PDA

View Full Version : Official App State vs East Carolina thread

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Touchdown Yosef
September 1st, 2009, 02:00 PM
So the real question ECU is....

What good BBQ restaurants are open on Sunday. I desperately wanted to go to the Skylight Inn but all the restaurants I can find are closed on Sunday. Any chance you know of any that are open?

KiddBrewer
September 1st, 2009, 03:11 PM
Haha, talk has picked up this week. Got my beat App St pin at the student store yesterday.

:oim gonna vomit......get a plate! get a plate!xoopsx

ps. somebody name that movie, you get mass rep points!

neersnbeers
September 2nd, 2009, 05:51 AM
Its incredible the amount of tix for sale and needed on craigslist across the state. And some prices...........yikes, 200 a pop!

MarchingMountaineer
September 2nd, 2009, 08:49 AM
Its incredible the amount of tix for sale and needed on craigslist across the state. And some prices...........yikes, 200 a pop!

I'm relieved to know mine was such a bargain. I lived 45 miles from ECU and I've waited 30 years for this one. I hope it's not another 3 decades before they do it again since they know it can be a sell-out. (Much better than the 13,000 at the '79 game.)

ericsaid
September 2nd, 2009, 09:59 AM
I know of someone who is selling a single ticket for the ECU App game that will be seated with the App fans. He got it through purchasing App season tickets. IF anyone is interested let me know.

AppIAA
September 2nd, 2009, 11:18 AM
I am probably beating a dead horse here, and do not want to scroll through the entire thread, but I know there were some "Well ECU has NFL draft caliber players on the defense.." blah, blah, blah..

Just did some quick research (and i mean real quick), and I do not think that is going to be a big deal. Hate to bring it up, but so did Michigan in 2007. In fact, according to http://cfn.scout.com/2/652475.html 3 of their 4 starting defensive line (Jamison, Taylor, Johnson) play in the NFL now. The other is still playing for Big Blue and is likely a draft pick as well

And according to Brett Irvin (true freshman making his first start) those "boys are easy man"

http://vimeo.com/2861268 - 7:38 mark

I CANT WAIT FOR THE SEASON TO START!!!

KiddBrewer
September 2nd, 2009, 05:29 PM
I know of someone who is selling a single ticket for the ECU App game that will be seated with the App fans. He got it through purchasing App season tickets. IF anyone is interested let me know.

I may have one ticket for sale also, but im not certain yet, so ill get back to you all.

smallcollegefbfan
September 2nd, 2009, 07:11 PM
I am probably beating a dead horse here, and do not want to scroll through the entire thread, but I know there were some "Well ECU has NFL draft caliber players on the defense.." blah, blah, blah..

Just did some quick research (and i mean real quick), and I do not think that is going to be a big deal. Hate to bring it up, but so did Michigan in 2007. In fact, according to http://cfn.scout.com/2/652475.html 3 of their 4 starting defensive line (Jamison, Taylor, Johnson) play in the NFL now. The other is still playing for Big Blue and is likely a draft pick as well

And according to Brett Irvin (true freshman making his first start) those "boys are easy man"

http://vimeo.com/2861268 - 7:38 mark

I CANT WAIT FOR THE SEASON TO START!!!

ECU has about 5 seniors getting NFL looks. DE CJ Wilson, DT Jay Ross, FS Van Eskridge, QB Patrick Pinkney, and C Sean Allen. I think Wilson is the only one that will play on Sundays for sure. The rest are free agent or 6th-7th round type prospects. ASU definitely is not seeing the best team they have played in the last 3 years and probably just the 3rd best team but they are also playing this team without Edwards and that will be tough.

Aho_Old_Guy
September 2nd, 2009, 07:24 PM
Haha, talk has picked up this week. Got my beat App St pin at the student store yesterday.

Back at ya, Rookie ...

http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww165/Back_at_the_Ranch/Asu-Ezu_2009.jpg

SoCon48
September 2nd, 2009, 09:39 PM
Back at ya, Rookie ...

http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww165/Back_at_the_Ranch/Asu-Ezu_2009.jpg

<SNICKER>

boonegoon
September 3rd, 2009, 11:33 AM
Just had 2 tickets come available for this game. PM me if interested. Meeting @ willcall.

ericsaid
September 3rd, 2009, 02:02 PM
I know most of you think i'm full on Pirate now. But for anyone who wants a good chuckle that has a rivals subscription should go to ECU's page and read their match up.

He calls ECU's linebackers better than two potential FCS all americans because of how they work as a unit.

Just a preview. It's pretty sad to see the lack of actual research for a game of this magnitude to the fans. It's almost a diservice to everyone who actually pays for that $#$%.

biggie
September 3rd, 2009, 02:06 PM
I know most of you think i'm full on Pirate now. But for anyone who wants a good chuckle that has a rivals subscription should go to ECU's page and read their match up.

He calls ECU's linebackers better than two potential FCS all americans because of how they work as a unit.

Just a preview. It's pretty sad to see the lack of actual research for a game of this magnitude to the fans. It's almost a diservice to everyone who actually pays for that $#$%.
The better line was talking about "Legree with 10 interceptions last year", then saying that App's weak spot was "lack of ball hawking Safety".

Writer is oblivious.

ericsaid
September 3rd, 2009, 02:13 PM
I agree with him on a few things. But the fact of the matter is 4<10, unless apparently your a writer for ECU, i'm ashamed to say, and then to discredit two players who had a combined 252 tackles last season by saying because they are in FCS, our units better because they apparently hold hands while they play.(

DJ Smith and Jaque Roman could start for ECU and since i'm here it'd be great to have D.J. Smith. Apps linebackers are actually bigger than ECU's. Go figure that one out.

His explanation for why ECu has the advantage basically says, "We're not better, but I don't want to piss anyone off." So he makes up the reason that because they play as a unit they are better. I didn't know 252 tackles by two linebackers was working individually.

DSUrocks07
September 3rd, 2009, 02:22 PM
I don't think it's hate toward the schools listed... just pointing out that the SEC doesn't mind scheduling FCS teams... but, has something against scheduling SWAC teams for some reason.

xnodx

813Jag
September 3rd, 2009, 02:29 PM
I don't think it's hate toward the schools listed... just pointing out that the SEC doesn't mind scheduling FCS teams... but, has something against scheduling SWAC teams for some reason.
well Mississippi State is playing Jackson St this year. LSU hasn't scheduled any instate FCS team. (I have no interest in seeing Southern play LSU)

Skjellyfetti
September 3rd, 2009, 02:55 PM
well Mississippi State is playing Jackson St this year. LSU hasn't scheduled any instate FCS team. (I have no interest in seeing Southern play LSU)

Yeah, that part of the article was written in the context of Mississippi State scheduling Jackson St.

813Jag
September 3rd, 2009, 03:05 PM
Yeah, that part of the article was written in the context of Mississippi State scheduling Jackson St.
I read it after I posted. xdohx

ASUMountaineer
September 3rd, 2009, 03:33 PM

They made pins for a high school team? I mean, that's what this remarkably awesome video tells us, ECU is big time, ASU not so much. xlolx

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch?e=20090903084917502

Skjellyfetti
September 3rd, 2009, 03:39 PM
They made pins for a high school team? I mean, that's what this remarkably awesome video tells us, ECU is big time, ASU not so much. xlolx

xlolxxlolx

Conference USA is BIG TIME College Football.

xlmaox

ASUG8
September 3rd, 2009, 03:49 PM

This is exactly the type of arrogance UM had - on Boneyard Banter they've been drinking the Kook-aid a bit too much....xnonono2x

ericsaid
September 3rd, 2009, 04:10 PM

I've read more pointless things on here.

