PDA

View Full Version : Ref tackles USC player during the game...

DSUrocks07
October 20th, 2008, 04:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWt1tGTHdkc

xeekx

I guess he didn't take the points xlolx

DuckDuckGriz
October 20th, 2008, 04:09 PM
That is so bizarre to me, it's not like he was caught in the middle of the play or anything avoidable - he literally STEPPED UP and squared his shoulders. The guy should be disciplined for it. Nevertheless, not a bad hit.xlolx

mcveyrl
October 20th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Woah. Is that real?

danefan
October 20th, 2008, 04:12 PM
that's the weirdest $h!t I've ever seen. What the heck was he doing?

mcveyrl
October 20th, 2008, 04:13 PM
that's the weirdest $h!t I've ever seen. What the heck was he doing?

Makin' the tackle, man!!

He squared up and gave him the business!!

ASUG8
October 20th, 2008, 04:15 PM
He must have had a flashback to his playing days. That was a solid hit for a guy with no pads.

danefan
October 20th, 2008, 04:17 PM
Makin' the tackle, man!!

He squared up and gave him the business!!

Gave him the business! Ha....those are the greatest calls ever!

He was giving him the business. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

BisonBacker
October 20th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Thats BS, that man should never be allowed to ref another game in his life I don't care if it's little league. What a moron.

DSUrocks07
October 20th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Here's an ESPN link to the video:

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3654145&categoryId=2378529

That whole play seemed surreal

jstate83
October 20th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Guess the people at CHILLI's was not ready to leave yet.xlolx

AZGrizFan
October 20th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Guess the people at CHILLI's was not ready to leave yet.xlolx

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Except isn't it Buffalo Wild Wings? xconfusedx

Skjellyfetti
October 20th, 2008, 05:37 PM
The youtube videos make it look worse than it was. I was watching the game... and it was pretty funny... but viewing it at live speed it looks more like he was trying to avoid the QB and then put his arms up to protect himself once he realized he was going to get hit. Watch the video from ESPN that DSU posted.

93henfan
October 20th, 2008, 05:45 PM
He must have had a flashback to his playing days. That was a solid hit for a guy with no pads.

I think that's exactly it. It looked like instinct took over and he thought he was still 21 years old.

chantster
October 20th, 2008, 06:26 PM
I was watching the game, and it didn't look that bad from the live camera angle, which was behind the offense and the camera was looking down.

From the live angle, the ref was moving in both directions trying to get out the way.

He was also involved on another play when he "picked" the LB trying to cover a TE that was running just in front of the LOS.

Carolina scored on that drive, so it was no big deal.

blackfordpu
October 20th, 2008, 10:02 PM
It looked to me like he was stalking the guy from this angle.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Welcome-to-the-SEC-Stephen-Garcia-Signed-your?urn=ncaaf,115984

Grizzaholic
October 20th, 2008, 10:05 PM
That is really funny.

Big Dawg
October 20th, 2008, 11:55 PM
Damn...the ref straight "ho'd" the ball carrierxlolx

blur2005
October 21st, 2008, 02:01 AM
I watched that happen live. It was amusing more than anything.

89Hen
October 21st, 2008, 08:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDk6LStfhM8&feature=related

appfan2008
October 21st, 2008, 09:52 AM
live it doesnt look bad but when you slow it down... it is not good...

AZGrizFan
October 21st, 2008, 10:23 AM
I watched that play about 20 times last night online. That ref sidestepped at least 4 times to his right, squared up the QB, then lowered his shoulder and knocked the QB on his ass. No WAY that was accidental, and he didn't appear to be trying to "get out of the way". In fact, he stepped TOWARDS the QB and lowered his shoulder at the same time. Dude had a flashback to 1969 Kentucky.....xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

89Hen
October 21st, 2008, 10:29 AM
I watched that play about 20 times last night online. That ref sidestepped at least 4 times to his right, squared up the QB, then lowered his shoulder and knocked the QB on his ass. No WAY that was accidental, and he didn't appear to be trying to "get out of the way". In fact, he stepped TOWARDS the QB and lowered his shoulder at the same time.
Not having seen it live, I have to agree. I know officials are supposed to be in position to make calls, but what angle was he trying to get to in order to better view the actions of this QB? xconfusedx

mcveyrl
October 21st, 2008, 10:33 AM
Not having seen it live, I have to agree. I know officials are supposed to be in position to make calls, but what angle was he trying to get to in order to better view the actions of this QB? xconfusedx

Plus, it was obvious the QB was scrambling out that way. If he can't get out of the way of the play, he needs to go back to ref school.

Having said that, why would he do that on purpose?? xconfusedx

89Hen
October 21st, 2008, 10:37 AM
Having said that, why would he do that on purpose?? xconfusedx
I really don't know. I'm always the last to buy into conspiracy theories, but other refs have been found guilty of misconduct in purposefully impacting games... no reason to think it couldn't happen. xeyebrowx