PDA

View Full Version : This Week's SoCon rankings

woffordgrad94
October 21st, 2008, 11:09 AM
Not a whole lot of change:

1) ASU- I want to put Elon on top badly, but I think the defending champs have to be kept here until they lose a conference game.
2) Elon- A scary good offense and an improving defense makes the Phoenix a very tough out.
3) Wofford- Haven't yet faced the meat of their schedule. They will start to do so Saturday.
4) Furman- nice win over the cadets- a solid team with realistic playoff hopes
5) GSU- Statesboro, GA is heartbreak city. If only they hyad a defense to complement their offense, they might be at the top.
6) The Citadel- This team is heading towards Crapsville quickly now. I have doubts they will beat Samford.
7) Samford- continues to prove they belong in the conference
8) WCU- improvement is being noticed
9) Chattanooga- no improvemet is being noticed

whoanellie
October 21st, 2008, 11:19 AM
1) ASU- I want to put Elon on top badly, but I think the defending champs have to be kept here until they lose a conference game.

Were you not SoCon-Co- Champs last season?

woffordgrad94
October 21st, 2008, 11:36 AM
Yes, But App was National Champs. That's what I was referring to.

OL FU
October 21st, 2008, 11:41 AM
Sounds reasonable. Not sure if it is Elon or Wofford in the number 2 spot but I won't have to wait long to find out.

appmaj
October 21st, 2008, 11:44 AM
I can agree to these rankings...

Could change after this weekend.

ericsaid
October 21st, 2008, 01:03 PM
Everything could change in a week. The world could be over in a week, but until that happens App's number 1. Every team App and Elon also have in common App has beaten by a considerable amount of more points, aside from Georgia Southern.

And App only lost by 3 points to JMU who beat Richmond, who beat Elon by 18. Spekas for itself.

ElonPride
October 21st, 2008, 02:18 PM
Every team App and Elon also have in common App has beaten by a considerable amount of more points, aside from Georgia Southern.

That's not true...... Elon nearly scored as many points in the 1st quarter against Presby, as App did against them the entire game!!!

ElonFirefighter
October 21st, 2008, 02:35 PM
And App only lost by 3 points to JMU who beat Richmond, who beat Elon by 18. Spekas for itself.

And last year Elon beat wofford who beat app who beat mich. So by that logic Elon's better then mich!!!

jus10asu
October 21st, 2008, 02:44 PM
App should be #1. Not being a homer, but to be the man you gotta beat the man. I wouldn't judge our team based off of early season games. We always finish strong later in the season. The next few weeks will tell all.