Then again I could slam FCS now and say its awesome when you average 8,000 in attendance.(Ofcourse that doesn't pertain to the upper level teams.)

Mikeyosef
September 3rd, 2009, 04:16 PM
ASUG8, I'm right there with you. These guys are ripe for a fall, maybe more so with AE out. Can't wait to see us in action in Greenville. I hope to hear the same thing at ECU I heard after the UM game: Glad you came, hope you enjoyed it cause you're NEVER coming back! Oh the pain, Oh the pain!!! You could feel it and it felt soooo good after the cupcake remarks leading up to the game.

neersnbeers
September 4th, 2009, 12:57 AM
Anyone going to be out watching the game in the Hendersonville, NC area? Know of any bars that are going to have Direct TV ch. 640 or Dish ch. 432?

ASUG8
September 4th, 2009, 07:11 AM
I've read more pointless things on here.

Then again I could slam FCS now and say its awesome when you average 8,000 in attendance.(Ofcourse that doesn't pertain to the upper level teams.)

You just did - congrats on officially turning FBS. xcoffeex

ronpayne
September 4th, 2009, 08:34 AM
An interesting tidbit... somebody posted in another thread about the lines on the game, and the site has AppState over ECU by +12 (if I am reading it right)...

http://www.betus.com/sports-betting/ncaa-football/odds-lines/

Either way, looks to be a good game and no injuries, hopefully!

GO APPS!

ASU_MBA
September 4th, 2009, 08:53 AM
An interesting tidbit... somebody posted in another thread about the lines on the game, and the site has AppState over ECU by +12 (if I am reading it right)...

http://www.betus.com/sports-betting/ncaa-football/odds-lines/

Either way, looks to be a good game and no injuries, hopefully!

GO APPS!

I think you are reading it wrong...

It means ECU is favored by 12.5 so if you pick them you have to give up 12.5 points or they have to beat App by more than that for you to cover the spread.

appirishmen
September 4th, 2009, 08:55 AM
sorry dude. but + 12 means that we to lose by 12 pts. thats not a bad spread. i think that if we are able to run the ball we will have a shot. we have a much better shot at beating ECU than we did at LSU.

ASU_MBA
September 4th, 2009, 09:00 AM
I am hoping CJ Wilson and co. will be a little over aggressive allowing us to do some screen/TE pass plays if the run game is a no go...

they have some monsters on the D-line I would not count on running a whole lot.but i agree if we can do it that would be awesome...
if we can stop their run game we might have a shot but they return all 5 starters on the O-line...I like our chances of the DBs against their WR and Pinckey has been know to throw some picks...

AshevilleApp2
September 4th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Leaving for Greenville right now!!! xhurrayx xhurrayx

Hope to see/meet some of you there. xthumbsupx

ASU_MBA
September 4th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Leaving for Greenville right now!!! xhurrayx xhurrayx

Hope to see/meet some of you there. xthumbsupx

Travel Safe....

CrackerRiley
September 4th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Leaving for Greenville at 5. Not looking forward to the drive....

SideLine Shooter
September 4th, 2009, 10:53 AM
Leaving for Greenville at 5. Not looking forward to the drive....

I'm right behind you!xnodxxnodxxnodxxnodx

SideLine Shooter
September 4th, 2009, 10:56 AM
sorry dude. but + 12 means that we to lose by 12 pts. thats not a bad spread. i think that if we are able to run the ball we will have a shot. we have a much better shot at beating ECU than we did at LSU.

I got 14.5 and had to take it.:)

ronpayne
September 4th, 2009, 11:09 AM

Ah, I wondered. Now I know! Thanks for the clarification xreadx xbowx

PhoenixSupreme
September 4th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Just did an auto-channel scan on my old HDTV and found out I had MASN and MASN2 (which I didn't have before the digital TV conversion date). Definitely watching the game now.

ASU_Fanatic
September 4th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Woot! Woot! Headed for Greenville tomorroe. I'm ready to watch DP to kick some Pirate but!!!!

KiddBrewer
September 5th, 2009, 12:58 AM
I'm sitting in Greenville right this minute half twisted....and I can not wait until the sun comes up tomorrow!!!!! what a beautiful day!!!

KiddBrewer
September 5th, 2009, 01:00 AM
It was almost comical how many appalachian fans I passed on the way down here. We will NEVER be called a sorry bunch of fans!!!

neersnbeers
September 5th, 2009, 07:36 AM
Bout time to go work boys!!!!

jus10asu
September 5th, 2009, 08:14 AM
I think DP is gonna show up today...aside from last year at LSU , our boys always play big on a big stage. Lets get it done boys!!! Go APP STATE!!!

appirishmen
September 5th, 2009, 10:04 AM
I think DP is gonna show up today...aside from last year at LSU , our boys always play big on a big stage. Lets get it done boys!!! Go APP STATE!!!

and that was just LSU. the sec is just crazy. they have big and fast linemen. i knew that game would be bad.

Skjellyfetti
September 5th, 2009, 10:06 AM
ONE HOUR TO KICKOFF.

http://www.wataugademocrat.com/2008/1103/1104_350_touchdown.jpg

http://www.wataugademocrat.com/2008/1103/1105_450_marklegree.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/06um2wsdNTcX9/610x.jpg

http://www.wataugademocrat.com/2008/1103/1105_450_brianquick.jpg

http://www.goasu.com//pics11/640/YX/YXMSRGQNXABNVPS.20080830192338.jpg

andy7171
September 5th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Cool ASU is on MASN! I'll listen to the Towson game and watch ya'lls Mountaineers.

MtnJumper
September 5th, 2009, 10:43 AM
Checking in from New Mexico. Game Day is here at last! Wish I could be there in person, but the play by play from the App Sports Network is a good substitute.

Skjellyfetti
September 5th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Checking in from New Mexico. Game Day is here at last! Wish I could be there in person, but the play by play from the App Sports Network is a good substitute.

http://www.channelsurfing.net/watch-east-carolina.html

Should be able to get video here as well.

Best to leave DJ and Brownie audio on though!

StrikeJMU
September 5th, 2009, 11:04 AM
How come MASN isn't playing the game...its EPSN News!

Skjellyfetti
September 5th, 2009, 11:04 AM
Armanti wins the coin toss. Defers.

Skjellyfetti
September 5th, 2009, 11:05 AM
How come MASN isn't playing the game...its EPSN News!

Same here. They might pick it up right at kickoff or something?

I dunno.

EmeryZach
September 5th, 2009, 11:07 AM
CSTV all access, or whatever it is called, has canceled its broadcast of the game. That means the channelsurfing.net coverage will be canceled too.

Skjellyfetti
September 5th, 2009, 11:08 AM
CSTV all access, or whatever it is called, has canceled its broadcast of the game.

xmadxxmadxxmadxxmadxxmadx

WTF

Skjellyfetti
September 5th, 2009, 11:09 AM
If they had given more notice... Goasu could have picked video coverage

UNHFan
September 5th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Why does channel 640 on Direct TV say the game is on AND ITS NOT! WAAAAA

PhoenixSupreme
September 5th, 2009, 11:10 AM
In addition to the whole ESPNews/MaSN thing...my channel keeps flickering in and out of signal....looks like I'm watching Liberty/WVU on ESPN360 now (hope it doesn't blackout in Richmond)

StrikeJMU
September 5th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Great...I CAN watch the Liberty game, but NOT ECU-ASU. sweet.

