx We can only hope he declares early xprayx

Editor's Note: I'm kidding, don't actually ask about this guy

I know you were joking but I could see him getting a tryout with a good senior year. He has a better arm than Steve Walker and is having a good year.

smallcollegefbfan
October 25th, 2008, 10:36 PM
What's the word on Endor Cooper, Linebacker, Howard University??

I have heard PFA through the people I know but like I said before I won't say which teams. It would be interesting to see what the Panthers think. I know some said Cooper is not that fast and is overweight. With his production I think he would really benefit from an all-star game to show his ability against top notch competition.