Skjellyfetti
September 5th, 2009, 11:11 AM
ECU scores way too easily to start the game

asknoquarter21
September 5th, 2009, 11:21 AM
HOW CAN I WATCH THE GAME!!!!

93henfan
September 5th, 2009, 11:22 AM
MASN screws the pooch. Unbelievable. At least I'm getting to watch a lot of other FCS games. The RB for UNI #1 looked very good on the first drive. Homeslice has some moves and is strong. Nice combination.

93henfan
September 5th, 2009, 11:23 AM
HOW CAN I WATCH THE GAME!!!!

How fast can you get to Greeneville?

ERASU2113
September 5th, 2009, 11:23 AM
How did ECU score? My internship has me sitting at the volleyball invitational in Boone. Any updates will be great!

Skjellyfetti
September 5th, 2009, 11:28 AM
How did ECU score? My internship has me sitting at the volleyball invitational in Boone. Any updates will be great!

They are dominating us upfront ala LSU.

Black and Gold Express
September 5th, 2009, 11:29 AM
CSTV all access, or whatever it is called, has canceled its broadcast of the game. That means the channelsurfing.net coverage will be canceled too.

Where did you find that at, I cannot confirm it.

ERASU2113
September 5th, 2009, 11:29 AM
They are dominating us upfront ala LSU.

Oh great, another year of getting blown off the ball.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 5th, 2009, 11:30 AM
ASU gives up a third and long...

Skjellyfetti
September 5th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Ughhh 17-0

asknoquarter21
September 5th, 2009, 11:38 AM
David Jackson is right.

DeAndre hasn't caught up to the speed of the game.

Skjellyfetti
September 5th, 2009, 11:39 AM
David Jackson is right.

DeAndre hasn't caught up to the speed of the game.

It's not just him though... doesn't sound like our D is getting the job done

asknoquarter21
September 5th, 2009, 11:45 AM
We need to get something going

EmeryZach
September 5th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Where did you find that at, I cannot confirm it.

CBS College Sports All-Access ECU page. Then signed in, then clicked on the football broadcast. The video loads and then it says "CANCELLED (sic), We apologize for the inconvenience."

Oh well.

appirishmen
September 5th, 2009, 11:48 AM
this is bad. wtf is our team?

CamelCityAppFan
September 5th, 2009, 11:54 AM
this is bad. wtf is our team?

Sounds like they thought they were in Ann Arbor...xeyebrowx

appirishmen
September 5th, 2009, 11:55 AM
its on masn now

rOryOs-ASU
September 5th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Just came on!

Skjellyfetti
September 5th, 2009, 11:56 AM
This is a HORRIBLE showing from us thus far

CamelCityAppFan
September 5th, 2009, 11:58 AM
This is a HORRIBLE showing from us thus far

Glad I'm only listening...

asknoquarter21
September 5th, 2009, 11:58 AM
It is back on MASN now !!!!!

Skjellyfetti
September 5th, 2009, 12:00 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!

We show some life.

Deep pass to Quick complete.

asknoquarter21
September 5th, 2009, 12:02 PM
I am gonna venture to say we look more like ourselves now that we are on TV

Skjellyfetti
September 5th, 2009, 12:02 PM
I am gonna venture to say we look more like ourselves now that we are on TV

Yes. We look completely different atm.

We had like -9 yards of offense before this drive.

CharlestonAppFan
September 5th, 2009, 12:04 PM
I believe DP just manned up and remembered he played football

CharlestonAppFan
September 5th, 2009, 12:04 PM
instead of wearing a red jersey

CamelCityAppFan
September 5th, 2009, 12:06 PM
TOUCHDOWN!!!!

StrikeJMU
there you go.

Skjellyfetti
TOUCHDOWN DP!

CamelCityAppFan
shame we had to spot the pirates 24...

Skjellyfetti
September 5th, 2009, 12:08 PM
Our offense woke up...

Now our defense needs to play some football and we can make the score respectable.

CharlestonAppFan
September 5th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Our offense woke up...

Now our defense needs to play some football and we can make the score respectable.

Never give up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skjellyfetti
September 5th, 2009, 12:11 PM
d-line still getting blown off the ball

Skjellyfetti
September 5th, 2009, 12:15 PM
INTERCEPTION

WOOOOOOT

Skjellyfetti
September 5th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Deandre shaky throwing the ball... 3rd and six pass thrown 5 yards away from Coco right to ECU linebacker...

93henfan
September 5th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Sign of respect, IMHO. ECU wants the ball again with seconds left and takes TOs forcing a punt, not trusting a 20-point halftime lead vs App.

asknoquarter21
September 5th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Yea, I appreciate the 15 extra yard coming out of the half

hapapp
September 5th, 2009, 12:43 PM
This result will, at least, keep some Apps fans a bit more humble. We need to win it on the field not on paper. We obviously have some work to do.

Skjellyfetti
September 5th, 2009, 12:46 PM
We still have a chance to make it 10-14 point game. I think that would be a fine result.

Not time to worry quite yet... but, there are definetely some question marks.

93henfan
September 5th, 2009, 12:51 PM
The ECU line depth is a killer. They're rotating fresh bodies at will.

Skjellyfetti
September 5th, 2009, 12:52 PM
The ECU line depth is a killer.

Yah, their o-line and d-line are just dominating us.

We really have to improve there this year if we want to win the socon or make a run in the playoffs.

appirishmen
September 5th, 2009, 12:53 PM
The ECU line depth is a killer. They're rotating fresh bodies at will.

amen!!!!!

Screamin_Eagle174
September 5th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Sign of respect, IMHO. ECU wants the ball again with seconds left and takes TOs forcing a punt, not trusting a 20-point halftime lead vs App.

Yeah, I'm sure that's it. Because a coach wouldn't try to score every time his offense has the ball and there's time on the clock... xcoffeex

Skjellyfetti
September 5th, 2009, 01:05 PM
decent drive to start 2nd half.

hooked the field goal though.

93henfan
September 5th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Yeah, I'm sure that's it. Because a coach wouldn't try to score every time his offense has the ball and there's time on the clock... xcoffeex

Delaware ran out the clock to end the first half with three downs to work, three TOs on the board, and a 21 point lead last night.

You were saying?

Skjellyfetti
September 5th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Delaware ran out the clock to end the first half with three downs to work, three TOs on the board, and a 21 point lead last night.

You were saying?

Keeler is a classy guy. xthumbsupx

Not saying Holtz isn't by any means. I think they are probably tired of people saying App is the best team in NC and have a point to prove.

asknoquarter21
September 5th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Cadet might be that good

Skjellyfetti
September 5th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Still need to see how he throws the ball more. Definetely has some magic running the ball though.

Skjellyfetti
September 5th, 2009, 01:34 PM
TD

nice drive by Cadet.

2 score game!

jg4app
September 5th, 2009, 01:35 PM
Cadet is the real deal. Hope this settles who should be our #2.

Skjellyfetti
September 5th, 2009, 01:36 PM
He can run. No doubt about it.

Need to see him throw the ball more before I decide.

93henfan
September 5th, 2009, 01:40 PM
App fans getting a lot of face time on the broadcast now! :D

Put on your rally caps Mountaineer fans!

93henfan
September 5th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Great stop and return. Now it's getting interesting. xthumbsupx

CamelCityAppFan
September 5th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Cadet is a dude!

Skjellyfetti
September 5th, 2009, 01:42 PM
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN......

WE HAVE A FOOTBALL GAME

93henfan
September 5th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Ref: "Time out, Appalaychin State" :p

FCS_pwns_FBS
Come on, apples. Get back in the game!!

Skjellyfetti
Completely different team from 1st Quarter.

Reminiscent of our "team of two halves" last year.

93henfan
September 5th, 2009, 01:49 PM
xflaggedx

PI on ECU in the end zone!

CamelCityAppFan
The buzz about Cadet seems to be true...

asknoquarter21
And why haven't we been throwing deep to Quick?

CamelCityAppFan
September 5th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Cadet is my new hero!!!!!!

Skjellyfetti
September 5th, 2009, 01:52 PM
OK, DISREGARD PREVIOUS POSTS.

I'M ON THE CADET BANDWAGON

93henfan
September 5th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Great showing guys.

CamelCityAppFan
September 5th, 2009, 01:53 PM
And why haven't we been throwing deep to Quick?

Cuz we needed that threat of the QB taking off to back the D-line off enough to give time for those passes...?

93henfan
September 5th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Does ECU know about Gatorade and IV drips? Those boys are cramping like a sorority house without Midol.

CamelCityAppFan
September 5th, 2009, 01:54 PM
OK, DISREGARD PREVIOUS POSTS.

I'M ON THE CADET BANDWAGON

I'm now driving the Cadet bandwagon...

CamelCityAppFan
September 5th, 2009, 01:55 PM
David Jackson just said that the defense has allowed only 2 2nd half points...I think the defense has allowed ZERO 2nd half points! It was the offense (actually special teams) that gave up the safety....

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 5th, 2009, 01:55 PM
29-21...

appstate38
September 5th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Hey FCS!!!!! You were hoping things would get back to normal once AE left!!!!!!! NOT SO MUCH!!! Cadet stepping up HUGE!

CamelCityAppFan
September 5th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Do you think Skip H expected to have his 1st team O this late in the game?

Skjellyfetti
September 5th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Now we know why he wanted to try to get another score in before halftime.

Skjellyfetti
September 5th, 2009, 01:59 PM
OMG INTERCEPTION

CamelCityAppFan
HOLY CRAP I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!

appstate38
Way to go D

93henfan
September 5th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Hey FCS!!!!! You were hoping things would get back to normal once AE left!!!!!!! NOT SO MUCH!!! Cadet stepping up HUGE!

Uh, we want to pull for you guys. Please don't make it unpleasant to do so.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 5th, 2009, 02:01 PM
If we're going to have to put up with Cadet for three more seasons after this, then you guys had better get this win for some consolation for the rest of us SoCon folks.

GO APPY!! xoopsx (is God going to kick my butt for saying that?)

appstate38
September 5th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Uh, we want to pull for you guys. Please don't make it unpleasant to do so.

Sorry 93.... Getting caught up in the moment!xsmiley_wix

DX Man
September 5th, 2009, 02:03 PM
I have seen the futrure and his name is CADETxbowx

93henfan
September 5th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Hope you guys have a nice 2-pt conversion up your sleeve.

MountaineerGuy
September 5th, 2009, 02:04 PM
If we're going to have to put up with Cadet for three more seasons after this, then you guys had better get this win for some consolation for the rest of us SoCon folks.

He's a sophomore.

And yes, God will smite you momentarily.

813Jag
September 5th, 2009, 02:05 PM
time left?

Skjellyfetti
September 5th, 2009, 02:06 PM
3:50 OR SO

DX Man
September 5th, 2009, 02:07 PM

No, but Erk's ghost may get youxpeacex

813Jag
September 5th, 2009, 02:07 PM
come on Mountaineers!

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 5th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Appy goes for a FG
29-24

Big Dawg
Come on ASU!!!

93henfan
29-24 3:24

WOCO
September 5th, 2009, 02:10 PM
onside kick?

93henfan
September 5th, 2009, 02:11 PM
I know you ASU guys are locked in, but UNI is driving on Iowa (around the 50), down 17-16 with 36 seconds to go.

Skjellyfetti
September 5th, 2009, 02:12 PM
3 AND OUT FOR ECU

Skjellyfetti
September 5th, 2009, 02:12 PM
1:35 LEFT FOR VICTORY

93henfan
September 5th, 2009, 02:13 PM
3 AND OUT FOR ECU

Unforkingbelievable. xlolx

CamelCityAppFan
I know you ASU guys are locked in, but UNI is driving on Iowa (around the 50), down 17-16 with 36 seconds to go.

Yeah, been keeping an eye on that...go UNI!

appstate38
Missed FG and safety are looming large!!!!! O has to get it done on this drive

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 5th, 2009, 02:14 PM
GO APPY!! PWN 'EM

I'm going to have to shower after this. :D

CamelCityAppFan
September 5th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Win or lose, hell of a 4th quarter for the Mountaineers!

Skjellyfetti
September 5th, 2009, 02:15 PM
bad decision by quick...........

DunkandDukin
September 5th, 2009, 02:16 PM
bad time for that sack

Skjellyfetti
September 5th, 2009, 02:18 PM
ahhhhh, so close.

great effort in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarter.

hard to be disappointed.

good game, ecu.

CamelCityAppFan
September 5th, 2009, 02:19 PM
ECU has got to feel lucky as hell to get out with the win....

appstate38
September 5th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Looking forward!!!! The Defense played lights out in the 2nd half..... No points for the Pirates on offense... lots to look forward to.

813Jag
September 5th, 2009, 02:20 PM
That's how you play with heart! xthumbsupx I hope the rest of our coaches were watching.

Skjellyfetti
September 5th, 2009, 02:22 PM
I couldn't have been more disappointed with our team in the 1st quarter. Worse I have seen them play since 2004.

GREAT effort the rest of the game. I thought 10-14 point loss would be our best effort minus Armanti and Kilgore. GREAT SHOWING APP STATE.

I hope Armanti can play next week against McNeese... but, we have a GREAT player in Cadet.

DX Man
September 5th, 2009, 02:22 PM
East Carolina has THE best football team in North Carolina!

Wow! What a game that turned out to be. I can only imagine what could have been if Cadet had started.

93henfan
September 5th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Great effort ASU. You look poised for another great season.

kirkblitz
September 5th, 2009, 02:27 PM
great effort, but you have to ask. Would armanti have won?

btw where do you keep finding your qb's. they are insane!

dennisdent
September 5th, 2009, 02:28 PM
My remote is burning. Great game ASU!

CamelCityAppFan
September 5th, 2009, 02:32 PM
great effort, but you have to ask. Would armanti have won?

btw where do you keep finding your qb's. they are insane!

The real question: should Cadet have started in the 2nd half?

ASU_MBA
September 5th, 2009, 02:35 PM
I have been saying on here for months that Cadet is the real deal.....glad everyone got to see it...DP just moved to 3rd string....If Cadet continues to improve the passing game life after AE may not be so bad....

I do think with Edwards or if Cadet played the first half we could have won...DP just did not move the ball...his running threat is not so great against fast teams like ECU...he thinks he can out run people sideline to sideline and you can't do that against teams like ECU

hapapp
September 5th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Three plays made the difference...the interference on 3rd down in ECU's first series...the missed FG...the safety. Nonetheless, can't complain about the effort in the 2nd half.

The Cadet sub came at the right time. The ECU defense was tired and he made them work even harder. His passes weren't exactly things of beauty but he was effective. So close on that last pass.

hapapp
September 5th, 2009, 02:38 PM
I have been saying on here for months that Cadet is the real deal.....glad everyone got to see it...DP just moved to 3rd string....If Cadet continues to improve the passing game life after AE may not be so bad....

I do think with Edwards or if Cadet played the first half we could have won...DP just did not move the ball...his running threat is not so great against fast teams like ECU...he thinks he can out run people sideline to sideline and you can't do that against teams like ECU

We'll never know. I think Cadet was more effective in the 2nd half because he was fresh and the ECU D was tiring and cramping. In the 1st half they were just dominant.

Skjellyfetti
September 5th, 2009, 02:39 PM
I have to admit... I thought Cadet was too hyped after his Fan Fest performance.

I'm a believer now. The kid is a playmaker.

Our D-line and O-line could use some work... and I hope Armanti is able to go next week... but, I feel soooo much better about our team than I did after watching that disastrous 1st quarter.

Never been this pumped up after a loss. So proud of the heart we showed in that comeback.

Pitbull
September 5th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Great game App...xthumbsupxxthumbsupx

Skjellyfetti
September 5th, 2009, 02:45 PM
"You can break one pencil, but you can't break 100 pencils... ECU got lucky, man."
--Travaris Cadet

xlolxxnodx

Cadet postgame interview is worth a listen. Guy talks some jive.

ASU_MBA
September 5th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Three plays made the difference...the interference on 3rd down in ECU's first series...the missed FG...the safety. Nonetheless, can't complain about the effort in the 2nd half.

The Cadet sub came at the right time. The ECU defense was tired and he made them work even harder. His passes weren't exactly things of beauty but he was effective. So close on that last pass.

Did you see the ducks DP threw...Cadet did not skip the ball to people unlike DP
I like DP but he is not the answer...
Appalachian St. Comp Att Yds Pct Y/A Sack YdsL TD Int
D. Presley 6 14 81 42.9 5.8 2 10 0 1
T. Cadet 8 11 61 72.7 5.5 1 7 0 0

73% for Cadet not to bad...

Ivytalk
September 5th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Saw most of the second half on MASN from here in Sussex County. Good effort, ASU! You made Skip Holtz sweat!xnodx

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 5th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Some funny stuff on the Boneyard Banter. Some are giving credit to App, some just think they decided to stop playing in the second half.

http://www.boneyardbanter.com/message_board/banter/

Skjellyfetti
September 5th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Some funny stuff on the Boneyard Banter. Some are giving credit to App, some just think they decided to stop playing in the second half.

And some posts worrying about whether they have to go to Boone next year. xlolx

ERASU2113
September 5th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Wow - I was watching it on my laptop through the third quarter and then the connection died. It was 29-7. I was down. I ran into an ECU fan, in Boone, and he told me the final. Needless to say I was shocked.

Pumped ASU came back from down 3+ scores. If a few mistakes hadn't been made it would have been a different ballgame. (5 point swing is a W). Regardless, App showed heart to fight back - something they'll feed off of. Watch out FCS :D

mcveyrl
September 5th, 2009, 03:01 PM
"You can break one pencil, but you can't break 100 pencils... ECU got lucky, man."
--Travaris Cadet

xlolxxnodx

Cadet postgame interview is worth a listen. Guy talks some jive.

If any player or coach from another team said that, you'd be going ape nuts.

I was watching this score on my phone hoping you guys would pull it out. I don't think there's any question (at least to me) that if AE plays, App wins.

Skjellyfetti
September 5th, 2009, 03:06 PM

No doubt about it. xlolx

I give Mickey Matthews a hard time... but, I gotta admit it was mainly due to me being heartbroken last year. Nothing wrong with being confident when you back it up... and he backed it up most of last year.

asknoquarter21
September 5th, 2009, 03:19 PM
We lost, but I would honestly feel worse about our team had we been in ECUs shoes. I mean we laid it to them the 2nd half and the 2nd quarter was almost a wash.

All I am saying is that I don't see how ECU could feel good about this game, and dispite the loss we might be a better team because of it. Many things to smile about on our end. ECU won but the end of the game left their heads no higher than ours.

I would like a shot at them in Boone man.....

Skjellyfetti
September 5th, 2009, 03:21 PM
If a few mistakes hadn't been made it would have been a different ballgame. (5 point swing is a W).

Safety and missed FG. 5 points right there.

Skjellyfetti
September 5th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Some funny stuff on the Boneyard Banter.

Now it is in borderline meltdown.

rjg129
September 5th, 2009, 03:28 PM
ECU Women's Soccer Team is at my hotel...I guess Ill let them console me

rjg129
September 5th, 2009, 03:30 PM
I would too would be very worried if I were ECU...they have some high expectations and we almost pulled a 20pt comeback on them...

I wonder if Conf-USA football is like Conf-USA basketball?

asknoquarter21
September 5th, 2009, 03:52 PM
This game made me be thankful for the FCS and being exactly where we are at.

That was the best team in the C-USA. We played them very close and if we had come to play in the first half would have dominated the game. ECU is a good team and they beat us, but honestly what do they have to look forward to? They have maybe a 1% chance of playing for a national championship. I am perfectly fine being a "small time college football fan" if it means I can get excited about my team losing a game or 2 and still being in the hunt for a championship.

ERASU2113
September 5th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Safety and missed FG. 5 points right there.

Yea that's what I was going for - didn't want to restate what everyone had said.

Aho_Old_Guy
September 5th, 2009, 04:32 PM

DP's throwin' an interception in the 2nd quarter after Appalachian snagged a turnover might be right up there ---- I hope it didn't look as bad on TV as the momentum killer it was. Any points off that App takeaway and it was a new ball game.

Anybody else hear David Jackson use the 'Good Ship Lollipop' line about the EZU fans at the beginning of the 4th quarter?

xlolx

proasu89
September 5th, 2009, 08:36 PM
GO APPY!! PWN 'EM

I'm going to have to shower after this. :D

xlolxThanks for the support!

Admit it, you kinda of enjoyed that didn't you?xsmiley_wix

ASU_Fanatic
September 5th, 2009, 08:40 PM
I was at the game it was awesome even thpugh we lost, but that was our last loss of the season.

igo4uni
September 5th, 2009, 08:46 PM

That was the best team in the C-USA. We played them very close and if we had come to play in the first half would have dominated the game. ECU is a good team and they beat us, but honestly what do they have to look forward to? They have maybe a 1% chance of playing for a national championship. I am perfectly fine being a "small time college football fan" if it means I can get excited about my team losing a game or 2 and still being in the hunt for a championship.

Good post. I agree totally. We have the playoffs and can compete on the field for a national championship. I like where we're at.

mistersykes
September 5th, 2009, 08:53 PM
I'm about as happy as I can be after my team lost a game. Know what I mean? This season will be awesome. App stuck with it even when it looked like a blowout the other way. Close game, no major injuries. Bring on the cowboys!

JMU Newbill
September 5th, 2009, 09:08 PM
No one should ever be happy with a loss... anyone that is... never actually played sports at a legit competitive level.

That being said... App looked dangerous tonight. There is no doubt that if App plays to their potential, they are the team to beat in the SoCon, and quite possibly the team to beat in the country. I still like UR, but App looked great in the second half today.

Keep up the good work down there in Boone!

Appstate29
September 5th, 2009, 09:15 PM
was at the game, went through the EZU student section. Lets just say class isn't the top priority for those kids. I laughed my way through it. Anyone else think that when they crook their pointer finger and yell "arghh" is quite possibly the lamest cheer ever?

We should have won this game, we did not come to play the first half, looked DECENT in the 2nd half, but EZU also was playing poorly in the 2nd half. I really wish we could have taken this one in so I didn't have to listen to my EZU alum brother talk **** all the way down to CHarlotte.

AppStateSVX
September 5th, 2009, 10:02 PM
I watched the game with the Asheville Alumni Chapter, and had a great time. We nearly pulled it off, but it's ok. We have a LOT to look forward to this year. Cadet's potential is exciting, and a backfield with Armanti and Cadet is a nightmare for D's

biggie
September 5th, 2009, 10:16 PM
Just drove back from G-ville and unpacked.

Depressing wasn't even close to the feeling in the first half (63 yds of offense, seriously?).

But great turn around and glad not all the App fans went pretty much anywhere. Had to have 6k+ there and were really loud at the end. Hope to check out everything on DVR tomorrow.

Was shocked that Cadet did so well, now more decisions for next week.

Only a couple 'bad' ECU fan experiences. Worst thing was the 60 "Donks" with bass so loud it was shaking my hotel room, 100 yards away from the building... at 1:30 to 3:30am last night. Sleep deprived.

Skjellyfetti
September 6th, 2009, 12:52 AM
ECU fans are of the opinion that if Armanti played... they would have lost:

the sad thing is it's true if AE had played we would have lost b/c our O SUCKED OUT LOUD the 2nd half ZERO scores the 2nd half

Honestly, as a ECU fan, I would agree with that statement, if he had of played we would have lost.

Our offensive execution was horrid, and so was our D after the 1st Q ended.

They'll say it, and I think they might be right.

About the only dissenter believes that Armanti playing wouldn't have mattered because there's no way Armanti is better than Cadet xeekx:

edwards would not have mattered....i don't think any QB could have done any better than what #7 did in the 2nd half...he was brilliant....we knew he would run the draw play every time and we still couldn't stop him.

http://eastcarolina.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1324&tid=131714051&mid=131714051&sid=1084&style=2

I believe App and Cadet left an impression. xnodx

KiddBrewer
September 6th, 2009, 01:27 AM
was at the game, went through the EZU student section. Lets just say class isn't the top priority for those kids. I laughed my way through it. Anyone else think that when they crook their pointer finger and yell "arghh" is quite possibly the lamest cheer ever?

We should have won this game, we did not come to play the first half, looked DECENT in the 2nd half, but EZU also was playing poorly in the 2nd half. I really wish we could have taken this one in so I didn't have to listen to my EZU alum brother talk **** all the way down to CHarlotte.

Ha, I was thinking the whole day that they have to have the lamest cheers in the world. I'll take Appalachian's gameday experience over ecu's anyday, including inside the game. I realize now even more that our crowd is about as coordinated as they come anywhere

AppSt.09
September 6th, 2009, 01:37 AM
My experience was very good at ECU. Still here actually. If we would have not have missed that field goal and then had that rediculous safety, we would have possibly gone into overtime and possibly have won. Our fans, imho, are way better in spirit and were just as loud as ECU at some points. Good showing by a young team

Aho_Old_Guy
September 6th, 2009, 07:04 AM
--Travaris Cadet

I don't necessarily disagree but put it in the context of an exciting 'young' player caught up in the frustration of losing a game he (and we all) felt was winnable.

It may have been 30 years since Appalachian-EZU previously played but this rivalry is not dormant.

North Carolina may not seem like a hot football state 'but we is' xlolx I'd play East Carolina every year in the median of I-85 if we had the opportunity. We remember where EZU came from and the crap they have talked from their high horse since they went 'big time'. (I imagine Big Time was cleaning out a few of their adult diapers after that second half yesterday xnodx )

I suspect the ASU coaches played this up all week. The rivalry between ASU & EZU may well exceed that of our SoCon brethren, certainly our newly found competitions with JMU (and I'm not forgetting those pukes from Wake).

I'd like to thank the 'ECU' poster in this thread. He has done a good job representing his school in a positive fashion. Hat's off to East Carolina for giving us this shot and for winning this game. But I will assure you ...

The 'ECU' poster is not representative of the totality (and idiocy) of the EZU nation. There is mutual admiration and respect, but how can you like someone who doesn't even know how to make BBQ?

Mountaineer#96
September 6th, 2009, 12:14 PM
"Cadet was recruited heavily by Michigan, yeah Michigan, before deciding he wanted to play I-AA ball. Guess what, he's good and so is App State. After watching scores roll in from around the nation -- I think the FCS has some pretty damn good teams too!

Richmond beats Duke (yeah, but still a D-1 team)
William & Mary beats Virginia
Northern Iowa almost knocks off #20 Iowa
Samford nearly beats Central Florida

Just win baby! 1-0."

Wow although his bio on Cadet is off the mark these Pirate fans have just found out what FCS is and that we have teams that can PLAY.

If they would have blown us out they would have been asking why VT didn't make a trip although.

ECU
September 6th, 2009, 12:17 PM

ECU is a good team and they beat us, but honestly what do they have to look forward to?
I don't know, we have our yearly rivalry with West Virginia next week, then we get to settle who's the best in the state with game with North Carolina the week after. Then in Novemeber we host Virginia Tech on a Thursday night national showcase game, & if all goes well we'll be playing an SEC team in a 50+ year old bowl infront of 60k people again in Memphis in January. I think well figure something else to out to get excited about around here. Someones excited about the program, or we wouldn't be expanding to 50k at the end of the year.

That was the best team in the C-USA. We played them very close and if we had come to play in the first half would have dominated the game.

As far as the game, I don't think there's much question to anyone that watched the entire game we have better players. It was complete domination the 1st half and we just looked so much bigger and stronger than your guys with just as much speed.

Everyone has their own take but at the end of the day we won like we were supposed to. To me things were so easy in the first half IMO our team started going through the motions in the 2nd half, which was disappointing. You guys on the other hand had zero pressure because the game was all but over, & had pride to play for because you were getting embarrassed as bad as I have seen a team get man handled & pushed around in a while. Your guys manned up though & once the momentum switched it was hard to get it turned back on, & Holtz is notoriously conservative when we have a lead. Just look at all the close games we play.

Cadet looked good, & played great, but you have no clue how that guy would have reacted at the start of the game when it was actually a game & had pressure. He could go in loose. If Edwards was in there I don't think there's much he could have done in the 1st half, & even if he kept it closer we hadn't jumped out to such a big lead maybe we never lose focus IMO. Lot of if', that's why they play the games though. Your teams got some heart. Hopefully this was a good wake up call for ours.

Mountaineer#96
September 6th, 2009, 12:23 PM
FLAME starting in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1,.............. (that is how you count down from 5 ECU folks)

The Moody1
September 6th, 2009, 12:34 PM
I don't know, we have our yearly rivalry with West Virginia next week, then we get to settle who's the best in the state with game with North Carolina the week after. Then in Novemeber we host Virginia Tech on a Thursday night national showcase game, & if all goes well we'll be playing an SEC team in a 50+ year old bowl infront of 60k people again in Memphis in January. I think well figure something else to out to get excited about around here. Someones excited about the program, or we wouldn't be expanding to 50k at the end of the year.

As far as the game, I don't think there's much question to anyone that watched the entire game we have better players. It was complete domination the 1st half and we just looked so much bigger and stronger than your guys with just as much speed.

Everyone has their own take but at the end of the day we won like we were supposed to. To me things were so easy in the first half IMO our team started going through the motions in the 2nd half, which was disappointing. You guys on the other hand had zero pressure because the game was all but over, & had pride to play for because you were getting embarrassed as bad as I have seen a team get man handled & pushed around in a while. Your guys manned up though & once the momentum switched it was hard to get it turned back on, & Holtz is notoriously conservative when we have a lead. Just look at all the close games we play.

Cadet looked good, & played great, but you have no clue how that guy would have reacted at the start of the game when it was actually a game & had pressure. He could go in loose. If Edwards was in there I don't think there's much he could have done in the 1st half, & even if he kept it closer we hadn't jumped out to such a big lead maybe we never lose focus IMO. Lot of if', that's why they play the games though. Your teams got some heart. Hopefully this was a good wake up call for ours.

Delusional - Look it up.

ECU
September 6th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Fine. Congrats on your moral victory. We've tried to move past that around here to the point we expect to win. If we lose a close game to West Virginia next week, I won't be rah- rah-ing and happy like quite a few of you guys are on this thread about hanging with us. Been fun guys, good luck, hope you win your divison and make this win look pretty good.

ericsaid
September 6th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Ha, I was thinking the whole day that they have to have the lamest cheers in the world. I'll take Appalachian's gameday experience over ecu's anyday, including inside the game. I realize now even more that our crowd is about as coordinated as they come anywhere

I got that feeling too.

Appstate29
September 6th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Fine. Congrats on your moral victory. We've tried to move past that around here to the point we expect to win. If we lose a close game to West Virginia next week, I won't be rah- rah-ing and happy like quite a few of you guys are on this thread about hanging with us. Been fun guys, good luck, hope you win your divison and make this win look pretty good.

Get over yourself. I heard from 10 ecu fans that "this isn't michigan", all I kept thinking, and saying was, "it sure as hell isn't". No one was happy that we lost to you guys yesterday, we just have class, something that ecu fans and students need to learn about. have a great season.

arghhh!!! hahaha, thank you for that, i'll be having fun with it for the rest of the year.

AppStsGr8
September 6th, 2009, 04:46 PM
I'm not happy App lost. No winner likes losing.

I am happy that our team and our fans stayed in the game to the end. I am happy that we didn't have any players laid out on the field from dehydration cramping. I am happy that App did it all with AE on the sidelines. I am happy that we've got a punt returned who can be a quarterback. I am happy that the App defense got stronger as the day went on and played some of the best defense I've seen in the 4th quarter. I am happy to be part of the Appalachian family!

Bring on the "our-size" schools!

KiddBrewer
September 6th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Get over yourself. I heard from 10 ecu fans that "this isn't michigan", all I kept thinking, and saying was, "it sure as hell isn't". No one was happy that we lost to you guys yesterday, we just have class, something that ecu fans and students need to learn about. have a great season.

arghhh!!! hahaha, thank you for that, i'll be having fun with it for the rest of the year.

hahah, i heard/felt the same way. ECU people feel WAAAAAAAYYYYY to good about themselves. In my opinion, its a relatively good school with mosty uneducated, somewhat lame and definately fair weather fans, located in one run-down, sorry excuse for a town. but, like i said, thats just my opinionxwhistlexxsmiley_wix

ericsaid
September 6th, 2009, 06:29 PM
hahah, i heard/felt the same way. ECU people feel WAAAAAAAYYYYY to good about themselves. In my opinion, its a relatively good school with mosty uneducated, somewhat lame and definately fair weather fans, located in one run-down, sorry excuse for a town. but, like i said, thats just my opinionxwhistlexxsmiley_wix

Not that any of this can be helped. But the late nights here make all that oh so worth it.

Appalachians fans are much much more passionate about their football team than ECU fans. I was telling kids around me to watch Travaris in the first quarter. It was funny hearing the reactions once he started to lead the comeback.

There were kids calling App a high school team in the first half. I didn't hear it once in the second half.

KiddBrewer
September 6th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Not that any of this can be helped. But the late nights here make all that oh so worth it.

Appalachians fans are much much more passionate about their football team than ECU fans. I was telling kids around me to watch Travaris in the first quarter. It was funny hearing the reactions once he started to lead the comeback.

There were kids calling App a high school team in the first half. I didn't hear it once in the second half.

yea, tried to go downtown last night, couldnt get in anywhere...xmadxxoopsxxbawlingx

CrackerRiley
September 6th, 2009, 08:46 PM
Hell of a game. Plenty of what ifs. I was telling everyone Cadet would start the 2nd half. Then coach didn't put him in... when he finally did I said "ok, watch this guys."
I'm on that Cadet Bandwagon!

I thought the pass to Coco was very catchable...

AppMan
September 6th, 2009, 11:24 PM
"Cadet was recruited heavily by Michigan, yeah Michigan, before deciding he wanted to play I-AA ball. Guess what, he's good and so is App State. After watching scores roll in from around the nation -- I think the FCS has some pretty damn good teams too!

Richmond beats Duke (yeah, but still a D-1 team)
William & Mary beats Virginia
Northern Iowa almost knocks off #20 Iowa
Samford nearly beats Central Florida

Just win baby! 1-0."

Wow although his bio on Cadet is off the mark these Pirate fans have just found out what FCS is and that we have teams that can PLAY.

If they would have blown us out they would have been asking why VT didn't make a trip although.

Come on ASU fans get the story straight and stop making fools out of yourselves. Cadet did not simply decide "he wanted to play 1-aa ball." That's utter nonsense. Cadet signed a LOI with Tennessee then took a visit to Minnesota which angered the UT staff to the point they withdrew the offer. He eventually signed with Toledo who decided to make him a receiver. He then transferred to Pearl River CC looking for a fresh start. How did he come to ASU? Think about it.

From Rivals.com on Jan 31, 2007. Cadet lists impressive offers from the likes of Tennessee, North Carolina, South Florida and Virginia Tech in addition to his latest offer from Minnesota. He was in Knoxville last weekend on a trip to Tennessee.

Mountaineer#96
September 6th, 2009, 11:52 PM
Come on ASU fans get the story straight and stop making fools out of yourselves. Cadet did not simply decide "he wanted to play 1-aa ball." That's utter nonsense. Cadet signed a LOI with Tennessee then took a visit to Minnesota which angered the UT staff to the point they withdrew the offer. He eventually signed with Toledo who decided to make him a receiver. He then transferred to Pearl River CC looking for a fresh start. How did he come to ASU? Think about it.

From Rivals.com on Jan 31, 2007. Cadet lists impressive offers from the likes of Tennessee, North Carolina, South Florida and Virginia Tech in addition to his latest offer from Minnesota. He was in Knoxville last weekend on a trip to Tennessee.

That was a post from ECU's rivals site hence the " ......." and my comments below about them having Cadet's bio WAY off.......... I know where the kid came from. xcoffeex

bunny
September 6th, 2009, 11:59 PM
Replay of the game is on now...
http://channelsurfing.net/watch-ncaa-football.html

4th quarter action just started.

AppMan
September 7th, 2009, 07:28 AM
That was a post from ECU's rivals site hence the " ......." and my comments below about them having Cadet's bio WAY off.......... I know where the kid came from. xcoffeex

I missed where you referenced the ECU board part. Please accept my apology. I simply wish ASU fans would get their facts straight before opening their mouths.

Mountaineer#96
September 7th, 2009, 09:27 AM
I missed where you referenced the ECU board part. Please accept my apology. I simply wish ASU fans would get their facts straight before opening their mouths.

I agree.......no harm done. I can understand your frustration with what people have been speaking about without researching or asking a good source of info.

Touchdown Yosef
September 7th, 2009, 10:12 AM

Yup you did look superior in the first half but that is some pretty confident and borderline cocky talk from a team that was a few plays away from losing, and a missed field goal and a botched punt turned safety away from overtime. ECU is a great team and played a great game. They stepped up when they had to and came away with a win and should be commended for that.

I don't like playing the what if game but discounting that AE would have had any effect on the game is just delusional. We were missing the best player in FCS and a dynamic QB. So you take the running game away thats fine, where AE makes a difference is in the passing game and in his decision making. Great game ECU but you were played tough in a close game and I would love to see a rematch someday.

ASUMountaineer
September 7th, 2009, 02:15 PM

It's called being proud of the players representing your school and not quitting when they could have (we're not happy we lost genius). I'm not sure what your beef is with ASU (especially a team lacking superiority), but we support our players win or lose. Try winning with class, like we lost with class.

As to you wishing us luck, we hope we win the NCAA Division I National Championship again this year too.

ASUMountaineer
September 7th, 2009, 02:31 PM

Any educated football fan would know that before the game. That's the biggest difference between I-A and I-AA, more scholarships typically = more depth, especially in the trenches. In the skill positions, the players may be of equal talent, but the depth on the lines is crucial and it showed in the first half yesterday.

Everyone has their own take but at the end of the day we won like we were supposed to. To me things were so easy in the first half IMO our team started going through the motions in the 2nd half, which was disappointing.

That doesn't speak well of your players. I think that may have been somewhat true until about 10 minutes to go in the 4th. Of course, if ECU's players are "better" and the 1st half was a "complete domination," I'm not sure why those superior players couldn't turn the intensity up. I mean, logically...

You guys on the other hand had zero pressure because the game was all but over, & had pride to play for because you were getting embarrassed as bad as I have seen a team get man handled & pushed around in a while.

Do you mean ECU man handling a team, or any team? I mean, if that's the case, you really should watch football outside of Greenville. Seriously, did you not see Florida beat the Liberty Bowl Champions Kentucky Wildcats 63-5 just last season? xeyebrowx

Your guys manned up though & once the momentum switched it was hard to get it turned back on, & Holtz is notoriously conservative when we have a lead. Just look at all the close games we play.

So, I guess you're saying that's the one aspect ASU may be better at, coaching?

Cadet looked good, & played great, but you have no clue how that guy would have reacted at the start of the game when it was actually a game & had pressure.

That's very true, but you don't have a clue how he would have reacted either. Also, you must take into account that Cadet came in cold, and in our system for about 3 weeks, and hadn't played QB in 3 years. He has a lot of work to do, but little pressure and no tape for ECU to watch on him definitely helped.

He could go in loose. If Edwards was in there I don't think there's much he could have done in the 1st half, & even if he kept it closer we hadn't jumped out to such a big lead maybe we never lose focus IMO.

Maybe, maybe not. Who knows, who cares? He didn't play so it's moot.

Lot of if', that's why they play the games though. Your teams got some heart. Hopefully this was a good wake up call for ours.

I agree (for ECU and ASU--I'll be pulling for ECU all year to perform well--as I usually do (especially to beat up on the big boy BCS--BullCrapSeries), I have family that are ECU grads and they were impressed and complimentary of ASU's team. All of the ECU fans in our section were great and I enjoyed my time in Greenville. It's unfortunate you seem to be so upset with a victory over a good ASU team, regardless of subdivision. IMO

ECU
September 7th, 2009, 07:27 PM
I just didn't care for a couple of your fans talking about how you would have "dominated" "if" this and "if" that. Just pointing out I could say the same.

McNeese75
September 7th, 2009, 08:32 PM
I just didn't care for a couple of your fans talking about how you would have "dominated" "if" this and "if" that. Just pointing out I could say the same.

xlolx You need to put on your big girl panties and suck it up. The fact is if AE was behind center last Saturday you probably would not be trolling over here looking for some kind of confirmation from ASU fans. xeekx

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 7th, 2009, 09:13 PM
I didn't see the App. State ECU game, but I have seen Armanti Edwards play on television and in person in at least 10 games. I seriously doubt that (at least as of now) that Presley and Cadet have the ability to evade pressure and make pass plays on the run the way that Edwards does. I imagine that App. State's OL was getting owned in this game and that that would have been very important in this game.

Sorry, but AE has started in MANY games and is a good leader. I don't see how this would not have been a different game if he was playing. ECU fans are just plain delusional if they thought they were going to win this game in a rout. I told ECU that Conference USA's record against IAA teams means jack when you haven't played a single team that has won a playoff game (and the only ones you played that even played in the playoffs were low seeds that got blown out in the first round) but he didn't listen.

I don't buy that somehow conservative play-calling by Holtz could account for the comeback either. You'd think when ASU was creeping up on them in the fourth quarter that he wouldn't be so complacent and let them get 17 points in the quarter.

Good luck in the rest of the season, BTW. I fully expect you will take down West Virginia and well have a decent shot at taking down UNC.

ASUMountaineer
September 8th, 2009, 07:21 AM

That's a very long post to say that (I think there was more than that). AND, what did you expect to see on an FCS (I-AA) board? Not to mention, the team that loses always looks for reasons why...the winning team doesn't have to.

"What if's" don't matter, and if ECU is really as big time as you think they are, you should care less what ASU fans think. I enjoyed my time in Greenville, the game was great, and I hope we can keep playing this game. Who knows what could have happened? All we know is what happened, and what happened was a great game that finally became competitive, ASU found it's back up QB, AE was dying to get in the game, and ECU won.

ECU
September 8th, 2009, 07:55 AM
ECU fans are just plain delusional if they thought they were going to win this game in a rout.
We are now 41-2 vs your divison since the split with the only losses in the 1st couple years. Forgive me for thinking we'd win.

I told ECU that Conference USA's record against IAA teams means jack when you haven't played a single team that has won a playoff game (and the only ones you played that even played in the playoffs were low seeds that got blown out in the first round) but he didn't listen.
We beat one of your "National Champions" in a season we went 2-9, beat other highly ranked Georgia Southern teams with losing ECU teams as well, and beat some other good D1aa's. Probably beat the best one again this year.

If you are talking about just while we are in CUSA we don't even play D1aa's anymore. We've only played 1 other one this decade it was a ranked William and Mary. As far as the rest of the teams in CUSA, I could give a crap about them or what they've done. Anyway I'm done. Have a good season too.

ASUMountaineer
September 8th, 2009, 09:58 AM
We are now 41-2 vs your divison since the split with the only losses in the 1st couple years. Forgive me for thinking we'd win.

We beat one of your "National Champions" in a season we went 2-9, beat other highly ranked Georgia Southern teams with losing ECU teams as well, and beat some other good D1aa's. Probably beat the best one again this year.

If you are talking about just while we are in CUSA we don't even play D1aa's anymore. We've only played 1 other one this decade it was a ranked William and Mary. As far as the rest of the teams in CUSA, I could give a crap about them or what they've done. Anyway I'm done. Have a good season too.

Have fun with the big boys and I hope ECU makes it two-for-two vs. Mountaineers this year. It would also be nice for your guys to take it to the Tarheels too. Just keep in mind, fans of FCS schools are wanting "respect" just as non-BCS FBS schools (such as ECU) want respect from BCS schools.

Aho_Old_Guy
September 8th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Eastern ConUSA Power Rankings (121 FBS programs)

# 60: Southern Mississippi
# 83: Memphis
# 94: Marshall
# 101: Alabama-Birmingham
# 102: Central Florida

Other ConUSA Opponents

# 94: Marshall
# 116: Southern Methodist

Thank goodness for the Sun Belt! xlolx